Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. toxinpsd

toxinpsd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So....did anyone make a fanfic about van getting laid?(more like a date with his wives)

Culaio, hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  2. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    good idea.

Culaio and hillo315 like this.
  3. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I considered it, but had 2 problems. 1. It would not be acceptable on this site, and I want to keep my Scribble Hub account kinda clean. 2. I have a hard time thinking of how to make the death mage writing style erotic since it's so dismissive of everything, and I kinda got a thing about maintaining the style used by the source material.

4. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    OK, so just to confirm that everyone got what's the whole situation of the school and possibly fix some misunderstandings caused by my previous writing:

Alex has the Magic Eyes of Great Appraisal, but this is a secret. He is something like a second year in the school and is known to not only be strong, but also that those that party with him also get stronger. Elizabeth wants him on her party for that reason.

Before the first event however, Elizabeth had a meeting with her party in the cafeteria where Van was alone, she eventually talks in a way that sounded like Van was considered in her speech, and although he himself knew and was also warned by the ghosts that it was certainly a misunderstanding, he still went ahead and placed himself in the group.

Elizabeth was greatly confused on the inside, but at the same time, she fakes that everything is under control on the outside.

-------

In this new chapter, in the MTL there is a part that says "Sorry Elizabeth", that's a MTL error, it's actually "Sasuga Elizabeth-sama" claimed by Maheria, and while she fakes like the famous newbie got into her group as a matter of her charisma, her thoughts are questioning why is this happening, what does Van's wants? What is he planning? Why is this happening with her nanoyo~!? (nanoyo is her japanese quirk).

At the same time Alex was sweating cold to the point that he had to wipe his sweat on his forehead during the chapter. He checked Pauvina status and saw pretty much nothing, this only happened with some senior adventurers and faculty members, which means that Pauvina has ability over A Rank or over, and while that shouldn't make sense, he still has to accept that as the obvious truth, and he guesses that if Pauvina is like that, then the brother-in-law should also be hiding his abilities.

Alex thus decided to apologize to Van over his behavior (Maybe because he didn't introduce himself to a junior at school), and decided that he would check him during that moment.

-----------

In regards to Rokudou, he is under the impression that Rodcorte has plans for him to defeat Van. Although Rod considered making him an angel since he can't be reincarnated, thus Rokudou could give a superior divine blessing to Moriya and the others, against Van that's is just ridiculous since Van can break even during the Descent, and he won't be able to make a magic item to support a God's soul like Fitun had when he gave his to Hajime. Still Rod needs Avalon for after the fight between Bellwood and Vandalieu for him to destroy all of Vidal Empire and remove his attachment to Lambda. Although Avalon is still weaker than Fidirg and pretty much all of the S-Rank adventurers should easily be able to defeat Avalon.

It's also interesting to note that after Avalon got the whole information, he understood in a calm voice that his research and objectives greatly conflicted with Rodcorte's authority. You could interpret it as Rokudou accepting that and planning to help Rod help him to defeat Van, since if that wasn't the case, Rod would have been able to read his thoughts contradicting himself, unless Rod can't do that against the soul of a God, which could be quite likely too.

In regards to status, I have pretty much translated all of them, although the "Strengthened when using X" of Pauvina I still have to work a little more on the automated version, ironically, the one that was translated is because Borkus and Darcia already had it.

Alex current job is the same one that Miriam already glossed over. @_@

It seems that after Alex finds himself hardly progressing on something he changes to something else, so most likely he found a wall on his swordsmanship as it wasn't increasing anymore, and went to Archer.. This is his trick to never find a development wall (Densuke confirmed that he never found one)_

Korleone, Bla8bla, Culaio and 2 others like this.
  5. LokiTheAccursed

LokiTheAccursed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He is gonna have to get through those walls at one point if he ever wants to make some significant progress.

Culaio, hillo315 and Claus like this.
  6. Silvarion

Silvarion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what do you mean? details please.
    also, I just checked the chapter where Miriam's status was last mentioned. Miriam got divine protection from those three gods. what was that about? I thought those gods can't give Miriam their divine protection.

hillo315 likes this.
  7. Masukure

Masukure Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, its not that bad of a strategy (for normal people). He can get lots of jobs, which boosts his stats a ton, and he gains new skills. Also some jobs and skills are only available for someone with experience in multiple fields, which will give him access to those (apprentice mage + warrior seems to have unlocked magic swordsman). Its quantity over quality, but stack enough trash, you will eventually form a mountain. And he can always go back to a previous path if he hits another wall. Edit: Plus it makes him a versatile jack of all trades.

8. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    and jobs help leveling skills, that way he can overcome the wall too.

hillo315 likes this.
  9. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    First, to get a Divine Protection, you need to believe in said god in the first place. In case you don't remember, Edilia and Carlos had Rodcorte's Divine protection simply because their gods asked them to pray for this mysterious gods.

Also, Miriam was not supposed to be there with Van, in fact, although she was not aware of the details of their god given mission, she considered herself their friend and asked of them to not turn her aside, Arthur was at first concerned for her safety, but that convinced him to keep her around (He is very simple minded).

Once Van had his meeting and told her that the 3 gods gave quite a positive evaluation of her to the point that she even got the Friend of the Demon King title, you could imagine that she started praying for the 3 gods, eventually getting all their divine blessings besides Van's.

Otherwise, there was no reason for her to not get their blessings.
    Alex was the son of a hunter, as such, he could be adept in some areas, however, eventually that will end. Think of it like this:
    He trained with the sword until lvl 4, it got hard so he trained in magic, he got Light Attribute, but it seems to be still level 1, but still unlocked the Magic Swordsman, that's good, but it got hard, so he went with Archery. but after that, what will he use?

It's not like he will suddenly change to unarmed fight, or spear, or stuff, he needs to work more on superior skills rather than quantity. But of course, he is still young, so it's quite possible he is just preparing his base for once his body is ready for more.

10. Nimitz

Nimitz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alex doesn't have a bad strategy but not also a great one.

i said it before, a edger/luke/guta/Avalon foursome. Edgar already has a S class( equal to rank 13 or lowest tier god) body. Moron God has already modify his soul. Let ketchup kill van and "edger " kill everybody else.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    Culaio, Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  11. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 195 has been translated and posted for all those interested

12. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    about the chaos skill in 195:
    to me it sounded like the result of the skill depends on the enviroment he is aktivated in.
    that would mean, it is a skill that gives the owner traits of his surroundings:hmm:.

hillo315 and Culaio like this.
  13. Culaio

Culaio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the change temporary, or does first activation determinate what you get permamently ?

hillo315 likes this.
  14. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's more as if having been close to insects, he got a comprehension of his anatomy which allowed him to change it that way

15. Culaio

Culaio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since there is general lack of discussion in the topic I wanted to back to topic of avalon skills and whatever they would be useful to van, I know its a bit late to talk about this topic I actually wanted to talk about it when topic was fresh but sadly life got i nthe way of me finding time to talk about it, now on to the topic:
    I know it was said that avalon growth skills probably wont be helpful to van because he has very similar ability of accelerated growth and no growth walls, but honestly I see no way for those skills NOT be very useful to van and accelerate his grwoth by a lot. I know that sometimes having overlaping skills may be meaningless but it shouldnt be case for this combination, I mean van growth is accelerated because he can clone himself and "harvest" more experiance(from his companions) then normally possible and Avalon's "Increased Learning Speed" skill(in lambda world) should either add to or multiply experiance person gets or decrease how much experiance is needed to level up, it should give van growth speed boost, even IF the skill didnt work with experiance van gets from his compaions it should still work on skills, I mean the "Increased Learning Speed" skill works on all types of growth including skills so it should speed up leveling of skills, which van levels up personally so it should be helful to van.

Its harder to tell how "Unlimited Development" skill would work on lambda, if it only remove growth walls then it would be in deed useless to van but iv read that it grants unlimited potential which could mean many things, like being able to awaken skills you dont have affinity for(it was mentioned somewhere in the story that you cant awaken skill if you dont have potential to do so like dhampir shouldnt be able to awaken regeneration skill, van kinda bypassed it with demon king fragments and stuff, but even van doesnt have affinity for certain things I believe, so that would be useful to van, whats more we dont actually know how this skill will function in world with leveling system, like what exactly unlimited potential means in leveling system like would it make possible to level up/awaken skills that normally cant be leveled/awakened(like some of unique skills heroes got from redcorte), or maybe level up skills past level 10 ? most likely not but who knows how this skill could work especially since it has such high compatibility with leveling system.

In the end I think its highly unlikely for avalon skills not to be very useful for van, author would have to go out of his way to make them useless for van.

hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  16. S.a.w..

S.a.w.. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Double negatives!!!!

hillo315 likes this.
  17. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    @Culaio is a good approach, the skill of learning avalon plus the growth of avalon, would allow you to learn practically any skill that has nothing to do with the magical attributes, a future with an army of vans carrying all the souls of the Creation does not seem impossible. PS: but I doubt that it happens or develops in this way, because for now Avalon will only appear in the unlikely event that the Robcorte plan works.

Culaio, hillo315 and Claus like this.
  18. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter's out! :blob_catflip:

"Getting just a little serious, for a great demon king"

The Zakkart household is going celebrate Van "making friends" with Elizabeth Sauron. Also Van says he's not going to do anything to Alex for staring at Pauvina... for now.

One of the Five Alchem knights who was involved in the Scylla territory recapture operation (and also the one who has a crush on Darcia) also stops by for some exposition on Elizabeth. Nothing that new, just commenting on how her father and oldest brother died during the Amid Empire invasion, how she was basically a toddler when various groups were trying to put a new duke in place, and so on.

Also it seems Van ended up in her party in part because she told off the boys in her party over just deciding whether someone was or wasn't qualified to be part of their party? So be accepting of others and the Great Demon King may come and and decide you can be friends too!

And a great little detail: Dinosaurs don't exist on Origin. But they do on Lambda. So Hiroshi wants to eat one! I think Hiroto and Narumi's absentee parenting from running the bravers for all of Hiroshi and Mei's lives is really starting to show. Mei has a wiggly bits addiction and Hiroshi doesn't want to play with dinosaurs, he wants to eat them. :sweating_profusely:

Chapter ends with Van back at school, doing sparring practice with an instructor... except his expression never changes, and he doesn't sweat or get tired, or stop blocking attacks no matter how long things go. Randolf is as usual utterly confused at how bad Van is at hiding his strength, and eventually Van's instructor gets so tired from going all out he passes out.

Also Elizabeth has a pure " お姫様/Princess" title Zadiris! Your scapegoat has finally arrived! :blobReach:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  19. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, guess heiro took most of it, so I will add some tidbits to complement. (It extended more that I previously expected...)

Everyone was very happy at Van making friends, Darcia reminds that, if it's a girl, they should call Zadiris and Kanako as soon as possible to "teach her", Natania recounted how her previous "friends" betrayed and left her to die, but how happy she was upon meeting real friends like Juliana and Van. The Heart Warriors "villain-like" trio agree at how their lives changed after meeting their "true friend" Miriam. Miriam is surprised at that wording.

Silky is worried in how they should handle the friends that could come any time, they are worried that they may need to prepare a problem place, and a new tea set, Eisen suggests just doing a Garden Party, it seems they are already competing? It was a situation that, if Nuaza was there, he would declare it a new national holiday. Then Van comments that the friend is the imouto of Duke Sauron, Elizabeth Sauron, to Darcia "This is quite a small world", to Bellmond "It's a real princess, we have more reasons to call Kanako".

Then there was the boy Alex who was staring that Pauvina and did nothing, Darcia is worried for Pauvina, asks her if she was afraid, but she just felt a little uncomfortable, Darcia tells Pauvina to rely on her if necessary, she will even protest to the school if necessary, but Pauvina will deal with it, with Van. Simon seems impressed with Pauvina's suggestion, and recommends doing it somewhere where it can't be seen, but Van tells him he won't do anything against Alex. For now.

Meanwhile Valdiria has arrived in the mansion, after the fight she "lost" both arms, this made the Sauron Duchy end up owning extras to Alcrem, meanwhile the person herself had her arms fixed soon after, and the arms found were made by Luciliano, however, every time she needs to present herself... Well, she has to cut the arms again, which she does, but there is a good reason for that, cause now she has an excuse, she is to stay in rehab with her new "prosthesis" made by Van, so she get to stay a good amount of time with "Darcia Onee-sama". That was a small sacrifice. Van is making her new prosthesis to be something that she wears over her arm, so no more cuttings.

Valdiria explains that Elizabeth could have some problems with the nobles of Alcrem, because in the whole succession deal in Sauron, they just ended up accepting Sauron, but she explains there were no personal reasons, Alcrem ended up in the border with Amid just like Hartner, so they needed the duchy to be recaptured and stabilized, and Rudel seemed to have gotten that, otherwise, they don't care, in fact, they have little info on Elizabeth simply because she was not important. Elizabeth's grandfather from the mother's side was a Knight, so George Bearheart could have some info, but it would be useless info for the situation nonetheless, they should still know her by name, but that's all.

Van understands the situation and doesn't see it as a problem and will ask Elizabeth, but he thinks things will go allright. Valdiria comments that he seems to really like her, and Van replies that she was very attentive to her surroundings by inviting someone who was having lunch alone, even Zorna opened a conversation not to make him feel isolated, he was also impressed by her sense of morals in disregarding the choices that could violate the school rules. Of course, it's a misunderstanding, and for Zorna, all she did was asks some questions from her own curiosity.

So Simon asks for the aval from Gufardgarn, who appears from out of nowhere. From his perspective, Elizabeth looked like a proud person, he felt EMPATHY for the human Maheria, and he didn't get much from the Dwarf Zorna. The other 3 boys didn't seem any exceptional. Chupuras complements the explanation, Elizabeth has good grades, but seems to have no other friends besides the ones from her group. She may look like a school celebrity, but that's an isolated case. Maheria is the daughter of someone who served Elizabeth's mother. Zorna joined their group after entering school. The 3 boys are related to the noble families that backed her as a lord. Valdiria was concerned that the 3 could be a problem later on, but Van had no interest, and Pauvina asks info in regards to Alex. He seems to be the proud type too, and seems to be at the top of his grades. It seems he can see the hidden talents of people, and Darrock suggests that he could have a Magic Eye related Unique Skill, he also suggests doing something, but Van refuses he won't do anything unless it harms Pauvina.

But in the end, Darcia is just happy that they are so serious about school. The original purpose to enter the school is to meet people to guide towards Vida, but only Van will know if they can be guided, so he has to deal with everything himself. The asked Arthur about news from reincarnators, it seems the Heart Warriors have been asking for rumors in the Adventurer's Guild about new people who suddenly became active or who has a different face or a strange name, but there was nothing. Van has been asking for support from the Gods for any info in regards to that and has made offerings of cola, Potato chips, Curry and Pizza. People from Origin would think of it as a joke, but these are the best contributions to be given to the gods of Lambda (Specially Zuruwarn). So when deciding over dinner, Van asks for Dinosaur because Hiroshi wanted to try it.

----------

And in the next day, there was physical training, even mages must do it, of course, the tests already got rid of the weaker people. Dandlip used his Spirit Magic to prepare the whole place for training, but then he looked at van...

"What are you doing?"

Van has been using No-Attribute magic but takes care not to destroy the targets, and in the mock battle, they use armor and a training weapon to fight against the instructor and other students, it's necessary for training, but Van's case... Van is of course overwhelmingly stronger, he has done mock battles with children in Talosheim, so he can do these with ease, even if an attack can be avoided he won't, he will reduce the speed of the attack before hitting, the stick he received for spear technique is compatible with his staff technique, the instructor is going all out but he can't hit, which Van only replies that even training swords would cause injury if targeting the head, so of course he will avoid. There are multiple people on the ground of people who he fought, eventually the instructor concedes. Van then stops and gives some suggestions to the instructor so that he could get better, including usage of his skills, the instructor just accepts and even thanks him while crying and then fainted. Van carries him out of the area but now, there are no more opponents, so what should he do. In his mind, Randolph answers "Dunno" to him.

So she has 3 attributes, and a Magic Sword, quite impressive. About the untranslated ones, the 2 Resistances are with the wrong Kanji, the Horse Riding is different from the Riding Skill, so I will wait to confirm)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    Korleone, Eddy andres, Nimitz and 6 others like this.
  20. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe is more horse riding as in the "young rich girl sport" than actual riding a mount for battling? Her "ohime-sama" sugest that it may be more of a ojou kind of title that a princess kind and her host family may have been giving her the so called training for a proper lady to marry her away at their convenience after all.

hillo315, Reman Scimitar and Bla8bla like this.