Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Van Skill i like to become superior skill
    Dark King Magic: Level 9 -> Great Dark King Magic.
    Magic Resistance: Level 9 -> Magic Nulfication.
    Enhanced Agility: Level 9 -> augmented Agility.
    Enhanced Physical Ability (Hair, Claws, Fangs, Tongue): Level 9 -> Augmented Physical Ability (Hair, Claws, Fangs, Tongue)
    Mana Enlargement: Level 9 -> Mana Expansion.
    Mana Recovery Rate Increase: Level 9 -> Great Mana Recovery Rate
    Strengthened Attack Power while Firing Magic Cannon: Max -> Augmented Attack Power while Firing Magic Cannon: Small
    Coordination: Level 10 -> Massive Coordination.
    Commanding: Level 10 -> Massive Commanding.
    Throwing: Level 10 -> Demon King Throwing technique.
    Scream: Level 8 -> Soul destroying Roar.
    Armour technique: Level 10 -> Demon King Armor technique.
    Shield technique: Level 10 -> Demon King Shield technique.
    Abyss: Level 10 -> Deep Abyss (for reference sake "Lord Abyss")

All Demon King technique probaly become Great Demon King technique.. I hope Van suprass limit didn't become superior skill.

hillo315 likes this.
  2. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "(So gods of the space attribute were here? Seems we'll have to be careful if we want to try using [Teleport] to escape after all.)"

Uh, so, nothing that new. At best it implies Van did all this just to see if there were any space attribute gods taking part in the blockade. :sweating_profusely:

Wannabe-shutin and hillo315 like this.
  3. Claus

Claus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not quoting "Shiva" for his trident, but because he is known as "the destroyer", "he who destroys to create something new" and "the renovator" or "the transformer", just as "Rudra" is known as "the roaring".
    Shiva is a god of destruction, and his trident is used to destroy human ignorance, the trishula, every tip of his trident has a meaning, which are: tamas (inertia), rajas (movement) and sattva (balance) . Also carrying a serpent, which represents that he overcame death, becoming an immortal (there are more things but that's what I want to cite).
    Rudra is the god of storms and thunders (remember someone?), Also being the god of the hunt.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    hillo315 likes this.
  4. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe they become Kingdom Coordination and Kingdom Commanding? Or maybe Believers Coordination and Comanding? And as long as Abyss doensn't become Abyssgate the everything will be alright.

Was not Shiva also The God of Freaking Eye Lasers too? If I remember right it was Kartikeya who have this increadibly good idea of shooting an arrow into Shiva's third eye, only for Shiva to eye laser him and three of his sons' fortresses in retaliation.

Claus and hillo315 like this.
  5. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    The Shiva job should appear as soon as Van learns how to use a trident. To me, it seems that Van has the role of Shiva down pat, except for choice of weapon.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  6. Bakanogami

Bakanogami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "So there really were space-time gods after all.We'll have to be careful when we retreat using [Teleport]."

He's just watching them from afar with a bug-type familiar and confirming the space time gods that they speculated about earlier in the chapter. They can delay teleport-type abilities and track where they teleported from, making it dangerous to rely on those abilities for hit-and-run tactics.

hillo315 likes this.
  7. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Van already have that so only spear.

hillo315 likes this.
  8. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about special force in empire , Royal Coordination and Royal Commanding.

hillo315 likes this.
  9. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope Van give tittle to his Subordinate.

10. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    WHY HE HAVE NOT DONE THIS!? As Emperor/King/Holy Son/Demi-god he could easily give more Titles to everyone. The only ones I remember were Isla and Eleanora (I think).

11. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    Giving titles to his subordinates simply never occurred to Van. Of course, some of them have titles anyway, but titling his subordinates directly would be far more efficient.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  12. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, he technically gave one to Isla, but it was more him changing the target of the Title she already had (Hound) to himself. Imagine if he gave a Title to people like Vorkus or Zadiris, they are after all a military official and the royal mage of Talosheim.

hillo315 likes this.
  13. mai.rain

mai.rain Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if Zadiris got a title it would likely be [The Eternal Princess] with her still hoping to upgrade it queen stats.

14. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if i should happy or sad that Zadiris Loli element got stronger, well as long as many people or Van and gods didn't give that tittle to Zadiris i think she safe. But it's make Me sure that Zadiris is the one who taking Van V-card.

hillo315 and Claus like this.
  15. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know? I don't know WHY it took me so long to put the pieces together, but I think the reason Zadira may have initially gotten the title of princess may have to do with the fact that she is around 7 years old on a cellular/DNA level due to Van's age reversal on her. Remember, after he first reversed Telleah's (?) age when she was getting too old to work the armor correctly, Zadiris started complaining about something or other and teasing Van, and he decided to get revenge by reversing her cellular age back to the fetal stage.

Of course, this is easy to forget since age reversal cannot reduce your physical development to below your prime age, which for female ghouls is the age at which they first got pregnant, so she still looks 14. And, of course, her chronological age is over 300 now. However, since she got Van riled up that day around 7-8 years ago, she was actually younger than a newborn on a cellular level which means that now on the cellular level she is only about 7.

In other words, not a single thing about Zadira's age matches up, but 2 out of the 3 are quite young, so that's enough to have her considered a princess despite the most important out of the three being past the natural lifespan of her species.

hillo315 likes this.
  16. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Err... Ok, how recently did you read through the series? Except for Tarea's name, and maybe the exact amount of time that has passed since Van went ahead and reduced Zandia's celular age, every last aspect of what I said (including that she got pregnant at 14, not 17, thus the reason she actually gets something of a lack of respect from the other ghouls despite her being the elder) was correct. Perhaps you need to re-read the series. The age reversal is only removing age from the cells, it cannot reduce a person's age to below their prime with the age-reversal technique alone. He would have to add additional cell-destruction techniques in order to reverse them to an age younger than their prime.

The reason he stopped at her physical age (at first) is that he basically figured that was enough. As for why it was reduced all the way down to pre-birth stage seems to essentially be because the author wanted to insert an odd gag, as this feature has not really gone anywhere until potentially just now.

(Also, if you are justifying that she got the princess title because she is a loli, 17 is not a loli, so your own misconceptions don't even jive with one another. 14 can be called a loli, but as soon as you hit 16 you are not in that range anymore. Also, Zandiris is the titan princess of Talosheim. I believe the Ghoul elder's name is spelled Zandia, but I could be mistaken on the exact spelling. It was something like that. I just know that Zandiris is definitely a completely different person.)

hillo315 likes this.
  17. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    You didn't just butcher Zadiris. You swapped their names. If it's any consolation, they do sound very similar.

Dang it, minor characters! Stop being unmemorable! *Shakes fist skyward in frustration* And what's with all the weird names? At least 2 z names, 2 Gordons, and countless unpronounceable evil gods!

18. Culaio

Culaio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you guys think bloodrule skill will have some impact on Van's physiology ? I remember that it was said early in story that drinking blood strengthens vampiric side of vampire/dhampir, which is why van was at first worried about drinking blood, that he would gain vampire weakness to sunlight

While I am big fan of van's death magic, spirit/soul related abiltiies and demon king abilties, I am disappointed that van's vampiric abilties were left in the background, it would be cool of van gained more vampire abilities.

hillo315 likes this.
  19. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    His superhuman strength,Sunlight resistance, hand to hand combat are come from his father Vampire line though and Van magic resistance and archery(possible) come from her mother Dark elves.
    Edit his rapid regeneration too come from Vampire line

hillo315 likes this.
  20. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. The issue of blood drinking strengthening his vampiric side was just a baseless guess/fear that Van held and was not confirmed by any resident of Lamba. I do not know if it was ever actually confirmed or denied, but it's not something to go on for saying that this is a reality.

2. As @Nakakure said, Van's status resistance, regeneration, superhuman strength, hand-to-hand combat (specifically combat with his claws) and sunlight resistance are all from his vampiric side, and every single one of these abilities has been very well utilized and every single one of them have also become transcendent skills. His status resistance has even evolved twice and become status effect nullification.

His regeneration was also highly utilized not only in combat, but the way that he healed people in the refugee villages was by using his death magic to extend his soul into the injured person. Extending his soul into them allowed them to share his vampiric regeneration ability, which was strong enough by that point to be mistaken for actual healing magic. Now that it's leveled into super-fast regeneration, he ought to be able to even bring people back from the brink of death with this ability if he were to employ it again.

(Actually, this is something of a plot-hole. Couldn't Van have just healed the people with missing limbs by sharing his super-fast regeneration with them? I can understand it for Juliana since her mind was broken along with her missing limbs, but for the other two it would have been a fine solution. This might have been covered at the time though, I recall that Darcia's superior healing abilities couldn't heal them, I might have missed something due to MTL that explained Van's regeneration ability not working either. Then again, it could also have been Van just wanting to play mad scientist with them. It is mentioned that he has a very abnormal way of thinking, so maybe he just figured giving them his special artificial limbs would be stronger than regenerating their natural limbs.)

hillo315 likes this.