Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes he did but rod is still the strongest great god. He just has no combat skill. It’s why everyone can just walk over him

Bla8bla and hillo315 like this.
  2. Zing

Zing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Strongest? If I recall, Rod attempted to take back souls of 8 guidance before they fused and became Legion. Zuruwarn and Ricklent were able to fend him off, he even took a tiny bit of damage. I don't remember how much effort the two had to exert...
    Alda was the one who, happily, walked all over him with his authority as a great God, cutesy of Van's efforts.

hillo315 likes this.
  3. IronKaiser25999

IronKaiser25999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When zuruwarn took the souls of the eight guidance Rod tried to stop him, zuruwarn only bit his finger, the issue is that Rod is oblivious to everything not related with reincarnation, and although the damage was very small he couldnt endure it because it was his first time

4. Blue_Minnow

Blue_Minnow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When Zuruwarn and Rodcort "fought", Rodcourt had immensely more power, he could hold Zuruwarn in one hand. When Zuru bit Rodcourt, it was like a bug bite. However, after living for millenia without taking ANY damage, getting hurt made Rodcourt recoil, letting Zuru go and letting him finish transporting Legion's soul.

In terms of raw god power, Rodcourt would be a super ultra great god in comparison to Alda. His reincarnation system has lasted since before Lambda existed and has many worlds in it, each which has developed and advanced to have billions of people, while Alda only has some hundred thousand worshipers. However, his personality and attitude, plus that his power is not a combat power, means that he is less a secret final boss and more cowardly mountain.

Rodcourt has been staked though, so if he gets used to being hurt and learns how to direct his strength efficiently, he could (theoretically) break free and descend on the Vidal empire to wipe them out so he can cut off Lambda, Origin and EARTH, and be done with Van. Whether that works or not...

5. RichardNova

RichardNova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am back after a long time, first things first, I once said Sirius was a female war god and after checking the chapters in mtl I've noticed it was just the dammed mtl Always translating him as "She " :facepalm:. My apologies and thanks for whoever pointed me out

I really wanna see it doing it though :blobowoevil_horns::blobpeek:

The main problem about defeating Guduranis was his acursed dawn barriers which greatly decreased the Great God's attacks, otherwise, Gudus would have been beat into a pup by Gampablio, Marduke, Zeno and Zantark.

I don't know where to see the author comments, may you quote or paste when he said Van is already stronger than a full ressurected Guduranis? I'd like to confirm if possible :aww:

Actually, there's still a difference between the bodies. Only Van main body is able to make more Demon King Familiars. It appears in one of the last chapters;

Van was searching for Zeno's remants in DK Continent while taking a look in Diana wearing the Giant Transformation Device when Bakunawa appears and aciddentaly steps on a DK Familiar completly crushing it, Van says it's brain is destroyed thus can't be healed, he needs to make a new one and appear there using World Binding Technique. An explanation about only his main body being able to create more Familiars is then made;

So, I think, even if his main body is sealed away all the DK Familiars he'd made up until now will keep functioning normaly with his conciousness existing whitin them.

That aside I, too, am looking forward for the last fight. There is a reasonable chance of Alda getting injuried in directly hit by Van thus weakning tremendously enough to be unable to keep all remaining Gudus soul fragments sealed with him and gets hijacked by Guduranis similar to Avalon;

Suplementing the lost soul part with what is left in Alda, ressurected Gudu [Core+Life+Reason+Emotion+Power+and any other non-mentioned part], way stronger than the time with Avalon, would either fight imediatly or try to quickly get was many body frags sealed in the Divine realm or forcefully take them from any Alda god ally nearby to resume his rematch as soon as possible. :blobfearful::sweating_profusely:

Bla8bla, hillo315 and Mesaphrom like this.
  6. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TLDR: Level8 Poochyena used Bite. Was not very effective. Level 100 Mega Rayquaza flinched.

Don't remember wether it was in the WN or WoG, but it was confirmed that Van was already stronger than Gudu, wether that was in terms of magical power, versatility (since Gudu's stronger skills were soul break (which was arc 3 Van slow), his barriers and his VIT) or plain old fire power is the actual question. It was mentioned than Van could have just OHKO Avalon-Gudu if he did not care that everything was destroyed though. Or if only Ketchup Man and Pals were there.

7. DieForMe

DieForMe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha so true!!!

8. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, it's been a while since I last sigged something.

This, and it's noteworthy that it's pretty much always the case for Van's fights. It's an interesting inversion of the classic escalation-style shonen fight ("THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM!", power level shenanigans, testosterone-filled screaming, etc., etc.). It sets Van apart from his most unscrupulous enemies, because he knows that he always has something to lose by fighting at full power. The only exception is the suicidal temper tantrum in Alda's dungeon, but Van was almost completely unburdened that time. (no weaker allies or innocents to get in the way, no political or social circumstances to interfere, etc.)

Bla8bla and Mesaphrom like this.
  9. RichardNova

Reading List:
    Link
    DON'T REMEMBER?! Bruh :blob_pout:!

Well, from what I remember Van could have defeated Avalon sooner, before 5CB appearing and screwing everything and ressurecting Guduranis, if he didn't care about the castle and the lives of those inside and near it then he could have defeated faster.

HOWEVER, It was impossible for Van K.O. Incomplete-Guduranis back then was u say. I'd read,if memory doesn't fail, from the characters summary that when fighting Gudu Van had to stop aiming at 5CB and focus in the bullet battle vs Guduranis, but if Gudus was fully ressurected it would have been the other way around.

Switching Topic, do everyone remember after when Van fought 5CB in Alda Dungeon? Van said that even if he had 50% more atributte values the result wouldn't have changed.

• VITALITY: 99, 221
    • MANA: 4, 363, 438, 160
    • STRENGHT: 13, 858
    • AGILITY: 9.649
    • STAMINA: 14, 407
    • INTELIGENCE:17, 256
    However, if Van had made a job change to DEMON KING JOB before Spirit Warrior he would have instantly leveled up and take the Spirit Warrior job a minute later.

• VITALITY: + 110, 525
    • MANA: + 1, 371, 958, 437
    • STRENGHT: + 13, 650
    • AGILITY: + 13, 695
    • STAMINA: + 14, 537
    • INTELIGENCE: + 17, 848
    If Van had undergone this job change sooner - it was avaiable since when job changing to magic cannoneer - his status, mana aside, would have been doubled:

• VITALITY: 209, 746
    • MANA: 5, 735, 396, 597
    • STRENGHT: 27, 508
    • AGILITY: 23, 344
    • STAMINA: 28, 937
    • INTELIGENCE: 35, 104
    Of course, there is also the bonuses to skills from DK job, Van Monstrous Strenght would be lv 2, Automatic mana Recover would also be higher as well as other skills levels.

Van may have be able to kill/destroy the 3 Holy Mother Killers (and their 3 heroic spirits) + Curatos and maybe more dungeon floors.

If lucky enough, he may have the time to seal Diana&Jeniffer souls with the help of his mother and Gufardgarn and escaping right away. If not the case, the 3 holy mother killers would still be killed, devored by Van anyway. :blob_coffee:

10. DieForMe

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, instead of rayquaza, rodiot should be a Gyarados lv100 with a splash move

11. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in fact it is something that all the rank S take into account, as you say it is not like many stories where nobody cares about collateral damage and they seem to even see with pride the level of destruction. Here Densuke in almost every arc shows examples of how the actions of Van and other characters, big or small, bring serious changes to society, the economy, the ecosystem and even geography. Examples such as interaction with the harpies are the possibility of economic reform and how the destruction of a small piece of the mountain range would leave a lot of monsters loose or leave the door open for an invasion.

12. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More like Magikarp to be honest.

13. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    I was going to say metapod, but even if it is a metapod it has defensive ability, Magikarp is the most suitable option, on the other hand, someone knows the Lisa saga, several enemies in this saga would be completely adequate, being giants with thousands of life points, but in at best they can just literally cry, try to moderate their opponent (which is deadly due to their monstrous stats) and try to move any of their stunted limbs. and the closer they are to their death, the weaker they become and begin to plead for mercy to their protagonists, who never pay attention to their pleas and simply kill them with coldness or with a clear delight.

Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  14. RichardNova

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd just give a look at the chapter in Trial of Zakkat and after it. Not only Demon King Job, Van could also have undergone the Demon Ruler job, instantly leveling up.

Spirit Warrior was Van 20° job, with Demon King & Demon Ruler Van would have 22 jobs before the fight against 5CB. :hmm:

If he'd undertake Demiurge as job as well, we may have be able to quickly lv up it with people praying, descending alter egos and defeating monsters. He may could have fought in Alda Dungeon with 23 job changes :blobhyperthink:

Well, I supose it would be too greedy and unreasonable to expect everything going so well as if Van would know beforehand which jobs to take.

I am looking forward your new, 52° job change, Van! :blobtaco::blobcozy::blobpopcorn:

Reman Scimitar, Bla8bla and hillo315 like this.
  15. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Van has so many divine jobs I want him to take. If the novel ends without me getting every possible shot of euphoria from the job changes, I’m gonna cry

16. RichardNova

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry zephyr, remember that the author sometimes makes time pass enough for Van to change job several times.

The time after the last battle in Botin Defense War Van has undergone 4 job changes (last one CLIPHTOP), the DK jobs level instantly, after the orbaum clinic arc Van got Demon Ruler and Spirit Therapist and before the battle vs Avalon he made job changes to Magic Wand Creator, Artisan: Transformation Device and Underworld God Mage... not to mention Dark Demon King, Manmaden & Soul Fighter jobs during Guduranis Fight as well as Vandalieu job, True Demon King and Yin Guider.

Reman Scimitar, Bla8bla and hillo315 like this.
  17. DieForMe

Reading List:
    Link
    Magicarp, then in the climax may evolve into gyarados then mega evolve by using the mega guduranisite

18. DieForMe

Reading List:
    Link
  19. DieForMe

Reading List:
    Link
    Eiseeeeeeeeen!!!!!!

20. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    and after many bets, the Yggdrasil in the end turned out to be, Eisen, on the other hand I wait for Heiro to be able to understand the 30% of the chapter that I could not understand.

Reman Scimitar, DieForMe and hillo315 like this.