LCD Legend of the Great Saint

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by IRainstorm, May 6, 2017.

1. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't the newest chapter mean that the hundred schools broke the rules of the war? Wasn't the restriction that no Gold Cores on either side could fight?

The Zhou lightening guy just broke through and everyone in the boat is talking about the school having a gold core fighter, and like I said above completely breaking the rules set by the higher ups. The mc hasn't broken them because he is a half-step daemon commander. He hasn't crossed the tribulation yet to reach that rank.

Paps likes this.
  2. DeirdreH

DeirdreH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably doesn't count because they were settling a personal grudge. Their fight isn't considered part of the war.

Paps likes this.
  3. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well with this figth he managed to get her off his back, he hurted her enough that it would take time for her to come after him again not to mention that now she knows his relationship with the Cicada wich will hold her hand. Remember with the clone and all he is already making moves to still benefit from becoming a river God.

4. Haiku575

Haiku575 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was wondering the same thing. I guess it's more like a pawn becoming a new queen on the chess board. He was already on the chess board to begin with.

Paps likes this.
  5. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    But if you look back the gold core elder, the master of the kid the mc killed and stole the boat from, was stopped from fighting because it was against the rules. If avenging the death of your disciple does not count as a "personal grudge" then I don't know what is. My guess is that the author just "forgot" about that rule now that the mc is strong enough to fight gold core cultivators. Either that or once the fight is over the mc will blackmail the 100 schools for breaking that and trying to escalate the conflict instead of making peace.

Paps likes this.
  6. DeirdreH

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember what chapter that was in, but didn't that event happen as part of Qingshan's attack on the Demon Suppression Alliance?

In other words, that battle was part of the chess game so the players had to follow the rules.

At this point in the story the war is over and Qingshan and Zhou Tong are meeting as individual cultivators for a rematch, or at least everyone involved it taking great pains to make that a plausible story.

Note how the other members of the 100 schools are present seemingly to make sure Zhou Tong doesn't go too far by killing Qingshan (just like how Golden Cicada stepped in to make sure Qingshan didn't kill Lolth). They are doing their best to keep the war / chess game from resuming by treating this fight as something that isn't part of the war.

I doubt he can do this because probably when he beat Zhou Tong the first time he probably told him to come back and fight him later so it would be hard for him to complain about him taking him up on the offer. I don't remember that fight exactly so I can't say for sure he did that, but he normally does say stuff like that so maybe.

Paps likes this.
  7. CruelOcean

CruelOcean Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed, a little disappointed with this Lolth reappearance(like, is she gone for good? like that?) and the 'rewards' he got from, once again(but now it felt more 'real'), defeating her. At least hope that biri-biri(thunder guy) gets some of my venting in the form of the MC beating him.:notworthy:

8. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn0t the hawk girl in there to stop him from acting as well, this time there is no one there to stop the priest or even willing to it.
    I think this is what they are holding on to, since seemengly the war is already over thi is just a personal conflict between them.
    HAHAHAHA, the ending of that conflict was somehow fitting.

9. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    If my memory is right the killing of that disciple by the mc was before the war officially started. Also I don't think the rules were even announced at that time. I'm not saying this is all not possible I just don't think the author is planning it out. In the latest chapter he is talking about other gold cores coming since the "war" is over.

How is the war over? Lolth and the hawk lady haven't meet for peace talk yet. The foundation level hasn't meet for peace talks yet. Right now it is more like a cease fire than peace. Heck even the cease fire hasn't been agreed upon. The mc hasn't made Lolth pass an order to all the daemons to stop attacking. Sure the main ones are pretty much dead but I doubt she doesn't have some of the lower ranked ones that just couldn't go up and keep poking the cultivators.

So I just think its the classic cultivation story plot armor coming into effect where the next level doesn't come into the picture until the mc is able to survive/fight at that level.

Also I do not believe 100 schools was there to keep Zhou Tong from killing Qingshan. They were there to make sure he didn't massacre the night roamers causing the war to escalate again and get the mirror back. That is mentioned when Zhou was using lightening to attack the formation on the Island and they warned him to be careful. So they were there to protect them and to get there mirror back.

Also the Golden Cicada did not stop the Mc from killing Lolth for the war. He was protecting her because he did want the Dragon King to get involved. He hasn't mentioned the war once. If the Cicada cared about the war he could have easily had Lolth stop it. My personal guess is that the Cicada is hiding from the Dragon King. When the mc found his hiding spot Lolth was going to kill him if he knew who was there. So my guess is that his identity is hidden from the other daemons.

Haiku575 likes this.
  10. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm surprised the mc didn't get some dual cultivation stuff from the Pleasure sect. He has a pretty good relationship with the sect master so get that and use Lolth for cultivation. Heck that would have been a good way to defeat her the first time. Get the cultivation method from them that devours the qi of the partner and bam wouldn't even have to fight.

Paps and Haiku575 like this.
  11. DeirdreH

Reading List:
    Link
    Hua Chengzan said, “Yeah. Even if the moon demon comes, all we need him to do is hand over the Watermirror disc and have him leave Moon- Clear Court lake.”

Juechenzi was troubled. “About this… master is having quite the time right now…”

“You don’t need to tell me that. I obviously know. I want to force out the moon demon so that he can fight me again. When that happens, none of you are permitted to interfere. This old priest will beat him until he begs for mercy. If he hands over the Watermirror disc obediently and leaves Moon Court lake, so what if I spare his life?”

12. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    Liu Zhangqing’s face flickered due to the lightning. He also wanted to take back his Watermirror disc, so he glanced down at the Moon Court dwelling urgently, but after some consideration, he said to Juechenzi on the side.

“Juechenzi, looks like the moon demon really isn’t here. You should convince your master to hold back a little once he gets through the formation so that he doesn’t cause wanton massacre.”

The war had died down after so much difficulty, but even when the moon demon possessed the upper hand in the past, he had never hunted them down. If Zhou Tong wanted to vent, then so be it, but if this would lead to war again, then he would rather go without the Watemirror disc
    [/spoil

The restarting of the war was there main concern. With the Daemon suppression alliance pretty much out of the way now they would have the majority of the battles.

13. CruelOcean

CruelOcean Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is Hua Chengzan little sister part of the harem together with her friend(I don't remember her name cuz she appears like a minute and then disappears)? Both of the girls' positions are very ambiguous since I think MC hasn't fulfilled his promise to his sister and her friend seemed to like/love the MC in his burly form when he helped her.

MC's fiancée has also yet to appear... quite the few characters put on hold with this whole War Arc...:cautious:

14. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    There hasn't been anything really concert yet with the Hua girl. So far harem is his fiancee, Lolth(maybe), night Roamers girls, Mermaid girl, and I would think that the leader of the pleasure sect is interested in the daemon mc. The Yu girl that he keep on having interactions with is up in the air.

Paps likes this.
  15. Haiku575

Haiku575 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought mc only had ten years? I guess 10k makes more sense.

Paps likes this.
  16. DeirdreH

Reading List:
    Link
    He has 1000 days, but each day is 10 years long.

“Kid, don’t get too ahead of yourself. This is just a part of my soul sense that I left behind. Why would I care about what you do? A decade for you is as brief as a day for me.”

At this moment, the black ox’s figure flickered. “I’m going to go. Keep advancing forward, kid. Don’t make me find you in saṃsāra. That takes a lot of time, y’know. I don’t have too much time. I hope this won’t be the last time we meet.” As he said that, the black ox’s figure gradually faded away.

Li Qingshan shuddered inside. “Then how long do I have?”

“Around a thousand days.”

Paps likes this.
  17. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he is saving that for his fiancee!!!!!!

18. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I don't think he kept any copies of the techniques when him and Qian divided the loot. He has his fiancee and the night roamers he could practice it with.

Paps likes this.
  19. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    So what do you think about the latest chapter? Still think the humans are using the excuse of gold cores to kill the mc is a personal battle? I don't think 4 gold core humans traveling underground killing every daemon they run into and trying to kill the daemon commander is following the rules of battle.
    [/QUOTE]

20. DeirdreH

Reading List:
    Link
    The humans are not monolithic.

Everybody at the level of the Clear River Prefecture, include the Hundred Schools staff, wants the war to end because it's being fought in their backyard.

These guys are from the next level up in the bureaucracy and don't have as much skin in the game so they are willing to take actions the locals won't. Also they never got permission from the Marquis to go underground nor were they ordered to do so.

Paps likes this.