Spoiler Legend of Concubine’s Daughter Minglan

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Dec 11, 2016.

1. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhh I see!!!! ...thank you so much!!

I was thinking about ml and his first wife that didn't want to accept ma niang as a concumbine

How did Minglan figure out that his first wife cheated? ...also what was the first wife's family reaction when she revealed it?

Also couldn't she just have closed her fu's doors until she gave birth? ( With the excuse that she was unwell) ...or wait for hubby to come home and deal with everything

2. Eers

Eers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah the ML never wanted to take her home as a concubine. But the Yu family and Minglan have some connection I think they are relatives of the Sheng family and were friends while in Dengzhou and Minglan helped deal with Man Niang then. I can't remember the details of why Man Niang was there or why Minglan helped deal with things it was kinda inconsequential other than to say Minglan knew of Man Niang beforehand so when she randomly met ML she had stuff to talk to him about.

Hmm basically Minglan went full Sherlock Holmes mode here. So the Yu family came one day and explained their intentions, Minglan was heavily pregnant at this time. She claimed she was sick to prevent the issue from being pressed too much. When Minglan retreated she was all like they don't seem confident, in fact they seem nervous, even scared. There must be a reason! then she questioned the 1st wife's maid who was in the Fu at this time but she didn't give an answer. Then she talked to one of the ML's Jianghu friends to ask what happened during the time the 1st wife died. Nothing was concrete but Minglan deduced things weren't right because of the ML out of character actions at the time. She guessed there was something wrong with the pregnancy and what could be wrong she was kina scared to guess at but had a rough idea.

So she went in the next day all Poker faced ready to bluff people's pants off and she was like, are you sure you want to press this issue? We all know what happened to Ms Yu and the True details of the pregnancy! and the Yu family was shitting their pants and were all like Ok Ok boss my bad!

Elementary my dear Watson! Elementary!

Two reasons, One is she's a high ranking noble family with obligations. She can't just close the Fu especially as the people living at the fu at the time were the 1st branch widow & daughter, 3rd branch family. If she does do that she admits to not being able to attend to duties of the Fu and would have to hand power of the Fu's public money and management to one of the other branches. God knows what would happen then.

Two, the stepmother is the one who brought most of these people in sort of bypassing Minglan's outer court so it was harder to reject.

3. nileven24

nileven24 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone give me a link to I read the novel in English, please

4. zloi medved

zloi medved Well-Known Green Tea Bitch

Reading List:
    Link
    nileven24 likes this.
  5. XiaoSha

XiaoSha Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    anybody has link which i can google translate it easily

6. nenuphar

nenuphar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For that, it's easy. You go to the novel updates page where there is info about the novel, you copy the chinese title (in this case it's 庶女· 明兰传 or 海棠依舊 , there is differents titles...) then you search on google, normally in the first choices there are the raws. You can do that with every kind of novels :)
    Anyway i found some raws for you: http://www.luoxia.com/minglan/

XiaoSha and Ran ahzu like this.
  7. XiaoSha

XiaoSha Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you give me an easier way than i did before. and you even give me A LINK! omg im so thankful for this. thankyou @nenuphar ❤️

8. potatofriez

potatofriez [The Legendary Friez!]

Reading List:
    Link
    what do you mean on new voices? :)

I've just watched the trailer, and I'm excited to watch it~~~

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  9. Eers

Eers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most Chinese Dramas don't use the original actors voices for the characters, a separate VA dubs the show. The reason is coz regional dialects in China are not endearing like in the States, Texan accent etc. but rather they're kinda unintelligible. This drama is going to use the original cast's voice, which some ppl like better. Sometimes dubbed voices can come off cheesy *shrug*

stumblmer likes this.
  10. cheeks

cheeks Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the drama starts today! finally!
    i really, really hope the storyline don’t deviate too much from the novel though... most chinese drama adaptations always had its original storyline altered and/or added to a point where it’s so much more enjoyable for me to read the novels instead (transmigration aspects aside, of course, censorship and all that)

Ran ahzu likes this.
  11. Alina Moktan

Alina Moktan LaLisa Stole My Heart

Reading List:
    Link
    Look like you going to disappoint,
    Novel line is change, In novel, mc is lazy and didn't take revenge and is favor by grandma and later father. In drama minglan take revenge for death of her mother concubine and is less fovar. Drama sound more scheming and survival

12. Igemona

Igemona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is Daylight Entertainment. They always make quality dramas, so I will watch it anyway.

13. cheeks

cheeks Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh boy... that sounds depressing already T.T wish someone can pick up the novel translation :(
    but the cinematography looks really good so i’m going to give it a go

14. iampheng

iampheng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've probably read whatever has been translated a few times because I enjoy the novel that much. The drama has a slightly diff feel...but I'm super glad they kept Governess Kong!!

15. Dioning

Dioning Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers. What would happen to the maid servant of the elder brother wife after she opened the door ?? Would they know that it was her and would their relathionship with the sister in law worsen ??

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  16. Eers

Eers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Sister-in-law= Minglan was never close to the sister in law but she was cordial. When the killers entered the house the sister in law ran and hid with her daughter. Her daughter was good friends with MingLan's adopted daughter (ManNiang's daughter that she threw away) so when her mum asked her to hide she brought her along. MingLan's adopted daughter also brought along Minglan's son to hide hence why the son survived. But the sister-in-law never had the intention of saving her kid so Minglan was less genuine with her after this but she was still thankful towards the daughter so they sorta maintained status quo.

2.Maid= Yes they find out it is her, I can't remember her outcome but I'm pretty sure she is killed. The reason the sister-in-law's maid did it was because she was the dowry maid of the sister in law that was given to the ML's 1st brother as a concubine. She was resentful of sister-in-law because she was still young and didnt want to be married to a sick person who would die at any time and after he died she needed to be 'faithful to her memory'. The ML's step-mother promised that once she becomes the head of the family and the ML and MC die she will let the maid marry out. Once MingLan found the reason she was all like... wtf why didn't you tell me I could've discussed it with sister-in-law and sorted it out but you made your choice so... OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!

17. KIMMY B

KIMMY B Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wat chapter was this in Raws when she give birth to first born?

18. Idling01

Idling01 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone give me a link for the Google translate. I seen the tv series. I want to read the book itself faster than waiting.

19. Mintzu

Mintzu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Check the nenupar's post above?

Anyway, I tried a few episodes of the drama and sigh..... I can't go on... same as when I watched weiyang

In the drama:
    - I have no idea what minglan is thinking. Idk whether it's only the early episodes but most of the episodes are focused on other characters instead of minglan herself

- I keep waiting for the time she shed her foolish self but nope not happening

- she met ML in her childhood. They had a good moment going. But when ML grew up, he got together with his mistress outside and had 2 kids (like wth man....). No further relationship whatsoever with minglan so far.

-in the novel, qinghe and minglan's love relationship is not clear (at least in the translated chapter). In the drama,qinghe actively chasing her by giving her gifts etc while minglan accepted his gifts and gave them to his sister.

- if I am not wrong, ML also bff with minglan's bro and they took a class together in sheng household.

If anything, I salute the acting of child!minglan in the drama. The concubine Liu and molan in the drama also pissed me off. Good acting.

I like qinghe's actor but his role here seems very flat...

alexfilia, stumblmer and JimmyFalcon like this.
  20. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to the ml's younger sister?....how was she like? ...was she married to a prince?