Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Did he use Van as inspiration for his disguise?

Bla8bla, Claus and jubjub3000 like this.
  2. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he's just bored out of his mind due to the legal process of becoming a teacher (and doing it all in a couple days) and listening to all the Noble kids talk about themselves

Bla8bla, Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  3. Masukure

Masukure Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The explanation I remember was that the mana regen cheat worked based on a set value, while his natural regen work based on a percentage of his max capacity. Considering the absurd amount of mana he possessed, the regen cheat as useless.

For example, lets say it takes 12 hours to regen all his mana. Thats about 700k mana per second being regenerated naturally. Even if the cheat allowed a braver to fully recover in under a minute, it would be less than 1/100th of van's mana regeneration.

4. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if the lab still there.

I wonder if tamer guild SAN will plumed to ground. Nineroad the legendary tamer that taming dragon. Van : My Son is True Dragon and his mother is Queen of Dragon.
    EDIT: Val already suprass Nineroad at taming

5. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, fixed, also corrected the name of the guildmaster, I must have been drank or something, although today was not a normal day for me, so I was in a lot of haste in the entire day The good part was, I had a nice job interview where I can move from my current 4 hour commuting time per day for a new one that may pay more, and would take 10 minutes to get. Plus a new glass display for all my figures :3

I'm tired...

Darcia: Sir, we don't have any dragon tamed, but a Dragon God is my son's bitch. Does it work?

For some reason, I accidentally just compared Tiamat with Arifureta's Tio

KuroShiroe, Nimitz, Bla8bla and 4 others like this.
  6. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Van surpassed nineroads when he tamed the demons in that dungeon a while back!

Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  7. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    You really tired man there no way Darcia said "Bitch"

8. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah He already surpass Nineroad when he taming Evil God

9. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    She said it lovingly though.

10. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    Darcia would use a safe equivalent, such as 'dog' or 'cur'.

Or not. Because comedy.

Bla8bla and jubjub3000 like this.
  11. Culaio

Culaio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While it does help me understand how its useless to van it still doesnt explain why it wasnt absorbed by van regardless, leveling system shouldnt care how its useless to van, its just a system that is doing its purpose, and if I am not mistaken this system doesnt even care if skill/job in question gives some disadvantages to user, and this doesnt give any disadvantage,its just miniscule advantage(even smallest advantage can be useful once every thousand times).

Also I want to mention even if it wasnt useful to van now it doesnt mean it couldnt be useful later. I dont know if it was levelable skill(some unique skills are levelable while others arent) but even if it wasnt it doesnt mean author couldnt have use it later, at worst author could have turned it into just additional level for one of van's mana recovery skill and at best it could have fused with one of van's mana recovery skills when it they awaken(we saw before awakened skill absorbing into itself other skills that have similar function, if am nost mistaken van golem creation skill absorbed vans carpentry and blacksmithing skills) creating even better awakened mana recovery skill.

Bla8bla, jubjub3000, mai.rain and 2 others like this.
  12. LokiTheAccursed

LokiTheAccursed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I understood of the MTL the issue was that it was incompatible with Van and that's why it didn't get absorbed by Van.

Culaio, jubjub3000, Nakakure and 2 others like this.
  13. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    The cheats were designed to be used by their intended users, of course. The cheat given to Hiroshi is a key that didn't fit in Van's lock.

This isn't Van's only compatibility issue. He also can't summon familiar spirits because their souls are too different from his own.

Bla8bla, Culaio, jubjub3000 and 2 others like this.
  14. mai.rain

mai.rain Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

We know from the fight with the cannibal god that when absorbing sword skills it depended on how the skill worked as to if the skill integrated.
    So a sword skill which uses mostly slashing attacks would not level up more if combined with a sword skill which focused on stabbing as they are to different from each other.
    So whilst they both fall under the Sword Skill they are completely different skills in and of themselves, so it might simply be the mana regen that he took was incompatible with any skills Van had already, as the way they worked might have been to different.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    Claus, Bla8bla, jubjub3000 and 3 others like this.
  15. Culaio

Culaio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This does make sense but this explanation doesnt work completly since some cheats were incorporated into van skills which means they were compatible while others arent.

though van soul devour skill may be incorprating fragments of souls of people he "devoured" into van's soul, which could explain how his soul devour skill lets him get skills, since skills are spiritual, they are engraved on soul, though in that case van should be compatible with any cheat skill since orginal soul for which that skill was made become part of him, and we know that this isnt happening.

I will respond to both of you since your responses are similar ;p

Skills being incompatible with each other makes sense to me but I dont see how mana recover skills van already posses would be incompatible with this mp regen cheat, unless it somehow works on completly differently principle, like instead of increasing users natural mp regeneration it absorbs mana from somewhere else and passes it to user of skill to replenish his reserves.

16. Szmiiit

Szmiiit Lightweavers' Hemalurgist

Reading List:
    Link
    Just because skills seem more o less compatible with different people on surface level, doesn't mean they are compatible on the deeper level. We know nothing about structure of magic that makes skills possible. There is nothing forbiding Van to happen to be compatible with some skills, and not the others.

Moreover his Death Magic and Golem Creating are more flexible skills for him, since they exist because of him, and he was capable of using both to certain extent on Orgin. Mana Regen is probably way more strict and stiff.

17. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is probably exactly the reason why they are not compatible, the skill he got has as fix amount it regenerates, so it is likely that it gets the mana from an external source that does not grow with you, vans mana reg is percentage based and therefore grows with him and comes most likely from a internal source

18. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    That's exactly what I meant. How is that not a working explanation?

The only thing I can add is that the cheats were changed a bit so they could be integrated into Van's existing skills. So none of them were perfectly compatible from the start.

Culaio, Bla8bla, jubjub3000 and 2 others like this.
  19. Culaio

Culaio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it doesnt work because if cheats were designed to be used by their intended users as you said then not a single cheat skill should be compatible with van or anyone else for that matter, since the key wouldnt fit any other lock at all since they arent intended users. also I want to mention that most likely other "Amemiya Hiroto" should suffer from this problem since he got skills intended for him and skills intended for Amamiya Hiroto(Van)

Arbelbyss and hillo315 like this.
  20. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a question. We know that Asagi is kinda like into all this shit for personal reasons, all about his justice and shit. But what about Ifrit and Clairvoyance?

I mean, Misa and Odin shared the same idea of being able to kill Van, then Misa tried to kill herself but couldn't, and Odin got controlled by Hajime/Fitun, and also died soon after pretty much regretting and saying that they were in shit.

Meanwhile, the other 2 felt like going with Asagi more as friends trying to prevent him from killing himself rather than "We will stop you Vandalieu", in fact, not only they knew they were being tagged for a long time and didn't dare look for it cause they knew they would die, but also Tendou was used by Rod and Death Scythe to directly kill Van, which also almost got his friends killed in the same manner.

Yet, for some reason, the angels knowing that Heinz and Van are going towards each other (Although they may not know the revenge aspect of the story), they should know that siding with Alda would be declaring Van as an enemy, that is, if they decide to act together.

I still think Asagi may be going there just to tell Heinz not to kill Van, or to explain their stories, but anything more would be suicide, and the Angels know it... Unless he thinks he is secure as long as he doesn't show he is talking with Alda's side.