Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Surya89

Surya89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the answer lie in this
    ありがとうございます。ダルシアのハーレムメンバー入りは、「そういえば入ってたね」というように、あからさまではない感じで入っていて、「いいのか?」という声に「何か問題でも?」とヴァンダルーが聞き返すような、そうしたいなと考えております。

If you can correctly translate it.
    But from what we knew so far,Densuke itself kinda confused whether he specify romance relationship between Van and Darcia.
    So it's up to us to convinced him that it would be fine if he make Darcia become one of Van Harem member.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  2. Neo-Pollux

Neo-Pollux Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    and for saria, rita, olivia, Powvina, Juliana, Tarea, Gufadgarn and Legion?

hillo315 likes this.
  3. toxinpsd

toxinpsd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hillo315 and Neo-Pollux like this.
  4. toxinpsd

Reading List:
    Link
    Only saria,rita and tarea are confirm

Pauvina is more like sister to van though it still possible to add her

Juliana is the same as pauvina

Gufardgarn is....complicated

Legion isn't part of it cause legion has multiple personalities

Edit: I forgot to add orbia

hillo315 likes this.
  5. Neo-Pollux

Neo-Pollux Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:it's sad:blobdead::blobdead::blobdead:

hillo315 likes this.
  6. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Happy Bakarina anime premiere day! Summary 3/3's out! :blobReach:

Interesting tidbits:
    -Vadalia, the dwarf member of Duke Alchem's 5 guardian knights and potential member of Darcia's harem is 79.
    -Weirdly (?) despite this, she sees Darcia as an elder sister (I got the sense that Darcia was still in the lower double digits agewise / "young" for a Dark Elf, but maybe not? )
    -Vadalia's fake metal arms are actually transformation bracers (henshin!)
    -Despite still having all her body parts, Vadalia did actually acquire [Spirit Body] like Simon and Natalia to control them, it wasn't just a ghost doing it for her.
    -Vadalia rocket punched a monster during the Avalon battle.
    -Vadalia is so happy living in Silky, under the same roof as Darcia, she totally forgot about going back to protect Duke Alchem. :blobawkward:

-Brabatille, flame swordsman member of Duke Alchem's 5 guardian knights is 67, but after youth transformation looks and has a body of a 20 year old ("Brabatille Jr" was older than I thought).
    -Brabatille is married! :blobfearful: Now I get why the illegitimate child thing was such a bigger deal.
    -His wife apparently took the opportunity to not bother with playing the high society social circle games with other nobles under the context of "mourning her husband" (guess she might have also gotten a youth transformation too?) so "Brabatille Jr" has suddenly had to deal with going to parties and meetings between various nobles by himself, something he is woefully ill equipped for. :blobtongue:

-Katie Hartner / [Uror] is still trying hard to get her father on track so her family doesn't end up smashing their head in on the unbreakable rock that is Vidal.
    -Some are suggesting Katie marry into Vidal to fix the bad blood between Hartner and Talosheim.
    -Candidates include: Van, Seig / [Skanda] and Sala Langston / [Perseus]. A.k.a. other reincarnators. :blobsweat:
    -Though Katie could argue they were acquaintances in her last lives, she was never in any romantic relationships with any of them. As such, Katie would rather not do any of that. (and I quote: "Eeh...?")

-Rudel's actually kinda lucky Vidal revealed itself and dealt with him diplomatically, because there was a very real possibility Van could have just showed up and conquered the territory, most of the people wouldn't have given a damn. He wasn't there during the Amid occupation, he put pressure on villages that supported other resistance groups like Iris's, and his taxes and conscriptions were unpopular.
    -Rudel still hasn't realized that Liz doesn't really care about being the Duke of Sauron anymore. :blobsweat_2:
    -While Rudel does have extenuating circumstances regarding most of his actions (central Orbaume political manipulations, etc), since Van is allied with so many people who are generally against him, Van is generally opposed to Rudel as well.

-Weedle is the 5th son of Duke Sauron
    -The first in line son of Duke Sauron who died during the amid invasion had the same mother as him.
    -Weedle again also circulated nasty rumors about Liz not being a Sauron at all and Amelia and her family trying to steal the dukedom. Screw that guy.
    -He also doesn't particularly consider Liz his "real" sister. Sigh...
    -He worked as a representative of Sauron in the Orbaume capital.

-Alex (Mystic Eyes of Apprasial kid) has a childhood sweetheart in his party, Annabelle (half elf girl) from the same rural town
    -Alex showed her all about how she had a talent for magic and said they should go off to the adventurer prep school together. Kinda cute. :blobsmilehappyeyes:
    -Other party members in his group include double spear weidler Robin, and rabbit beast person Towa.
    -Alex isn't really a bad person, but given people might STEAL HIS EYES if they knew about them, and Elizabeth didn't stack up to the standards of the rest of the party at the time, and there was a lot of focus on her due to her circumstances, and nobles in general kinda being jerks to commoners like him and his party members, he really felt he couldn't let her into their party or vice-versa.
    -Alex has realized after the stuff with Van and Pauvina and Randolf that the world is still full of much bigger fish than him, and redoubled his efforts to get stronger with his teammates.
    -Alex might have ended up being chosen as a Hero by one of Alda's subordinate gods eventually if not for the fact he is now in close proximity with Van.

-Heinz still looks 20 despite being 30 now.
    -Again, Heinz is an idiot for assuming him and Van could actually work together just because they had a common enemy in Avalon. As Van pointed out, you don't team up with a Kobold to beat an Orc, do you Heinz? Van still sees both of them as dangers to his loved ones, and Heinz has still not given Van any concrete reasons he should think otherwise.
    -In fact, Densuke would like to remind you that all of Heinz's plans failed miserably in that last battle: Jennifer and Diana were used as human shields, Guduranis dodged all his attacks thanks to [Danger Sense Death] making him even more useless than people who couldn't kill Guduranis, even when Van stopped targeting him he had already given up on trying to work together with Van, he believed Guduranis's raving lunatic "curse", and he had to get saved from being killed by Nineroads. :blobsweat_2:

-Edgar died at age 34.
    -Edgar's death is currently seen as a tragic death of a hero, since it was all going on up in the sky, and people can't see souls, no one knows he was actually a trojan horse for resurrecting Guduranis.
    -Edgar is quickly becoming a footnote in history though in the face of Van and Vidal's humanitarian aid to Orbaume. :blobawkward:

-Avalon gets classified as a demi-god. He has an unknown age, which, okay I guess. 3 lives and all.
    -Again, even after his god plans failed on Origin, he still wanted to kill Van and become god of Lambda instead of Origin
    -It's funny Avalon desperately wanted to build a theocracy dedicated to him, while Van desperately wishes that would stop happening. :blob_pout:
    -Becoming Arc Avalon did indeed drive the formerly patient and careful Avalon crazy with power, and made him considerably less effective as a villain.
    -Avalon did not have a weird attachment to noses or something. He only used the [Devil King's Nose] and the other fragments so much because he already recognized he personally was no match for Van in pure death magic.
    -Though Isla got [Dark Avalon] popular as a name for him, he never used that name for himself (Was the last thought before he got eaten: "It's Ark Avalonnnnn...."?)

-Guduranis is considered male despite being a shapeshifter who could make Fallopian tubes and stuff, interesting.
    -Despite theories by some gods he only has a power similar to death attribute magic, he was in fact a death attribute user, just a very different one than Van is (different aura, different skills, different focuses. Like the difference between a water mage and an ice mage I suppose? Same attribute, different abilities? :hmm:)
    -Guduranis, paranoid lunatic he was, also hated to reveal his abilities and didn't keep any records or research of what he could do lest someone use that information against him.
    -Even Evil Gods like Gufadgarn and Fidirg don't really know where Guduranis got death-attribute magic from, how it worked on their old world, or Guduranis's history before he forced them into his army. It wasn't exactly a world where anyone would try to research history or magic in the first place (more chaotic free for all...)
    -Guduranis's soul break abilities were very simplistic compared to Van's now. They were more like how Van killed those vampires Birkyne sent to Talosheim, in the plan that led to Elenora joining team Van ages ago. The other person had to be completely unable to do anything for him to complete the process. He sealed Botin because he didn't have the time to completely knock her out and then slowly crack her soul to pieces for instance. Ricklent similarly escaped before Guduranis could soften him up enough.
    -Guduranis basically lost all interest in getting revenge on Bellwood after seeing what a "weakling" sad sack he'd turned into. He was all about killing Van for "stealing" his fragments. :blobdevil:
    -Guduranis's original plan was to have Van kill Edgar and take over Van, but after Avalon showed up with his [instinct] and [memories], he decided that taking those parts of his "core" was much more valuable. (wow did he get lucky, seeing how trying to take over Van went for him.)
    -Guduranis lost the first time because he didn't think Bellwood would be stupid enough to mobilize the entire population of Lambda in a mutual destruction fight that reduced the population to 3000 (it's said he didn't understand "people", but I dunno, line between "courage" and "foolishness" seems to be somewhat blurry here...)
    -Guduranis lost this time because he couldn't imagine Van could actually consume him (even after he did the same to Edgar and Avalon).
    -Still no signs of his "curse" to take over Van and return one day. :blobsmirk:

-Rodcorte of course planned to separate his system from Lambda if Avalon actually succeeded, leaving Avalon to be god of a mostly dead and/or monster filled world. Same for Guduranis after he showed up. Haha.
    -Rodcorte could have actually dodged or blocked Alda's Stakes of Law if he actually knew how to fight. :blobsweat_2:
    -Yeah, Alda's familiar in Rodcorte's divine realm is entirely focused on monitoring Rodcorte, and thus paying no attention as the angels hang out with Zuruwarn.

-Another bust ranking. Pauvina, Oniwaka/Yuuma, Juliana and Gabriel are still growing. Miriam also grew a bit (divine protection or just her maturing some more?). Silky, Amelia, Zona and Elizabeth have also joined the rankings. Tiamat has an honorary "immeasurable" advisor position. :blobsweat_2:

-Most of the Dark Elves in Amid have completed their immigration from their secret villages to Vidal.
    -Other side of the boundary mountain range nations have populations counted separate from Vidal, but not Garland for some reason?
    -Zakkart Street and Marshy's prison facility have been added to Vidal's facilities / bases.

"Thank you. Regarding Darcia joining the harem, she would probably join in a very matter-of-fact kind of way, something like "by the way, I've decided to join", while Vandalieu, while sounding very "are you sure?", would respond with something like "even if there's some problems with it?", I think I'd want to do it like that."

So basically sounds like if Densuke was to do Van x Darcia, Darcia would be very air-headed about it, and Van wouldn't really want to, but would agree anyway because Darcia is his family. It's an established character setting that if Van cares about someone, he'll do anything they want (even let them physically and emotionally abuse him) out of fear of losing their love. :blob_teary:

So no, Van’s not that much of a mother-con.

See you all on 4/14 for the next volume. Stay safe out there!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    Korleone, hillo315, Bla8bla and 4 others like this.
  7. rdsreloaded

rdsreloaded Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought zakkart and vida banged, esp considering Vida “busyness” lol

hillo315 likes this.
  8. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is a figure of speech.

For the same reason everyone pray to gods. 'Cause she is helpful and approves of him. A (kinda) major point later on is that the one of the main reason people pray to Alda have less to do with them beliving in him and more because he is the only option available and they need his bleesing to survive, the moment the other gods start to awaken/are unsealed they go for the ones they are more compatible with, something that surprise Alda for some egostistical reason.

Gufa want them babies, I Don't see anything complicated with that :blob_grin:. As for Legion, I remember some memeber trying to push for Pluto, but that may had been about the whole MG Idol boom thing at the moment.

Only after she "resurrected" him. Before that I think his mentality was "we are at war, maybe after". There is also the whole Gufu stalking him as a elf girl instead of an elf woman. I do remember a WoG about him liking Vida though.

hillo315, Bla8bla and Reman Scimitar like this.
  9. YuexHajime101

YuexHajime101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Did he really get busy with that disgusting woman? The war wasn’t over yet so I don’t think he was ready to start possibly pursuing a relationship with someone. I think Vida did want to go that far with him but Zakkart did not I think this is a case of unrequited love. He seemed to treat her as a friend and goddess while she saw him in a romantic light. Can someone tell me if he ever gets revenge on Rodcoyte(I might have misspelled his name) the god in charge of reincarnation and what’s the MC’s relationship with the egotistical racist god Alda?

hillo315 likes this.
  10. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    WE HAVE AN ALDA BELIEVER HERE! TIME FOR A PURGE EVERYONE!

EDIT: I forgot, is part of the freaking backstory that Vida and Zakkart ('s undead body, and only body, no soul) are the parents of the twins that became the progenitors of the vampires and ghouls.

Jokes aside, Vida did feel love for Zakkart and viceversa but in different ways, for Vida it was the man who brought so many new ideas and ways for people to live longer and be happy, for him she was his benefactor and the one who believed in him during his lowest point. She does notice she was in love with him, but only after she could no longer bring him back, which is why she was so heartbroken and acted stupid (in her own words) with Alda (who was being a dick about it anyway). Wether or not Zakkart reciprocated, I don't really remember it being brought up, in or out of story.

In a deliciously sweet and slow manner, yes. It start with him becoming a god of Lambda by accident (because everyone in Vidal learned about him it qualified as being prayed at), then he started to telling "technical truths" to Alda that obviously shooted him in the foot, then the majority of the Bravers stopped giving a fuck about him for being a prick during the whole Avalon trying to kidnap Mei AKA Van's Head Miko (sorta), then took the brilliant idea of shoving pieces of DK's soul into Avalon, send him to Lambda, resolve everything somehow, and didn't expect Alda to be royaly pissed about it, which he was, murderously so, and it great moment of Alda doing something right for once he Staked him and now Roddy Rod is writting in constant pain for being impaled while the reincarnation system is being overseen by the angels dudes (and dudette). System which is going to probably going to be taken over by Van....... 's clone body.

11. YuexHajime101

Reading List:
    Link
    Is Tarea part of the harem? Also I just double checked and it turns out Zakkart and Vida did go at it although she violated his corpse so I’m not sure if that counts:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    hillo315 likes this.
  12. Zing

Zing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, makes me wonder if you read the novel at all.

13. YuexHajime101

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m currently reading it at this moment the MC is a womanizer and not everyone is guaranteed to end up with him which is why I asked for the harem members as you guys have read ahead and know who’s more likely to end up with him someone gave me a reply with a list of harem members and Tarea wasn’t on it which is why I asked if she was part of the harem.

hillo315 likes this.
  14. Megangale

Megangale Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What chapter does Van and Darcia go to her home village and meet his grandparents?

hillo315 likes this.
  15. toxinpsd

Reading List:
    Link
    He will end up with all them since he can split himself into dozens of clone and can remember every moment of his life due to [Perfect memory] skill, so even how many wives he has and how many children he has, he can always spend time with them. Furthermore his ageless so he won't die of old age.

16. YuexHajime101

Reading List:
    Link

That’s nice although I’m a little creeped out that woman were aiming for a 3-12 year old boy.

hillo315 likes this.
  17. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    50 something years old, something that all of them knows.

And if you want to use that kind of logic in anime land then don't use an old as time vampire in a very sexual relationship with a minor as a username. Or leaving their age aside, a 16 years old getting it on with a 12 years old look alike.

To add to that, while Van have 2 children he have not sleeped with either of the mothers and instead were born via weird fertility goddess shenanigans. Using his blood.

18. Shadowsiver88

Shadowsiver88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    here's something i just came up with if Zadiris doesn't like being seen as young, why not ask Van to use
    Youth Transformation to reset her body aging function. Ghoul stop ageing when they get pregnant right ,so if he were to just go one year young then the age her body stop at she could theoretically start ageing again Intel she becomes pregnant again at the age she wants.
    Because here's what it says for Youth Transformation:
    A spell that absorbs the ‘aging’ of the target, causing a reversal of aging. Only the parts in contact with the caster are designated as targets, so in order to reverse aging in the entire body, the caster must be in contact with not only the target’s skin but also the bones, organs and nerves.

If age is continuously reversed in the organs and nerves, one would be theoretically immortal, becoming able to live hundreds or thousands of years.

However, this spell does not reverse time, so it does not cause memory loss or the reverting of the target’s personality to that of a child. There are cases where it improves the target’s ability to remember things, causing to remember things of the past that they had forgotten, and growth due to the age reversal in the bones and cartilage.

so because it reset's the body to a earlier age the ghoul's biological function should also rest and ageing can begin again, because their body would think they still haven't become pregnant once right?

hillo315 and Bla8bla like this.
  19. YuexHajime101

Reading List:
    Link

At the beginning of the novel when he first meets his harem members he’s 18 years old mentally and 3 years old biologically in his second life he didn’t exactly get to experience any form of mental growth as he was a lab rat. Hajime was a adult in Japan and in Tortus where people get married at 14 and races ages very there so Yue hitting on him is fine as he’s legally a adult while the MC of this novel on the other hand was 3 when a woman started to take a sexual interest in him which is not ok.

hillo315 likes this.
  20. Zing

Zing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are currently reading it, I would recommend the death mage thread instead of spoilers thread :)

hillo315 and Bla8bla like this.