Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.wuxiaworld.com/novel/dragon-maken-war

This one I assume?

Eddy andres likes this.
  2. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll be pleasantly surprised if Alex winds up getting high stats and crazy skills in a futile attempt to improve himself faster than Van.

The fact that these crazy dreams are literally omens from the Great Demon King probably doesn't help.

I mean, he should be an expert on crazy dreams by now. :blobsmirk:

Called it back on page 397. Bakunawa is totally a long lizard goat. :blobowoevil_horns:

Maheria is Van's daughter, twice removed... from reality.

Rodcorte's plan wasn't hard to foil, was it? It all hinged on Van not knowing about it for as long as possible, so now nothing is stopping Van from charging in before Avalon is fully prepared to fight.

Van still has a lifespan. It's just a functionally unending lifespan. Hence, immortal mortal.

Probably nothing, but I could be wrong. We've seen Van try to crush Rodcorte's curses before, but eating them is a different matter.

Alda only calls himself the God of Fate, which is annoying because of just how masturbatory the title is. The truth is, fate is too fickle to be completely controlled by the gods, and Alda is no exception.

3. xacual

xacual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If Rod was smart he would have loaded up Rokudou’s soul. with a bunch of worthless and then some horrible latent curses so that they would activate only when the soul was damaged / consumed.

Bla8bla, hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  4. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the series would never have existed ;)

Korleone, IceFenix, Bla8bla and 4 others like this.
  5. Alex927

Alex927 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I remember correctly, it is said that Ricklent "looked" at the future and saw the revival and decay of hiroto. He then warned Vida to change the future.

hillo315, Eddy andres and Arbelbyss like this.
  6. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Still would have Brainless (Alda) and co to tend with

Eddy andres likes this.
  7. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    If he was smart, the flag that caused Vida ot lose faith in him would have never been tripped, so she would have never gone to make her own circle.
    Also, if Rodiot was smart, he could have forced Alda to let the world develop, as opposed to stagnate like it has, with a very simple lie ("if your world does not start developing, I am going to have to cut off your flow of souls and send hem to other worlds that need more souls")

8. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Augur』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    Rod would never risk that. Also Rodcorte isn't really an understanding guy. They're short term planners that don't take into account cause and effect. Rod had hints of long term planning but that was thrown aside because the problem could be dealt with and he wouldn't need to do said patch. =_= When in fact he should have done the patch just in case another problem like it rises up.

9. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Two flaws with this:

1. He was already being somewhat smart about sending people to Lambda to fight Guduranis as he'd find out there is a soul system in place, making himself a target (endless supply of souls, as well as soul crushing every potential enemy that comes to Lambda ).

2. Holding Lambda hostage would cause more resentment from the Gods and makes running the world... a little bit more difficult (they know they need souls and Puny God's system is the only provider atm, this would most likely to encourage them (most notably Vida's faction) to build their own system).

Eddy andres likes this.
  10. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem there is not what he did (staying out), but how he did it.

This is after alda attacked Vida for trying to make her own circle. the real stagnation does not start until after that war. At which Alda has doubled down on Rod only. The problem is the potential gains outweigh the risks so much that this is what he should have done.

Korleone, Bla8bla and hillo315 like this.
  11. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand the why of 'how he did it', but to someone like Puny God, it's only a means to an end (btw still funny it's coming back to bite him in the ass pretty hard).

Regardless if it's before or after Alda strikes Vida, Alda would've done everything in his power to keep things constant, we all should know that at this point. Alda only wants things to remain stable (which is ironic in his case, causing more grief to the world), nothing more/less.

Side note: No, I ain't defending either on, tbh I hope they get devoured.

Eddy andres likes this.
  12. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that the main problem here is not the actions of alda, the key factor for everything was the bellwood guide, without that guide the already narrow mind of alda would not have shrunk more, he would be an arrogant, stubborn and pullo god of light, who would have waited to hear his sister's opinion, would not have broken his sandcastle and would have flaunted his title god of law and would have sought a midpoint.

@Reman Scimitar, yes.

IceFenix and hillo315 like this.
  13. Nairne

Nairne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get that he can make himself younger with that ridiculous spell. Just thought that since his race changed to Dhampir (Goddess)...

About curses though - I don't remember that part with weakening that you mentioned. I know Van tried to eat his own ones and it did nothing to help him. (Though I had a significant break before coming back to binge the series again so maybe I skipped/forgot something)

If he was smart he would have fixed Van's soul, luck and all before sending him away (since obviously he doesn't need to reincarnate them immediately and he knows how to work on souls).

I get your point though :)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    Bla8bla, Eddy andres and hillo315 like this.
  14. Nairne

Nairne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do agree that Bellwood was a significant problem, and it probably was his fault that Alda turned into a kid who sees only his dream, and the state of the world does not matter. I also find it laughable that rejected Vida's races. Guduranis came and was a threat to the world's existence. Who says a bigger threat can't appear?

P.S. I can't wait for Alda's reaction to Avalon descending with 2 fragments of Guduranis' soul.

15. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait and see when Guduranis, Brainless (Alda), Heinz, Rokudo, and Puny God (Rodiot) finds out that Van has the most frags and very unknown jobs and titles. :blobpopcorn_cool:

16. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to see a situation in which avalon or gundunaris launch a kind of wave to try to attract the fragments of the continent only so that vandeliu surpasses it in mana and steals everything.

hillo315 likes this.
  17. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    When van soul is destroyed due him redirect his attack to himself in bellwood trial and Vidal empire people help rebulid his soul in dream , he actually have option to remove his curse permanently but he not do it because he will lose quite lot Mana , the curse is become weak though. I think the translated chapter already reach this so you should read them

Eddy andres and hillo315 like this.
  18. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't have the curse weakened bit yet on translation part, just Darcia whipping ketchup's ass (plus the recent side story ch 29).

19. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooooh i just asume it lol, thanks for clarification

hillo315 likes this.
  20. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Van said he could destroy the curses but chooses not to because he doesn’t have a reason to and they benefit his mana pool

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    hillo315, Eddy andres and Arbelbyss like this.