Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading the theories here about Origin and the work that Avalon put it in really hits home that the author neglected Origin. I wish he'd occasionally put side stories from Origin at times just to show how the characters there changed between arcs. I thought Druid was the only person Van had guided there (Probably due to MTL or forgetting about somethings). Avalon has a solid plan and I wish they had shown how he had achieved some of it instead of telling us he's the bad guy there.

I would have like to see how he got as arrogant as his planning has made him out to be. How he wrote off there still being 8th guidance members and how he recruited those around him.

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  2. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it would had been nice to have one or two chapter about what happened during the timeskip instead of, you know, the timeskip. And don't worry, last time I checked only Druid was mentioned to be part of Camp Mei/Banda, the others were mentioned on passing as "some Bravers that Van helped/Guided" with no name given.

3. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Makes me feel a little better. I hope that maybe this would be fixed in the LN version. I know some of them turn out a lot different from the WNs. To be honest I'd like it a lot if events were spaced out a lot better in both worlds or at least make it a 2 to 1 time ratio between them. I mean time doesn't mean much in Lambda compared to Origin.

4. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Though if you think about things, Avalon should be able to figure out that there is another reincarnation. Amusing Rodiot is not doing this randomly to mess with a world, there must be a reason and goal. But there is nothing wrong with Origin that justifies the Bravers presence. There is death magic but he knows that that is from the reincarntor they missed. So if there is a purpose but not on this world then it just be another world in another life.

Of course the situation with The Undead being their missing member, and one member being so unbalanced against the rest should tell him that Rodiot can and does screw up.

hillo315, Bla8bla and Reman Scimitar like this.
  5. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Van will make numerous eventually, probably specialized dungeons

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  6. Agero

Agero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to super sense kaoru after running from murakami? I can't remember if author talk about her after.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  7. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    there still no information about her

8. toxinpsd

toxinpsd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi guys I'm new here and wanted to ask if you guys think van change clothe in the latest raw chapter?

Nakakure, hillo315, ssj4maiko and 2 others like this.
  9. LokiTheAccursed

LokiTheAccursed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hillo315 and toxinpsd like this.
  10. Szmiiit

Szmiiit Lightweavers' Hemalurgist

Reading List:
    Link
    Could you rephrase that? I don't get what you mentioned to say.

11. toxinpsd

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean did he wear more like commoner/noble?

hillo315 likes this.
  12. toxinpsd

Reading List:
    Link
    Tnx and yeah finally got in!

Nakakure, hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  13. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Things like how Avalon got arrogant did happen off-page but I don't think we need to see it that much - it's something that would have happened slowly over time and minor villains don't need that kind of in-depth focus. I did think the formation of the Bravers was missing though - seeing how various members thought of it and what it meant for them. We do get a bit of that in retrospective but not enough.

Until now we've been getting about 2 chapter per arc set in Origin, which I think was enough. The reasons why Avalon and co wrote off the strange something around Mei (Bander) was briefly explained in the scene when Avalon reacts to Bander (previous chapter). Their conclusion was that it was weaker than Balor based on the actions taken on the kidnappers (from an earlier arc) since those kidnappers only suffered physical injuries. So they wrote it off as some strange like Ghost from 8th Guidance with some kind of strength enhancement. ie they applied their common-sense knowledge to it and got completely the wrong conclusion. Sure, there was warning signs like Shaman saying that he thought the thing had more mana than Undead but this was ignored as well.

Note that the angels say that they had originally thought that Avalon was calm, smart etc but that really smart guys wouldn't do things like try to take over the world. This is very true - despite how they're portrayed in cinema etc scientists are the group least likely to commit crimes since they're smart enough to realise the potential downsides and risks. It was pointed out long ago that the Bravers in general had gotten used to things going their way, due to Rodcorte's blessing. This would likely apply to Avalon too. While he's more aware of the limits of that blessing, his mentality has still been warped by it and his desire for power. Even if we put aside his failure to assess Bander correctly, his attitude towards risk is very unhealthy - he's aware that he's committing treason on a large scale but figures he can simply sweep it under the carpet later. In short, he's winging it to a large degree, even without Bander.

Claus, Nakakure, hillo315 and 3 others like this.
  14. toxinpsd

Reading List:
    Link
    Which is stronger van or ainz? (Also is ainz true death spell only give damage or does it insta kill a level 100 player?)

15. ImanotherGuyFroyou

ImanotherGuyFroyou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Van if frontal battle with no preparation Ainz if with prep. Ainz isn't even that strong a decent 100lv player will fuck him over not to mention high tier PvP player. Also welcome brother

Nakakure, hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  16. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Prep in the sence that he has info on his Opponent. ainz is a necromancer and his biggest adventage is in number, too bad his undead would turn on him the moment they see van, so he would have to use a strategie similar to when he fought shalltear

17. toxinpsd

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok but is ainz true death spell only deal damage to lvl 100 players or just caue instant death?

18. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    So got to thinking of when Van does a touchdown on Origin, meets with Amemiya and Narumi and the DA reincarnators/bravers (with Mei, Hiroshi, and Bander) and meet face to face with Avalon and co:

1. Amemiya demands answers from Avalon (prob be laughed at by Avalon no less) and a cautious glare at Van and demands to know who he is (even after Metamorph explained to him a bit):
    -A. Van tells him some of the truth: he is the 'Undead', he is also a reincarnator and also has a part of his soul protecting Mei and Hiroshi and ends up exposing Mei being a DA user (will piss off Narumi and Hiroto Amemiya off, but they need a slap to the face imho).
    -B. Van misconstrues the truth quite a bit just to protect everyone from some emotional backlash (shock, backlash, anger, etc) (just my own opinion, others might have a different view of this).

2. Amemiya knows who Van is, tries to apologize but gets ignored (would throw Narumi off also and will question Hiroto later on) and a bit of a tongue lashing about his actions being a bit reckless and warns him of what's to come in Lambda after he tells them of their next lives and warns them about Puny God's ideas/actions a bit (doubtful but still tossing this out there). Also said he's 'forgiven' them but never forgot what they done to him.

Post Origin (after Avalon's death or soul crush):

1. Asagi hears Narumi or Hiroto Amemiya is in Lambda (if either are killed off and not soul crushed), tries to link up with them to continue their 'righteous' acts, gets told to stop by one of the two and looks at them like deer looking at headlights and after being told, and isn't none too happy about it esp if told that their actions caused more problems than relieved them (will let the rest go with however one wants it to go, already betting he'll still walk the DA blocking route since he'll start a war due to his objective, hopefully he regrets it later).

2. Similar to the first but instead of free will, they'll end up as Brainless' brainwashed 'soldiers' thanks to Puny God's 'help' since we all know Van is a threat to the two, and makes it difficult for Asagi to see them or does get linked up but doesn't know they're controlled and unknowingly helps Brainless try and kill Van (saying stop is kinda lightweight also).

Fairly certain @jemini or @kari-no-sugata can give better conjectures than I, but this is just me tossing my two cents out there at this point.

jubjub3000 and mai.rain like this.
  19. toxinpsd

Reading List:
    Link
    Claus, Nakakure, hillo315 and 6 others like this.
  20. ImanotherGuyFroyou

ImanotherGuyFroyou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably? But Van has to much mana for that to work.