LCD Legend of Legends

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by akki, Jun 4, 2018.

1. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    With her fast reaction a small spark would easily be noticeable~

2. jolly-crow

jolly-crow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is not exactly "Last" Chapter Discussion but I've been away a few days.

: Jowee fervently denying that China had attacked the iron soldiers was so silly... Are Chinese/Japanese people going to be moronic in this webnovel too? Eunseo was so badass dealing with him though.

How long until they find Sarang with that inherent wavelength bullshit?

162: I had Sora pegged as a short-lived character, even dying in her first battlefield, but maybe she will come into Junhyuk's fold in the future, what with that "friendly" exchange of numbers and the focus on her training path. Junhyuk thought she had the stats of a tank-to-be, but is a speed-first approach suitable for tanks? Well, she does train with a two-handed sword in #163.

I have a theory that people who take an R-potion, who get their stats boosted, will be more prone to activating/developing powers. There's a correlation between one's level/rank in the DB, the size of their soul, number of activated powers and health/mana stats.
    Here's hoping that Eunseo awakens soon. In fact, Elise comments in #163 how she's getting used to her new body much faster than even the trained agents...
    I'd always thought that Elise would end up becoming an enemy because she's a mad scientist, and these last chapters prove that she does have the means to enact her own agenda. That is, I think she has potential as a standalone villain (with her pet AI and the iron soldiers), no need to be someone else's spy.
    But you have a point, maybe she has been playing several sides all this while...

163: Cashier girl's back! I had a good laugh when this happened the day after @Pandamonic had removed the harem tag. Let's hope for the best, at least this isn't a Chinese WN.

The day Zaira goes on a strike is the day Guardians' employees may as well stay home.

164: This attack, I thought, was the perfect chance to have Eunseo activate a power. Snatch one of her bodyguards' gun in the midst of the brawl and start shooting like the badass she is. Alas, another lost chance and Junhyuk saving her ass again.
    Hopefully, her close encounter with death, the first-hand realization that powers can be such a lifesaver, and Doyeol filling in the blanks, she will strive for her first power.

165: So Zaira erased everything, even in personal hard drives. I hate it when authors introduce AI's that are omnipotent. In today's digital world, a tool such as that can break the balance so hard that the mc coming on top can only be called plot armor. The author should've just written a story with Elise and Zaira conquering the world. In a single chapter.

Notice how Junhyuk and Sarang are talking about the weekend's party as if they didn't have an appointment for the Dimensional Battlefield on Friday. I guess it's just another day at the office by now...

3. Pandamonic

Pandamonic [The Great Swimming Panda]

Reading List:
    Link

Yeah the last quote was particularly disappointing for me. Unlike how it was in arena where the MC really did his best to survive this MC got really confident already after just how many visit in the valley of death?

And the harem tam will sure to appear again after aome more time

jolly-crow likes this.
  4. jolly-crow

Reading List:
    Link
    I admit the author's not very good at writing relationships. Hell, Eunseo and Sarang often come off as stalkers, and I doubt that's the author's intent. It's mainly what you mention, they don't develop organically.
    But not giving Eunseo the health potion makes plenty sense. He thought about it, but it was too risky to expose himself then. It still is, but he fucked up with that pendant and the mana stone that Zaira detected so he can only play to others' tunes.

Agree on suddenly quitting, that was poor writing. But wanting to save Eunseo is consistent with what we've seen so far, they have a pretty good relationship.

Could work if she afixed the device to her head, a headlamp of sorts.
    But it's actually not feasible because Sora's sprint power must have a cooldown.

Wujigege likes this.
  5. jolly-crow

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, that problem's been running for a while. Even when Junhyuk and Sarang struggled every battle to keep their lives, the allied team's win streak (they haven't lost since the novel started) kind of lowers the stakes. Makes it all seem way too easy, not just for the characters but the readers too.

Maybe the author put that comment in there because he will actually upset expectations this time around...

Wujigege likes this.
  6. Pandamonic

Reading List:
    Link
    And the new chapter really makes the MC more of a dumbass they AI could literary hear their convo. >.> He could probably leverage it to get something and if the author does not use the AI like this I'm going to bet that the AI was just there for plot convenience.

jolly-crow likes this.
  7. jolly-crow

Reading List:
    Link
    Totally. I'll try not to think too much about the AI because the whole thing is just stupid.

Wujigege likes this.
  8. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Even his relationship with Jeffrey feels stiff, I will just chuck it down to the author being bad at relationships

jolly-crow likes this.
  9. jolly-crow

Reading List:
    Link
    166: To y'all asking for Junhyuk to build his faction, this looks a bit like it. Jeffrey fraternizing with Junhyuk (he even mentions "their side"), him giving sound advice to Sora...

Still, I wonder where Jeffrey's allegiance truly lies. He owes Doyeol big time, for giving him and his sister a safe haven. For all we know, every time that he visits Junhyuk's house, he may be acting under Doyeol's orders.

As of late, I'm also less inclined to think that Doyeol will become an enemy. He's coming across pretty nice lately, different from his overly ambitious self in the beginning. He could be the backer (finantial, structural power) that the faction will need. Plus it would make it easier for Eunseo (if she ever powers up :sigh: ) to join the squad.

I'm gonna assume that Zaira and Elise won't get in the way cause of plot armor. Or the kashas, let's hope it's the kashas.

Edit: chapter number was wrong.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  10. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 167: and here comes the hiding of the abilities after killing a monster. And that excuse....shockwaves from inside the stomach~ wtf?!?!

On a side note, Guardian is making it worse for the world in terms of these monsters appearing. I like that twist~

jolly-crow likes this.
  11. jolly-crow

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, nobody (that matters) is buying Junhyuk's bullshit anymore. It's just them respecting his privacy, he's been pretty adamant on keeping his cards close to his chest. Elise knows that he's very powerful, probably more than the monster, so it's better not to push him too far. For Eunseo, I don't know how much does she know or guess about his powers, but she appreciates him on a personal level.

I'm not so sure that management will unleash these overpowered monsters on any other place besides those with Iron Soldiers nearby. In any case, what's certain is that it will hit Guardians hard.

Wujigege likes this.
  12. jolly-crow

Reading List:
    Link
    168: "He couldn’t do much at all with his normal attacks, but his Spatial Slash and Doctor Tula’s glasses would help him get deathblows. He wouldn’t just do it every time because Vera might kill him, but he wouldn’t just stand there."

Damn, did Kaljaque corrupt him too much? I hope he changes his mind, cannot have our mc stooping so low.

... Actually, what if his selfishness in a key moment brings about the team's defeat? It's kind of related to what we talked with @Pandamonic a couple chapters ago, Junhyuk and Sarang feeling overly confident about the Dimensional Battlefield. It would be a great wake up call.

Worst case scenario: Sarang dies. Not so bad scenario on that line: she loses her extra life and has to stay on their castle for the rest of the battle, the team takes a big L without her support.

Wujigege likes this.
  13. Pandamonic

Reading List:
    Link
    @jolly-crow unfortunately chinese novel doesn't care with chraracter growth even if the MC turned into a pretentious di**

14. jolly-crow

Reading List:
    Link
    But here's the catch: Legend of Legends is Korean! XD

15. Pandamonic

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh right I read too much.

16. Pandamonic

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh right I read too much.

17. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 169: I find it amusing how the heroes made so much gold through betting, all because of the idiotic Kaljaque. That fool had some uses in the end.

Wonder why no one told mc about these bets. He could’ve earned some gold as well. Or is it that he can’t because it’s only for heroes? Or he can’t bet on matches he’s taking part in?

On a side note I hope Eunseo doesn’t do anything stupid with her desire to reveal the truth about abnormal narcolepsy~

Wujigege likes this.
  18. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I am hoping for the opposite. Maybe our protagonist can have an actual problem beyond his capabilities for once

jolly-crow likes this.
  19. jolly-crow

Reading List:
    Link
    I cackled when Kaljaque was mentioned. His reputation precedes him, the heroes in his future team will fill for a discharge lol.

It's pretty cool that the Champions Battlefield is a betting pool for the heroes. It's indeed amusing that all of Junhyuk's allies, and even Bebe!, bet for Junhyuk. Also heartwarming and a bit epic, he's so trusted.

Who knows, maybe Batter and the others bet for/against Junhyuk too. If they bet against, it will be funny seeing their black faces.

Btw, @akki, they made lots of money thanks to the odds worsened by Kaljaque, yeah, but also thanks to Junhyuk who made them win.

@akki, @Wujigege
    Regardless of the consequences for Eunseo herself as well as Junhyuk, I don't know what's so stupid about revealing the Dimensional Battlefield to the world? People will be able to prepare, mentally at least, and get some useful information for their survival there. Doyeol acknowledged the only reason they keep it under wraps is to better profit from the mana and blood stone business.

I'm very happy with this chapter. I thought this would be a dull transition to the Dimensional Battlefield but it was more packed with development than most other chapters: Eunseo drifting apart from Doyeol, the Champions Battlefield being a betting pool, and they even had time for a visit to Bebe.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    Wujigege and akki like this.
  20. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup I know. Of course they would’ve won gold from betting because of the mc getting that win. But it’s because of Kaljaque that they made a lot of gold because of the odds.
    It’s not stupid. Any normal person would be able to tell that revealing the truth is the right thing to do. But when there’s money to be made, and power to be gained, there’s always going to be people who want to monopolise the knowledge so only they get stronger and richer.

Elkon and jolly-crow like this.