Discussion Least favorite novel ending(s)?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by animefan217, Jul 4, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Or just an ending you hate.

AmyzingAmy likes this.
  2. DeirdreH

DeirdreH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ones where either the translator or the author drops the series. Those are the worst endings.

3. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't recall the exact novel(s) but one where the entire book is around ecchi harem building, but then they end up leaving each girl behind soon after and the novel just ends with them being completely alone.

4. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not exactly the same, but I get peeved when they do settle on a girl but it's the one with the least personality.

...and the other, more interesting, girls get ditched.

5. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    i forgot the name but the ending was about him giving up all of his cultivation and that novel which just love to put the mc into the bad side of the road from beginning to end, why cant he just be happy for once fck

Muspon, Araenn, Return and 1 other person like this.
  6. Matteus

Matteus [潜んでいる] [Com Fome]

Reading List:
    Link
    Rushed endings.
    I always avoid JP modern day harem novels because I know I'm gonna hate the ending, my favorite girl is never the chosen one, it's always some annoying blonde tsundere...
    Endings that are not endings. It's usually found in xianxia novels

Zone Q11, Krr1ss, ace2002 and 8 others like this.
  7. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Feels thats every good novel.

Wujigege likes this.
  8. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't know. I have never finished a novel on here.

I sort of read the end of World of Cultivation but it's more of a non ending

9. Hatchi

Hatchi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A Monster Who Levels Up

jason3893, Reak, Zomula and 2 others like this.
  10. waleuska

waleuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that is why i rather have a harem ending. It seems authors loves picking the worst girl. I love a tsundere she loses. I like the quite girl, she loses. Ect... I rather MC gets with everyone so no disappointment.

Sabruness, TamaSaga and Matteus like this.
  11. Matteus

Matteus [潜んでいる] [Com Fome]

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, a wise man with wise choices

TamaSaga likes this.
  12. Return

Return Ṩ͢͢͢aℽonara

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate mushoku tensei for giving me a death ending , I hate the legend of sun knight as it ended and after that I hate no endings as there are no conclusion endings in manga it is everyday btw I read Chevalier of abyss prequel manga it have one of the worst a cliffhanger ending just like the breaker and the breaker:new waves and I hate other novels endings with he got with every girl and then got a very long side stories that have nothing but daily chitchat as in that edgy mc from aufurats whatever its name more like I never finish a novel except everyone else is returnee its ending is manageable but I hate farewells as the ending of Lord of mysteries is more like part 1 conclusion

Zone Q11 and ace2002 like this.
  13. yorozuyaginchan

yorozuyaginchan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like Sovereign of the Three Realms i suppose

MC miraculously powers up and becomes stronger than the adversary he's currently facing and defeats them. Looking at you,
    Coiling Dragon

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2020
    ace2002 likes this.
  14. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Open ending which the author say the rest is your imagination

15. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    My most hated ending type is the rushed ending.
    Like Kanzen Kaihi Healer no Kiseki where just after:
    The MC and the two friends he was summoned with go back to Earth, say hello to their folks and go back to the other world. (They had only been gone a month or so, but spent a year and a half-ish in the other world?)
    It is revealed what was speculated really early on that the female friend is really is part of a influential "Family". It is revealed that the male friend's single mother said that if he has friends over on the other side that he should go be with them. It is revealed that the MC has a whole family, but we don't see or hear of them at all in the short few hours that he is back to Earth.
    So, they go back, say a few words, and suddenly it's THE END of the novel after they return.
    Like, what? Where's the rest of the story? Why have them return to nothing happening? Why reveal the real world to just toss it in the bin? Where's the reveal of the fates? What's with the hidden helper character, what's their deal? Nothing.

Then there's a single Side Story after-story, where the MC takes the Elf companion he's been with for almost the whole time in the other side to Earth and they enjoy a date.
    All that's written is how they visit his room, how they change clothes to normal clothes with her wearing a white dress then them heading out to a hotel dessert buffet.
    On the way there, Lucia is surprised by the differences of the worlds, thinking the underground railways could possibly be dungeons, other cliches etc.
    Once there, the MC is shown to be jealous of people looking at her so he pulls her closer by the shoulder, a quick "surprise/embarrassment" response and they continue to eat the deserts.
    THE END #2
    I really hate that kind of nonsense.

16. CrazedCookies

CrazedCookies A Cookie!

Reading List:
    Link
    When they hype up the final battle/final mystery only for it to be not as good as previous battle or a very simple conclusion to the mystery. (final battle of Air Gear, the "drug" in [switch], Naraku's true identity in Inuyasha)

17. ZachB

ZachB Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novels with rush ending for example.u Undefeated god of war

Reak likes this.
  18. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I always come back to the same two books for this one:

护花铃 by Gu Long
    The story finally comes down to the big confrontation with the main villain as he shows up in person for the first time. He's been built up for a long time and we've seen all the damage that his subordinates can do so there's a certain tension to how this moment will play out. End result? Nothing - there's no confrontation, there's no fight, the story just ends (and in about 5 pages). What happened was the Gu Long got tired of writing this book and moved on to his next one. One of these days I'm going to hunt down the person who recommended this to me.

The Legend of Chu Qiao
    The story was quite good up until the halfway mark, and it was still pretty decent up until the 3/4 mark. But then the story gives up all of its potential in favor of worshiping its male lead. Apparently the ideal guy is the one who murders your brother, mutilates and then murders your sister, and imprisons and tortures your other sister. Man, why aren't there more guys like that out there? And who cares about all sorts of interesting themes that have been built up and left fallow when you can just replace it with lovey-dovey with the ideal guy?

For a book to have a really bad ending it has to first be good and engaging up until deep into story. A bad ending for a bad book is nothing, it require real disappointment and a complete failure on the writer's part to get that proper stinker of an ending.

Muspon and Sabruness like this.
  19. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    ISSTH , fucking ends up with the least interesting girl in the story. I liked the demoness that referred to herself as a 'bad-ass bitch'.

yorozuyaginchan and TamaSaga like this.
  20. GoneGretel

GoneGretel Sequence 8: Student of Ratiocination

Reading List:
    Link
    endings that don't make sense... those were allbthe build-ups were meant for.. nothing

Sabruness likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.