Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    couldn't van force that, with his super-regeneration skill? he has shown to be able to use it on others by conecting with his spirit form to them more then once.

hillo315 and Culaio like this.
  2. Culaio

Culaio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats a really good point, though I expect that it would inflict quite a bit of mental damage(level ups Mental Corruption) if someone wasnt knocked out before the procedure : )

hillo315 likes this.
  3. anteopta

Reading List:
    Link
    not like van would have any problem doing that to some a**hole that treats there slave badly.

hillo315 and Culaio like this.
  4. Culaio

Culaio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course though it seems author is trying to make the guy with magic eye hero type character, which I hoenstly dont see but maybe I am missing something, of course we know that in this novel that heroes frequently arent good guys but who knows.

if the guy with magic guy isnt actually bad guy and is just arrogant then torturing him could be too far, in that case there may be not so bad bad to get his eyes, if I remember correctly van is able to get biology based skills through drinking blood, he got that way vitality skill from his mom if I am not mistaken. so if he drinked enough blood from that guy he should be able to get his magic eye and after that he could give eyes to others if he wants I mean he has zero problem using stuff coming out of his body to strengthen others...(wait I just realized how wrong that sounds XD)

hillo315 likes this.
  5. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @ssj4maiko , Reading that comments exchange made me think of something. Elizabeth's party is definitely going to receive Van's divine protection. The question is, will they get the complete version of Van's protection before or after they become too high level for Alex to see said protection?

Also, Elizabeth's party is the first party to hang out with Van long term who does not already think of him as a super high power entity to such an extent they could believe him being a god upon receiving said protection. How will they react once they get it?

Ok, quick mini predictive fan-fic time.

Day 1
    Posse 1: I got a divine protection!
    Posse 2: I got it too! It is strange though.
    Posse 1: Yeah! Mine too! It only says "da"
    Posse 2: Mine says "Va"
    Posse 3: I got one as well, it says "ru."
    Posse 2: This is very strange. Who is this mysterious god?
    Elizabeth: Well, this is strange, but with this divine protection we will surely be able to become stronger. Let's just make the best of this and move forward. I don't know who this mysterious god or gods are, but the best we can do is give thanks to them and make ourselves better for this.
    Posse 4: But it seems like everyone in the group is getting these divine protections. Hey Vandaleu, did you get one too?
    Van: Umm... yes. I have a divine protection.

Van goes off to sit in the corner sweating bullets.

Day 10
    Posse 2: I got another letter in my divine protection! It says "n"
    Posse 5: Yeah, I've also got another letter.
    Elizabeth: Ok, how about everyone shares the letters they have in their divine protections so we can figure this out.
    Van: I got a "ga" and a "tsu."
    Everyone else: (also shares letters.)
    Elizabeth: So, now after we throw out all the repeats we have "ga," "tsu," "ru," "va," "da," "n," and a - (long sound) which could be repeated.
    Posse 1: Wait, isn't that 7 characters? All of our divine protections are 6 characters long.
    Elizabeth: Well, I guess we are probably not all getting the protection of the same god then. I guess we can't figure out much by doing this. There might also be multiple - (long sound) in the names.

Van breathes a sigh of relief that he is safe for at least a little while longer.

Day 20 (in secret conversation without Van present.)
    Posse 4: Hey, I've got 4 characters in my divine protection now. I think I'm starting to suspect who it might be, but...
    Posse 1: Yeah, me too, but... that's crazy!

Day 20 (still secret conversation, goes to talk to Elizabeth without Van present.)
    Elizabeth: Yes, I can see why you might think that. I do not think we should say anything for now though. Let's not jump to conclusions and wait until we have all 6 characters.

Day 30 (everyone's present. There is an uneasy tension.)
    Van: I just realized this, but, everyone seems rather tense.
    Posse 3: Umm.. yeah, uhh... (casts a glance toward Elizabeth, quickly replicated by the rest of the posse.)
    Elizabeth: Vandaleu, were you named after a god that we don't know about by any chance?
    Van: No, my name comes from the combination of my mother Darcia, and my father Valdin's names.
    Elizabeth: Ok, then, perhaps by coincidence?
    Van: By coincidence? Yes, I suppose that's possible.

Van feels elated by this suggested possibility and decides to believe whole-heartedly that all these divine protections are actually coming from a mysterious god who is just giving them out to Van's friends because Van happens to share a name with him.

Korleone, Szmiiit, hillo315 and 3 others like this.
  6. Nimitz

Nimitz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does no one else believe the guidance: princess won't be perfect for this party of young girls. I'm i really the only one that can't get sailor moon out of their heads! :blobfearful:

7. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    OK, I'll put my view on a few things.

Alex should notice the garble text and understand that Van and Pauvina are superior to him, but this won't make him decide to want to be their friends, quite the contrary, all he can see from Van is a boy that looks at him without blinking in a creepy way.

One character that Elizabeth & co reminds me is Juliana and her Squad, so I do think they will be quite receptive to Magical Girls once they learn about it, but I don't expect it to be soon, although I wonder how will their visit be to his mansion, they may have heard that it's an undead house after all. i would say that their first contact with Magical Girls would have to be Darcia, but I don't think she will do for no reason, and there is no one to ask it of her (Van will certainly not, and the party most likely don't know about Magical Girls in the first place).

In regards to Divine Protection, the first step for that is a dream, so until they find themselves in a weird dream related to Van, they won't get the protection. Once they do, they should already have some idea in the first place if they take their letters, just like the main party found out soon after they got in the Trial of Zakkart.

Cualio, for your first question the answer is no, it's pretty much defined that Magic Eyes, although born on someone, stays in the that and can be stolen. You may ask "Can it be recovered?" No. Do you remember Ternecia? She got her eye taken, although she didn't had much time, do you think she was going to recover the eye?
    You want to argue that a super regeneration ability can do that? Look no further than Darcia's regeneration eye that can fix even objects, but can't heal her Orichalcum bones to make infinite Orichalcum.

So for your second question? It's invalid, since it bases itself in the first argument being true, which it isn't.

----------

Edit, reading more comments I found out that the reason Zorna was calling Elizabeth at the end after getting Van's name was because Elizabeth fainted.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    Korleone, hillo315, NekoMK2 and 2 others like this.
  8. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh is Elizabeth alda extremist? Why she fainted?

hillo315, Reman Scimitar and Bla8bla like this.
  9. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It wasn't said why she fainted, just that she did. Need to wait till next chapter to find out why, and being an Alda floozy wouldn't cause her to pass out just from hearing Van's name.

hillo315, Reman Scimitar and Bla8bla like this.
  10. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that's interesting information. It might be because she has heard about Van due to the fact that she's related to the Sauron family. As such, she is likely to be aware of what the current duke is maneuvering to do and the fact that he considers getting a good strong relationship with Van to be absolutely essential to himself politically. Maybe Elizabeth absolutely cannot believe the key to herself becoming the duke and replacing the current one just fell right into her lap on accident.

EDIT: She likely had absolutely no designs on the position of duke before this, figuring she had no chance at all and thus sour grapesed it away, but now that she's somehow become friends with Van it's suddenly an option for her that she had previously dismissed entirely. Yeah, that really does sound like something that would make a person faint.

(And yes, I did just adetctiveise sour grapes. And yes, I just made up the word adgetctiveise, but it really sounds like something that ought to be a word.)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    hillo315 and Bla8bla like this.
  11. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, on second thought, Rudel Sauron, the current duke, heard Van was going to go to adventurer's school while he was trying to get Darcia to come to his territory. Since he has heard this, and he would also know his relative is also attending, there's absolutely no way he hasn't sent someone to contact her personally and tell her explicitly she ought to find a way to contact Van and start working on him. Not sure what her response was to that encounter I am 100% certain has happened at this point, but I'm sure we will find out next chapter.

hillo315 and Bla8bla like this.
  12. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't wait for alda reaction when he know that Van can give divine protection:blobowoevil_horns:.

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  13. Culaio

Culaio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats interesting, so does that mean that power of magic eye is unrelated to biology of eye and is instead power residing inside of normal eye or something ?
    We know that high regeneration skill can even regenerate organs so eregenerating eyes should be pretty easy so with what you said in mind would that mean that regenerated eyes would be normal ?

I do understand what you mean about the bones but I think there are some significant differences between Orichalcum bones and magic eyes, like for example the fact that bones are made from inorganic material, they are more of skeleton made of artificial bones so it makes sense they cant regenerate, while magic eyes seem to be organic, since people are born with them if I am not mistaken and since eyes do grow bigger with age it shows that Orichalcum bones cant change naturally while magic eyes can.

hillo315 likes this.
  14. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We know magic eyes can be regenerated if they just get destroyed cause that's what happened with Gubamon's eyes that blew up from the reflected damage, but when Ternecia had her magic eye removed she was no longer in a state where she could really keep regenerating her body. The difference is that Gubamon was still healthy enough to regen his eyes, while Ternecia had taken too much damage cause of Van and then losing her DK fragment.

hillo315, Claus and Reman Scimitar like this.
  15. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait until he finds out Van is a God in another World.

hillo315 and Zing like this.
  16. anteopta

Reading List:
    Link
    How about this:
    Magic eyes can only be regenerate if the existing eyes are destroyed because regeneration skills cannot replicate the skill of the eyes. That skill resides in the eyes until they are destroyed. Upon destruction the skill returns to his owner and the eyes can be regenerate.

hillo315 and ssj4maiko like this.
  17. ImanotherGuyFroyou

ImanotherGuyFroyou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me Death Mage Magic Eyes is just like this[​IMG]

18. Culaio

Culaio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to thank everyone for trying to help me understand this, I honestly dont feel like I am any closer to understand this but I do see where people are coming from with arguments for both sides, I do know that there is spritual aspect to skills, if I am not mistaken someone in this thread before quoted author saying that skills are like tattoo on soul or something like that, but that doesnt seem to me as being completly true or being true in all cases, since some skills seem to orginate from part of body iself, I mean the fact that magic eye skill can be transfered with eye shows that this skill isnt attached to soul.

Reason why I thought regenerating eyes would restore skill is because It should be the case for at least some of skills that orginate from body part for example if species has stinger and Deadly Poison Secretion (Tail) skill, if someone cut off their stinger it should mean lose of the skill wouldnt it, and if it was regenerated skill should be restored right ? and if the cut off stinger was attached properly to someone else then technically they should gain Deadly Poison Secretion (Tail) skill with it, which would mean that skill got "cloned" along with the stinger.
    This is how I come up with the idea of "cloning" magic eyes.

hillo315 and Claus like this.
  19. sirin423

sirin423 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He will say that it is an evil technique that goes against the natural order of things and that is one more reason why van must be exterminated.
    He will say that he is trying to invade the world and that is one more reason why van must be exterminated.

hillo315, Bla8bla, jemini and 3 others like this.
  20. Silvarion

Silvarion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hold it right there! just because it's attached to the body doesn't mean that it isn't attached to the soul. we do know that there is one guy that can steal skill when he eat someone else's body part. that stolen skill is, in fact, part of the soul. you guys do know who I'm talking about right?

so it could be that magic eye is the same in this instance. stealing a magic eye is getting the body (eye) as well as the soul (skill).

hillo315 likes this.