Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    So, reading the new comments, got 2 interesting ones:
    Seems like there was a correction towards Duke Hartner's new elite forces, rather than six it's nine now, and it seems to be to prepare in case Van even returns? I didn't go to deep into it cause it sounded too dumb and funny, of course, he himself doesn't know how dumb his decision is.

Then remember how Selen was a Dhampir that met Van and all and it seemed a flag triggered (I don't know how) which was enough for some people to ship them? Seems like that was never the intention of Densuke, and things just ended up sounding like that. So the few remaining Van x Selen shippers, stop.

Bla8bla, hillo315, jubjub3000 and 2 others like this.
  2. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    So, wanna bet how soon he'll get his soul crushed? (btw can take the daughter's consideration into effect, but will only lengthen the lifespan by short bit) :blobowoevil_horns:

Bla8bla and jubjub3000 like this.
  3. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Well that more Half-Sunken Ship but maybe we will get supprise like Kanako. Isn't she actually didn't planed to become Van harem member?

Bla8bla, hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  4. leoleodragon

leoleodragon Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any one know what is the highest rank Monster ever and who is the highest rank in Van's Faction?

5. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's knochen along with someone else at rank 15, but there could be a rank 16 I don't remember

hillo315 and Nakakure like this.
  6. ImanotherGuyFroyou

ImanotherGuyFroyou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Burkus and Knochen is rank 15 and Gafa is 16 if she go serious

7. leoleodragon

leoleodragon Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did Heinz kill Vida? i see a spoiler about his titles and one of them is Holy mother killer.

hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  8. leoleodragon

leoleodragon Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And Darcia Have a title of Vida's Incarnation did Vida die?

9. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, the title is for killing Darcia.

10. leoleodragon

leoleodragon Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh i see. thanks

11. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    Darcia was revived with Vida's Blood, and through her training Darcia can noow use Goddess Descent, which is pretty much the Ultimate form of the Familiar Spirit Descent series, like what we see when Heinz uses Heroic God Descent with Bellwood, but unlike Darcia, Heinz get busted as his body is incapable of supporting that strength. As such, Darcia is Vida's representative in Lambda.

Soon after being revived, she starts working as an idol with Kanako doing shows and tellling her and Van's story to everyone in the shows, soon the public understands that the Five Colored Blades were the one the killed Darcia, the current Holy Mother, and as such, thanks to the high number of people accepting that truth, the surviving trio got the Holy Mother Killer title. They have no idea who is the Holy Mother, and even try some guesses like Doraneza, the Mermaid Dark Saint they banished from Farzon, but because only the trio got, Heinz guesses it could be the Dark Elf called Witch, they still have no idea though, but they find out later once they get trashed by her.

Bla8bla, Claus, hillo315 and 2 others like this.
  12. leoleodragon

leoleodragon Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean trashed by her? did the fight? and she win? against a class S?

13. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the end of the Van vs Heinz fight. Darcia "vents a little anger" by beating Heinz's soul "to death" with her transformation stick in Curatos's dungeon.

As to the question of "can Darcia win against an S Class?" Darcia spent her resurrection training going against S+ class mythic heroic spirits, so she's easily in the S class tier. Honestly, she might the most powerful mortal member of Vidal after Van and as an avatar of Vida she's basically a demi-god herself. :blobhero:

Bla8bla, hillo315, Nakakure and 2 others like this.
  14. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    She ended the fight, the one who fought first was Van, but the fight ended up in a "Draw" thanks to the now deceased Curatos. Because they are in the dungeon, killing them will only return them too the city. If you go to the #spoilers channel on LNB's discord there is a summary of the first part of the fight between Van and Heinz in the pinned posts.

The second part is when Curatos arrives and uses a copy of Darcia at the end of Van's attack, which forces him to redirect his attack to himself, receiveng his own and Heinz attack (Heinz noted what Curatos did and did not had a good impression, but it was that or his own death).

Gufa arrives and helps Van to destroy the dungeon, eating Curatos and Joshua in the process, Van's copy/fake body dies leaving only his soul around, Gufa opens a portal where Darcia arrives, Heinz doesn't understand what is happening, but recognizes her, but he knows she is not an undead, not only that, she is completely different from the first time, she gives him a message and "kills him", thus returning him to "town", then takes Van's soul back to the original to recover himself.

About Heinz being an S class, does he really qualifies? Compared to Schneider, his values are shit, but it's ok, we don't need to compare Heinz with a powerhouse veteran like Schneider.

What we know Heinz has done until now?
    • He captured the D-Rank adventurer Darcia with his 5 people party.
    • He lost at the Trial of Zakkart with one dead member
    • He helped defend a town against low-level enemies that were only attacking him straight away.
    • He fought and killed 3 Noble Vampires one each with his 5 party members by using Light element (I think its one of their slight weaknesses?) (Seemingly his strongest enemies until now)
    • He lost against Ternecia
    • He attacked a community of Mermaids and Majins in Farzon who were fortunately able to escape thanks to Evil God Marisjaffer who informed Doraneza of Gartland.
    • He murdered Ghouls, including pregnant and child ghouls.
    Why is he an S Rank Adventurer in the first place? Or is it so easy to be an S Rank adventurer?
    Now, his lack of strength aside, let's compare Darcia:
    • As a spirit, she was showered with Van's mana, and after so long she is able to look at pillar gods like Vida herself. This is not a simple feat.
    • She trained with Veld as a spirit, an Heroic Spirit of Vida very strong at his time.
    • She also trained with multiple Rank 13 Vampires , Majins and so on.
    • She then received the ultimate body by her son.
    • She also gets boost from Van's guidance and everything else.
    • She is the incarnation of a goddess.
    • She is a Magical Girl.
    • She has multiple awakened and high level skills, including awakened techniques for Unarmed, Bow and Dagger/Knife.
    • She is a mother.
    We have no info trying to compare Van and Darcia, cause that would be useless, but it's quite possible that Darcia specs may surpass Van in some fields, at that time. (Today's Van should be significantly stronger, although she still can hold her own when having to pin him down to stop Van from attacking people that will test Eisen)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    Bla8bla, hillo315, Nakakure and 3 others like this.
  15. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he did manage to corner her to the point that she run away, but yes he was the only one left standing at that time

16. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    Ternecia played around too much, and was unused to fighting after so long, not only that but she used her "Trump Card" that noy only had limited use because of the Encroachment, it blocked herself of all her usual skills and magic. She had more than enough specs to destroy them, but she let them do too much against her, and lost because of that.

If she went full spec, like she intended by drying Bellmond of her blood and returning, she would most likely have completely own the fight, but then she met Van, and we know the rest. Now she is just an empty life-dead used to heal mistreated vampires and so on.

Bla8bla, Claus, hillo315 and 4 others like this.
  17. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    not sure about the first part, agree with the second
    from what i remember, it felt more like Heinz and his group together were about equal to here or a bit weaker.

hillo315, Nakakure and jubjub3000 like this.
  18. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't read it as being specifically about Van... though Van's previous actions were a factor.

There's also minor problem that Selen is 4 years younger than Van (she's 8 to Van's 12 at the end of the previous arc). Of course, the author could change his mind... but considering that Selen causes Van a lot of mental stress it's rather unlikely.

PS I thought the more interesting author's comment was that Van getting a haunted mansion was completed unplanned by Van. They would have been entirely happy with a normal mansion, basically.

Bla8bla, Claus, hillo315 and 3 others like this.
  19. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't that the expected? It was recommended, if it wasn't for having the requirements they would have bought another one, although a haunted house should have the ability to remodel itself and become stronger.

Densukejust added some new info about Inner World: the only 3 ways to get inside is through his shadow, or to teleport with Gufa or Legion.

Also, if something like a Hollow Cannon is to be used inside of inner world, it can damage his exterior.

-

What I meant in saying I didn't went too deep into that is that I didn't went through corrections on the Kanji and just adopted the MTL, mostly because I was reading from my phone, so thank you for any corrections. :)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    Bla8bla, Claus, hillo315 and 4 others like this.
  20. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now I need a Darcia VS Raikou Mom Death Battle....

If I had to separate S class adventurer into classes of G-S, the Schneider would be S class ('cause he is a monster in "human" form), Darcia a B-A (technique/skill wise I mean), Randolf would be A-S (it is implied that he and Schneider are more or less equal skill wise) and Heinz would be D-C (have great skills, but nothing impresive and neither are his stats inside the S class). Van is Van class, so he does not count.

what

So she was like, 4? the first time she appeared? The hell. I alway assumed she was 1 or 2 years younger/older than Van!

Bla8bla, hillo315, Nakakure and 2 others like this.