Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    I think, for the sake of pace, next we will get Druid's side, so basically, it should end with Mari explaining Amemiya's group what is happening, while they go to "South America" as she was mentioning before she was interrupted.

I agree that they should be able to see information about the attack on his house, and if they see the video, Mari should add that Banda is there, so nothing bad will happen to either Mei or Hiroshi. If they look at the video, they may notice Banda reflecting shots, which would imply Echo is allied with him. Depending on how many videos there are, they may even see the flying car, and Mari would just say not to worry.

If Mari has some form of contact with Banda, she would also know where he is going, and tell Amemiya not to worry, and go after Avalon, cause Banda will catch up with them later on.

And then we get the one nearest to Avalon, Druid, who is going at South America by another reason, but should survive nonetheless.

I don't think Van will go to Origin, first, it's unnecessary, second, he would die by the same rules he can't take people from there automatically to Lambda. All he needs is to prepare a place for the people who will be coming.

In regards to what remains, while taking down Avalon is certainly one thing (But I'm not sure if he will break the man, and I honestly expect him to not do it), his main task is deal with the favor asked by Gods of Origin:

- Take all Limited Death Users with him, no exceptions, and getting Avalon is a way to get all the needed info for that.
    - The problem is Mei and Mari. Mari should have no attachment besides Banda himself and Mei, but Mei is not the same case, and if she remains alone, it's possible more chaos will start over her DA. This should ruin her life in Origin, but at the same time, her parents are there. While they can protect her, and Banda would remain anyway, is that a life where she can be happy?
    - Reincarnators in Origin may be requested to leave. This would also fix the problem above, as Mari, Mei and Hiroshi would just go with Banda, and the others, well, maybe Banda would inform them of what would happen next. They could go with him, which I believe some would do, or they could just die/kill themselves and go to Rod.

This could also be the start of the preparations for a final arc later on, as Alda would get many brainwashed soldiers, Heinz would eventually be finished with his training, Edgudu would be thinking how everyone are fools, and all that will clash in one go, with the reincarnators on Van's side understanding they just escaped Brainwashing seeing their former colleagues in the enemy side. But this is going too far, so just ignore everything here.

What I'm really curious is Amemiya and Banda. We know Banda tries to appease Mei, and Mei likes her own family, but Banda should actually prefer to stay unrelated to the parents, as he still seems to have some sort of deal with them, since they killed him and all. If Amemiya learns he was Amamiya, he could even try to apologize with some Main Character reason like "I wasn't able to help you", which Van could easily retort as how he screwed up things for many more people besides him.

Bla8bla, jemini and hillo315 like this.
  2. S.a.w..

S.a.w.. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where do you get the soul simply vanishing from? The three combat oriented gods had their souls extinguished by Gudiranis. But I haven’t heard anything about their souls vanishing, this would go against the concept of reincarnation in Death mage.

Claus, Nakakure and hillo315 like this.
  3. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    HERESY! :blob_catflip:

You mean Zod and Godwin aren't demigods?

4. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We already know that only complete souls can go through the process of reincarnation. The whole point of breaking a soul is to make it where they can't come back in any shape or form. The pieces normally just fade away into the background mana radiation as they continue to break apart. If Roddy had been a more active part of the war they probably could have saved a number of souls to some extent, but that would also require putting himself in danger and we all know he would never stick his neck out if he doesn't have to. When souls get broken there is going to be parts that can never be recovered, but for gods so long as they get immediate attention and help they would really just be in a weakened state or be in a state that requires what Zantark did to stop the damage from spreading. Roddy wasn't even sure he could put soul fragments from multiple broken souls together so the creation champions duct taped soul lump was more a test to see if it could be done for Roddy, he never actually did it since then.

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  5. S.a.w..

S.a.w.. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ??? How is that related to demigods not reincarnating? The soul is covered by the spirit body(spiritual energy or whatever). When Van soul breaks or devours it first damages the protective spirit body harming the mana(as I understand it), this isn’t fatal. However when he first soul broke someone(pursuing vampire who killed the father) he dug around the spirit body before pulling out the soul, the core of a being, and destroyed it. The destruction of the soul prevents reincarnation, breaking souls into fragments leads to deterioration preventing reincarnation. However only Gudiranis and Van can do these things. Normally all beings eventually reincarnate with gods being an exception because of their nature.

hillo315 likes this.
  6. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think what Kari was saying is that from what we've seen so far, it appears those who have spent their entire life as demi-gods usually don't have the same kind of control over their soul full gods tend to, and either go straight into reincarnation or potentially permanent slumber, and don't return to a divine realm or something similar like full gods who become demi-gods or descend into a mortal or similar types of things do. :cookie:

Nakakure, hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  7. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wasn't the bird-god from Botinas defence force a demigod? what happend to him after van killed him?

8. ImanotherGuyFroyou

ImanotherGuyFroyou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure all of those guys got their soul destroyed. Gone,Siruis ECE.

hillo315 likes this.
  9. anteopta

Reading List:
    Link
    No that one didn't get destroyed, he begged and was only killed not destroyed. Because van ceapt his promise to not destroy the gods that give up

10. ImanotherGuyFroyou

ImanotherGuyFroyou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But those doesn't give up

hillo315 likes this.
  11. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was hoping the chapter would have been out already

Nakakure and hillo315 like this.
  12. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    New Chapter is up now.

13. anteopta

Reading List:
    Link
    That was in the end, at the last attack. The bird god got killed earlier.

hillo315 likes this.
  14. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter only detailed 2 out of the 3 ongoing events. The first was Druid's situation which introduced another few bravers who have been guided by Van. The second was picking up Narumi?

15. Caoslegion

Caoslegion Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Four New bravers introduced:

Derrick Thunder [Chiron], cheat: super sensei
    Misato Nanamori [Asclepius], cheat: double all healing
    Masateru Yodo [SandMan], cheat: put to sleep/disable all organic beings in a 100 meters radius
    Yoshihiko Nishikage [Sleipnir], cheat: control all vehicles either animal or mechanical to their maximum potencial.

Korleone, jubjub3000, Bla8bla and 2 others like this.
  16. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn The posibility Narumi become heroine is become lower.

jubjub3000 and hillo315 like this.
  17. LokiTheAccursed

LokiTheAccursed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good

NekoMK2, jubjub3000, hillo315 and 3 others like this.
  18. Chuuni001

Chuuni001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Music to my ears

NekoMK2, jubjub3000, hillo315 and 2 others like this.
  19. imaginator

imaginator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno why people are insisting for netori.

Szmiiit and hillo315 like this.
  20. LokiTheAccursed

LokiTheAccursed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cause the world has some sick people in it.

Szmiiit, hillo315 and jemini like this.