LCD Legend of Concubine’s Daughter Minglan

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jkmessah, Dec 8, 2016.

1. kuu0haku

kuu0haku [ ]

Reading List:
    Link
    The drama is called The Story of Ming Lan.

This chapter shows the thoughts of every person and frankly I was surprised by Rulan's analysis, I didn't expect her to be so clear headed, did she learn from her mother's failures? because I didn't think she was always so... so clear headed. I also felt that Wang shi still wanted to push minglan in liang's household, or what was she up to when she asked minglan those questions?

Kalmaegi and GrimVeilRule like this.
  2. Eddie1080

Eddie1080 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. there is a TV show named 知否知否 应是绿肥红瘦. In the drama, there are very famouse Chinese actors and actresses, like Zhao Liying, Feng Shaofeng, Zhu Yilong and many others. And do you know what? The actor for Gu Tingye and the actress for Minglan got married in real life after this TV show, also they already have their baby, hahahaha. We can see this on Tencent or Youku, but you may try to search on Youtube.

Pachia and Kalmaegi like this.
  3. Kalmaegi

Kalmaegi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Concubine Lin is now finished. And hmm, trouble with Minglan's supposed to be in-laws? Whoever that Concubine Cao and her daughter is anyway...:hmm:

4. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that's pretty shameless of madam Cao. Trying to pass off a used women to snare He Hongwen. He Hongwen's mother is also a weak idiot for basically submitting to her. I fear the ship has been torpedoed and it's just a question of if it will sink or not. :hmm::blobwoah::blobunsure:

Kalmaegi likes this.
  5. Magicwafflez

Magicwafflez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ah~ i knew they sounded familiar, hong'er brings them up when he and minglan talk in ch 45
    He Hongwen smiled and comforted, “You are still too young. With enough practice, you’ll sure get better at it. My cousin Jin’er is most apt at embroidering and she made it by practicing day after day.” Minglan touched her fingers and asked casually, “Oh? Does she also in Jinling?”

He Hongwen’s face turned gloomy, “No. A few years ago, her father was found guilty due to the ‘Xiaoliangshan Mine case’ and the whole family was exiled to Liangzhou.”

Minglan stopped talking. A few years ago, several hundreds of miners were killed in the collapse of Xiaoliangshan Mine. Unexpected was that the mine owner colluded with the local officials and embezzled much of the consolation money. Even more outrageous, the mine owner accused the workers’ wives and children, almost provoking public anger and causing a serious blunder.

The emperor hit the roof after hearing the news, though he knew this was the aftermath of emperor-seizing. However, he could only punish those officials who championed this event. As for the accomplices, fear was their punishment. Therefore, only a few officials were condemned in this event. To He Hongwen’s surprise, his cousin’s family fell victim of it.

“Since they are only exiled, I suppose the charge is anything but a felony. Otherwise, they would be decapitated. After all, there will be nationwide amnesty. I believe your cousin will be pardoned and get back home someday.” Minglan comforted. As long as the crime one committed was not felony, the law-offenders would be pardoned upon the new emperor’s accession to the throne. Besides, all people around the country knew that the emperor was living counting his days left.”

He Hongwen was grateful towards Minglan’s good intention. After a while, he responded, “My maternal uncle did do something wrong at that time, so he wasn’t wronged and deserved the punishment, yet it would be best that they could be pardoned.”

SM3LLY and Kalmaegi like this.
  6. Novels For You

Novels For You Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like this kind of novel,something slice of life. I feel very dedicated when reading this story, which makes me very happy... Smart Minglan

7. Kalmaegi

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't believe Minglan's maid compared Molan to a latrine! Savage. :blobjoy:

8. Novels For You

Novels For You Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Old Madam Sheng is so nice to Minglan. I'm so happy to see poor little Minglan has such a grandma to look after her, to teach her and tries to arrange a great marriage for her.

9. Kalmaegi

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder when we'll get to see GTY again. I actually kinda miss him.

10. Alok Tinker

Alok Tinker Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I miss him too, can't wait to see how he engage with Ming Lan. Btw, it seemed Gu Ting Ye is older than Ming Lan. Anybody remembers how many years?

11. kimberlyba

kimberlyba Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's said that Gu Ting Ye is 10 years older than Minglan when they get married. And when they marry, Minglan is just 15 years old, sooo young.

Kalmaegi likes this.
  12. pokapoka

pokapoka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me what is the deal with Cao Jinxiu, He Hongwen and their mothers? Are they going to create troubles for Minglan?

Magicwafflez likes this.
  13. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    ... what do you mean, "what's the deal"?
    like... why are we at this point or what will happen?

14. pokapoka

pokapoka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like what will happen?

15. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    no, they won't cause trouble for minglan. she doesn't end up marrying him, so it's not her problem. and anyway, he hongwen's grandma puts her foot down on their bullshit anyway, because the cao family would be a poison to whatever legitimate marriage he gets.

there will be some awesome logical take downs by minglan tho, while we think she'll marry him.

she later finds out her husband orchestrated this whole thing to piss Old Madam Sheng off, so she'd be more receptive to marrying her favorite granddaughter to him. xD when i say "orchestrated" i mean, originally the Cao family would have taken longer to get there and minglan would have had to deal with this shit as a married woman, with now way out... now tho, she dodged a bullet instead~

megane.no.megami and Sabruness like this.
  16. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    ... is this ch gonna be 3 parts? because as it stands she still hasn't said the title thing?

kuu0haku likes this.
  17. Eddie1080

Eddie1080 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, this is Minglan in the drama. She is absolutely what Minglan should be like in my heart. [​IMG]

18. Anna7

Anna7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In ancient times, Minglan is really a lucky girl who can meet her true lover, even though this is not so fluent. Please describe more interactions between Minglan and Gu Tingye.

19. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, Rulan caught in the act with a 'Brother Jing'... dundunDUN!!!!

Scandal incoming!

20. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    wow~ lots of chs~
    that was satisfying~

kuu0haku likes this.