Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    • Sugira Shichiya - Ares - Can [double the attack power] of any weapon or magic in direct control of his. Immobilized by Yukijoro, Bokor and Gabriel. NOT DEAD. [Arc 13 SS 50]
    • Da Long - Sahadeva - Can [Monitor] everything about a target, like what he sees or hears, conditions of mind and body. And unknown to Bravers, as long as he is nearby, he can control the body of the subject (Like, but inferior to Marionette). Killed by Mari. [Arc 13 SS 50]
    • Catherine Müller - Artemis - Has the [Snipe] Skill, as long as she can visually see her target, anything thrown by her will reach it, while remaining the same speed, weight and so on. With a Sniper Rifle, she is invincible. Killed by Mari after inflicting 13 headshots on her. [Arc 13 SS 50]

Bla8bla, hillo315, jubjub3000 and 3 others like this.
  2. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the quick reply.

Nakakure and hillo315 like this.
  3. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure he was made into slime buffet though...

Nakakure, hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  4. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I just updated the Reference Guide, he dead now. 5 people to join Asagi? HAHAHAHA. I like Bokor! HAHAHAHAHA

hillo315 and Mesaphrom like this.
  5. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, Balor's probably going to join Noa on "I'm a reincarnator... get me out of here!"

Or perhaps they'll be all going to Rodcorte and Alda's happy brainwashing farm! Hah. We've not seen any good Bravers die yet (surprisingly) so perhaps we're going to see all the evil ones die and go to hell, figuratively speaking (Hell = being on Van's bad books in Lambda).

6. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    We have not seen any brainwashed Bravers yet either! Maybe that is what this arc is going to be about? [Van defending the capital from "Alda Extremists" send by the pope as to "destroy evil"] or some such. It would be a way to sell the "Legend of Vida's Saint" to the public and unite them against the "god who went crazy with power" giving reason to why the other gods didn't "bless the light".

7. Szmiiit

Szmiiit Lightweavers' Hemalurgist

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Balor gets brainwashed
    2. Attacks Van
    3. Subconcious strikes, he freezes, not knowing why, and feels echoes of absolute terror
    4. Guidance strikes and breaks brainwashing
    5. He begs Van for mercy
    6. Van learns about brainwashing and pities him
    7. Van does his thing, and gets a new set of pawns

8. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    *see brainwashed Brave*
    Van: "Hey, that's my thing!"

9. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually expect something else, there is a small chance of that happening, but it's not impossible, and it would be an interesting twist. After eating Avalon, he gets his cheat, but similar to Murakami's, it won't blend well with him, so he will offer his cheat to someone, and if I'm to guess who, it will be Mei.

If he does everything at almost the same time, Rod would find out that Van is not breaking souls anymore, rather, he is eating them, and absorbing the cheats. He will looks at the useless people around him, if they die, Van gets stronger.

I guess he could enter a deadlock, but I do think Van has this ability for so long, yet his enemies still don't know about it, and I kinda think it would be nice for Rod to find out about it, and what's more? He wouldn't tell Alda of course.

Although I don't expect anything like this to happen, maybe Amemiya could end up asking Banda if he can remove some of his own cheats, specially Ignore Defense, but I would expect him to refuse, or to say he would have to die first or something.

In regards to brainwashing, I don't expect any brainwashing from Alda's faction to be able to fix the damage done in Balor, the others may turn into brainwashed soldiers, but Balor should be considered useless, since if he is turned into a complete blank state, he would be useless, the whole point of the brainwashing is just to turn them against Van while keeping all their experiences, creativity and combat experiences intact.

10. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that you mention it, neither Roddy nor Alda should know he is eaten them. Ha, can't wait for that freak out.

11. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And who's the one who called that one and argued the point against people thinking Narumi would turn on her children till they were blue in the face sometimes? Man it really feels good to be vindicated here, and I ESPECIALLY like what Denske wrote as Amemiya's response to Metamorph and the limited DA users with her in regards to his thinking on the subject. I get the impression Denske was also dealing with a lot of people who were attributing way too much in the wrong direction to the couple's comments about how the DA shouldn't exist in the world.

(People who are blood thirsty wanting to see the couple's souls broken or something I suspect, thus why they insist on attributing the worst possible motives to them.)

I've actually developed a pretty wild theory here to fit his "trump card" in with the comment about how if he succeeds he could destroy a continent in with the other theory about the body in the incubation tube being a D-01 clone.

So, you recall what was happening with Alda's dungeon when the perfect reccording clone of Van was being used? Every time the clone became active in order to fight Heinz, Van's soul forcibly occupied the clone. This was due to his abyss skill that hadn't quite awoken into "Root" yet. However, we have seen several times that Van uses skills outside the assistance of the system before awakening them within the system.

So, Van's "Root" skill seems to have the effect of causing him to forcibly occupy anything that represents him in any way. This actually sounds like a very god-like skill to have, considering how a god's power is supposed to occupy their holy symbols that represent them. So, if Avalon makes a clone of D-01, we can presume that Van's soul would simply occupy it automatically whether he liked it or not.

Now, here's a few of the reasons why this would be a very very bad thing without Van even needing to have a single malicious intent, and in fact wanting to avoid undue harm to Origin. So, recall how Zuluwarn warned Van against descending to Earth in his true soul form? He seemed to be of the opinion it would cause a lot of damage. The same should be true for Origin. Also, Van's mana is 200 times (or was it 300 times?) what it was when he was D-01 the first time around, and it seems to be the case that mana capacity is connected to the soul. This means that the D-01 clone would have Van's 20 Billion mana.

Now, Van's body in Lamba is enhanced by the system, and it also grew and developed along with Van as his mana capacity was growing. A clone of his D-01 body though would have nowhere near the durability that his Lamba body has. So, it's quite likely if Van's soul occupies his clone in Origin, this clone body would immediately die. The result of his clone body dying would be that Rokudo had essentially force summoned Van's true soul down to Origin, and the kinds of damage Zuluwarn was warning about would happen. It would be Van's presence that caused the damage, but it would not have been Van's choice in the matter at all. It would be 100% Rokudo that had the actual liability in terms of who caused this horrific damage.

Actually, it's said several times that the Amemiya home is in the United States. It seems the reason for this is that Bravers headquarters is also in the United States. This makes sense since the United Nations is based in the US, and the Bravers is presumably an organization that has placed itself under the UN.

All that said, it doesn't make much difference. The US and Japan are around the same distance from Africa, so it wouldn't matter where their starting point was.

12. Szmiiit

Szmiiit Lightweavers' Hemalurgist

Reading List:
    Link
    You phrased it as if you came up with the root idea :D
    On a serious note that would upscale Vsn to continental on vsbattles...

hillo315 likes this.
  13. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Gee, it's as if Van gets all his best invention ideas from anime...

It has begun. A religion has already formed around Banda and Mei.

Maintaining conservation of mass/energy in a non-fantasy setting is very good for suspension of disbelief.

There is a lot of hammerspace, in case the van isn't roomy enough.

Soon enough, the Van-van will be subsumed and expanded into hammerspace #11. :blobamused:

Oh my gods, it's the Magic School Bus! :blobcat_hyper:

He essentially looks alien but humanoid.

Yet another sig for my collection!

You're joking, but it actually makes some sense. The only difference is that Van is a bona fide demon instead of an alien parasite.

Sounds closer to Earth Aleph, actually.

The anti-tracking feature could be an application of death attribute perception filters.

I'm sigging this glorious Rodcorte facepalm.

This is hilariously wrong. How did the media start these rumors?

*cough*Van-van*cough*

Interesting parallel is interesting.

Beep beep, mothertruckers. :blob_sunglasses:

Van: "Hey, I can do it better!"

IIRC, Rodcorte already knows, or at least suspects, that Van can eat souls. When repairing Edgar, he noticed that a lot of parts were missing, not just damaged.

Rodcorte would and did tell Alda that Van can eat souls.

Seconded.

In Van's case, it's more of a "speak of the Devil"/Weeping Angel sort of skill.

jubjub3000 likes this.
  14. toxinpsd

toxinpsd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not only will i draw banda, I'll also try to draw mei!

hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  15. toxinpsd

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright tnx!

hillo315, Nakakure and Szmiiit like this.
  16. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait a guncocking second! Banda is a Ban, a Ban that could transport one person to another world... Does this make BanBanda into the Holy Avatar of Truck-Kun-Sama!?:blobwoah::aww:

Banda holding into a Ban with Mei in the driver seat making standard rollescoaster pose #1:aww:

Edit: and Hiroshi in the passenger seat playing on his phone making exasperated-bored-teenager faces.

jemini, toxinpsd, hillo315 and 4 others like this.
  17. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    *inhales* *exhales*

ALL HAIL BAN!!! THE HOLY DARK AVATAR OF TRUCK-SAMA!!!!

jubjub3000 and Mesaphrom like this.
  18. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    although not related, it seems that previous his home was in Japan, he moved to the US, maybe because of the kidnapping or something?
    Or how it would be expressed in japanese: "Banda janai, BAN DA!"

This is no Van boy, no Van!

jubjub3000, jemini and hillo315 like this.
  19. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What are you talking about? He can transport as many people to another world as he wants. The only issue is exactly that, whether he wants to or not.

20. toxinpsd

Reading List:
    Link
    Im curious does anyone who any major difference of the Webnovel and the light novel that densuke added and change?

hillo315 likes this.