Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Just about everyone is aware, even Brainless' fanatics (issued gag order on other religions). Saying Heinz doesn't at this point is hilarious in and of itself.

Eddy andres likes this.
  2. xacual

xacual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s common knowledge that they are awake and active. It is not common knowledge that they sided against Alda.

Bla8bla and hillo315 like this.
  3. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Saying give Van the DK frags means they haven't sided with Vida? .....

4. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    when did they say that? and heinz is still in the dungeon, he knows nothing about what is going on outside. looking forward to his reaction when he comes out. I hope it is not just him denying it.

Bla8bla, hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  5. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He already went out with Edgar Demon King and Depressive Bellwood, he did not care about anything that happened abroad and when asagi sent him an account explaining a summary of the last arcs + origin and motivation of vandeliu + existence of robdiot + anti experiments mana of death, decided to remain the same, assuming that half can be a lie and the other half irrelevant, all clear with a little help from gundunaris, although he only had to say a couple of sentences to send all the trash That valuable information.

Korleone and hillo315 like this.
  6. IceFenix

IceFenix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally. I have finished reading raw chapters from this thread. So many pages :sweating_profusely:

7. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Heinz doesn't think Van is evil. Just a well-intentioned extremist who might be bad for the world in the long run.

And in one case, he has a point. I agree with almost all of Van's policies, but one thing I do not agree with is his habit of raising the dead left and right. He already has entire armies of undead; making more probably isn't worth disturbing the world's order. (Reincarnation is fine, though.)

Is it just me, or has Heinz been in the dungeon for literal years?

Bla8bla likes this.
  8. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a very long series. One of the longest web novels around by word count. What Yoshi has translated is perhaps more than any single fan translator has done for a single WN series (again, talking word count not chapter count).

2.5 years in terms of author writing time. 3 years in-world.

Bla8bla, hillo315, IceFenix and 2 others like this.
  9. xacual

xacual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And if the dungeon hadn't been destroyed by Van, it was expected that they would have spent another year or so clearing it. Van destroying it really made the thing simple in comparison to when Curatos was running it.

Bla8bla, hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  10. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    good seeing that without leveling up it took a few months only to defeat the copy of gundunaris with failure and error, less than before that there were originally 30 levels more difficult than what they had faced so far, each more difficult than the previous one and Heinz and Edgar badly hurt, I would not have been surprised that they had left 2 years later at least.

hillo315 likes this.
  11. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, but Heinz also doesn't entirely think Van is a person, so he can still get his stupid casual racist soul eaten. :blobdevil: Anyway:

*Looks over at all the non-sapient monsters*

Given the current distribution of souls, even if we're just talking about the non-sapient golems being used as tools as opposed to the zombies whose personhood can be potentially argued over, I can't really say it's a net negative to have Van using part of them for the actual betterment of people's lives as opposed to being Guduranis's left over murder machines. In other settings, what Van is doing would certainly be questionable, but Alda's 100,000 years of pursuing the "ideal" only to leave the world and people's lives worse off makes it very hard for me at least to admonish Van's practices when they're making a lot more people's (including humans/elves/dwarves) lives a lot better than they were and getting a lot more monster souls out of Guduranis's transmigration circle.

Here's actually a somewhat interesting thought experiment along those lines: was it morally right for Nineroad to introduce the practice of taming monsters to Lambda? And is it morally right for anyone to continue practicing taming in this setting? I mean those monsters are being used as tools for the betterment of societies, often have arguable levels of sentience, and their users have no interest in attempting to return them to a "proper" reincarnation circle.

Still waiting for all of Heinz's hair to fall out now that he's become strong. :blobowoevil_horns:

12. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My view is it is complicated, but as practiced in Lambda ,no and no. They are treating sentient species as strictly lesser which is 100% morally wrong, ane Nineroad has absolutely no justifiable reason for not knowing that. if limited to non-sentient races only it could be justified, but as practiced it is nothing more then another form of slavery

That slavery still exists in Lambda also shows a severe lack of moral high ground on the case of the 3 combat champions,

13. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    two things
    First: Question, Has heinz ever been told to have a family?

second: with the issue of the use of the undead, it has stopped being as harmful or dangerous as it was before only with the fact of the existence of mei that eliminates the fear of people like heinz or loot about getting out of control, if we talk of the ethical or moral dilemma, it is necessary to take into account that in this universe the soul molds the body and that when one dies the body is no more than an empty shell, when vandeliu creates an undead he chooses the original soul or soul of plant or insect and puts them in that shell that has already been abandoned and does not belong to anybody like an hermit crab, in the case of the souls of people vandeliu has given them a decent treatment as to the members of the swords that break the bad or Mikhail and although they are given difficult jobs they are still treated as people and given the same rights of redemption that are given to prisoners of war or subjects of evidence with minor crimes, although monitored they are given a certain degree of freedom qu And many of the slaves abroad cannot even imagine and if we talk about the second types of undead, you would have to advocate for the rights of plants and insects. and being honest even with the problem of lack of creativity, an undead has practically none of the weaknesses of humans and has practically all the advantages except perhaps to dominate (something that vandeliu may solve in the future).

Reman Scimitar, hillo315 and IceFenix like this.
  14. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter's out! :blob_catflip:

"The (technically) not poisoned banquet"

So now that they've got the actual drug Van just decided to kidnap the entire asylum staff for interrogation by Luciano in Knochen... with dinner! (that's good) The dinner is filled with psychotropic drugs! (that's bad) But the food's made by Van, wearing a chef's hat for some reason :blobjoy:, so it's really delicious! (that's good) but if you eat too much, you will overdose and die! (that's bad) I think this must easily be Van's most bond villain-esque retribution yet. :blobpopcorn:

Anyway, director and staff is full of dirtbags who've on top of using the patients guinea pigs for new experimental drugs have also been participating in or turning a blind eye to physical and sexual abuse of patients and all sorts of other awful crap, so Van doesn't particularly care that the Count put them up to drugging Amelia. They try to justify it all with "the greater good of society" only for Van as usual to respond he doesn't care what value they do or don't have to society, they hurt his new friends among the patients (not to mention Van really doesn't like innocents being treated this way after Origin), and so now he's going to give them a taste of their own medicine. Literally.

It's a nice, somewhat sad, touch that the one doctor Van guided and revealed he felt incredibly guilty about everything he's done, decides to willingly partake in the punishment as penance for the people he hurt. :blobsad: It's another good illustration that Van is capable of forgiving people who show sincerity and empathy towards those they've harmed too, as he erases all the lethal effects from that doctor's food, while leaving the rest of them in a [delay death] state were they go on suffering on the edge of death for as long as he wants.

Also Elizabeth is sounding somewhat more jealous: we went from "that guy, he doesn't even want to treat my mother, he just wants to flirt with her, is that it!?" last week to "don't tell me, he's just trying to hide from me and flirt with my mother...!?" Also, she got a [Daughter of the Demon King] title, so yeah, Amelia, Vandalieu, the status system has officially pronounced you man and wife! :blobrofl:

Anyway, next time Duke Jahan, the giant one who was apparently a big proponent for reforming the Alda church, is going to show up to talk to Van in the asylum, so should be interesting to see what the heck he's actually after. An envoy from the Harmony faction? Does he want to make a similar deal with Van as Alchem did to help support his harsh, northern lands? something else?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    Korleone, Bla8bla, Mesaphrom and 8 others like this.
  15. IceFenix

IceFenix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for chapter. And i think it's both beautiful and sad

16. Integer

Integer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to the not a poisonus banquet :blobjoy:
    And also i laughed hard when i saw Elizabeth acquired Demon King's Daughter title :blobjoy::blobjoy:

I feel like his brother is still alive and confined in the asylum (if i'm not mistaken, because i only read the summary so far :blobcheeky:).
    And he has a secret with his brother, and probably he already knows about vandalieu's ability.
    That's why he wanted to check it wim himself.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  17. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    *slowly claps*

Now onto a very peculiar question, we got Zadiris/Basdia/Jadal oyakodon and do we still have the Elizabeth/Amelia oyakodon? (and if we do, can we even call them in-laws at this point? shits-n-gigs question :blobrofl:)

Eddy andres and IceFenix like this.
  18. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Elizabeth oyakodon + the fact that system recognizes her as Van's daughter = :whistle:

19. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, titles don't come from the "system" recognising someone but from the weight of perception (with gods having an extra large sized vote). So for her to get these titles implies to me that Van is either spreading around knowledge about what's going on a wide enough scale (eg 10s of thousands) or some gods got involved.

hillo315, Bla8bla, IceFenix and 2 others like this.
  20. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if you accepted the tittle itself will have weight of perception