Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Claus

Claus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally Vandalieu has switched to battle-focused work, this is the first since he fought with Heinz. If I am not mistaken among the works there is, one that has to do with the four horsemen of the apocalypse.
    I was reviewing the jobs that Vandalieu can choose because the [God of Records] job was not presented in Chapter 224 and I just realized that the [Mind Healer] job is actually [Spirit Healer]. So sorry.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

2. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

No worries it'll probably still be the same thing if I'm reading what the last chapter was talking about. Don't know if he's overwriting the brain or soul so it might still serve the same purpose

I Ship anything cute likes this.
  3. Claus

Claus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There probably is not much difference between the two but I think [Spirit Healer] covers the area of souls.
    I do not know if Qliphoth would give him a version of a divine area after all Qliphoth is the tree of death representing the dark side and also the demons.
    [​IMG]
    But I wanted him to choose a job that would increase his agility value as [Soul Fighter], after all it's a job that was born of his ability to fight unarmed, awakening to a superior ability, but we know he would not choose that one after all, it must be difficult to increase of level. So I guess I pick something like [Fallen Warrior], [String Artist] and maybe [Pail Rider] or even [God Perpetrator].
    One job I hope appears to Vandalieu is Azathoth who is a god of Lovecraftian mythology. Of course I hope that other works that have to do with these god appear, they are grotesque gods full of tentacles, eyes and mouths scattered throughout the body, are perfect for the Vandalieu.:blobwink::aww::aww:

4. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess the biggest reason I said Qliphoth will probably be the quasi divine realm is because of other manga/stories I read that used it as a place. The one that comes to mind first is Berserk where its used as a place between life and death where spirits can manifest in the physical world. In that story one of the God hand used it to get a physical body but on the flip side trolls brought human girls into the spirit world. I don't know much about lovecraftian mythology so I can't speculate too much

5. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    New Chapter posted.

Seems like Van's disciples faced their graduation exam

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  6. Claus

Claus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The most known god of Lovecraftian mythology is Cthulhu so he already has an idea of what kind of beings these gods are. About Berserk I have not read the manga so I do not know about the details.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah the pictures seem to fit how Van decided to remodel himself. If you watched berserk 2016/17 then it was in there but those series are not very good. Have you read the new chapter? if so do you
    think that the end is Van using his new demon's shadow to teleport his followers?

8. Claus

Claus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I have read the last chapter, but I think that the shadow of the demon king has no ability to teleport, probably the Vandalieu created something like a sub-space inside the shadow and placed undead inside or since the shadow of the demon king is part of the body of the demon king may also be used with the equipment technique of plants, insects and undead.
    Well after much fanfare, finally Vandalieu will fight with Fitun, already was expecting about 2-3 volumes for this fight.
    Not even the monsters escaped. When I saw singing and dancing in the column of abilities my thinking was this:
    "Is not it Kanako that has a mental invasion?
    Why did they learn these kinds of abilities?
    Were they also infected with the idea of idols? "

9. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    I told you she's more of a monster than Van is. I thought we'd have to wait a while after the chapter the other day but nope we got a time skip straight to this fight. Are both sides expecting Murakami to show up? I think its more and more likely Van will take the spiritual healing as his next job if this fight is happening. I'm sure killing a few gods will let him finish off the whip tongue job pretty quick.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I think you're right about the shadow. I mean he has already shown he can use any part of his body to let insects and plants in/out. Now that he has the demon king's shadow its just another weird extension of himself

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  10. Claus

Claus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Vandalieu has the unique ability, body of the demon king that make all parts of the demon king his body (body of the demon king), probably so it is not strange that he uses the equipment technique with the shadow of the demon king (Vandalieu ).
    It's obvious that Whip tongue Calamity will reach level 100, but the work that Vandalieu chooses later is almost impossible to predict, well we already know that advanced work is out of the question. Maybe he chooses [Dead Spirit Mage] or [Vengeful Berserker] he can still choose another job that may appear after his fight with the fitun after all, he chooses by necessity rather than a linear basis.

11. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason why I think that he'll choose the spirit healer is to heal Hajime and the people Fitun messed with to show Murakami and the other reincarnators that he isn't the mass murdering psychopath that Alda and Rodcorte make him out to be. I mean worst case scenario he brainwashes them to follow him after he heals them. Once this fight is taken care I think he'll take more of a support job instead of a combat oriented one as I don't think he has any looming fights after this. I think Dead Spirit Mage will be one of the next three jobs he'll take though

12. Claus

Claus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Vandalieu actually used his shadow as a space gate to call the other three reincarnated to fight the Hajime-Fitun. It seems more like the elf-loli god who "granted" this ability to the shadow of the demon king.
    I was expecting more of Vandalieu's fight, well, this chapter of now was only the opening, it seems that next will be serious (at least on the Vandalieu side).

13. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    I had a lot of trouble with this chapter. I got that he was holding back but couldn't make out why? is it because of the god's prying eyes or the citizens eye? I didn't know his abyss skill could be used like a radar either. The shadow being able to do that is pretty awesome though and should be pretty useful in the future. Imagine his zombie vampire knights charging out of his shadow. It seems like the souls of the people being taken over are still intact but weak?

I think this might be a fight with similar length like the Mirg Shield nation or I could be completely wrong and it'll wrap up next chapter.

14. Claus

Claus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At least we have three certainties, 1st Vandalieu will eat the soul of Fitun, 2nd he will change jobs after the fight and 3rd he will obviously win.

15. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    I can only agree to all 3. I wonder what new allies Van will get out of this battle

16. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    New chapter posted today.

Darcia seems to have similar social problems as Van does

17. DragonkingKyo

DragonkingKyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    details please

18. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems like she can't lie to people. She was having trouble for why Van was creating undead dragons outside of town

19. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    Today's new chapter gave us the wonderful gift of Borkus. Its been a long time since I've last seen his name show up

20. Claus

Claus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally a chapter worthy of some comment appeared. First about the last chapter, the appearance of the half-minotaur I'm curious was very welcome but it was a shame they did not show their status, it was also nice to know that the whole group was fanatic and not only the Julliana but for them to have aiming something like "Magical girl knight" was the peak of the teachings of Kanako. Finally on the current chapter of Vandalieu against the Hajime, I really thought that the moment he tried to read Vandalieu's mind he was going crazy, but everything that happened was a surprise about the amount of pendants he used at the same time, at least it was cool as he told how he discovered that Hajime was a god, speaking as one of their souls had a delicious "look".