Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wannabe-shutin and hillo315 like this.
  2. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    hillo315 likes this.
  3. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Zadiris you should marry Van quickly , you already level 98.
    It seem Zadiris teaching spirit also contribute to her Princess Guider accusition.

Kanako part seem cut by author. Damn it. Or maybe i read it wrong.

jubjub3000 and hillo315 like this.
  4. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    And I'm back.

Incompetent and foolish though he may have been, Bellwood was just following orders for the most part. Alda is the one ultimately responsible for making bad decisions and giving bad orders.

Did someone say "culture", "nudity", and "fine" in the same sentence? Out of my way! Time to engage in... tourism. *revs up DeLorean* *drives into TARDIS*

*snort*

"When Vida sends her people, she's not sending her best. She's sending people that have a lot of problems, and she's bringing those problems to plague us. They're monsters. They're cannibals. They're sex fiends. And some, I assume, are good people."

/snerksnark

If the Alda moderates don't have Alda's divine protection either, then this shouldn't be such a big deal.

What is this? Do I even want to know?

Oh hell yes. :blobmelt:

He did get the Demon King's muscles later on.

Demon King bodies are soul constructs, but they seem to be corporeal...

Controlling Demon King fragments usually requires mana, but Van mitigated that downside by making them his own.

"This house is extremely haunted? Consider it sold!"

That is a sneaky business tactic and I hate that.

The Church of Alda is in on this? Should that even be legal?

And then they not only accept the house, but turn down the offer of a paid exorcism. :blobpopcorn_cool:

He's thinking of his job more than the nobles or the excited house. I understand his position but I'm not sure if he's all that likable.

Perhaps the spirits were guided by Van, making them strong enough to escape the seal.

A monster calmly explaining stuff to a human? This might be a first in Lambda's history. Go, Eisen!

Not expecting to sell the house is no excuse to not have the paperwork! Selling houses is his job, and showing houses he isn't even trying to sell is just a waste of time! :blob_catflip:

So they suddenly revealed to a real-estate agency that they are rich enough to just throw money at their problems like it's going out of style. :blobamused:

Well, damn. Prepare for drama! :blobpopcorn:

I think demigods are supposed to be spiritually inferior to gods, rather than more or less powerful.

The Demiurge job seems to fit both contexts. Van has tremendous power, and creating things is one of his specialties.

Incidentally, Van keeps souls in the material world, which is also a characteristic of the Demiurge.

He was mentioned by name. He may be mentioned again later.

The Vidal Empire is thriving, Van can produce precious metals on demand, and Van loves his luxuries. Why wouldn't they have that much money on hand?

5. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there are still some in the world, just not in very nice places for things like internet, power, clean water, etc.

Edit : I assume there are also some nudist colonies left

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    hillo315 and Theyasser like this.
  6. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bellwood was doing more than just following orders. He antagonised the "creator" champions so much that they split. If he'd accepted Zakkart's idea to nuke the DK then (assuming it worked) things would have been much better. He seemed to have no real idea of tactics or logistics. He was the leader on the ground and he had to make a lot of decisions himself. The whole reason why the gods brought in external champions is that they had no experience with war and wanted outside knowledge. In other words, with regards to running the war itself, Bellwood should have been taking the lead, not Alda.

Yup. In this world, demi-gods are physically orientated gods (have a permanent physical presence) and other gods are spiritually orientated gods (can take physical form at great cost). Three of Lambda's great gods were demi-gods and were also the strongest when it came to combat.

In the Japanese text, two different words are used to refer to the "evil gods" that came with the Demon King. 邪神 (jashin) are the spiritually orientated gods and 悪神 (akujin) are the physically orientated gods, ie equivalent to demi-gods.

It's not that. What I was getting at is the text sort-of hinted that perhaps the treasure came from the haunted house even if it was unlikely. It would have been nice if the text had been clearer on the origins.

On a side note, I wonder if Van will attempt to setup trade routes anytime soon, outside of the Alcheim Duchy.

7. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    FYI: the latest chapter has been corrected to Jahan.

Looking through the author comments, he says big cities can exist on Lambda due to existence of magic. Eg it's used to create ice to help preserve food. It's used to help deal with sewage and waste. He also says that there "may" be dungeons within the city that can provide food.

Korleone, hillo315, Bla8bla and 3 others like this.
  8. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    Like a house that has been haunted for a century and no one can purify?

hillo315, Bla8bla, Nakakure and 2 others like this.
  9. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it could if the gosts had flesh that can be eaten that is.

hillo315 likes this.
  10. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    Or there are floors with non-undead.
    Of course the ghosts could be outside the proper entrance (located in an interior room, like where most of the torture/murder occured), and killing anything that leaves the dungeon

11. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than feeding people, I think that's the type of dungeon that feeds upon people :cookie:

More seriously, the city was said to be founded close to two dungeons originally. With a population of 5m, those original dungeons are now probably within the city.

hillo315, Bla8bla, Claus and 2 others like this.
  12. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, since when were we playing Minecraft here?

hillo315, Theyasser and jubjub3000 like this.
  13. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Your forgot Heinz party, he is alda moderate
    Well there is Van that strong as Battle God/Goddess but Van bellow great god i guess
    Isn't DemiGods is personification of Nature power? At least the original Giant,Dragon and Beast God

14. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on what the author's said, no.

Some more author comments:

Darcia's big pile of cash came from trade with Alcheim. They weren't able to get large quantities of official Orbaume currency until then.

There's no laws against creating or taming undead since it's considered impossible.

There's no jobs for desk work / bureaucratic type work. Or more specifically, there's no such jobs as "noble", "king", "politician", "minister" etc. (which also means there's no cure for idiot nobles, lol)

15. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like the God of Jobs needs to start trolling people other then Zadris.

Maybe it will get inspired by its fun with zadris and expand its humor activities ;)

16. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    But... but... she's such an excellent target!? :blobnosebleed:

Maybe the Alda priests?

"I'm with stupid"
    "The sun shines out of my ass"
    "I'm a racist scumbag and I'm okay"
    "It's not genocide when god tells you to do it"
    "first up against the wall when the revolution comes"

Okay, none of those sound like jobs... but I couldn't resist...

Korleone, Nimitz, Claus and 5 others like this.
  17. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    I did not say anything about stopping trolling her, more like they should expand their actions.
    Heretic, Blasphemer, Clergy of the Usurper, False Sheperd, Enemy of Life, Murderer, etc

There should be plenty of options that they could use based on Alda's teachings differing from and/or outright lying about how the world is really supposed to be run by a consensus of equals, and not him on top.

Especially as even if his teachings are otherwise, there should still be enough evidence and contradictions to realize something is off if you are not blindly following the doctrine.

Korleone, Nakakure, Claus and 5 others like this.
  18. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    Too bad Bellwood can't get Jobs, it would be nice if Heinz were to get a "Successor of Bellwood" title, and then get a good number of jobs like "Mass Murderer", "Crying Baby", "Wannabe Hero", "Eco terrorist", Knight of Hate", etc.

Korleone, Bla8bla, jubjub3000 and 3 others like this.
  19. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    I stand corrected. This was ultimately a side effect of Alda and Vida not getting along, but that doesn't explain why Bellwood handled it so poorly.

Nukes are WMDs, so anyone with sense would hesitate to use them, even if it is actually a good idea.

Point made, but that's still technically Alda's fault for choosing his champion poorly.

So Lambda is using magic to develop technology way ahead of its time. Without magic, medieval refrigerators are basically just underground rooms with ice.

I was talking about the Alda priests.

Huh. So it's one of those things nobody thought they would need to make laws about. That will probably change if everyone learns that Van can and does produce undead. But until then, Van can abuse that loophole as much as he wants.

Desk work is very bland and requires little ability beyond intelligence, patience, and handwriting. There are skills involving leadership, but that's pretty much as far as skills go for politics. Government jobs are probably too broad and open-ended for the job system to use. There are clearly defined techniques for magic and swordsmanship, but it's hard to judge by the same metric how good someone is at politics. Besides, the job system is designed to help people boost their skills and stats. How does being an effective king contribute to that?

Those sound more like titles than jobs. If there is a job for such things, the job system would probably phrase it to sound like a backhanded compliment or apparently beneficial with ominous overtones.

That's a lot better, but they still sound more like titles.

Bla8bla, jubjub3000 and Theyasser like this.
  20. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    I was just being silly...

Sounds like heavy metal song names. I like :blobowoevil_horns:

"Hero of Ignorance", "Hero of Genocide", "Blind Follower", "Betrayer of Hope", "Company of Fools"...

Slightly more seriously, perhaps the most appropriate job for Alda believers would be "Luddite". Gives attack bonuses when attacking machinery...

Kinda hard to turn these things into snappy job titles though unfortunately.

It was probably hard for people to spot the flaws in Alda's arguments since things have been static for so long, people had little alternative knowledge and also because Alda didn't actually promise much.

Bla8bla, Nakakure, Nimitz and 4 others like this.