Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Is Heinz never fight againts evil God?

Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  2. mai.rain

mai.rain Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, Heinz fought the Pure breed and Run away Demon King fragments (i don't think we know the amount tho)
    he might have faced them in the trail but i won't count a fake and mechanical version the same as the real thing

3. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Vida race members who are either slaves or free and not currently in hidden villages would be in the most danger if the Amid Empire goes extreme. If we see something like an order to round up all the free ones and enslave them regardless of their status then that'll probably be the start of a downward spiral.

Incidentally, Schneider has already moved his full harem into the Vidal Empire. (all his kids, their mothers, etc) He was clearly aware that the Empire might take them hostage / similar.

When you say "declare war", what exactly do you mean, since I'm not sure how it relates to the rest of your comment? I'm thinking that any declaration from the Amid Empire would be against the Vidal Empire and/or the Orbaume Kingdom. Given the scale of the Amid Empire, I think it would be hard for Van and co to rescue the Vida race members if a purge or whatever is declared - there'd be 100s of cities and towns, 1000s of villages. Hence, better to quietly move them out beforehand.

When fanatics are running the show anything is possible, no matter how stupid it is. I think Alda would be quite willing to have the Amid Empire declare war on the Orbaume Kingdom if the latter has effectively been taken over by Van. It's also possible that he might send down a message that is misinterpreted as a desire to declare war. Let's not forget that these two countries have been at war for some time, on and off, so plenty would be keen on war, particularly if they feel that they have Alda's direct backing.

Yep, this is quite possible. If the Amid Empire core country itself is clearly weakening then the vassal nations might well make a push for independence, depending upon how they feel about various things. Even if they don't declare a war of independence against the Amid Empire they might simply refuse to cooperate. Van could re-open the tunnel and subtly help the Mirg shield nation become independent - would be an interesting turn of events.

If all the hero candidates in Orbaume are being converted like the ones we saw already then Alda might figure it's better to cut his losses.

My guess is that Van would prefer to avoid a large scale war though. For example, his hint about physically blocking the land route between the countries by turning mountains into golems. If all out war is declared, Van will certainly respond of course though I doubt he'd use conventional methods and I suspect the war would be over quite quickly once it begins in earnest.

4. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    Provocation basically, although not necessarily against Van, even if the provocation was indeed done towards him (I mean, they could act in a way to provoke Van, but someone else [Like another duke of Orbaum, or the majority of the Kingdom] take the bait).

But I would add 2 important things here: Van shouldn't be considered a hero, and I don't expect him to save every single innocent citizen, nor care about people he doesn't even know, and the idea that "Van is saving" Vida races should be pretty much unknown to Alda, he could be getting suspicious, but Alda has no idea how many hidden villages are there because there are no believers of his at those, nor he should know all or at least most of them have already been saved.

The one who recognized that Van has been saving Vida Races was Heinz over Mill's words, because to the Gods, Van should be doing some macabre ritual to turn everyone into undead or brainwash them into soldiers of his, and even so, he shouldn't know everything, I mean, he should have understood that events in Hartner, Sauron, and maybe even Alcrem, to some extent, were Van saving people, but neither Heinz nor Alda should know the entire size of their operations.

As such, such slaves that have been unlucky to be turned into slaves, I certainly hope they could be saved eventually, just like Van did with those near Moksi (There were adults too), and the ones Birkyne was "farming", but I don't expect him to start a whole revolution that could be seen akin to abolition of slavery (Which he could be inclined as an ideal, but not in priorities).

So atacking their own slaves would be non-sense.

While I understand Alda's stupidity, he actually listens to his subordinate gods, unlike Rodcorte. They would stop or at least try to reason with him if doing that is really a good idea. Alda can be quite emotional, but he always suppresses that and tries to be only logical, that's the reason why he can't predict Van's actions, and can only think of Van as the second coming of Guduranis.

My opinion is that Alda still thinks it's not too late, he doesn't know the entirety of Van's forces. Although he should have some idea from Botin Defense Force, not only he does not have Curatos anymore, the fights were played in a hit and run tactics, which means they never fought "to their fullest" (Hell, Heart Warriors, Simon and Natania who are far from being considered elite in Lambda fought in the battle), and now with Peria, Botin, and the other 3 very much declaring war while pledging on Vida's side, which in turn should get them more active in this upcoming "Divine War", Alda simply can't know Van's potential, and is only secure because he thinks that with Bellwood awaken, everything would be dealt with successfully, however, now he found out that Bellwood is no more than a power up item, and he now needs to convince Heinz whose ideals are actually quite different from his.

Alda is already in a lost battle, but can maintain composure because he doesn't know that, hence, he is doing his strategy with the idea that it's possible to win, and I don't expect some "Rodcorte levels of ideas", specially after Edgar is revealed to be messed up, which could turn Heinz against Alda in the middle of crossfire against Van. Alda may find out that, while his plan would need Rodcorte's help after Vida is defeated, now Rodcorte can be considered an enemy, and as such, his ideal would be finally be considered impossible to achieve.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  5. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Van is Basicly Walking Plasma Cannon after all. He probaly not use poison. War between human tend to discourage the use of poison even in Lambda. But the presequite is to aknowlegde that Vida Race is also "Human" if Vida Race not Aknowlegde as "Human" the rule to not use poison is forfeit after all
    Edit : basicly The "Human" will lose directly or indirectly in My Scenario.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    Bla8bla, Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  6. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did not we already decided that if there ever was an open all out war it would basically be that one Macross scene?

7. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh when?

Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  8. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it was last year, I think the conversation started about Kanako and then naturaly evolved into "Kanako will end the war with the power of Idol music!"

9. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember it well because I sigged it. This is actually one of the main reason I sig things, and also why I hoard quotes like no other.

Mesaphrom and jubjub3000 like this.
  10. Szmiiit

Szmiiit Lightweavers' Hemalurgist

Reading List:
    Link
    Shneider did the operation when Vida was available, alowing full intel about location. because of racizm most free Vidas races members were separated from humans, and total number was probably always small.
    Slaves will probably have to deal with it until Sieg is the emperor.

11. leoleodragon

leoleodragon Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if van eat one of the reincarnated individual soul does he get the cheat like ability?

hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  12. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes and no, the abilities are adapted into existing skills, otherwise they may remain loose on his soul. As examples, Marionette went to Golem Creation. Super MP Regen was never truly absorbed and was later "given" to Hiroshi

13. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, Van isn't a "hero" but then again, this series hasn't been particularly complimentary towards "heroes" (Bellwood, Heinz, Hiroto).

Van doesn't feel a sense of obligation to help anyone and everyone on the entire planet but he does believe that he'll ultimately benefit when he helps people. He's definitely willing to help strangers when it doesn't cost him much.

Alda has gods peering down on Talosheim. I wonder if they can differentiate the living from zombies?

Incidentally, Talosheim's current population is 23,000. It hasn't been growing that rapidly recently though - it's been 23,000 for the last 3 story arcs.

Van hasn't made any moves to abolish slavery or similar anywhere, even in his own empire. So I wasn't suggesting he'd try to do that at all. But he can buy slaves and free them (something that happened on Earth).

Hasn't stopped people on Earth doing really stupid things. Bear in mind that Alda's official doctrine calls for the extermination of all Vida races.

Alda can listen but that doesn't mean he'll act on it. For example, he listened to Nineroad about the Vida races but didn't actually do anything. Most of the people around him are worse than him in many ways. Actually, I'd say it's those around Alda who can only see Van as the second coming of Guduranis - Alda is specifically aware that he's different.

"with Peria, Botin, and the other 3 very much declaring war on Vida's side" - typo in there I'm sure.

Anyway, yes Alda seems to be unaware that his situation is rapidly deteriorating. I'm curious to see how quickly the situation between Heinz and Van will develop. It would be fair to say that Heinz is on the fence - he wants to be able to talk with Van but he's also aware that being able to talk things out might be impossible since Van is coming in with the expectation of a fight to the death. Can Heinz accept Van? Can Van forgive Heinz? If both happen then will Alda have any meaningful options left except to go for all out war?

Some months ago I listed a bunch of things that would likely have to happen to force Alda to change his mind. One being what you suggest above about Rodcorte. However, based on some hints dropped by the author, I don't think Alda will realise/accept that he can't trust Rodcorte due to Edgar. Essentially, Rodcorte will have enough "plausible deniability" that he wasn't responsible. Given that Alda will likely be out of good options by this point, he might have to hope/pray that Rodcorte won't in fact stab him in the back.

Claus, Bla8bla, Nakakure and 3 others like this.
  14. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    These settings will prob be heavily handed to Darcia and Selen as mediators (but that's also if Darcia doesn't get the itch to kill Heinz as payback for capturing and handing her to Gordon to be tortured and burnt at the stake).

Nakakure and jubjub3000 like this.
  15. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Darcia is the last person Van would want as a mediator with Heinz since as far as he's concerned any threat to Darcia must be eliminated. He's definitely not going to allow Darcia to be in any danger. And Darcia/Vida have declared Heinz as "enemy of Vida".

It's also not the sort of thing Selen could reasonably be expected to handle.

Claus, Bla8bla, Nakakure and 3 others like this.
  16. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    So, there's really no chance for the two to reconcile to that end. Only brought up one possible solution (other than a death match between the two), and fairly certain Darcia can handle her own post resurrection. Selen will prob still try (at least for Heinz, but with Van's reaction to her... ).

jubjub3000 likes this.
  17. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    Was there more details about that? He had Bacias's trio doing that before, and I remember they would report nothing important, and then they betrayed Alda, I don't think there are any other gods doing that right now, and if they are, Alda would be risking more than headaches.

Right now, helping strangers that he has no idea about not only would request resources, but also time, things that he currently need for immediate problems. He may try doing that sort of stuff once Talosheim is open to the public and Alda is dealt, now with Heinz that's even harder, but pretty much, all that is not in the list of priorities right now. That's what I was trying to say.

Yes, Alda should be able to request that, but he is also aware that Vida Races are already part of society, even if as slaves and would cause too much chaos if suddenly removed, that's something that Alda can't do right now even if he wishes for. That could led to rebellions on the human side, this could also injure his relationship with Nineroad, more than it already is.
    We most likely already know that while Heinz would accept Van, undeads... Let's say there is a bigger chance of the No Life Slayer accepting Van's Undeads than Van forgiving Heinz. I kinda already consider Heinz almost irrelevant at that point of the story, I do wonder though what will happen with Bellwood. Alda doesn't care for Heinz near as much as he cares for Bellwood, if Bellwood were to tell Alda "Stop", Alda would enter something on the level of existencial crisis, if Bellwood were to be consumed, Alda would lose all hope.
    While Darcia is technically a super woman right now, Heinz still has Bellwood. He most likely will have a really low time limit when compared to both Van and Darcia though, and should drop dead soon after it expires, or if Van eats Bellwood. I wonder if there is a light pillar on his Ascend for Van to hit.

18. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not like we actually know what approach Heinz is going to take... or whether Van will make the first move. There's currently no indication that Heinz is going to take some softly-softly approach, eg writing letters or similar.

My current impression is that it'll start out something close to being a battle but with Heinz desperately trying to get Van to listen. In other words, a very high tension high stakes encounter.

19. leoleodragon

leoleodragon Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So he cant get new ability/skill? just level up existing skill that is similar to whatever ability/skill the soul he devour?

jubjub3000 and hillo315 like this.
  20. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    He can, but not very often. He usually gets skills from very powerful opponents, typically gods. Even then, he only ever gets a few compatible skills, not a complete powerset.

It just so happened that Van could already do everything the cheats were made for.