Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    After what alda did to God from Vida's Faction, did you think Botin will only look.

hillo315, Eddy andres and proton51097 like this.
  2. Rafaelbz

Rafaelbz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

She declares neutrality after she wakes up, but after that more than one time she gets shocked in how Alda rule the world, for example how after she sends an Oracle to one of her believes, he gets imprisoned thanks to Alda influence, and Now Alda is basically, punishing gods, release Evil gods and using Demon Lord fragments, i really doubt that she still neutral

Bla8bla, hillo315, sirin423 and 2 others like this.
  3. hidefreek

hidefreek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I has an idea who will govern over light.
    If Van know Bellwood Mental condition Maybe can help Bell-kun.
    An idea, What If the remnant of Heinz fusion with PSTD Bell and put this combine soul to Heinz mortal body.
    A New God who born to aton for his mistake and Alda just makes him "retire"
    Perharp this way has some room for Van to reconsider.
    Van hates Heinz to the bone but as the author said If Heinz himself runaway and didn't join the war, everything will be fine (Van has no time to pursuit Heinz who loses the will to fight)

hillo315 likes this.
  4. toxinpsd

toxinpsd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just thought of random fanfic idea where kanako gets bored and want to explore other worlds with vans spreading the magical girl path and the first world is DXD. Kanako and serafall would be best friend!

Nimitz, hillo315 and proton51097 like this.
  5. KronosTime31

KronosTime31 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's densuke up to these days? Why still no new chapter? Haha

hillo315 likes this.
  6. proton51097

proton51097 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ok new discussion what court rank would the kings of vidal have if this were a normal empire.

hillo315 likes this.
  7. milannesta

milannesta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depending on Empire or Region, i would say either Duke or Vassal King. Smaller tribes may become Marquises. I personally don't think Van will care much about hierarchy so i bet he will just make them all Dukes/Vassal Kings

hillo315 and proton51097 like this.
  8. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone have Densuke Twitter?

Death mage books are quite thick

I inly found the ilustrator and Mangaka bruh

Attached Files:

hillo315 likes this.
  9. LokiTheAccursed

LokiTheAccursed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Surya89

Surya89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's......kinda rushed:(:(:(.
    But still we've got a new chapter.
    Alda,IdiotCorte,Bellwood and self-centered Heinz has died for good.:blobparty::blobparty::blobparty:
    Revenge completed...but Van got a lot of extra works since he officially become a new god in Lambda:blobjoy::blobjoy:.

Need more a screen time for Van and his beloved mama.:blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:

hillo315 and Bla8bla like this.
  11. Culaio

Culaio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So if I understand correctly Van couldnt get light divinity because it was incompatible ?

If thats correct than I wonder why that is, I mean I know death attribute is not compatible with other attributes but if I remember correctly Van did get in the past divinities related to attributes he shouldnt be compatible with, like divinity of thunder god, which granted him skill Spirit Form Transformation: Lightning, shouldnt he get in that case Spirit Form Transformation: Light or something ?

12. Wannabe-shutin

Wannabe-shutin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In most magic systems I read about lightning is either its own separate attribute or belongs to the wind attribute

hillo315 likes this.
  13. Culaio

Culaio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe you are correct about it being part of wind attribute, it was long since I last read story but when fitun was possesing Hajime he had "Lightning God Magic" skill, but among his skills there was no wind attribute magic even though he had wind attribute mage among his jobs which means that "Lightning God Magic" skill is simply awakened version of wind attribute magic like hell king magic is awakend version of death attribute magic.

But honestly that doesnt really matter what attribute lightning is related to because Van is incompatible with EVERY attribute except death attribute, which means that thunder god divinity and god of light divinity should be treated same, either he should be able to get both or neither and yet he could get divinity related to one attribute but not the other.

14. Mathio

Mathio Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, in the last chapter, it is over? Vandalieu won? It is the end of the story? Arda, Heinz and Rodcorte are destroyed.

hillo315 and proton51097 like this.
  15. vannn

vannn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Felt like Densuke wrapped up a bunch of hanging plot threads at once, made it feel rushed.

"oh yeah zuwaran(?) was already dismantling rodcorte's reincarnation circle by the time van showed up, he was also there to confer alda to the shadow realm, how convenient!"

I honestly thought we'd get more of the other worlds that Rodcorte had control of, and maybe another antagonist but that ship was sunk in one chapter. No more Braves coming to Lambda either if the reincarnation circles are now separate from each other. Pretty much end game from here on, not that it's much of a surprise.

Found it funny though that even after all this time and effort, Vandelieu's spite runs so deep it actually saved Heinz's spirit from being consumed and annihilated. Van doesn't even want Heinz’s unconscious soul near him, lol.

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  16. xacual

xacual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Densuke kind of failed to make this last arc have any stakes when it was clear from the outset that Van’s side completely and utterly outmatched Alda’s. Though that’s kind of been a problem all story long. Van’s side has constantly been in the upper hand in every encounter. The closest thing to a disadvantaged fight was the unexpected fight in Alda’s dungeon.

There was no way Alda could turn the situation around especially once he did the bonehead move of descending onto Heinz.

Only thing that makes no sense to me is Zuruwarn being able to mess with a reincarnation circle.

17. sirin423

sirin423 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but, only a small fragment

hillo315, vannn and Eddy andres like this.
  18. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We all agree that this should have been at least two chapters instead of one, the curse of haste hit Densuke, because, because 90% of Japanese authors suffer from this curse, including some of the good authors.

but removing this gigantic hit, it was not bad, the first part I felt that it was bigger than it should, but I do not feel that it was too much, in the end, it was something extremely important to clarify, that even if it is only 5% of the population of origins the one that adores him, it should continue to be more than the total population of Lambda, which is an amazing power boost, also I look forward to a new extra chapter of origins, to see the return home and how the world will react, Will they be offended by the presence of otherworldly invaders - or relieved as well as terrified that not one but several of the greatest mysteries in human history would be revealed.

About the fight, there is not much to say, this fight was arranged even without the power of the souls, because Heinz, Bellwood and Alda were in different worlds, Bellwood refused to face Alda for being completely wrong And just He cared about protecting Heinz (although I would like some last internal thoughts from Bellwood) and Alda wanted first and foremost that Bellwood would survive, so he was willing to sacrifice everything, especially Heinz, thus leaving Heinz like a rag doll. Even if I get tired of the cliche of "and everyone gave their part for", at least, instead of being for a final technique for a great attack or an absurd increase in power, it simply made Vandeliu immune to the Alda's technique, due to a loophole, there is no better way to defeat a god of law.

On the subject of zuruwarm and the gods, I did not think it was bad, just, I need more accumulation, because the part of zuruwarm entering the Robcorte temple and negotiating with the other gods, is basically he had been doing half a series, the only thing that Missing is the moment of his meeting with Adam and how they did to separate the system so quickly, or do for example that it was not now that I started this talk and they have been preparing this for the last months of the war, which would make sense because it would explain the The absence of zuruwam in all this last arc would do well with the fact that it was highlighted to us some chapters ago that the angels were basically alone, for now it is too fast, but it can be easily clarified in the following chapters, also, always remember, that the robcorte system is automated and simplified that even robcorte can use it, which means that any being with a conscience should be able to do it with time and correct instructions.

About the deaths, what do I have to say, not counting that of Bellwood that I feel that I would like to have heard his last thoughts, I liked them, Robcorte died saying what the first chapter should have done and that at this point in the story, doing it is An idiocy worthy of him, with the plus that until the end, being an idiot took its toll on him and Van behaved like a hungry animal that has hardly eaten in weeks, he thought about it for a moment and then I devour him with pleasure. Alda's, the one I was waiting for, fast, but painful, very painful and cruel, so much so that I don't even want to imagine it, the only thing missing is to have the other gods present and hopefully the new Alda will be a more pleasant subject.

And finally, Heinz's, I would also have liked a monologue, but I feel that it was appropriate, because it respects Van's infinite hatred and disgust as well as his kind and fair nature, and at least a part of He will continue to live, a new life, much more than I can say for many throughout history.

And one more meh is that there was too much silence from everyone, both on Alda's and Van's side, but we have to wait for the next chapter, and now that things have relaxed, Densuke, more calm, can give it a slower closure.

and I am very anxious for some daily chapters, and to see the closing of some arcs and characters now that there is no conflict, I especially want to see what will become addicted to battle like Borkus, Vigaro or Godwin, maybe a federation of fights, or finally , for the good of their daughters, they will settle down.

hillo315 likes this.
  19. vannn

vannn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the last suspenseful fight was with Fitun, but even then he was already approaching Godhood. I was hoping anticipating a significant turn since van had long since broken the power scale, but I think Densuke fumbled the conclusion. Still a good story, but it seems like he didn't have an ending in mind.

I hope overlord at least has a satisfying end, maybe even within the decade!

hillo315 likes this.
  20. Truciderete

Truciderete Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well he didn't really mess with it. What he did was contact worlds that were tied with Rodcrote and worlds that have reincarnation Gods and mediate a solution to get them off Rodcrote's system. Then with the help of Rodcrote's angel Izumi they broke up the system to smaller systems to manged by reincarnation gods with the intent of worlds without reincarnation gods to form their own system witch will take Tens of thousands of years.

So Zurmwarn was basically the transport and communication while Izumi was the one who actually messed with the reincarnation circle.

Either way it seemed to happen way to fast and was definitely felt like an after thought in the chapter to give an excuse for why Vann can kill Rodcrote.