Novel Legend of the Noble Knights

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by hitori kanoko, Apr 30, 2021.

1. hitori kanoko

hitori kanoko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Legend of the Noble Knights

Synopsis

What does it mean to be a noble? Power? Wealth? Women? Perhaps if you are a true noble, but for us noble knights – its hell?

Colin Frederick has been born into the lowest rank of nobility called Noble Knights. Thanks to the marriage decree by the royal family, the lives of noble knights become living hell as they are abused and mistreated by women of higher noble standing.

Genre : Action, Adventure, Revenge, Fantasy, Harem, Adult, Mature, Romance, Betrayal, Royal, Noble, War, Magic, Sword, Queens, Kings, Emperor, Empress, Demon King, Hero, Elf, Reincarnation, Isekai, Slave. R18+

Author Note:

Update Date: My laptop broke...So when ever i get the chance to use a internet cafe. Sorry for any misspelling as i have to type really fast.

chapters
    chapter 1

chapter 2
    chapter 3
    chapter 4
    chapter 5
    chapter 6
    chapter 7
    chapter 8
    chapter 9
    chapter 10
    chapter 11
    chapter 12
    chapter 13
    chapter 14
    chapter 15
    chapter 16
    chapter 17
    chapter 18
    chapter 19
    chapter 20
    chapter 21

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  2. hitori kanoko

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1

<< Colin Frederick POV >>

What does it mean to be a noble?

Power?

Wealth?

Women?

Perhaps if you are a truly noble, but for us noble knights – its hell?

“You call this tea? I have tasted mud better than this!”

The woman who was shouting was my father’s legal wife. A daughter of a viscount household, Nina Maccabaeus Frederick. She never missed an opportunity to humiliate my father.

She sat on the sofa with her legs crossed while holding the cup of tea my father had brewed for her.

She wore an expensive noble-looking dress, with expensive-looking rings, bracelets, and a necklace.

She looked down on my father with her brown eyes. Occasionally brushing her red thick hair from her right side of her pure white skin face.

She was beautiful without a doubt, despite being in her late 30s

“Forgive my lack of skill” My father spoke as he kowtowed to her.

[​IMG]

“Every time I come to this dump in the Bonnies your service just keeps getting worse and worse. Are you not grateful for having married the great me?” (Nina Maccabaeus Frederick)

She spoke with a smug smile on her face.

“I am” (Noah Frederick)

“I am what?” she replied with a glare

“I am very grateful, Nina Maccabaeus Frederick-sama” (Noah Frederick)

“What a pathetic man” (Nina Maccabaeus Frederick)

“Indeed. What a loser of a man”

“Truly pathetic indeed”

The two men who just spoke were seated on either side of Nina Maccabaeus Frederick. They were her lovers.

One was the fourth son from a mistress of a baron’s household and the other was a handsome man from the twin lover’s tribe.

The twin lover’s tribe refers to two island kingdoms that sit right in the middle of the great ocean far north from here.

The island on the left houses only beautiful women, while the island on the right houses only handsome males.

These unique island people while being human, are all beautiful or handsome and for some reason, they are unable to have children with people outside their two tribes.

It is for this reason that the men sell themselves as lovers to rich merchants and nobles.

Their islands lack any minerals to better enrich themselves and they rely on this trade to gather richness for themselves.

“Mark and James have gone out of their way to speak about you. Have you nothing to say?” (Nina Maccabaeus Frederick)

She shouted as she trampled on my father with her foot.

“I am sorry… Please forgive me” (Noah Frederick)

“Tch… Whatever” (Nina Maccabaeus Frederick)

“Hey…Hey your father is pathetic isn’t he?”

The little boy who just spoke was Nina Maccabaeus Frederick’s son from her lover, Mark. The baron’s son.

Despite him being younger than me and also not being my father’s son, he was the legitimate heir to the household.

“Hey…Hey, do that kowtow thing. I want to trample on your head”

“What an excellent idea Gary-sama”

“Indeed. A wonderful idea”

The two who spoke to the little blond boy were Nina Maccabaeus Frederick’s maids. They were born from a poor baron’s house and were taken in by Nina Maccabaeus Frederick.

Daughters of poor baron houses often end up as maids to noble daughters of higher rank and use them as stepping stones to become mistress to higher-ranked nobles or rich merchants. Either that or they would find a noble knight to exploit - by becoming his legal wife.

Either way, their life is assured.

As the little boy trampled on my head. I couldn’t help but think of how this kind of life came to be. I remembered the story my father told me.

In the beginning, the Kingdom Of Eleadia was nothing but a small kingdom at the northern edge of the southern continent. It prospered thanks in large to the merchants who traded with the northern continent. These merchants soon enough earned the status of nobles and reached the highest peak of nobility - except for duke and marques.

Over time as the trade grew, so did the demand for raw monster materials. The royal and noble knights at that time were unable to go and conquer large beast lands in the south.

This is where the adventures came in. Many formed clans and headed south, conquering and selling conquered land to the kingdom royalty and nobility. They also sold vast amounts of beast materials to the merchants.

For the kingdom, this was a period of unprecedented economic growth and it lasted for several years - until the adventures could no longer conquer.

The southern continent has a large beast land right in the center. These land are home to the demonic beast with unbelievable power. The deeper you go, the stronger they become.

Eventually, the adventures of the Kingdom of Eleadia found beasts they could not kill and land, they could not fully conquer.

This land in question was therefore unsellable to the kingdoms' nobles and royalty.

They could have simply left, but the king of that age couldn’t allow that. If the adventures left, nothing would stop the demonic beasts from coming from the beast lands and attacking the lands the nobles and royalty had bought. It would be a huge financial cost to deploy the army or constantly hire adventures or mercenaries to handle the situation.

He solved this problem by giving the adventures the noble rank of noble knights and these lands their domain.

Noble knights are the lowest rank possible.

At first, my ancestors didn’t want to accept the appointment, but reliantly accepted when royalty and nobility exerted pressure on them to do so.

Stuck with land that could not be fully conquered and the lowest noble rank in the kingdom, my ancestors did what they do best. They adventured.

After painstaking surveying their lands, they were able to make the land somewhat livable by building rural towns in areas where monsters hardly appear and making areas where they did appear into hunting grounds.

This setup is said to be no different from the setup used in labyrinth cities, except rather than being a city in a dungeon, you are up on the surface.

Over time their lands began to prosper causing much jealousy from the merchants turned nobles.

The royal family on the other hand paid not too much attention to it. Only occasionally increasing taxes.

This all changed however about 600 years ago.

A noble knight fed up with only having the lowest noble rank despite his vast fortune raised his sword against the royals and marched on the capital with an army.

The royal knights and kingdom knights crushed his insurrection so swiftly that the other noble knights had no time to respond to the events that had occurred.

The royal family from then on saw the noble knights as a threat to their rule and sought to limit their power.

The solution they came up with was the noble knight marriage decree.

The noble knight marriage decree set the rules to be followed by noble knight households in the matters of marriage.

My ancestors didn’t think anything was wrong with this degree as there were other decrees for the upper nobility in place and thought of this as them finally acknowledging the noble knights – but what they failed to see was the implications that some of those laws had on them, in particular these two.

- The heir must be a child of the legal wife.

- The legal wife must be of noble birth of a rank or two ranks higher, namely Baron or Viscount.

These laws set the noble knights up for extortion.

At first, it was nothing more than paying a baron or viscount large amount of money, but soon the merchant blood that flowed through them began to bare its fangs.

Over the centuries the amount they demanded began to be ridiculously high and if that was not enough their daughters soon joined in the exploitations.

They saw noble knights as nothing more than their servants rather than husbands. Taking lovers while refusing to fulfill their marriage duties as wives. Noble knights had to resort to marrying commoners to produce heirs.

However, there was a problem with that. Only the son of the legal wife can inherit the house.

Despite many complaints from the noble knights the royal family never changed this decree and it resulted in their households being held for ransom by their legal wives.

The only way around this would be for the legal wife to adopt the child of the mistress as her own as well as for any child she gave birth to from her lovers to surrender their right to inheritance.

Of course, they wouldn’t do this for free.

All this lead to the rapid decline of the noble knight’s domains, making them the poorest lands in the Kingdom.

I sighed as I recalled this story.

“This is fun” (Gary)

Gary said as he trampled on my head

“Wow master Gary. You are amazing” (Susan)

The red-haired maid praised his actions, with sparkling green eyes.

“As expected of Master Gary. I dignified display indeed” (Norma)

The blue-haired maid also praised him as puffed out her chest with pride. Her watermelon boobs jiggled when she did that.

“Now then. I have read your report, Noah. I see that the domain is doing very well. To increase your monthly payments to 50 platinum coins.”

[Oi-Oi-Oi…No matter how you look at it she hasn’t read anything at all. 50 platinum coins? That 50000 gold coins. As it is the 25 platinum coins are already too much. What is this bitch saying? If she read the report, she would understand that we are clearly in the red thanks to her. ] (Colin Frederick)

“That is impossible…” (Noah Frederick)

“Huh…Are you talking back at me you worthless man. If I say increase it then just do it. It costs a lot of money to set up three merchant firms you know.” (Nina Maccabaeus Frederick)

“Three!?” (Noah Frederick)

“Of course. One for Gary, one for James, and one for Mark. Oh, and I have to introduce Susan and Norma to suitable partners soon. I will have to host parties you know. All that costs a lot of money you know. So just hurry up and increase the amount or don’t you want me to adopt your pathetic son.”

[Tch…This bitch] (Noah Frederick)

“Madam, is that true?” (Norma)

“Are you going to introduce us to some men?” (Susan)

“Of course. I can’t have the other noblewomen talk behind my back about being unable to do so. You will see. I will introduce to the richest nobles and merchants in the capital” (Nina Maccabaeus Frederick)

“Thank you Nina-sama.” (Norma) (Susan)

“Yes. Praise me more!” (Nina Maccabaeus Frederick)

“What you are asking for is outrageous. There is no way I can send that amount of money. In the first place, our original agreement at the academy was for 12 platinum coins per month. The 25 platinum coins I currently pay should be just fine for…” (Noah Frederick)

“Huh!” she screamed before she trampled on his head more violently than before, “You useless man…All you have to do is raise the taxes of the people in town. Haven’t I told you that? Do I have to think of everything around here? Outrageous!? You dare call the words I speak outrageously!? Just who do you think you are? you little shit!”

“It’s impossible to raise the taxes…” (Noah Frederick)

“Don’t talk back to me!!!” she screamed.

After trampling on my father’s head for ten minutes, she finally calmed down.

“Tch…Fine then, 35 platinum coins.” (Nina Maccabaeus Frederick)

“Madam!” (Norma)

“You mustn’t show this bastard any leeway” (Susan)

“I agree. Your request of 50 platinum coins is reasonable.” (Mark)

“That’s right” (James)

“Eh…mama, am I not going to get my merchant firm?” (Gary)

"Everyone, there is no need to panic. Even with 35 platinum coins we can still achieve something from it.”

“If you say so mama” (Gary)

Everyone else had a dejected face when they heard those words.

[Bastards, if making 35 platinum coins was easy. then why won’t you do it yourselves?]

“I take you silence as acceptance?” (Nina Maccabaeus Frederick)

“Yes. I will make it happen.” (Noah Frederick)

“Is that how you show appreciation for my generosity? Lick my feet you bastard!” (Nina Maccabaeus Frederick)

Noah raised his head before licking the foot Nina dangled in front of him. This wasn’t anything new. A noble knight’s life went through such treatments.

This was their fate.

But fate has a funny thing of changing over time.

3. hitori kanoko

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 2

Night came. Colin was in the kitchen fixing a meal for the maids Susan and Norma.

“Can’t you make anything better?” (Susan)

“My apology Susan-sama. This is the best I can offer right now” (Colin Frederick)

“Tch…Worthless noble knight” (Susan)

Colin bowed his head repeatedly in apology as he placed a light snack on the kitchen table.

“Come on Susan… surely you weren’t expecting much from a worthless noble knight's household were you?” (Norma)

“Even so, they could at least treat us to luxury chocolates from the capital” (Susan)

“Can’t be helped. We are in the boniness after all. Trash this far away from civilization could never understand luxury even if it was smacked it on their faces.”

They laughed and mocked Colin as they snacked on the meal they had been given. Colin felt uncomfortable. He wanted to leave but couldn’t until the two maids went to sleep.

It was horrible what he was going through, but his father was having an even worst time.

“Ah…Ah…yes…It feels so good” (Nina Maccabaeus Frederick)

In an upstairs bedroom, the sound of ecstasy could be heard.

On a large bed, three people were having sexual intercourse. Noah Frederick looked on as Nina Maccabaeus Frederick and her two lovers embraced and intertwined with each other.

“Yes…that’s amazing Mark” (Nina Maccabaeus Frederick)

“Don’t forget about me” (James)

The two of them thrashed their dicks into her ass and pussy at the same time causing her to scream with pleasure.

“Do you like our cocks?” James asked as he grinned at Noah.

“Yes…” she screamed back

“Is it better than your husbands?” Mark asked next

“Don’t jest. I would never let that man touch me. His pathetic, unlike you two. You guys are amazing.”

“Is that so?” James asked while looking in Noah’s direction

“What are you waiting for? Don’t you see that James is asking you an important question? If he loses his arousal because of you I swear…” she screamed as she glared at Noah.

“It is so James-sama.”

“Huh? I didn’t hear that. What did you say?”

“It is as she said James-sama. I am a worthless husband. Please take care of my wife.”

“Well if you put it that way I guess I should do what a pathetic man like yourself failed to do.”

James began to thrust harder and faster, causing Nina it scream even louder than before. She was completely lost in pleasure. Any sign of noble dignity could not be found on her face.

“What a worthless man” (James)

“Can you even call such a thing a man?” (Mark)

They both uttered words of insults as they left the room for their bedrooms. Noah could only grind his teeth as he held the door open for them while lowering his head.

He could hear their laugh fade as they walked through the corridor to their rooms.

Nina Maccabaeus Frederick was breathing heavily on the bed. She was barely moving. Only twitching from time to time.

You would hardly think that she was a noblewoman - more like a prostitute who had just finished servicing a client.

Noah’s eyes were blank and cold. If it wasn’t for the sake of his son, he didn’t know what he could have done to this woman and her so-called lovers.

Rage boiled inside him.

The only comfort he had was the fact that he was not alone in this regard. This was the fate of every noble knight.

At the same time, this comfort was his curse.

[My son will go through the same thing as me…] (Noah Frederick)

With a wet cloth in his hand, he cleaned his messy wife. She was too absent-minded to even know what was happening to her right now.

Noah having finished cleaning his wife and laying her on a freshly made bed. Took the used bedding's out of the room.

He was walking down the corridor when two figures appeared.

It was Nina’s two personal maids.

“Let me guess. Those are the beddings mistress used with her lovers. You’re probably going to clean them now…pathetic” (Norma)

“Yes. If you will excuse me” (Noah Frederick)

“You are not excused” (Susan)

“Your son feed us a rather poor snack. Don’t you think you should apologize for that?” (Norma)

“I apologize,” he said as he lowered his head.

“Huh…Is that how you apologize? Didn’t you learn anything from the madam? Kowtow you bastard!” (Susan)

Noah put the bedding's aside before he got on all fours and bowed to them with his head firmly pressed on the floor.

“Ehehehehehe…” Susan sneered before trampling on his head, “This is wonderful, this is wonderful. It has been a long time since I last trampled on a man’s head”

“Tell me about it. I miss the academy. Now that I Think about it. Your bastard child will be attending this year huh.” (Norma)

“That little shit is? With his level of skill I’m sure no noble daughter will pay attention to him.” (Susan)

“True…Hey how long are you going to hog him all to yourself. Let me have a turn.”

They trampled on Noah’s head until they got bored and left for their rooms.

Noah left the mansion that stood on top of a hill overlooking the town below. With the bedding's in hand. He walked to a small wooden house near a small woodland close to the mansion.

There inside he found his son fixing his messed up hair.

“They got you two?” (Noah Frederick)

“Yeah…” (Colin Frederick)

“Sorry. It’s all my fault”

“You say that like you could have prevented it. This how the world is. We noble knights have the short end of the stick.”

“Tch…if it wasn’t for that stupid marriage decree”

“There is no reason to complain about that now is there. I swear you’re always like this when that vixen shows up.”

“And how can I not. That bitch treating us like her personal servants. Humiliating us like – like.”

“Calm down father and watch your words. She will be leaving tomorrow. There is no need to give her a reason to stay any longer and cause us trouble.”

“Your right. Have you cleaned the mansion?”

“Yeah. I was just getting ready to go on patrol.”

“You don’t have to push yourself.”

“What are you talking about? When I go to the academy. You will be all alone out here. How will cope without me?”

“I will be fine. It’s not like we can afford to not have you go. The academy is the only opportunity for a noble knight to find a wife.”

Noble knights were the lowest-ranked nobles despite having their domains. Even if those domains were nothing more than a town and the land that surrounded the town it was still a domain.

Furthermore, they live far away from the civilized capital and big cities of the kingdom.

These two factors ensured that they were never invited to a social gathering among the nobility.

The three years at the academy were the only opportunity they would have at finding a legal wife.

If they failed to do so. The legal wife’s child would most likely inherit the domain.

One would assume that with the hush treatment of noble knights such a thing would be welcomed by them, but there was one anchor that prevented them from thinking so.

When their ancestors formed clans and set forth to conquer the southern lands, many people followed them.

Builders, craftsmen, blacksmiths, chefs, innkeepers, and many more, all followed the clans, and their descendants till this day stayed loyal at their side.

One noble knight household that failed in securing a legal wife for their son resulted in the son of the legal wife from a lover taking over, upon the noble knight’s death and then selling the domain - but not before robbing the citizens of everything they owned. Claiming they had not paid their taxes. Rumors claim that some beautiful women were even sold to slavery.

Just like their mothers; the sons of the legal wives of noble knights see their mother’s legal husband as nothing more than a means to raise capital for their merchant business or marry into a merchant business, or even nobility should the cards be right.

When the son of the noble knight who had failed to gain a legal wife after 3 years at the academy raised his complaint in the capital. He was arrested and sentenced to death.

No reason was given for this nor did anyone pursue the matter further.

For this reason, the noble knights push through the hardship they face, all for the sake of those who followed their ancestors to the south.

Even if they asked them to leave. Most of them would be unable to survive in the big cities where a stay at an inn would be eight times the amount they usually pay in noble knight’s domains.

They simply couldn’t afford to leave.

“I know. Anyways I am off.”

“See you when you get back.”

Colin walked through the town in dead of night. They were other night patrols that were walking about. He greeted each one with a cheery simile but it would turn sour whenever they asked him about how it was going at the mansion.

Seeing his reaction they would quickly try and change the subject by inviting him to drinks at some late-night bars but he had to do his patrol.

Unlike the other night patrols that were keeping the peace in the town. His objective was different. After leaving the town he came to the edge of the large forest.

Unlike the small forest near the mansion you could feel the evil aura it was emitting and hiding in that aura…

“I can feel your presence. There is no need to hide yourselves any longer.”

A large mass appeared from the forest. Easily three times larger than Colin, it made a thumping sound with each step.

It held a large ax in its right hand.

It was an existence ranked B among monsters.

An Orc King.

[​IMG]

“An orc king huh… To think a stupid pig would come to my domain. Sorry but all the women here are spoken for. I would have offered a vixen woman I know but her death right now would cause problems for me. I will have you die here and now.” (Colin Frederick)

The Orc king smirked. It gave off the impression that it understood his words.

“EHHHHHS” (Orc King)

The sound of the orc king echoed in the forest and an army of orcs appeared.

They could have been more than 100 of them. All armed with various weapons and arms.

Orc King’s smirk grew wider, almost as if saying, ‘This is my victory’.

However, that didn’t last long. In an instant, Colin’s killing intent overwhelmed them.

“An Orc King and Orc Army… Let's see 100 gold pieces of the Orc King and 20 gold pieces for each of the other orcs. I can also sell their weapons and other materials. If I play my cards right… 3200 gold coins. Hihihih…I didn’t even need to enter the deep into the forest. Lucky me.”

The orcs went pale when they saw his expression.

<< Orc POV >>

What’s with this human?

Humans usually ran away or tremble with fear when they see me.

They were some that stood and fought, but I killed them easily and took their weapons as my own.

Their males are weak and their females are our playthings.

That is the natural order.

But why am I trembling?

Why am I afraid?

This human is not like the others I have met before?

This Orc once lived across a kingdom in the west of the continent. He pillaged nearby villages and towns.

Killed the males and raped the women to madness.

He considered himself untouchable.

Many adventures were sent to subjugate his horde but they always won. From the male adventures, he took their weapons and armor as spoils, and from the female adventures, he took their bodies as a plaything.

He truly believes his life of endless pleasure would last forever but it didn’t.

Another younger Orc King stole his domain and chased the Orc and his clan away.

The Orc King and his orcs roamed the demonic forest and were preyed upon by bigger and stronger monsters.

His horde of thousands was now only a hundred strong and without a woman.

It was virtually on the brink of destruction when it entered a new land.

No strong beasts were in sight and nor Orc horde but his own.

If that wasn’t enough there was a human town nearby.

This was his chance to reclaim the days of old.

To rebuild what he had lost.

He could smell them. Even from this distance, he could smell the sweet smell of women.

[I will kill the men. Take their arms and rape the women. I will rape them day and night. Even when they fall pregnant I will rape them. I will gain all the time I lost] (Orc King)

[This human is scary. He will kill us if we stay. I must order a retreat…] (Orc King)

The Orc King turned around to order a retreat, but then a voice whispered.

"I will not allow you to escape 100 gold coins" (Colin Frederick)

The voice sent a chill down the Orcs spine. It turned around but the human was gone.

Despite its confusions, it deemed it unimportant and quickly turned to order its horde to withdraw but what it saw shocked it pale.

Blood everywhere.

Headless Orc bodies were lying on the ground.

It couldn’t understand what was happening.

It yelled from the top of its lungs.

“Shut it!” a voice called to the Orc, “Tch…these Orc are not in perfect condition. At this rate, I will earn 2800 gold coins instead. I guess I should go deep into the forest if I want to earn some more coins tonight.”

[You bastard] (Orc King)

The Orc king charged at the human it saw before its eyes. In a fit of rage, it poured all its strength into this one attack.

The human wasn’t moving and wasn’t paying attention to him at all, but the Orc didn’t care.

It was going to kill the human here and now.

[The sky? Why am I facing the sky? Shouldn’t I have been facing the human?]

Just a shadowy figure covered the night sky. It was looking down on the Orc King.

“I guess I will store you in my inventory and go deeper into the forest for more prey”

[I see now. I was killed. Killed by a human. Killed by this human…I see…This must be retribution of all the humans and killed and raped. I was killed like an insect. A lowly insignificant insect.]

4. hitori kanoko

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 3

A large and expensive-looking carriage was stationed at the entrance of the mansion. It had been called from the capital to pick up Nina and her associates. Inside it were Gary, Mark, James, Norma, and Susan.

They were ready to depart from the Frederick domain.

“Well I guess I will be going now. You better make sure I get my 35 platinum coins this month.” (Nina Maccabaeus Frederick)

“Yes Nina-sama” (Noah Frederick)

“And you bastard. When you enter the academy don’t do anything that might trouble me or else!” (Nina Maccabaeus Frederick)

“Understood Nina-sama”

“Very well. Make sure you remain in that position until my carriage is out of sight. The likes of you two aren’t worthy to watch the noble I’s departure while standing.” (Nina Maccabaeus Frederick)

The two of them were kowtowing in front of the carriage as Nina boarded it.

“Ah…I almost forgot. Noah, come to the capital in 7 months. An acquaintance will behold a gathering and you must attend.” (Nina Maccabaeus Frederick)

“Understood…but it will make it difficult to raise the 35 platinum coins if I do that…”

“Not my concern… just come and bring my money or else! Coachman! get me out of here!”

The coachman drove the carriage, Noah and Colin could feel the smirk he had on his face as he drove the carriage, as a matter of fact, they could feel the smirks of the bodyguard adventures that were hired to act as protection.

“What a pathetic sight” (random male adventure)

“They call themselves men?” (random male adventure)

“Maybe I should get one as a pet?” random female adventure)

“Only you can get turned on by such a pathetic display. Where is their sense of pride? Never mind, I not being paid to comment on pathetic men.” (random female adventure)

After 30 minutes the carriage disappeared from the sight of the mansion. Colin and Noah stood up.

“She is finally gone.” (Noah Frederick)

“What a relief, but I guess it will be a lot harder for me when I attend the academy next month” (Colin Frederick)

“No argument there. Now then let’s clean the house.” (Noah Frederick)

Noah and Colin didn’t live in the mansion.

Doing so would waste time and money.

They only used it when Nina Maccabaeus Frederick came for her annual visit to the domain.

Noah and Colin spent the next month heading deep into the forest to hunt monsters.

And then the day came for Colin to head off to the capital.

“Will you really be alright?” (Colin Frederick)

“Don’t look down on your old man. I am still stronger than you.” (Noah Frederick)

“Hump…only if I limit myself to swordsmanship.” (Colin Frederick)

“There you go. Thinking yourself as a high and mighty warrior. Just remember everything I told you during this last month about the academy and the city.” (Noah Frederick)

“I will” (Colin Frederick)

“Go now. You will be late if you don’t” (Noah Frederick)

“See you later pops.” He said before he started off on a coach headed for the capital. It belongs to a traveling merchant.

This was the merchant who purchases their materials to sell in the capital.

Their journey to the capital was long and tiring for other occupants they picked along the way, but for the merchant, it was a more pleasant journey than the ones before.

All of this was thanks to Colin taking care of any wild monsters and bandits that came along the way.

The other passengers could only feel wry when them both mummer,

“I hope more monsters show up. Maybe an Orc king or Goblin king…no…no…A dragon. Yep, it better be a dragon. The fetch a lot after all.” (Colin Frederick)

“Bandits, I want more bandits…With Colin here, we can get all their loots. I will make a small fortune from that.” (Traveling merchant)

[Oi Oi Oi…Are these people alright?] (random male passenger)

[Did he just wish for a dragon to appear? Those are rank S class monsters you know] (random female passenger)

After 2 weeks of travel, they arrived at the capital. As the passengers got off the carriage they had relief expressions on their faces. Colin and the merchant’s faces were the opposite of this.

"There were no Dragons" (Colin Frederick)

"There were no more bandits" (Traveling merchant)

[These guys are not normal] (Passengers)

Colin having said goodbye to the merchant who headed to see his family who lived in the common district walked through the capital city of Eleadia.

He was impressed with the many buildings he saw everywhere.

This was a far cry from the boniness he was raised in.

From the information he got from the merchant, the city was divided into 5 districts.

The royal district was in the middle of the capital. That was home to the royal family and the royal knights.

A giant castle that towered over the whole city could be seen rising from the royal district.

It was an impressive sight to see.

There was also the noble district to the northeast.

This housed nobility and extremely rich merchants.

During the early days of the kingdom, this district was for nobility alone but as merchants grew in influence and gained noble titles of their own. These restrictions were lifted for the most prosperous merchants.

Of course, not a single noble knight had a home in such a location, however, their legal wives did have a mansion or two there. A true testimony to the injustice that they went through.

The noble district was divided into layers.

The first layer houses the highest nobility.

Duke/Duchess

Marquess/Marchioness

The second layer housed

Earl/Countess

Viscount/Viscountess

While the third layer housed

Baron/Baroness and Wealthy Merchants

The district east of the noble district was the academy district. It was the smallest district that housed the royal academy, which Colin would be attending the civil academy.

The civil academy was responsible for teaching merchant children as well as commoners who could afford it or who had a scholarship.

The district next to the academy was the commercial district.

This is where the merchant stores of every kind could be found. Much like the noble district this too was divided into layers.

There was the noble layer where the rich, nobles, and royalty shopped.

There was also the commoner’s layer where the normal citizens shopped.

A wall ran across the district, separating one layer from the other and with royal knights patrolling to ensure the safety of the nobles.

Right in the middle of the wall was the labyrinth tower. It was smaller than the royal castle in size and height but still very impressive.

To raise money to host tea parties at the academy, many noble knights entered the labyrinth as explorers.

There were two entrances, one on the noble side and one on the commoner’s side.

Despite being a noble knight, Colin had to use the commoner’s side. That is what his father and the merchant had advised him to do.

Lastly was the biggest district. The commoner’s district. This is where commoners lived. There were houses, inns, food stores, and many other things.

The size of the common district was larger than all the other districts combined.

People went about their business with smiling faces. This scene reminded Colin of his town.

Colin, following the merchant’s advice, arrived in the commoner’s commercial district. They were shops selling everything from magical items, weapons, food, and jewelry among other things.

However, it was a tall circular building that captured his eyes.

Ancient writings covered its walls. Only a saint maiden can read these words. The current saint maiden is currently touring labyrinths across the continent. She travels to wherever the ancient writings' words change.

The ancient writings on the labyrinth walls change over time.

They would foretell great misfortune sometimes, such as a monster stampede, or a natural disaster, and even the revival of a demon lord – a misfortune that would spell the destruction of a whole kingdom and the rise of the monsters across the two continents.

Fortunately, such misfortunes haven’t occurred for thousands of years.

Nowadays they announce the appearance of a new floor, other times the creation of a magical tool or weapon which could easily be a national treasure.

Adventures and explorers would dive into the labyrinth to search for such treasures.

Well, that is true except for this labyrinth.

This labyrinth is an A-rank labyrinth. The highest rank, second only to S rank labyrinth.

As a result, even an A rank adventure can only go as far as the 15th floor out of 100 floors.

Of course, that’s not to say that no one goes further.

There is one group of people who journey as far as the 45th floor.

With the pressure to earn a vast amount of money for marriage, noble knights discarded their adventure heritage to become labyrinth explores.

Unlike other labyrinths, the labyrinth was run by the merchant’s guild rather than a labyrinths guild and their focus was money-making.

They gave no ranks and kept no records of those who entered the labyrinths. They also offered no support.

Their motto was basically, ‘make us money’

All one needed to enter the labyrinths was to buy a labyrinths card at 20 gold coins and you were set.

They didn’t care if you died exploring, all that mattered to them was the number of materials you would send back.

However this disregard to records keeping meant that the kingdom was unaware of the powerful force that was growing under their noise.

[Maybe I should register before going to the academy. It will save a lot of time when I have to face the ‘ROKUKEN’] (Colin Frederick)

ROKUKEN – A tradition among noble knights. Every year at the beginning of each semester the noble knights hold a tournament inside the labyrinth. The tournament decides who the leader of the noble knights at the academy would be.

The role of the leader is to act as the noble knight’s representative at the academy. He is also in charge of resolving disputes among noble knights which rarely occurs.

He is also tasked with taking command of the noble knights should an emergency arise.

The reason his ancestors were called noble knights was that the king at that time wanted to make sure that they understood that their main role was that of a fighting nobility.

Their main task was to keep the monster a bay along the border with the demonic forest.

Should an emergency happen at the border it would be the noble knights at the academy will no doubt have to deploy to provide additional support?

The Royal family never deploys its royal knights to the border and as such expecting support from them would be a foolish gamble.

They can only rely on themselves.

In such situations, the leader would take control of the noble knights.

And how exactly is the leader chosen?

Skill?

Power?

Looks?

Such things were worthless to noble knights at the academy.

Every noble knight is given a day to raise money by any means other than illegal means or extorting another noble knight. This leaves the labyrinth as the only option to raise funds.

The one who raises the highest amount wins.

The winner is also obliged to hand over 80% of his earnings to the other noble knights.

That’s right…the correct answer was bribery.

Having finished registering, Colin left for the academy.

[I can’t wait to challenge the labyrinth] (Colin Frederick)

5. hitori kanoko

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 4

Colin finally arrived at the academy district. The whole district was covered in flowers and mini forests.

Colin couldn’t help but feel calm and relaxed as he walked through the paths. Clearly, someone thought of making the district this way to put the minds of students at ease.

There parks here and there that students could sit and relax as well as have picnics.

As walked he saw two buildings side by side. One was clearly larger than the other.

[That must be the royal academy and the smaller one the civil academy] (Colin Frederick)

Colin headed to the royal academy with his head up in the clouds, but he was soon brought back to the ground with a thump.

“You bastard! I as asked for lemonade, not this garbage” (female voice)

“But they were out of lemonade. This is the next most expensive drink they had” (male voice)

“Are you talking back at me?” (female voice)

“Ah no…I” (male voice)

“Perhaps you have you found someone else to be your legal wife? Should we end it here?” (female voice)

“No…please don’t leave me!” (male voice)

“Huh…is that how you ask for a favor?” (female voice)

The male immediately kowtowed and apologized upon hearing those words. The girl stepped on his head with an evil smile on her face.

“I glad that you know your place noble dog. Don’t ever talk back to me!” she said before pouring the contents on her drink on his head.

“Ah…I spilled my drink. Now that I think about it, I wanted to drink that. Go and fetch me another right away.”

“I will have one as well…” a man who was standing next to her uttered those words. He was clearly her lover.

“ehyahhh…we will match if you do that” the girl's attitude took a completely 180-degree turn after the guy had spoken. From a devil to an angel. It was shocking.

“What are waiting for noble dog? Fetch our drinks and be quick about it!” (female voice)

“Yes…” (male voice)

Colin felt his check twitch.

The piece of mind he had, had gone - he looked closely at the people around him.

A guy licking a girl's shoes.

A guy kowtowing to a bunch of girls.

A guy acting a piece of furniture for a girl.

A guy dancing semi-naked for a bunch of girls.

A guy being bullied by a bunch of guys as a girl looked on with amusement.

[This is hell!!] (Colin Frederick)

With a great big thump, Colin fell on his small bed in his dorm room.

He like many other noble knights was boarding in the low-ranking boys' dorms.

It was a boarding house exclusively for noble knights.

It was old and barely passable as a boarding house.

Higher ranking nobility was staying at the higher ranking boarding house.

The difference between the two was like night and day.

The only exception were those who owned a house in the noble district. They were brought every day to the academy by carriage.

[That was scary…I thought my father’s legal wife made me prepared for what was to come but…]

His expectations were off, but that was to be expected.

Despite his father’s constant warnings, Colin thought that the treatment in the academy will be no different from the treatment his stepmother gave him and his father, with the only difference being it would now happen more frequently.

This assumption of fundamentally wrong for one reason.

The marriage contract.

The marriage contract was originally used in cases of a noble marrying a commoner. This contract outlined the duties that each party was responsible for during marriage.

In most cases, commoners were required to be loyal, bear children and fulfill any noble duties their partner required of them.

Commoners in turn would mostly request an income for themselves and their families.

However, today it is mostly used by noble knights as a means to ensure marriage until they pass on their rights to their sons.

A typical marriage contract would have these requests from the noble knight.

1. Marry me.
    2. Stay married to me until my illegitimate son inherits the household.
    3. Adopt my illegitimate son so that he may inherit the household.
    4. Support my illegitimate son’s right to inheritance. (In other words, have any child she may have with a partner relinquish their rights to the household. Even if it means disowning them)
    In return, the legal wife would in turn also issue her demands, and in most cases, these were but not limited to:-

- Build or buy me a mansion in or near the capital.

- Proved me with an income.

- I will be allowed to have lovers (A term used for a member of the twin lover’s tribe).

- I will be allowed to have partners (A term used to describe any member who was not a member of the twin lover’s tribe. Such as a noble, an illegitimate noble’s son, or a commoner).

- I will be allowed to have children from those partners.

- I will be allowed to make amendments to this agreement. (Strictly speaking, changing the agreement is only limited to within a reasonable extent. Such as when Nina request an increase to 50 platinum coins. It would most likely have been rejected by the royal court. After all, if big changes can be made to a contract, it would be pointless to have a contract in the first place. This is why Nina settled to the 35 coin increment instead. That’s not to say she had given up on the 50 platinum altogether. Big changes couldn’t be made, but small changes stacked one on top of another could still yield the same result. It was a tactic that legal wives often used.)

- You will not be allowed to make amendments to this agreement.

This contract put a lot of power into the hands of the legal wife, if Noah had refused Nina’s request to increase her income, she could have used it to render the marriage contract null and void.

Which would lead to divorce.

In such a situation Noah would either have to find another noblewoman to marry but given his circumstances the price would be enormous or surrender his domain to another noble knight. This must be said was extremely unlikely as an increase in the domain under the control of a noble knight might bring unwanted interests from the legal wife.

This just shows the power a marriage contract had. As it stood Nina was bound to aide Noah in ensuring Colin will inherit the household as long as he did not break the contract.

Such a situation cannot be said for the noble knights at the academy.

They have yet to get the noble ladies to agree to the marriage contract which puts them in an even more pitiful state than their fathers.

The noble ladies are well aware of the noble knight’s predicament and fully exploiting it.

A marriage contract requires the parents or guardians of both parties to sign as a witness.

For a noble knight to bring that discussion to the noble lady’s parents. The noble lady has to first introduce the noble knight to her parents. There is no way around this.

Knowing that even daughters of poor barons or barons facing financial difficulties were acting with such contempt towards noble knights - despite most of them being 2nd or 3rd daughters with no inheritance to speak of.

In other words, before a noble knight got a marriage contract they were basically at the beck and call of the noble ladies.

[This is worse than I imagined] (Colin Frederick)

As Colin thought that a knock came at his door.

“Hello Colin” (George Dragonfire)

“Long time, No see” (Aaron O'Brien)

“Late as ever, you have a bad habit there” (Archie Lancaster)

“You guys. What are you doing here?” (Colin Frederick)

“Eh…You don’t want to see us?”

Colin looked at his childhood friends.

George was a bulky guy with red hair and eyes. He was a muscle head whose strength was unequaled among the group. His fist when unleashed without restriction could produce air pressure that blew his enemies away. Colin had the miss fortune of facing this attack in the past.

Archie was a master of magic. With blue short hair and green eyes, he was an easy-going person. If he wasn’t hunting monsters, you would often find his deep in books. Learning spells of every element, even if it was an element he couldn’t use. Colin often asks for his advice on how to cast spells.

Aaron with his brown hair and eyes was the shortest of the four. However, his hunting skills were second only Colin, but that was only because Colin could use magic as well as swordsmanship. Aaron’s <Superior Awareness> skill was unmatched, not only could he cover an area the size of the capital but he can also pick up on small details such as height, sex, healthy or injured and more importantly after many years of polishing his kill he can even determine if they are friend or foe.

“That’s not what I mean…I” (Colin Frederick)

“Save your reunion for later…I don’t have all day” (Charley Gardner)

A guy was standing in the hallway looking at the reunion of the four.

“Who are you?” (Colin Frederick)

“This is our senior from year two. He is here to give us the noble knight’s orientation.” (Archie Lancaster)

[Ah…father did say that a senior would come and give the ins and outs of the academy…of course, it’s not for free] (Colin Frederick)

“Here you go” (Colin Frederick)

Colin gave Charley 2 platinum coins for a total of 8 platinum coins from the 4 of them.

Colin looked and Charley trying to recall where he had met him before. It didn’t take long for him to realize that he was the first guy he saw being humiliated by that noblewoman when he first arrived at the academy.

“First of all, welcome to hell. Secondly, listen very carefully I will only say this once.” (Charley Gardner)

His tone was heavy as if it came from a soldier who has fought countless battles.

He sat on Colin’s bed, which was the only piece of furniture in this small room.

Colin paid close attention to what he had to say.

“Tomorrow the school will hold its orientation for the new semester. All students will be gathering at the main hall early in the morning. Be sure to arrive 2 hours early or you will be asking for trouble.” (Charley Gardner)

The guy was puzzled by his words and gave a puzzled look

“In noble society, the lower your standing, the earlier you arrive at venues. Breaking that rule in your first year will make you an outcast. Tsk…as if we noble knights aren’t already outcasts” (Charley Gardner)

He mumbled that last part to himself but the keen hearing of everyone picked it up. They could only offer wry smiles at his words.

“After the orientation is over we will be holding ROKUKEN” (Charley Gardner)

“Eh…isn’t that too early?” (Aaron O'Brien)

“We are doing this out of consideration for you guys. This year it’s going to be pretty bad for the newcomers.” (Charley Gardner)

A cold shiver ran down their spines. From what they had seen things at the academy were already pretty bad but now they were being told it is going to be worse.

They held their breaths waiting for an explanation from Charley

“Her royal highness, Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia will be attending the academy.” (Charley Gardner)

[​IMG]

6. hitori kanoko

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 5

“A member of royalty…I see” (Aaron O'Brien)

“Eh…What does that have to do with us?” (George Dragonfire)

“Money…Am I right?” (Colin Frederick)

“That right. There is one thing more valuable than money in noble society and that’s connections, but you need money to establish connections and that’s where we come in. As you know, a noble knight can either marry a baron’s daughter or a viscount’s daughter – because of that, we never pay much attention to the higher noble houses but it will be those same noble houses that will aim to form ties with the princess.” (Charley Gardner)

“Because she is the next heir?” (Colin Frederick)

“That’s right…” (Charley Gardner)

“I still don’t get how we fit in this picture?” (George Dragonfire)

“I am also a little confused” (Archie Lancaster)

“There are two ways you can find a wife at the academy. The first is to directly approach a noble girl and hope for the best. There is not much success in this approach. Secondly, it’s to approach a higher noblewoman whose family rank is that of a count or higher. Sometimes these noble daughters will have followers from lower noble houses. In exchange for supporting them in the school, they will arrange a marriage with one of their lower followers.” (Charley Gardner)

“I see. In other words the higher noblewoman will gain financial support from us, in return, she will offer a connection to a lower follower who in turn will become a wife for us.” (Colin Frederick)

“That’s the jest of it...” (Charley Gardner)

“But when all is said and done…can’t the noblewoman simply break the arrangement once our usefulness is gone?” (Archie Lancaster)

“She can, but it will cause her reputation to take a major hit.” (Charley Gardner)

[I see. If it was revealed that while she benefited from a noble knight's support, but she, in turn, couldn’t repay that support, her reputation and trustworthiness would take a hit. It might even be serious enough to undo everything she did so far.] (Colin Frederick)

Colin’s thoughts were spot on. The noblewoman would have everything she did up to that point be undone if she failed to live up to her end of the bargain. The only way she could ever break off such an arrangement is if she was fully confident that her reputation could be recovered.

However, in noble society, such a thing was never guaranteed.

“I’m still puzzled about something. Will their families not provide for them. I mean…we are talking about the next Queen right? Surely they will provide financial support right?” (Charley Gardner)

Charley held out his hand with a grin on his face. Colin immediately knew what he was asking for. He places another 2 platinum coins into Charley’s hands.

“Don’t look at me like that. You’re asking about matters outside the academy, of course, it will cost you extra to hear it.” (Charley Gardner)

He said calmly. Colin shrugged his shoulders when the other guys glanced his way. For noble knights money was a precious commodity. Spending two platinum coins on useless information were just foolish but Colin had to hear about the reason behind it.

“Gambling!” (Charley Gardner)

“Eh…” (Colin Frederick)

“Underground gambling dens have appeared not only in the capital but in the domains of nobles as well. Rumor has it, that many noble men and women have taken a liking to it pretty hard. They are pretty much gambling away large sums at a time.” (Charley Gardner)

“I thought gambling was illegal in the kingdom?” (George Dragonfire)

“That’s why it’s an underground dumb ass! Basically, some of the higher-ranked nobles are strapped for cash because of it and lower-ranking nobles haven’t been spared. Spending money to make a connection to the princess is going to be pretty hard.” (Charley Gardner)

“That’s where we come in?” (Colin Frederick)

“Right. I’m sure much higher ranking noblewomen will gather followers from viscount or baron household and use them as bait to lure noble knights - such as yourselves to become their lackey.” (Charley Gardner)

“If that the case then won’t we be treated better?” (George Dragonfire)

“Nope… the opposite. We are the lowest ranking nobles who are treated like dirt by the baron and viscount daughters, if a higher ranking noblewoman was to treat us better her reputation would take a hit. The only exception would be royalty, but the odds of befriending royalty by us is next to impossible and I wouldn’t recommend it either.” (Charley Gardner)

“Eh…why not? Wouldn’t forming ties with royalty improve our chances of finding a wife?” (Archie Lancaster)

“Not even close. If anything it would most likely put you in the same situation as a bastard noble dog.” (Charley Gardner)

“What’s a bastard noble dog?” (Archie Lancaster) (George Dragonfire)

“It’s what the noble girls call those of us who failed to meet their expectations. Whether it was money, talking back, or disrespecting their lovers and partners. In any case, once you are labeled one, it's all over. The princess will most likely have followers from duke families. The people who are trying to form connections with her will most likely be from Marquess or Earl Households. They are the ones who will form followers with the viscount and baron daughters who can’t so easily approach the princess and her followers because of the difference in status. Do you see where the problem of forming ties with royalty is?”

“If a noble knight were to form a tie with princess it might be taken as the princess laying claim over the knight. Even if the princess wanted to disprove the rumor because of the difference in status between her and the baron and viscount daughter, they wouldn’t want to risk earning her displeasure by going after the noble knight – not to mention the princess wouldn’t have followers from lower noble ranks, therefore…” (Colin Frederick)

“Your life at the academy will be officially over.” (Charley Gardner)

Everyone was silent…They all had the same thought [The chance of me meeting the princess is slim, but let’s make it zero just in case.]

“Umm…I have been meaning to ask you senior. What is that around your neck?” (Aaron O'Brien)

Aaron asked that with a puzzled look on his face.

“Ah this. You see some time back a noblewoman found her noble knight getting cozy with a lover girl.” (Charley Gardner)

“Eh…is that true!”(Archie Lancaster) (Aaron O'Brien) (George Dragonfire) (Colin Frederick)

“Well according to what I heard, the noble knight was setup by the noblewoman who didn’t want to be married to him because she fell in love with a commoner that her parents didn’t approve of.” (Charley Gardner)

“That's just…” (Aaron O'Brien)

“That bitch…” (George Dragonfire)

“…” (Archie Lancaster)

“…” (Colin Frederick)

“Anyway, the noble knight was expelled from the academy and branded the first bastard noble dog. Likely he had a younger brother to replace him. I hear he is happily married to a common girl in his father’s domain. I don’t know whether to be happy for him or not. Anyhow, ever since then, noblewomen who accept being courted by a noble knight place collars around their necks as if they were pets to show that there is someone who laid claim to them. You see this…this is the crest of the noble I am courting right now.”

“Ah…that woman” (Colin Frederick)

“You saw that huh…?” (Charley Gardner)

“Sorry” (Colin Frederick)

“Save it for yourself. This place is living hell for us noble knights. Well, that all I have to say. If you ever need any more information, look me up. Of course it won’t be free!” (Charley Gardner)

Charley left the four friends behind for his room on the second floor. That was the floor that housed 2nd-year students.

He tossed the pouch with the platinum coins he earned up and down in his hand.

[With this much…she shouldn’t complain…?] (Charley Gardner)

Charley heard a familiar sound from the other side of his dorm room door. It was a sound he was familiar with. He grits his teeth as he heard mourns of a woman.

[Tch..!] (Charley Gardner)

He opened the door and saw what he was suspecting. On the only furniture in the room. One woman lay her head on the laps of another beautiful woman while a handsome man was thrusting his penis into her vagina.

The woman who was being f**ked like a wild beast was someone Charley knew all too well. She was the noblewoman who had agreed to be courted by him.

She had yet to introduce him to her parents but for all terms and purposes, as it stood she was his finance – Catherin Pandaramn.

Catherin Pandaramn.

She was a third daughter of a poor baron.

Having been born to a poor baron household, Catherin wasn’t treated favorably earlier on when the family’s financial situation was stable. However, the head of the family incurred heavy debts from gambling just as she was about to set out for the academy.

To raise the money to pay off those debts. Her father instructed his daughter to find a noble knight and present him to the family so as they can negotiate a marriage contract as quickly as possible.

However, when she arrived at the academy she soon forgot her family. Anything can be bought with money. Catherin who was ignored by her family found herself in a place where a certain type of person would do anything for her attention.

A noble night.

She quickly learned from her seniors how to manipulate noble knights into doing her bidding and no long after arriving she was soon approached by a noble knight seeking her courtship.

She arrived at the tea ceremony he had prepared. She walked with an attitude just like her seniors had advised her to do.

Her eyes went wide at what she saw in front of her. The finest tea, cakes, and sweets.

Back in her old house, these treats were usually reserved for her brothers and elder sisters, but that was not the case here.

Everything here was for her and only her.

She felt like a princess.

Normally one would not agree to be courted by a noble knight on the first tea ceremony but that only applied to those of well-off noble families or those whose future was promising in terms of marriage prospects.

She had neither.

When her family was rich she was neglected and when became poor, she was neglected still - up until she left for the academy.

She wasn’t going to miss this chance and agreed to be courted by Charley on that very day.

Soon much like her seniors, she began to demand more and more from Charley who found himself virtually entering the Labyrinth every 4 days to raise funds for an ever-demanding appetite for luxury.

No longer after, she like many others bought lovers, but what was unusual was the fact that one of the lovers was female.

The females of the twin lovers tribe, usually never leave the island. However, there was one by her side. Charley couldn’t make heads or tails of how this came to be until he found out that the male lover had requested it.

Apparently, they two were lovers.

Her big boobs bounced with every thrust the handsome man made. Her pink long hair swayed with every motion. Her soft skin was sweating. You could hardly see her yellowish eyes as she half-closed them.

“Do you like that..?” (Zain)

The handsome spoke with a smirk on his face as he looked down on Catherin. He had red short hair and red fiery eyes.

“Yes…Ah…Please don’t stop” (Catherin Pandaramn)

“Eh…Is that any way to ask me? Ask properly…” (Zain)

“Please…don’t stop Zain-sama!” (Catherin Pandaramn)

Zain let out a beastly smile before thrusting even harder than before after Catherin cried out to him with ecstasy written all over her face.

“Catherin-sama, let me make you feel good” (Susan)

“Ah…Susan, if you lick my nipples I will…Ah…Ahhh…I am Cumming” (Catherin Pandaramn)

The girl with a beautiful face licked Catherin’s nipples as Zain pounded her pussy. Her name was Susan and she was Zain’s childhood friend and lover. She had bright orange hair with light blue tips that matched her blue eyes. Her cup size was the same as Catherin’s.

Catherin was laying on Charley’s bed exhausted and sweating.

Despite having their dorms, some noblewomen would often head over to the dorm room of their noble knights to have sex with their lovers.

No noble knight knew of the reason for doing so.

When asked, the noble ladies would respond in a typical manner

“A noble dog dare question me?”

“Shut up…you don’t need to know why I do this”

“Hump”

“Oh…Am I not wanted here? Have you found another to marry you?”

Yes. The noble knights didn’t know the answer to the question but the male lovers did.

7. GUTB

GUTB Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Goddamn. Absolutely merciless.

8. hitori kanoko

Reading List:
    Link
    chapter 6

Zain was born on the twin islands to a poor household with his only ray of sunshine coming from his childhood friend Susan.

“Hey, what are you going to be when you grow up?” (Susan)

“Isn’t it obvious Sue? A lover of course” (Zain)

The twin-island or twin kingdoms as others sometimes called it, was a set of two islands that sat in the middle of an ocean side by side.

They were so close that one city spanned the two islands - connected by a silver bridge.

One island housed men while the other housed women, but the city that spanned both allowed the men and women to live together.

This city was called Union City.

Men and women of the two islands, who wished to have children would gather at the city.

When the child is born the parents would raise the child together until he or she reached the age of 12.
    After reaching 12 years of age they and the parent they shared the same sex with, would leave the Union City and head to their parents’ home town - never to see their other parent again – unless fate intervened, but even if it did, the only place they would most likely meet their parent would be in Union City and there was an unwritten rule of parent and child pretending to not know one another.

Over the years this rule as well as other rules had been relaxed and sometimes removed.
    The reason for this was simple.

Lovers.

The males of the island had in recent years discovered a job that paid handsomely. For a long time, the twin islands were considered poor kingdoms.

The Queen of the female island and the King of the male island wasn’t even considered royalty by those of the main continents, but all that changed close to 412 years ago when a noblewoman of the Kingdom of Eleadia saw a male of the twin kingdom loading cargo onto a ship.

He was handsome in her eyes and she quickly approached and asked him to be her lover.

Seeing that she was of nobility the young man accepted.

At first, he was nervous when he found out that she was still a student with a fiancé but those thoughts quickly changed when began to understand the nature of her arrangement.

She was engaged to be married to a noble knight and their marriage was one of convince.

From what he could tell, she held a lot of power in this arrangement and no matter how badly she treated the noble knight he still never once talked about canceling the engagement.

What’s more, was the ridiculous amount of money the noble knight spent on the woman

[This bitch isn’t worth this much. Is this man a fool? No! He is desperate. He had to get married to this bitch. I can use this to my advantage, can’t I?]

The man spent 2 years at the academy.

Tempting girls with sweet words and charming looks.

It wasn’t long before the academy frowned its eyebrows at his presence, but he swiftly bribed the nobles who in turn pushed the academy to accept noblewomen having a lover on their grounds.

He earned a lot from the women he served, but as the numbers who requested his services grew he realized it was too much for him to handle.

That's when he formed the lovers’ guild and went home to recruit others to work under him.
    Before long the lover’s guild grew – only the merchant guild had more wealth than it, but that was only natural.

Many lovers would often open shops and join the merchant guild.

These lovers filled with money they could only have dreamt of - began to build mansions and luxury villas back home.

This made the male island prosper extremely and the male side of the Union City also began to grow rapidly.

The Queen of the female island noticed the growth of the other side.

She desired that growth but unlike the males, there was little to no market for female lovers.

In most kingdoms, noblemen bought slaves when they needed a lover.

While the beauty of their women was excellent, most men would rather go for quantity rather than quality.

Rather than pursue a hopeless case, she opted for another proposal.

She proposed to the King of Male Island that the females would henceforth, raise the children, regardless of gender. This would allow more males to leave the island to become lovers.

In exchange, the males would provide financial support to the mothers.

To the Queen's delight, the King happily accepted this proposal.
    Of course, he would.

The moment the king agreed was the same moment he cummed inside the naked Queen, as she laid on her bed - inside her chambers - with him on top of her.
    Even the handsome King to the twin kingdom could not escape the temptation of a vixen Queen.

With this, the twin alliance was formed and the two islands quickly prospered.

“So, you are going to leave me?” (Susan)

“When the time comes I will send for you.” (Zain)

“Eh..? Is that possible?” (Susan)

“I will make it possible.” (Zain)

“Then I will wait for Zain…” (Susan)

It took years after Zain was born before he traveled to the Kingdom of Eleadia. With nothing but some simple clothes on his back and the dreams in his head.

[I will become the best lover and make a lot of money for Susan and me to prosper] (Zain)

Now that he officially recognized as an adult he ventured on to build his fortune.

At the lovers guild, he soon found out how hard it was to become a lover.

The training would last many years.

Speech.

Manners.

Human Education.

Basic combat skills.

As well as Magic training for those compatible with it.

A lover had to be perfect in all aspects, especially in one particular aspect.

Sex.

Common born women who became slaves were used to teach lovers how to properly bed a noblewoman.

At first, Zain was reluctant to touch another woman who wasn’t his Sue, but he got over such emotions soon enough.

Another aspect of his training was how to treat the noble woman’s noble knight, or as the guild calls them, cash cows.

“You must maintain a sense of superiority over them. Humiliate them any chance you get. Most noblewomen enjoy humiliating their noble knights. Make sure you join them and encourage them in that aspect. The worst-case situation that can ever happen, is a noblewoman falling in love with her noble knight. You must prevent this, at all costs. One fire spell can do little damage, but toss it into a dry forest and you will have a nightmare on your hands.”(Guild's head)

This was a message from the guild head. A descendant of the founder of the lover’s guild. He has managed this guild after his father’s death some time back and has proceeded to expand it.
    He opened branches in many other countries despite the odds against him.

While those businesses were bringing in some capital. It was a drop in the ocean compared to the Kingdom of Eleadia.

To him, the biggest threat to the business was the possibility of noblewomen falling in love with the noble knights. To prevent this he needed his lovers not only to be charming but ruthless in their treatment of noble knights.

After his training was over he was introduced to his first client.

She was a noblewoman attending the first year of the royal academy. Her name was Catherin Pandaramn.

She like many who come to the lover’s guild had a noble knight supporting her desires.

Zain quickly worked his charm on her and they form a contract.

The lover’s contract is rather simple. In exchange for an annual payment, the noblewoman will have Zain become her lover.

Because Zain was new to the guild, his services were priced at 5 platinum coins per month, however, that was more than enough for Zain.

Before long, Zain had Catherin Pandaramn eating from the palm of his hand.

He discovered how needy Catherin was and showered her with sweet words of praise and attention.
    Rather than being her lover, it was more like she became his love slave. She never questions his requests and always did as she was told.

While the lovers guild never made it public, in secrete they encourage their lovers to build this type of relationship with their partners.

To what end is still unknown.

It was the beginning of her second year at the academy when Zain had a very curious request for Catherin.

On one cold morning, a ship docked at the Kingdom of Eleadia port city, just 10 minutes north of the capital.

Zain's eyes shined when a beautiful woman stepped down from the ship. It was the face of someone he hadn’t seen in a long time.

“Kept you waiting Susan?” (Zain)

“Yes you have Zain” (Susan)

A fully grown Susan stood in front of Zain. She had gone from cute to beautiful. She blushed as Zain stared too hard at her face.

“Stop staring at me” (Susan)

“Ah sorry.” (Zain)

“Is that her Zain?” (Catherin Pandaramn)

Catherin called out from behind Zain.

[Tch…Don’t spoil this moment you ugly bitch] (Zain)

Of course, he couldn’t say that.

“Yes. She is my childhood friend. Susan” (Zain)

“Please to meet you madam.” (Susan)

[You didn’t need to curtsy to this bitch Susan. Tch…] (Zain)

“Ho my…you are as pretty as Zain said you would be. Let’s get along” (Catherin Pandaramn)

“Right!” (Susan)

In front of the ship, the two held hands like long lost sisters and smiled at each other.

“What shall we do now Zain?” (Catherin Pandaramn)

“I want to show her around the capital, but I am low on funds… so I guess…” (Zain)

Zain wore a troubled expression on his face as he glanced at Catherin with puppy eyes.

[Ah…this must be him acting as a lover. So this is the face you make Zain. It kind of cute…](Susan)

“Eh…I’m also low on funds. Not to mention the princess will be attending this year. I have to prepare a gift at least” (Catherin Pandaramn)

“Eh…the princess will be attending this year?” (Zain)

“Yes. An official announcement will be made later but it’s pretty much a sure thing” (Catherin Pandaramn)

[Why didn’t this bitch say something so important sooner? If I can get close to the princess I might be able to help that man out? If I can do that, then my position will be…] (Zain)

“Of course this is not a matter for low nobility like myself to be concerned about. Rather, it will be in my best interest to not be involved with her at all. I just need to prepare a gift and that’s it…” (Catherin Pandaramn)

[Tch…Useless bitch] (Zain)

“Please don’t trouble yourselves on my account.” (Susan)

“No…no…no. Your Zain’s childhood friend. I want to hear all the stories of Zain’s youth. Let’s go out. Now that I think about it. The new semester is starting, if I remember what my seniors were telling me, that useless knight might be coming into a little bit of cash next week. Alright, I will just have to make that useless noble knight pick up the tab.” (Catherin Pandaramn)

9. hitori kanoko

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 7

In the massive school assembly hall, the entire school was assembled for the welcoming ceremony.

Seating was done not by class but by noble rank.

Higher ranking nobility was seated at the front in luxury seats with waiting maids and butlers.

The further back you went, the less flashy the seats were, and at the very back stood the noble knights.

While the new noble knights looked in shock at the well-built assembly hall. The older knights were deep in thoughts.

Some thought of how best to end the year without any incidences.

Others thought of how best to acquire a partner before it was too late.

And some were deep in anger as they remembered the events from before.

Charley was one of them.

His fiancé, Catherin Pandaramn had brought her lover Zain and his childhood friend Susan to his room.

The three then had sex right in front of him.

When it all ended. Charley was forced to hand over the platinum coins he had earned selling information to the freshmen who had arrived.

“You made some bit of money today, haven’t you?” (Catherin Pandaramn)

“Ah…Just a little” (Charley Gardner)

“Hand it over” (Catherin Pandaramn)

“Eh!”

“I need to buy a gift for the princess and Sue needs new clothes. It’s a pain but…”

Charley couldn’t believe what he was hearing. He had already paid her monthly payment of 12 platinum coins and now she wanted more.

Where was all that money going?

He turned towards Susan who was being called Sue which he concluded was a nickname as she was helping Catherin get dressed.

He must have stared a second too long at her naked body which he was seeing for the first time as he wondered whether this new addition into Catherin’s life would mean more trouble for him money-wise because…

“Oi Oi Oi…where the hell are you looking at!?” Zain shouted before landing a kick on the kneeling Charley.

Charley could have easily avoided or caught that kick, but doing that may result in an, even more, displeasing situation.

Thinking that he let the kick connect unhindered.

[Filthy beast…you dare look at my Sue with those filthy eyes] (Zain)

“There is no need for that Zain…It’s not like I will ever allow that dog to touch me.” (Catherin Pandaramn)

[I wasn’t thinking about you bitch…Don’t misunderstand my intentions. The only one I care about is Sue] (Zain)

These were Zain’s truthful thoughts but he couldn’t utter such words towards her.

“Even so. I felt jealous. I don’t want any man to lay his eyes on you” (Zain)

He uttered those words before giving a beautiful smile. Catherin was overcome with happiness as she heard those words.

[If you don’t want such a thing then don’t do it in my room dam it…](Charley Gardner)

Just remembering that made his head boil with rage.

[​IMG]

Just as he remembered those things a voice rang out across the hall.

“Please welcome, the representative of the first years. Her royal highness, Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia.” (Headmaster)

With golden thick long hair, a slim waist, c cup breast – an elegantly dressed young girl walked up on stage.

She had a standard school uniform on. An above-knee greyish skirt, white shoes paired with black pantyhose’s. A white shirt covered with a light reddish-brown jacket that had the academy crest on it.
    Her blue eyes surveyed the students before her before she gave a gentle smile.

“Goddess”
    “Beautiful”
    “I am in love”
    “Simplify amazing.”

Such compliments were echoing in the hall. They came from every direction but one.

[Those must be the noble knights!] (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)

She senses the gloom or anger in many of their faces.

[If only the royal family had more power. Then…] (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)

While all noble knights are aware that their current predicament was because of the marriage decree the royal family gave in the past what they didn’t know was that some decades after they had given up appealing the law, the royal family wished to remove the law.

However, there was opposition from lower nobles such as barons and viscounts who were greatly benefiting from it.

They bribed high-ranking nobility to block the law from being removed.

It pained her to admit it, but the royal family’s power was almost none existent.

Normally the royal faction would be lending its power to the royal household, but over the centuries the three of the five most powerful duke families have all but taken over the faction.

As it stood the royal family was nothing more than a figurehead.

History would mock the royal family for finding itself in this situation which would not have occurred had they not passed the marriage decree, which allowed lower ranked noble to amass large sums of money - which in turn they used to bribe higher-ranked nobility- which in turn made them more powerful than the royal family.

[There is no use thinking about that…](Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)

“My fellow students welcome to the royal academy. It’s an hour to have the privilege of studying alongside you all. As the future leaders of our great kingdom, I call upon you all to act in a manner that is befitting your status and to uphold the dignity of noblemen and women.” (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)

She gave an elegant speech that moved the crowd - well almost everyone in the crowd.

The noble knights showed no expressions apart from the ones they came in with. They didn’t have time for this silly little girl’s talk of nobility and dignity. As far as they were concerned those didn’t apply to them.

After a lengthy speech by the princess, the assembly was brought to a close.

The nobles went about forming connections with other nobles, as the noble knights went off to ROKUKEN.

The princess looked on as the knights went off from her room, high in the girls’ dormitory.

“Where are they going?” (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)

“Hum…Perhaps they are going to the Labyrinth”

The person who spoke was her lady in waiting, Catherin Sealedge Collwood.

A third daughter of a Duke Collwood household. One of the two great duke houses that were still loyal to the royal family.

She had purple hair and brown eyes. Her lips were too a shade of red. She wore the same uniform as the princess except for the black pantyhose’s and white shoes – choosing to expose her long sexy legs with red shoes.

She had large 32 D cup breasts that attracted the attention of lustful men everywhere.

“Yep, that sounds about right. They all always go together this time of the year to do something called ROKUKEN”

The person who followed up Catherin’s answer with an explanation was the princess another lady in waiting. Helen Von Hillthorn.

A fourth daughter of a Duke Hillthorn household. The other house of great duke houses was still loyal to the royal family.

Between the three she was the most informed and second only in intelligence to Princess Teresa.
    She had long light blue lack hair and bright green eyes. She had a slender body with C-cup breasts.
    She wore the same uniform and style like the princess, except for choosing the common brown shoe instead.

“ROKUKEN?” (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)

“It’s how the noble knights pick a leader I am told. Every year as the rest of the noble form connections after the welcoming ceremony, the noble knights head off to the Labyrinth.

The highest earner among them becomes the leader for the year.” (Helen Von Hillthorn)

“Hmm…Is that all you know about the matter?” (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)

“I heard that the last leader was a current second-year named Charley Gardner.” (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)

“Then is he likely to be the leader this year as well or…” (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)

“Very unlikely that he will be the leader this year.” (Helen Von Hillthorn)

“Why do you say that?” (Catherin Sealedge Collwood)

“While I am not 100% sure but it seems that first years are the ones who always inherit the role of leader but I don’t know the reason behind it. The only exception was someone called Noah Frederick who was a leader for three straight years.”

Because the leader of ROKUKEN had to folk over 80% of their earnings, many second years and third years tend to not aim to win at all. First years are trying to prove themselves would on the other hand go all out to win the ROKUKEN.

Charley Gardner never told Colin or his friends any of this as it was an unspoken rule to not tell the newcomers until after the ROKUKEN as a rite of passage.

However, in reality, they just wanted windfall in their expenses.

Colin’s father won the first ROKUKEN he took part in because of his skill. He was fortunate or unfortunate to have already made an agreement with Nina Maccabaeus in his first year at the academy, however many of the other noble knights did not.

During his second ROKUKEN despite having no reason to win if - he took it upon himself to do so and earn as much money as he could to help his fellow noble knights out.

The pride of a noble knight wouldn’t allow charity. He knew his friends and other noble knights would not accept him just giving them the money up front so he decided to win the ROKUKEN and give them through that.

He made the same decision in his third year as well.

Many noble knights were saved by the windfall his earning provided and till this day have a large amount of respect for him because of it.

“Is that so?” (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)

“Why the sudden interest in noble knights Teresa? Don’t tell me you’re in love with one.” (Catherin Sealedge Collwood)

“Don’t say things that will cause misunderstanding Catherin. Her highness knows better than to be involved in troublesome situations.” (Helen Von Hillthorn)

“I know, but then why?” (Catherin Sealedge Collwood)

Princess Teresa sighed before speaking, “Don’t you feel anything for the way noble knights are treated? As a member of the royal family, I can’t but help feel that it is my fault that they go through this.”
    “Ah…but even if you say that there is nothing you can do.” (Catherin Sealedge Collwood)

“I know” she answered just before the Labyrinth came into her view. “Helen, the noble knights make a majority of their money from the Labyrinth right?”

“Ah…yes, I believe so. Why?” (Helen Von Hillthorn)

“Our kingdom's most expensive export are rare materials from the labyrinth. Those materials usually come from hunting midrange monsters like orcs, ogres, ghouls, and Giant Serpents or Spiders. Are noble knights responsible for all that?” (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)

“That’s impossible. First of all noble knights don’t form parties…” (Helen Von Hillthorn)

“Huh! They don’t form parties! Why is that? I know from my brother that forming parties is the basics of adventuring in the Labyrinth.” (Catherin Sealedge Collwood)

“That’s true. Well, at least until you reach floor 10, where the midrange monsters are found. Any floor before that is where the small fry monsters are found. You don’t need a party to explore those.” (Helen Von Hillthorn)

“Does that mean that noble knights only explore floors 1 to 9?” (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)
    “Probably” (Helen Von Hillthorn)

“Then where do they earn the money they spend on those gold diggers.” (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)

“Your highness! Please reframe from saying such things. What you were overheard. Please refer to them as noble ladies as should.” (Helen Von Hillthorn)

“Come on Helen…you and I know there is nothing noble about them.” (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)
    “Even so, you must stop yourself from speaking your mind,” she replied with a sigh. “In regards to your earlier question. I just don’t know. Noble knights conduct no other business. The Labyrinth should be their only source of income.”

“Maybe they team up inside the Labyrinth and head into deeper floors” (Catherin Sealedge Collwood)

“Hmm…that is a possibility” (Helen Von Hillthorn)

“Can’t we just check the records of the Labyrinth?” (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)

“Such records do not exist your highness” (Catherin Sealedge Collwood)

“Eh! Why?” (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)

“The management of Labyrinths across the world are handled by Labyrinth guilds, however, here in the Kingdom of Eleadia it is managed by the merchant’s guild and those greedy bastards don’t put as much effort into managing it.” (Helen Von Hillthorn)

“Is that so?” (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)

“Yes. Apart from the receptionists, there are virtually no other staff members that work in the Labyrinth. They use a magic tool they bought from the northern continent to automatically process all the material explorers’ deliver and pay them.” (Helen Von Hillthorn)

“Ah…you’re talking about that guild card they all carry. Brother told me about them. They wave their card over a monster they have killed and whoosh, it disappears and their credited based on the worth of the monster they have killed.” (Catherin Sealedge Collwood)

“Yes. The one the merchants purchased is a cheap version of the ‘transmission payment tool’. It cost less to buy and even less to maintain. Furthermore the fact that there are no records plays favorably with the merchants' hands.” (Helen Von Hillthorn)

“How so?” (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)

“In situations where they a certain dispute may arise, the merchant’s general response would be, ‘sorry there is no record of us ever receiving that monster kill. As such we cannot pay you’” (Helen Von Hillthorn)

“Ah…but won’t that make people not trust the merchant’s guild.” (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)

“The example I have given is extremely rare and is a result of the tool not working rather than the guild cheating the explorer out of their hard-earned money but nether-less it still means that there are no records of explorers activates in the Labyrinth.” (Helen Von Hillthorn)

“I see” (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)

The princess stared on as the noble knights headed off to the Labyrinth.

[Can you make that amount of money fighting small fries?

No…it’s impossible. Everything is telling me it impossible but if that is the case then how are they making all that money?

And I have seen first hand the level of strength of our royal knights and kingdom knights, there is no way they are responsible for the vast amount of rare materials the merchants guild is always exporting to the north continent.

Something doesn't add up!

But I don't have time for this. As much as I feel sorry for the noble knights, I have troubles of my own.] (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)

10. hitori kanoko

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 8

On the first floor of the Labyrinth, the noble knights were gathered.

This was the staging area for their ROKUKEN.

As the senior students informed the newcomers about the rules an exploring team watched from the distance.

It was an all-girl adventure party. Comprising of six members.

“Are those noble knights?” (Tank Girl)

“I believe so.” (Mage Girl)

“What rotten luck.” (Thief Girl)

“What do you mean?” (Healer Girl)

“You are saying you have never heard of the stories?” (Thief Girl)

“You mean the ones about no monsters appearing when noble knights are around?” (Warrior Girl)

“Exactly. Noble knights are a curse to us explorers of the Labyrinth. Just our luck to be here when a bunch of them have assembled.” (Thief Girl)

“Isn’t their number way more than a bunch? What are they doing?” (Ranger Girl)

“Who cares? There in our way.” (Thief Girl)

“There no need to lose your temper. We just have to go deeper into the Labyrinth.” (Ranger Girl)

“Don’t be ridiculous. This is not your low-end Labyrinth you know. Don’t forget people haven’t even made it past floor 30 yet.”(Thief Girl)

“I wonder about that. I heard that the merchant guild regularly sells dragon materials. Wouldn’t that mean that people are exploring as far the 50th floor.” (Mage Girl)

“That is just an urban legend. Don’t you think any party or knight unit would be signing their exploits at the bar by now?” (Thief Girl)

“What if it was the noble knights who were responsible for it? I hear they hardly socialize in public that would explain why there is no news of their exploits.” (Healer Girl)

“Are crazy? Everyone knows that noble knights are weak pathetic men. I was once hired to escort a noble lady to the capital from the Bonnies.

The noble knight she was married to was pathetic. He was running alongside our carriage for a whole mile while his wife was getting fucked by her lover inside the carriage. It was pathetic. There is no way those wimpy men could take down a dragon.” (Thief Girl)

“I must agree with that statement. I have never heard anything positive about noble knights ever. I don’t think they are capable of doing such a thing.” (Mage Girl)

“I wonder about that. My uncle who regularly travels to the Bonnies to trade always warned me to not pick a fight with noble knights. He said, ‘Don’t even think of blocking one of their attacks you hear. Doge or run away.” (Tank Girl)

“You mean the same uncle who sold me this cheap ass knight for ten silver coins?” (Thief Girl)

Tank Girl could only shrug her shoulders at thief girls’ remarks. Her uncle wasn’t a successful merchant nor a reliable one.

“If what your uncle said is true then I will ask a noble knight to marry me while naked. For now I going to tell those bastards to buzz off… Eh… Where did they go?” (Thief Girl)

“They must have left while we weren’t watching?” (Mage Girl)

“Does that mean we can start exploration now?” (Healer Girl)

“That right… Find us some prey… Is something the matter?” (Warrior Girl)

[Impossible! There is no way a group that large could have left without me noticing anything… It’s just impossible to slip past my skills as a ranger. Especially on a grassland lake this…] (Ranger Girl)

While Ranger Girl tried to understand what was going on the noble knights had already reached the 12th floor.

They zoomed past each floor, leaving behind only after images of their presence.

Their goal was the 45th floor.

A large grassland floor with a single large tree growing in the middle.

Before they were sent off, they were given four rules to follow.

The first was that no infighting was allowed. You could not attack another noble knight during ROKUKEN.

The second was to head straight to floor 45 and ignore or other monsters in their presence.

Thirdly, any monster not yet swiped was fair game.

When registering as an explorer every noble knight was given a guild card. When a monster was defeated one simply needed to wave the card over the monster's corpse and the monster would be immediately teleported to one of the merchant guilds warehouses for processing and the card will be credited with the appropriate amount for each monster.

One then simply needed to go to the magic tool near the reception to collect the amount owed to them.

The merchant guild was so cheap that they dared not hire any staff to handle the processing of payment and left it all to the magic tool.

Fourth. Once they arrived at floor 45 they had one of two choices. To fight or wait for the battle to end and proceed to floor 46 where they can earn their own pocket money if they desire.

As they moved through the floors, the monster dared not approach them. It was like they were avoiding them.

Monsters in general believed in one thing and one thing alone.

The strong rule the weak.

To monsters, humans are the weakest.

Goblins as they raped captured women would often taunt, ‘Because your men are weak, your children are weak, and you are weak. That is why you are here.’

Humans and monsters cannot understand one another.

For the raped women all they can hear are the sickening howls of a monster.

Monsters were also not stupid.

One needed only to at the weapons or armor Orcs and Ogres are often spotted with. Even the traps that goblins make should have been a sign to humans that monsters weren’t so simple-minded creatures.

Monsters can tell if their opponents are strong or weak. Humans would often come out as weak but there were exceptions.

Sometimes humans in funny clothing and weapons would appear to challenge the monsters.

Sometimes they would win and dismantle the monsters for materials to sell.

Sometimes they would lose and have their dead bodies eaten while their armor and weapons were taken by humanoid monsters like goblins and orcs.

Of course, as bad endings go, that was the lucky one. The world is full of stories of female adventures becoming playthings for goblins, or male adventures being roasted alive by Ogres.

Adventuring was a do-or-die occupation. That paid well for the high risks one often took.

Of course, noble knights were the exception.

Even now as they passed the 40th floor no monster dared approach them. They could feel it. These were not your ordinary humans.

The reason no monster appeared whenever noble knights were around was that monsters like goblins were scared of them.

They could feel the difference in power just by glancing at the noble knights.

As the knights entered the 44th floor Colin started a conversation with his friends.

“What do you think is waiting for us on the 45th floor?” (Colin Frederick)

“It can’t be a floor boss. It should only appear on the 49th floor.” (Archie Lancaster)

“Then perhaps it a place where a lot of monsters appear?” (Aaron O'Brien)

“Something like that only appears in the deep floors. Around floor 70 onwards.”(Archie Lancaster)

“Then what can it be?” (Colin Frederick)

“I don’t care what it is as long as I get to kill something.” (George Dragonfire)

“Spoken like a true muscle brain.” (Archie Lancaster)

“What did you say?” (George Dragonfire)

“Nothing.” (Archie Lancaster)

“Save it for later guys. Looks like we have arrived.” (Colin Frederick)

The noble knights had arrived at floor 45.

It was a large grassland with a large tree growing in the center. The tree was so large that it touches the sky.

The noble knights could see fruits growing on the tree.

“That is the Labyrinth world tree.” Charley Gardner spoke as he stood in front of the noble knights.

“Can’t believe I am seeing a sky underground.” (George Dragonfire)

“Don’t bother trying to figure out the mechanics of such a thing. People smarter than you and me have tried and failed.” (Archie Lancaster)

“My father was right. It’s as if you are sent to another world. What do you think Colin?" (Aaron O'Brien)

When Colin didn’t reply to his comment, Aaron looked at his friend and found him not looking at the tree or sky but what was there beyond the tree.

Colin was the first but soon the other first years began to notice it.

What was beyond the world tree was an army of monsters.

“Welcome to ROKUKEN!” Charley Gardner said with a grin on his face.

No one knows exactly when it all started but at some point whenever the world tree bared its fruit a large army would assemble on the 45th floor.

Orcs, Ogres, undead, ghouls, horned wolf, and goblins were all neatly arranged in battle formations.

Anyone else would be mistaken into thinking that the demon king had returned as that was the only time that monster armies were ever spotted.

However, this was not the case for the noble knights. They knew that this army would be here. It always appears whenever they do ROKUKEN, almost as if the monsters were waiting for them and that is exactly what was happening.

Facing humans that strike fear into them, Mid-Ranged monster such as Orcs, Ogres, undead, ghouls, and horned wolves throw away their pride and allied.

They knew from experience that these humans descended into the Labyrinth in large numbers whenever the Labyrinth World Tree bared its fruit.

They would assemble an army and meet them head-on, there was only one problem.

Who leads such a massive army?

After long discussions, they sought the help of even greater monsters.

The High-End Monsters, such as Vampire Familiars, Golem, Cursed weapons, Arachnes, Chimera, and Earth Dragons.

The High-End Monsters have also encountered these humans before. While they did not fear them as much the Mid-Ranged Monsters they couldn’t hide the fact they too were unable to beat these humans in combat.

It was agreed that a High-end monster would take command of the allied forces each time it was assembled and the honor of commanding that force this time around belonged to a monster that was fared by all humans across the world.

THE ARACHNE

11. hitori kanoko

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 9

The Arachne is a half-female human and half spider monster. Its upper human body would always be that of a beautiful female figure.

It was for this reason, that noblemen and wealthy merchants would often put out an underground request for their capture.

However, even in the dark abyss of the underground, no one was stupid enough to take on such a request.

The capture of monsters was forbidden, across the world.

The penalties for attempting such a thing were no limited to fines alone. Even Death wasn’t out of the norm for people caught doing such a thing, regardless of wealth or status.

Even royalty was not free from these restrictions.

To know the reason one needs to only look back 300 years ago.

In a certain city now lost to time called zenith, the local lord known for his greed and corruption made a special request to a group of adventures known for doing dirty work.

He wanted a live Arachne for his private collection of playthings. At that time the capture of monsters was heavily regulated but not banned.

One need only to prove that it was for scientific research to have it approved, but this lord had different desires for the Arachne.

It took the adventures of almost three monsters before they managed to complete the mission and in the dead of night, they transported the captured Arachne to the lords' dungeon.

The Arachne was chained to the dungeon walls where the lord marveled at its beauty.

Long red hair

Deep blue eyes

Perfect pink lips

Big boobs covered in spider silk

Arachne was everything he ever wanted in a toy. And the fact that the toy was a monster meant it could not easily break.

The Arachne screamed in pain with every strike from his whip. The lord took pleasure in hearing the screams of others regardless of whether they were human or monsters.

He would strike and mock the monster every chance he could.

The joy of superiority filled him with immense pleasure.

It wasn’t long before he desires another pleasure from the monster.

In an act that was considered beyond taboo.

The lord unclothed himself and began to rape the monster.

Touching her body with his pig-like hands, the Lord reminded the Arachne of the Orcs she once preyed upon.

This treatment from a weak creature was unbearable.

Arachne were monsters that did not toy with their prey. Unlike Goblins, Orc, Ogres, and Vampires they saw no reason to do such things.

The strong must act with dignity

This was the common belief of all Arachne.

As the years passed by the treatment of the Arachne never changed.

Sometimes she is beaten.

Sometimes she was raped.

Sometimes both.

Sometimes she was shown off to merchants and other noble who lived in the city.

They laughed and mocked her.

Even the drunk female nobles showed no compassion towards the monster.

One even took it upon herself to cut her long red hair, much to the dislike of the lord, who demanded compensation.

In reality, he just wanted an excuse to carry out his perverted fantasy.

With her hands chained to the walls had her spider legs firmly shackled to the ground. There was nothing the Arachne could do as the lord and noblewoman had sex on her back.

The lord and noblewoman drowned themselves in ecstasy.

How many can say that they had sex on the back of a High-End Monster

‘These creatures were are worse than Goblins’ is what she thought at the time

She wanted to kill them all in the most painful way imaginable.

She prayed with all her might to the one thing being all monsters know, fear, and worship.

THE DEMON KING.

Five days later as if answering her prayer a massive earthquake stroked the city.

The ground shook as walls cracked and collapsed everywhere.

The citizen fled their houses for the safety of the street.

When it was over, the citizens looked to the night sky and gave their thanks - little did they know that their nightmare was just beginning, for in the lords’ dungeon, the Arachne used all of its strength and broke free from its imprisonment.

“My lord your orders.” (Knight Commander)

“Arrange for my family and me to travel to the nearest city. Then take care of this mess.” (Lord)

[Tsk…this fat pig is leaving me with all the work. Why can’t he do his job for once.] (Knight Commander)

“My lord, wouldn’t it be better if you remained in the city to boost morale?” (Knight Commander)

“You expect me to live here? Out of the question. A man of my status cannot live here until reconstruction is finished.” (Lord)

“Understood… about the funding for the reconstruction...” (Knight Commander)

“Get it from the peasants.” (Lord)

“My lord the people have already paid their taxes, asking them to…” (Knight Commander)

“What are you talking about you dummy? They are just commoners. If I say they haven’t paid their dues then they haven’t. I am the lord of the city, none may question my…”

Just then the door to his office burst open.

The corridor beyond the door was pitch black.

The Knight Commander and the other knights took fighting positions.

They could feel the chill in the air.

While they couldn’t see clearly, they knew. Something was in the darkness.

“What is going? Who is there?” (Lord)

As soon as the lord asked the question three balls were thrown into the room.

Under the flicker of the candlelight, the Lord saw that the three balls were the heads of his wife and two sons.

His face went pale. His heart raced.

“You dare kill my family! What are you fool waiting for? Kill the assassin.” (Lord)

Despite yelling that command from the top of his voice, no knight took even a step forward.

From the pitch darkness, they felt a tremendous murder intent. All their years of training were nothing before this killing intent.

From the pitch darkness, it slowly emerged.

Its blue eyes now vivid red, perfectly matching its short hair.

Its hands were blooded.

The chains that once shackled it to the wall now dragged across the floor making an ominous sound.

[​IMG]

The lord was now filled with rage.

Not because the knights were not obeying his orders.

Not because his family had been killed.

Not because his pet Arachne was out of its cage.

That dupe didn’t even understand the position he was in right now.

“Why are you smiling? I forbid you to smile!” (Lord)

Yes. What angered him was the smile the Arachne had on her face.

The Arachne made sounds the humans couldn’t understand.

“Found you! Found you! Found you.” the Arachne uttered over and over like a broken record.

“Kill her, kill the monster.” (Lord)

[Oi Oi Oi… Are you stupid or what? This isn’t a simple monster here. This kind of monster is the sort you hear about in legends. A monster that serves directly under the Demon King. This is without a doubt a DEMON LORD.] (Knight Commander)

No sooner had the knight commander thought so, than he found himself flying in the air. As his body flew, he saw the head of this subordinates flying of their bodies one at a time.

His face went pale from the sight. He crushed through the wall and lost consciousness. Luckily he did not die. He and few survivors from what would come to be called the Zenith Nightmare would give testimonies to investigators.

With no Knights to protect him, the lord reached for the whip he kept in his table but the Arachne flipped the table before he could ever reach it.

She picked him up before slamming him into the wall. She coughed out blood, but she didn’t care. She slammed him into the floor next, breaking many bones in his body.

The Lords finally realized his predicament and began to plead for his life.

“Please, spare me. I will let you go if do.” (Lord)

The Arachne didn’t understand what he was saying but she felt pleasure in the expressions he was making.

While it was against her nature to play with her prey. For this lord and this city, she would make the exception.

With a scream that echoed the entire city, she unleashed her fury.

In the darkness, she descended, hunting and killing anything and anyone in her sight.

She was especially cruel to those who were unfortunate to have armor on, be it knight or adventure.

The city wall and gate were covered in sticky web that could not be burnt or cut.

There was no escape for the citizens.

She beheaded and dismantled people left and right, pilling their corpses into the streets.

Some survivors claimed to her seen the Arachne running down the street with a woman being dragged behind her.

The woman screamed as her flesh was ripped off her but the Arachne paid her no mind.

It would seem that the price for having sex on a High-End monster's back was a high one. Had that noblewoman known this perhaps she would have never done it?

No matter how hard she screamed the Arachne still dragged her along.

In a desperate bid to end things, the adventure guild and knights joined forces to fight the Arachne.

As luck would have it the same Adventures who were responsible for her capture were part of the hurried assembled force.

They were confident in their skills.

They had no doubts that they would be victorious.

However, what the Knight Commander had concluded was true. This was no longer your everyday monster.

She had become a DEMON LORD.

And true to that title, she killed everyone but the adventures who captured her in an instant.

The seven adventures could hardly move under the glare of the DEMON LORD Arachne.

When dawn came, the screaming in the city was over. The lords’ castle was reduced to rubble along with many other buildings.

Merchants arriving at the city found seven naked bodies nailed at the city gates. They were bodies of the adventures who had captured the Arachne.

Their bodies were horrifying to look at.

Royal knights from the capital were rushed to the city to investigate what had happened.

Upon completing their investigation, the capturing of monsters was banned in the kingdom.

Other Kingdoms quickly followed suit.

Even the merchant guild in Eleadia turn their back on this.

“You can’t sell goods to the dead. Losing one customer is unfortunate, losing an entire city is a crime.” That is what they thought.

Those greedy merchants wouldn’t allow someone’s hobby to threaten their businesses.

As for the lord and the Arachne, their fate was never confirmed.

Some say the Arachne dragged him into the forest to torture until his final breath others think it ate him alive.

Whatever his fate was, all that came from this event was the fear engraved in humans about Arachne's and right now an Arachne was commanding an army against the noble knights.

12. hitori kanoko

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 10

A massive army of monsters stood in the noble knight’s way.

Being led by an Arachne Genera, it numbered 25, 000 strong.

Any sensible person would call for a retreat when the odds were against you but,

“Welcome to ROKUKEN!” Charley Gardner said with a grin on his face. “Only the goddess and our forefathers know exactly when and why monster armies appeared whenever we held our ROKUKEN but that doesn’t matter to us. All I know is this is a hell lot better than searching each floor for them.”

The deeper you went into a Labyrinth, the larger it became. Floor 90 – 99 were send to be the size of small countries.

Searching for prey in such a large area would be difficult even for noble knights.

That why this army that stood before them was heaven sent.

It made it easier to carry out the ROKUKEN.

All you had to do is kill more than anyone else.

“All right. You know the drill. Anyone who wants to be a leader has to go down there and kill the most enemies. However, I have never known someone wining ROKUKEN without killing the general. If I were you that would be my target. May the best noble knight win.” (Charley Gardner)

Charley clapped his hand loudly which signaled the start of the ROKUKEN.

A 1000 noble knights dashed across the field of battle towards the monsters.

Charley looked on at the dashing noble knights before turning his head to the monster general.

[Long red hair, deep blue eyes, pink lips, and big boobs covered in spider silk. It can be, can it?] (Charley Gardner)

[So those are the humans these monsters were having trouble with? I tell that they are no ordinary humans but it still within my expectations. This will provide a great experience for when that great one calls for me.] (Arachne General)

“Goblins, forward attack. Orcs prepare to in circle them.” (Arachne General)

[I will use the goblins to distract them while the orcs get into position.] (Arachne General)

The goblins charged the noble knights.

The knights overwhelmed the goblins to the point that the Arachne general was irritated.

[Tsk…they can even act as decent pawns. This is the last time I rely on Goblins] (Arachne General)

“They are trying to surround us?” (Aaron O'Brien)

“Looks like they are trying to use tactics rather than just brute force.” (Archie Lancaster)

“Are they stupid? Brute force always wins.” (George Dragonfire)

“As expected from our muscle brain here.” (Aaron O'Brien)

“Shut it. I am going to win this and make you all kneel before my might.” (George Dragonfire)

“Doubt that. You have never beat Colin before.” (Archie Lancaster)

“Today is the day, you hear that Colin?” (George Dragonfire)

“Loud and clear. Let’s go George.” (Colin Frederick)

Colin and George charge the orcs.

George with his giant berserker blade, hacked the orcs in half, while Colin with his swift movements beheaded them one at a time.

“Impressive. Those two are excellent fighters.” Charley commentated

“But they can beat you right?” His fellow second-year classmate asked

“Humm… I can take on the big guy but the other one might be difficult.”

“EH!!!”

Charley’s strength was known to be excellent. The fact that he had won the ROKUKEN in his first year was proof of his strength.

Usually, it was a second-year student, who had a fiancé lined up that usually won the event.

Charley and Colin’s father are one of the few rare exceptions to this rule.

And from the looks of things, Charley concluded that Colin would join the club.

[Like father like son, but what is this feeling I can’t shake. That Arachne, what exactly is it up to?] (Charley Gardner)

Colin and George continued to inflict heavy damage on the Orcs who continued as ordered.

“Those guys are truly beasts in their own right.” (Aaron O'Brien)

“Yeah…but I can’t afford to lose face.” (Archie Lancaster)

Aaron and Archie had finished the last of the goblins and proceeded towards the Orcs.

The noble knights fanned out in all directions to intercept the encircling Orcs.

As the battle continued, Colin and George were ahead of the pack in terms of speed and battle power but between the two it was Colin that was getting all the attention.

As a group of ten Orcs charged in his direction, he flicked his guild card in their direction.

The card flew towards the oncoming Orcs and as if by magic a blurry figure zoomed past the flying card.

The figure with swift movements, beheaded every Orc one after another. As the Orcs fell behind him, the guild flew over the fallen dead Orcs and swiped them one after another.

The blurry figure stopped after its tenth kill and caught the card that flew in its way.

“Who’s next?” (Colin Frederick)

“Oi Oi Oi…What was that?” (Aaron O'Brien)

“As expected I guess.” (Archie Lancaster)

“Show off” (George Dragonfire)

[Seriously…](Charley Gardner)

[That human…How can he be so skilled? Nether mind the encirclement is almost complete. I need to make preparations.] (Arachne General)

The Orcs managed to surround the noble knights at the cost of many lives.

In this position, a normal army would have an advantage over the encircled foe but that is only if the encircled foe didn’t have superior battle power.

Unfortunately for the Orcs, their opponents did have such power.

“Inform the General that we can’t hold this encirclement for long.” (Orc Commander)

Orc bodies were dropping like flies with every passing minute.

Arachne General upon hearing the report began to activate her plan.

“Darkness comes forth, across the valley of the shadow of death. Lead the masses to destruction and oblivion in a never-ending chain. Give me the power darkness to strike.” With a grin on her face, she finished the incantation.

“This is?” (Archie Lancaster)

Archie was the first to notice it.

The Orcs that surrounded them shirked and cried loudly. Their bodies began to crumble away - slowly turning to ash.

“This is bad!” (Archie Lancaster)

“What’s happening?” (Aaron O'Brien)

“They are dying on their own?” (George Dragonfire)

“No. This is magic…dark magic. Quickly, help me form a barrier.” (Aaron O'Brien)

“Oi Oi Oi Charley…isn’t this bad for us too?”

“Everyone who can use magic quickly cast a barrier in front of us. Hurry!” (Charley Gardner)

“Too Late Humans.” (Arachne General)

The Arachne General raised her hand to the sky with the grin still on her face.

“Feel my revulsion for your kind… SACRIFICIAL EXPLOSION” (Arachne General)

The explosion was so powerful that it shook the floor erupted around the encircled knights.

It was so bright that Charley and the others had to close their eyes.

After the flash, thunder, and shockwave silence fell upon the floor.

13. AdrianSteel

AdrianSteel Member

Reading List:
    Link
    interesting

14. hitori kanoko

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 11

“What the hell was that?”

“Some sort of dark magic..”

“It used those Orcs as a catalyst..”

“Oi Oi Charley, should we call off ROKUKEN?”

“We need to get down there and help any survivors…”

Charley clicked his tongue as his classmates and third-year seniors gave their opinion on the matter.

[What the hell was that? Arachne doesn’t use that kind of magic and that power level was off the charts. I don’t like this…]

“Everyone, prepare for…” as Charley began to speak, something caught his eye. It wasn’t the rising smoke from where the noble knights participating in ROKUKEN once stood. It wasn’t the monster army that howled in celebration, nor was it the Arachne General who looked on with a satisfied look on her face.

What caught his attention was falling from the sky.

It was moving swiftly as if a drone homing to a specific target on the ground.

What Charley saw was…

[Foolish humans. This is the fate of those who face me. Now, I should turn my attention on the other humans further ahead…hum…what is that human looking at? Above me?] (Arachne General)

With a thunderous sound, Colin’s sword meets the outstretched arm of the Arachne General.

The arm which was covered in some thread that was hard as steel blocked Colin’s attack but he wasn’t going to give up so easily.

Using the momentum to carry him forward, he twisted his body and landed a solid kick on the Arachne general, kicking her far.

The Arachne flew in the air from Colin’s kick before crash landing on the ground, a good distance from the army.

She gave a death-shot glare at Colin, [Did this human just hit me? A human hit me? This filth just hit me?] She thought before roaring from the top of her voice in anger.

Colin gave chase after her without looking behind him as monsters descended on him.

“Where do you think you’re going? <<Battle Slash>>” (George Dragonfire)

“You’re going to regret picking a fight with us. <<Rapid Strikes>> (Aaron O'Brien)

“Play with us a little more. <<Fire Wall>> we got this…GO!!!” (Archie Lancaster)

Colin moved as fast as he could after the Arachne General.

[Foolish human, you are courting death.] “Came fast and come forth. Lend me the land of my ancestors. The land of death to those who oppose me. Forest of the Arachne.” (Arachne General)

Upon completing her spell the area around both her and Colin morphed into a gloomy forest with cobwebs everywhere.

Colin stopped to gather his senses but the Arachne wasn’t going to allow that.

From the shadow it attacked. Colin blocked it attacked with his sword but the impact was strong enough to send him flying into a tree.

[This isn’t an illusion? That Arachne seriously summoned a forest? This is getting interesting.] (Colin Frederick)

While the battle between the Colin and the Arachne was ongoing. Outside the Forest of the Arachne, the other knights fought on.

“Take this and that” (George Dragonfire)

“Archie, what is that?” (Aaron O'Brien)

“Must be some more dark magic, but I have never known anyone or anything able to perform two spells of the size and power within mere moments of one another.” (Archie Lancaster)

“Should we help him?” (Aaron O'Brien)

“Don’t be stupid. Don’t deviate from the plan. He said he will take care of that Arachne. You will only get in the way.” (George Dragonfire)

George's words struck home with Aaron and Archie. When Arachne finished casting her SACRIFICIAL EXPLOSION.

Colin was the one who raised a barrier and protected everyone else, before taking a giant leap into the air to land a surprise attack on the Arachne. Archie was the better magician between the two but Colin could still pull off faster spell casting in healing, barrier, and fire elements.

This mostly due to his father’s constant attacks on him when he was a boy undergoing training.

“If you can’t even cast a simple barrier in the blink of an eye, how will you survive the demonic forest.” (Noah Frederick)

“Are you seriously going to throw me in there?” (Colin Frederick)

“I am. That’s why you better shape up or you will die out.” (Noah Frederick)

“I can’t…” (Colin Frederick)

“Don’t say that. Never say that. You can do it. You just need to believe in yourself. You can do it. I know you can.” (Noah Frederick)

Raising their sons for the harsh reality of their ill noble title was the responsibility of every noble knight father and it was one they carried out without fail.

You need only look at the current situation. Despite them being outnumbered they were still in the advantage.

“Looks like we won't be needed after all” (Charley Gardner)

“You can say that again Charley”

“I jumped to the wrong conclusion there.”

“How about the guy fighting the Arachne in that forest, will he be alright?”

“Something tells me he will be just fine.” (Charley Gardner)

“This is getting serious.” (Colin Frederick)

Colin had been fighting for close to 5 minutes and he could barely keep up with the Arachne’s hit and run attacks.

[I will wear him down and then strike a finishing blow. He can’t keep up with my movements in this forest. This is my domain.] (Arachne General)

“O flames burn bright and true. Bring warmth and light to all who seek it…” (Colin Frederick)

[Is he chanting? No way…I thought he was a warrior or perhaps a magic warrior… how can he be able to use a chanting spell?]

Magic was something everyone possessed.

The difference between a magician and others was chanting.

Everyday folks could use short chant or even chant-less magic like air dry, and water-splash but to name a few.

Warriors also relied on magic to use skills and warriors with a magical equipment that they had mastered became magical warriors who could use powerful skills and spells.

However, this was nothing compared to a magician who had mastered chanting magic.

While chanting took time to do. Its effect was clear as day.

One chanting spell can kill thousands and even tens of thousands; if countermeasures are not put in place.

With Colin’s skill in close combat. It was understandable that one would think that he was a warrior, and the few spells he used in combat might even make you think that he was a magic warrior. But what Arachne was seeing was a magician specialty, chanting magic.

[I need to put up a barrier!] (Arachne General)

“Turn all to ash and dust. Fire Tornado” (Colin Frederick)

A massive fire erupted and engulfed the entire forest.

It was so hot that even a drop of sweat fell down Charley’s cheek.

All that was left of the forest was smoke and dust.

And what stood in the middle of that dust was Colin and the Arachne

“Sorry…not a fan of the forest, so I burnt it. You don’t mind, do you?” (Colin Frederick)

[fufufu…you have tested my patience long enough. I will kill you now human.] (Arachne General)

15. hitori kanoko

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 12

The battle between Arachne and Colin intensified. Both had now given up on their magic and were fighting hand-to-hand combat at a very fast speed.

“Oi Oi… Can anyone see what is going on?”

“That is way too fast for me.”

“Me too.”

“Those two are something else.”

“What do you think Charley?”

“Both of them are paring away each other’s attacks while trying to find an opening to strike a vital point. This fight will end when one outdoes the other.” (Charley Gardner)

“You can see the fight?”

“And you have analyzed it already?”

“As expected of Charley. If he was fighting that thing, it would have been over by now.”

[Wrong. I can see the fight but there is no way I would be able to keep up with that thing. Colin Frederick… You have to win.]

As Charley thought that, Colin was pushing himself to not fall behind the Arachne General.

She was moving faster and with less wasted movement every passing minute. If he didn’t end this soon, he would find himself in trouble.

“This has been fun but I think I need to end it now,” he said with a smile on his face.

Arachne General also smiled, [It’s a show down]

They both backed away from one another.

The sounds of fighting in the distance disappeared as the monster army had by now been wiped out, but none of the other noble knights rushed to his aide.

They could feel it. This was not something they should interfere in, or rather, they couldn’t interfere with their level of skill.

“Do you guys feel that?” (Aaron O'Brien)

“Yeah, it’s like the whole floor is shaking.” (George Dragonfire)

“The next attack between these two will settle it.” (Archie Lancaster)

In a blink of an eye, it began.

Colin charged the Arachne General.

[Hmm… He seems to have the same idea as me. Pierce the heart to claim victory.] (Arachne General)
    The Arachne General wrapped steel threads around her chest just as Colin thrust his sword towards her heart.

The shockwave of the impact blew a gust of wind in every direction.

[It’s my victory] Arachne General

Arachne General aimed for Colin’s heart with her steel thread-covered hands. Colin didn’t have time to react as he was still recovering from the backlash of his attack.

With a bang, there was another shockwave. The Arachne General’s eyes open wide in shock. Right in front of Colin’s heart was a small barrier.

[Impossible… What trickery is this?]

The reason for her disbelieve was simple. A barrier could be made to cover a body or an area but never has someone managed to use it to cover a small region like the area directly above the heart. As far as she knew, it was impossible to do so. The level of concentration needed to pull it off and in the middle of combat would be unmeasurable.

As for Colin he too thought such a thing was impossible until his father showed it to him.
    The Frederick household had developed the technique a long time ago and its usefulness was clear as day.

While it didn’t offer whole-body protection, it had two advantages.

First, it was quick to summon and cost less mana. Second, it was ten or twenty times more reliable than a normal barrier.

It was this second reason that despite Arachne General attacking at point-blank range with her superhuman strength, she couldn’t even scratch the barrier.

Arachne General’s shock was interrupted when she heard a thump on the ground. She looked down and saw Colin’s sword.

[He let go of his sword. But why?] (Arachne General)

The reason soon became clear. Colin had switched weapons. He dropped his sword in order to summon from his dimensional storage a parting gift from his father. The family’s death scythe.
    The Death Scythe wasn’t something that the house of Frederick used for combat. They were mostly sword, magic, and sometimes spear users. The reason they had such a thing was simple. To land a finishing blow.

Its super-sharp blade as well as its long handle allowed for a powerful finishing blow.
    Arachne General felt a chill down her spine. [The reason got closer was so that he could use that thing.!? Can my threads block it?]

As she thought that, Colin began to swing it towards her with full force. She wrapped herself in her threads for protection but it was of no use. The death scythe passes through like there was nothing there, to begin with.

In an instant, she was cut down and fell.

Roars of victory ran out behind Colin.

“Hump… I would have ended that a lot sooner” (George Dragonfire)

“Sure you would have.” (Aaron O'Brien)

“What an impressive battle.” (Archie Lancaster)

“Not bad at all. Colin Frederick” (Colin Frederick)

Colin reached into his pocket and removed his guild card when he heard,

“Not bad human. I look forward to our next meeting.”

[It talked? Next meeting?] (Colin Frederick)

Colin swiped the Arachne General sending its materials to the guild for processing.
    He told no one that the Arachne General spoke because he thought no one would believe him. However, there was one person who would. Charley Gardner unlike the other noble knights was the only one who knew of one type of monster that has the ability for human speech.

In the lowest floor of the Labyrinth in the Kingdom of Eleadia. A monster watched as the noble knights continued their ROKUKEN after having faced the monster army.

“It was only a clone of me but to think that they would manage to take it down. Humanity isn’t as weak as I thought they were.” She spoke

“Don’t you dare underestimate humanity, you demon lord! There will be a time when you will pay for what you did to me!”

“Silence” she uttered before smacking the human down. No… He wasn’t human. He was a Vampire Familiar, but for whatever reason, he was serving an Arachne.

“Even after all this time you still try to act all noble and proud. Have you forgotten that you too are now a monster? Do you think humans will spare you just because you were once one of them? Don’t be a fool… You are nothing but my plaything just as I was once yours.”

“I don’t care what happens to me as long as you die along with me.”

“Interesting words. I wonder if you will still utter them when a blade is placed on your neck.” She said with a smirk on her face. She turned her attention back to the noble knights. [That human who defeated my clone. I will make him mine.]

16. hitori kanoko

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 13

“Let's welcome our new leader in style. Drinks on him.” (Charley Gardner)

“Oi Oi… Why do I have to pay for the drinks too. I don’t have any money left, you know?” (Colin Frederick)

“Don’t worry. This pub has an open tab for us noble knights. Isn’t that right barkeeper?” (Charley Gardner)

“That right… So drink and eat as much as you want. You can pay for it later.”(The barkeeper)

There were in the commoners' district where they were celebrating the end of ROKUKEN. Colin was finally declared the winner at the end after amassing an amazing 150 platinum coins.

Such a large amount had never been made before. It was probably because of the Arachne General he took down. He also managed to defeat 3 Earth Dragons later on.

The barkeeper poured beer after beer for the noble knights. Making sure to keep tabs on the amount of money he was going to rake in, by morning. His open tab policy which was exclusive to noble knights came from the fact that noble knights were known for their honesty and hardworking.

If a noble knight said he will pay, then he will pay. Some merchants who interacted with noble knights even went as far as saying, “I will always calculate the odds of failure whenever I lend out a coin, except to a noble knight.”

Noble knights who came to drink their troubles always would also help out whenever they came across someone who needed it. Carrying heavy stuff, casting healing magic, or accepting a quest to picking up herbs from the dungeon for free from struggling alchemists; something that other adventures would never do.

All these made the noble knights popular in commoner’s districts. The only reason common girls were not so eager to date them was because they knew of the hardship they would face.

The legal wives were the monsters of nobility. There was no telling how they would mistreat them or their children.

Only 1 in 10 common women would agree to a marriage with a noble night. Those who had thick skin or lost all hope of a better life for themselves.

Luckily the numbers of girls vastly outnumbered the number of noble knights at the academy so even with a 1 in 10 chance of finding a wife, the odds were good for every noble knight.

That being said the first thing they need was the legal wife.

“This is just bullshit…” (George Dragonfire)

Classes had begun at the academy and Colin and his friends were in their first-year classroom or at least what was supposed to be a class.

The room was clearly not well managed. Broken windows, dusty desks, and a broken chalkboard.

The treatment the school gave to the noble knights and other nobility was clearly bias. Not only did noble knights receive inferior classrooms but their dorm room was also the same.

Individual dorm rooms were decent but that was because noble nights coughed out their own pockets to have them fixed up.

“You expect me to make love to my lover in this dump? Fix it at once or else”

Such threats often came from their fiancés as they couldn’t house their lovers in their own dorm rooms.

Nobility could only marry ranks equal to or upwards of two ranks. Noble knights could marry the daughter of a baron or viscount.

Daughters of higher nobility were beyond their reach and these daughters were strictly raised and didn’t have lovers.

The academy couldn’t allow sexual activates to take place in the dorms that housed the daughters of royalty and dukes.

Going to a noble inn to do the deed was out of the question and going to an inn in the commoners' section was even more out of the question.

With no other alternative, most noblewomen after persuasion from their lovers, did it in the room of the noble knight they were engaged to.

Of course, there were some kinky adventures who even dared do it in public places like parks while using the trees as cover.

Some even did it in moving coaches.

Some sensible people went to a house owned by the lovers guild and did it there. Of course, it wasn’t cheap but what was money when you were engaged to a noble knight.

Colin looked on. He was unimpressed about the state of the classroom but figured there was no point in complaining.

The reason he and all the noble knights came to the academy was to find a noble wife. They would probably spend little time at school in the first place and his thoughts were correct.

With the exception of gradable courses such as magic theory, history, alchemy, and accounting. Noble knights were exempted on all other fields that were not gradable.

Horse riding, etiquette, politics, dancing, and sword fighting, were taught to all the other students.

Noble knights never complained about this arrangement as it allowed them more time to venture into the Labyrinth. Even though the school demanded the pay the full price of 8 platinum coins per semester.

Some noble knights like Charley had to provide 16 coins for themselves and their fiancé.

Noble knights also had to pay 1 platinum coin every time they wished to host a tea party for a potential fiancé at one of the many tea rooms the academy had. On the contrary, the other students need only to pay one-fourth of that amount.

This was clearly bias but the noble knights never complained about it. This place was their only chance to meet daughters of barons and viscounts.

“They expect us to learn in this dump for 8 platinum coins?” (Aaron O'Brien)

“There is no use in complaining. It’s not like we are here to learn anyway” (Archie Lancaster)

“Still… But it pisses me off.” (George Dragonfire)

“What do you think Colin?” (Archie Lancaster)

“We will just need to fix it up a bit as we did with our dorm rooms. There is no point in complaining. According to Charley, the administration never does anything even if you complain. For now, help me the dust of the dust that has accumulated. We will make plans to fix the chalkboard at a later date.” (Colin Frederick)

“Sure thing boss…” (Aaron O'Brien)

“I told you not to call me that!” (Colin Frederick)

The noble knights received light lesion from their unmotivated teacher until noon when they were excused from their classes.

Colin was heading straight for the Labyrinth. He still needs to pay back the barkeeper the tab he owed. As he walked he noticed a girl with golden thick long hair, a slim waist, and blue eyes.

She had a beautiful face and he couldn’t help but glance at it a second longer than he needed to.
    It was the first of the next ruler of the kingdom.

Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia.

[​IMG]

17. hitori kanoko

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 14

[A noble knight? Was he looking at me? Did he need something?] (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)

Princess Teresa was reading a book in the park when she notices Colin heading out. They two barely missed glancing at each other. It was noon and classed had broken off for afternoon lunch.

Despite having people curious about her, because she was royalty, no one could carelessly approach her.

Knowing that put her at ease but unfortunately for her, there were three exceptions.

“What a fine day princess. Are you enjoying the weather?”

The one who asked her the question was the number one contender for her hand in marriage, Alexander K. Bennett.

The blond blue-eyed handsome man looked at her with a sparkling daze. The princess gave a wry smile back as she realized he wasn’t alone.

Her other two marriage candidates were also present.

The brown-eyed, red-haired bad boy Leo J. Gabriel and the blue-haired, green-eyed Anthony M. Maverick was also present.

House Bennett, Maverick, Gabriel, Hillthorn, and Collwood were all duke houses and the leaders of the royal faction.

However, despite being leaders of the royal faction. House Bennett, Maverick, and Gabriel openly went against the royal family on many occasions and used their influence to take control of the royal faction which was under the royal family’s control.

As it stood, the royal family did not influence the nobility, a situation that frustrated Teresa and her mother as key policies they wanted to enact were blocked.

“Yes, I am Alexander. It is a pleasure to see you again. You too, Leo and Anthony.”

“The honor is all my princess.” (Anthony)

“Sure… Whatever…” (Leo)

“Don’t be rude Leo… you are speaking to my future wife after all.” (Alexander)

Teresa's cheek twitched a little after hearing that.

“You are the one being rude Alexander. The decision has yet to be made on her future spouse. It could be any one of us three.” (Anthony)

“Hmm… but I heard that you and Leo will be withdrawing your names from the candidate list.”

“Nothing has been decided yet. Your father has yet to make my father a worthy offer.”

“Your father is as greedy as ever Anthony.”

“And your father is as cheap as ever Alexander.”

Sparks flew between the two nobles as they argued between themselves. Meanwhile, Leo could only utter “Umm… Whatever” while Teresa,

[Are you kidding me? Who talks like that in front of their supposed fiancé? I am not some product on sale in the merchant store. Tch… If the royal family had just a little more influence then… Haaa… Thinking about that is no good… I need to think of a way to stop these two idiots before they cause a problem.]

“Are you three causing problems for the princess?” Catherin Sealedge Collwood said as she and Helen Von Hillthorn arrived.

“Ho my… If it isn’t the beautiful Catherin Sealedge Collwood and Helen Von Hillthorn. Nice day to you ladies.” (Alexander)

“Humph… It was nice a nice day until you three showed up.” (Catherin Sealedge Collwood)

“Don’t be like that Catherin. Someday you will marry one of us.” (Alexander)

“I rather marry a goblin.” (Catherin Sealedge Collwood)

“Hahaha… As funny as ever… Speaking of goblins. Princess Teresa, can we have the honor of being your knightly guards for the exploration of the Labyrinth?”

After three months of classes, students were encouraged to form parties and enter the Labyrinth together. This gave them a chance to put into practice the magic and swordsmanship they had learned.

It also allowed for bonds between noble families to be strengthened. Female nobles would often handle the magic aspects of the party. Acting as magicians or healers with some acting as archers as well. Meanwhile, the males could act as the knights of the party. Taking on the roles of tankers, swordsmen, and scouts.

While encouraged this wasn’t mandatory by the school, nevertheless, most students did it. Especially those whose noble houses had a knightly background.

Outside of duels in the school arena, this was their chance to prove their worth. Tales of how they fought monsters by their female companions will surely spread.

[Hmm… I want to turn down their offer but I can’t help but feel that it would be problematic to do so.] (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)

“Alright. I wasn’t planning on doing it but if you insist then I am up for one adventure in the Labyrinth.” (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)

“Princess, there no need to favor these guys request.” (Catherin Sealedge Collwood)

“I must agree. A Labyrinth is a dangerous place for your majesty to visit, even if we limit ourselves to the first three floors.” (Helen Von Hillthorn)

“There is no need to worry. We will have the royal knights closely follow us. That is something your father can arrange, am I right lady Catherin?” (Alexander)

“Even then, I still see no reason why we should partner with you three.”

“Catherin… Please.” Teresa pleaded. She of all people didn’t want to go but refusing them the minimum of one journey to the Labyrinth would cause more trouble than it was worth. She might as well get it done and dusted.

“Fine. I will talk to my father.”

“Great!” (Alexander)

“Well that was exhausting,” Alexander said.

“I agree. That bitch Catherin was a stick in the mud.” Anthony replied.

The three nobles were in their private room talking to one another.

“I swear when everything is said and done I will have that bitch on her knees.”

“What are you saying, Alexander? We agreed that I would have Catherin, in exchange for helping you get the throne.”

“… So we did. Sorry, but today’s events just made me so angry…”

“Don’t worry. Once we take care of the princess and her mother. I will show you something interesting.”
    “Interesting?”

“It will be my newest pet. Catherin Sealedge Collwood. I will that bitch crawling beside me on a leash.”

“Fufufufu… I will look forward to it.”

“Please do. That being said. Leo, did the thing arrive?”

“Yeah… here…”

“This is it?” Alexander asked with his eyes wide open.

What was placed on the table was a necklace.

“It looks like an ordinary necklace but it has a trap inside. It will teleport anyone who enters the second floor of the Labyrinth to the 15th floor. The best part is that it uses the wearers' own magic to do so.” Anthony explained

“She will arrive at a dangerous floor with virtually no magic to defend herself with. That floor is difficult for even a party of C-ranker party. She will die, without a doubt and with her out of the way, and the Queen without an heir, the only course of action will appoint someone from a duke household to be the crown prince.”

“Long live the prince. Alexander”

“Sure… Whatever…”

18. hitori kanoko

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 15

It had been two weeks since the school had begun and Colin and his friends were still unable to find fiancés.

As they looked at the other noble knights who had managed to acquire some, they felt troubled about whether they should be happy for them or if they should pity them.

They saw a noblewoman holding a pile of papers over a kneeling noble knight.
    “What are doing? I got an 88% score on my homework. I clearly asked you for a 100% score.”
    “That’s impossible. That teacher clearly said he would never give such a score.”
    “That’s your problem.”
    “Eh!?”

In another area, they saw a noblewoman and her lover having a picnic as a noble knight acted as their butler.

They also saw a noble knight begging a noblewoman. They didn’t the reason but they could tell from the cold smile the lady gave, the noble knight was getting screwed over.

They also saw a noble knight being made to lick a lover's boots while his finance sat on his back with another woman who wasn’t wearing the academy uniform.

“Eh… isn’t that?” Colin uttered

“Sue… Would you like some more tea?” (Catherin Pandaramn)

“No… let me pour it Catherin…” (Sue)

“You are my guest… It’s fine if I pour it. Zain would have been the one to pour but he is getting his shoes cleaned after this fool spilled it on him.”

[Oi Oi… He spilled it himself. I wasn’t even here… Shit.] (Charley Gardner)

“Thanks, Catherin…” (Sue)

As they chattered people around them started to gossip aloud.

The princess and her two friends were walking past in the park.
    “Who is that?” (Sue)

“Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia and her two aides. Catherin Sealedge Collwood and Helen Von Hillthorn. Both are from duke households.” (Catherin Pandaramn)

“Should we pay our greetings then?” (Sue)

[Oi Oi… there is a limit to daydreaming] (Charley Gardner)

“Sue. Those guys' social standing is beyond our reach. We can’t so easily approach them nor do we want to do so.”

“Really?”

“Yes. Avoiding them is the best possible action to take.”

“I understand. I will avoid them.”

“Good girl…”

[Tch… I really can’t get close to the princess. I guess I will back off and wait for another opportunity to achieve my goals. I will not be some lover forever.] (Zain)

“Now that I think about it. Charley. You went and did that thing that lets you choose the leaders of the noble knights, right?” (Catherin Pandaramn)

“Eh” [Why does she know something like that?] “Umm… yes” (Charley Gardner)

“Who won?”

“A first year. Colin Frederick.”

“It wasn’t you? Tch…”

“Is something the matter?” (Sue)

“I was just wondering if he was hiding money from me. But I guess he is not… There was this wonderful dress I wanted but it is expensive…” (Catherin Pandaramn)

[What is wrong with this woman? Didn’t she just shake me down weeks ago? Where does all that money go? It doesn’t look like she is investing in anything.] (Charley Gardner)

“I think you look beautiful in anything you wear Catherin.”

“Zain… You shouldn’t say that in public.” She replied before blushing.

Of course, Zain was merely playing a role. In reality, he thought very little of his lover.

“How about me?” (Sue)

“You too Sue…”

This time he meant what he said. He truly loved his childhood friend from the bottom of his heart. They both blushed and giggled as he uttered such words to them.

[This is just bullshit.] (Catherin Pandaramn)

“Did you see what was happening?” (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)

“I swear you never change princess…” (Helen Von Hillthorn)

“But…” (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)

“There is nothing you can do in the first place, so stop complaining.” (Catherin Sealedge Collwood)

It was the end of the day and the three of them were in the princess’s room having a light snack and discussing various issues when the princess brought up the issue of the noble knights.

“Even so, have those women no shame in the way they conduct themselves? Treating someone in such a way… They are the worst.” (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)

“They are the daughters of barons and viscounts with no inheritance to their name. It would be hard to expect them to act in a noble way, to begin with.” (Helen Von Hillthorn)

Nobles with no chance to inherit anything had four paths to take. The first three paths were open to male-born nobles.

First, become a knight. Whether it was a royal knight or kingdom knight, it made no difference. They would have a steady income and if they proved themselves they might even be able to marry a noble daughter with inheritance.

Thereby bring them under her family's care. This would in turn strengthen the ties with their own family. In a noble society, blood ties were the foundation of everything.

Second, become an adventure or an explorer of the Labyrinth. Fame and fortune awaited those who reached the very top but the risk was also greater than that of a knight.

Third, become a merchant. This was the safest path but because of the big investment required to start it, many opted for the other two options.

The fourth option was mainly for the women. Marriage. While it was hard for a male to achieve this before becoming successful as a knight or adventure or merchant, a pretty girl even if she was the third born could easily become a wife to a noble, or at the very least a rich merchant. Some would even marry promising knights, gambling on the possibility of their success.

Thinking about this the princess asked the obvious question that hadn’t been asked by the royal family.

“Why noble knights?” (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)

“Eh… What do you mean?” (Catherin Sealedge Collwood)

“Most would marry another noble, a rich merchant and if worst came about, a rising knight. Why would they choose a noble knight when they are looked so down upon because they leave in the border region.” (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)

“I heard that the knights pay for a marriage contract. In return for paying the women. They would have them adopt their firstborn son and have their own children...” (Helen Von Hillthorn)

“I am well aware of all that… but I cant see those women agreeing unless it was for a huge amount. How much do they charge them?” (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)

“Isn’t it recorded in the tax records?” (Catherin Sealedge Collwood)

“Noble knights aren’t taxed because the capital offers no support to the border regions and those regions produce nothing of importance anyway. Very few traders even travel that far. I know that they also pay their fiancés family but those tax-dodging bastards never declare the truth. According to the records, the highest amount is 800 silver coins but I really don’t think that is accurate.” (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)

“Why don’t we just ask a noble knight?” (Catherin Sealedge Collwood)

“We can’t do that. If the nobles found out we were asking around about their fiancés behind their backs it would cause a huge uproar. Besides, even if you got a noble knight to talk. It would be his word against that of the upper nobility. It will just cause him trouble.” (Helen Von Hillthorn)

“Tch… Fine, let’s drop it for now.” (Princess Teresa Hiltrud Eleadia)

[Why can’t i shake this feeling that we are missing something important]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  19. hitori kanoko

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 16

George Dragonfire was a bulky guy with red hair and eyes. He was a muscle head whose strength was unequaled among his friends. His fists, when unleashed without restriction could produce air pressure that blew his enemies away.

Colin had the miss fortune of facing this attack in the past.

While walking in the halls of the school a voice called out to him.

“You there… Noble knight.”

“Eh… Are you referring to me?”

“Yes, you.”

Standing in front of him was a green-haired beauty with red eyes. She smiled as she inspected him from head to toe.

“Not bad… You are definitely my type. Now then… kneel.”

“Eh?”

“Did you not hear my command? I said kneel.”

Her name was Rose B. Hensley, a daughter of a viscount.

The Hensley household was a rich household with wealth to spear. The head had four sons and four daughters, five if you count Rose, but not even her household ever did.

From a young age, Rose’s actions were sadistic to the core. She would often hurt her maids and siblings with what she would call pranks.

It didn’t take long for her parents to unofficially disown her. Knowing that her inheritance rights were going to be stripped from her, she got even wilder with her antics, until the time came for her to go to the academy.

“Listen here, once you graduate from the academy you will no longer be part of our household. You will be officially disowned when you return here... However, if you find yourself a Noble Knight we will be willing to help you with your marriage contract. That is as far as our goodwill will go. My advice is to find one who will supply enough money for you and your future spouse. I hope you understand me?”

Those were the last words she heard from her mother.

When she arrived at the academy. Rose looked at all the Noble Knights that wandered about, looking for fiancés. She also looked at the noblewomen with lovers by their sides.

She observed how they treated the noble knights.

This could be interesting, she thought.

Her ‘toys’ as she liked to call them, would break down every time she played with them, but from what she could see, noble knights were strong.

She couldn’t help but wonder.

Why are these girls so obsessed with those weak guys when there is like an entire army of strong men next to them? And why are those men allowing themselves to be treated like that? Is it a fetish?

She thought about it for a minute but gave up. Thinking was never her thing and…

It doesn’t matter why. The fact that it is; is good enough for me. I will find one among them and make him bend to my will. I will make him my new toy.

She spent weeks looking at promising noble knights. While they all looked strong enough to be her new toy she wanted something more.

Something that would catch her eyes. That something was George Dragonfire.

“Didn’t you hear me? I said kneel”

George was troubled by her words. It was not normal for a noble lady to approach a noble knight. He couldn’t shake the feeling that this was some kind of trap.

“Umm… Who are you?”

“Ah… I jumped ahead of myself there. Rose B. Hensley, a second daughter of the viscount household.”

“Eh…” George was visibly surprised. If she was the second daughter then she had inheritance rights. Noble knights only married daughters who were third or above.

These daughters had no inheritance rights and were the only option available to noble knights when it came to finding a legal wife.

This situation was abnormal.

“Eto… Why would a second daughter approach a noble knight?”

“Because I have decided to make you my new toy. Understand?”

“No-no-no. I don’t understand. Explain it to me carefully.”

“Hmm… I thought noble knights were all desperate for a noble lady to marry.”

“Yes, but they are all daughters without inheritance rights.”

“Really? I didn’t know that… In any case, how long do you plan on keeping me waiting? I said kneel.”

“I won’t. First of all, we are not bound together by the marriage contract. There is no reason for me to listen to a word of what you say.”

“Ah... The marriage contract... Fine, let’s do it.”

“Eh…”

“You need a wife, I need a toy. Our interests seem to align.” She said before licking her lips.

George couldn’t understand this woman. He had never seen someone like her before. She was clearly not normal but…

This is my chance to find someone early on…

“Alright… I will book a tea room…”

“Waste of time and money. Let’s just go to your dorm room and sort it out there.”

“Eh?”

Once inside George’s dorm room, she sat down on his bed. George just stood there like a statue. He was unsure of what to do next.

Rose on the other-hand loved this. She often had her toys stand in front of her as she sat down.

It gave her great pleasure.

“Well then… What was that about a marriage contract?”

“It’s a contract…”

“I know what it is dummy, I am asking for the specifics.”

“Eh… basically I need you to adopt my future children and help them become the next…”

“Boring!”

“Eh?”

“I said! It's boring!”

“I don’t understand.”

“Then I will make it simple for you. I want you to be my new toy.”

“Wait a minute, haven’t we already been through this? I said…”

“If you can last as my toy then I will have them…”

“Eh… What do you mean?”

“Wouldn’t your life be simpler if I had your children instead of some other woman?”

“EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEh”

She gave his surprised expression a devilish smile.

“If you can survive as my new toy... Then I will bear your children.” she firmly declared

Rather than a human, she looked more like a mischievous dryad. Tempting him with wonders, only to suck the very life force out of him. This offer was too good to be true, but if it was true then George may have stumbled on a rare jewel.

[​IMG]

She wanted him to be his toy. He had no idea what that meant but it couldn’t be any worse than how the other women would treat him.

His mind was made up. He had decided what he would do next and Rose saw that.

“I will ask one last time. Kneel.”

George Dragonfire did has she asked. The thrill of having this big strong man obey her words filled her with delight. She looked forward to breaking him and by some chance, if he survived her torture? Pranks? Whims? Whatever you may call it, she fully intended to go through with her promise.

However, not everyone would be thrilled to hear a noblewoman had taken a liking to a noble knight. In particular, a certain group of males would find that very troubling indeed.

20. hitori kanoko

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 17

Archie Lancaster was a master of magic. With blue short hair and green eyes, he was an easy-going person. If he wasn’t hunting monsters, you would often find his deep in books. Learning spells of every element, even if it was an element he couldn’t use.

It was while he was reading one of these books in the park that a girl approached him.

She has long silver hair and eyes. She had pinks lips and a curvy figure.

“You there. You are a noble knight, right?”

Archie had learned of what had happened with George. He couldn’t help but wonder if the same thing was going to happen to him.

“I am.”

“A first-year?”

" Yes.”

“Good. Prepare a tea room at once. I will have words with you.”

“Umm... sure.”

Just like his friend, a noblewoman had asked him out. A very unusual thing to happen. Archie had sent invitations to have tea before, but none were answered favorably.

This would be the first time he was hosting one.

The tea room was prepared and they both sat opposite a table. Archie had just finished serving her tea and cake.
    She sampled the tea before smiling. It was the best tea the country had to offer. Imported from the north, its flavor could not be compared. A small bag would set you back 8 gold coins.

She then took a small bite of the cake. It was from a famous bakery in the capital. Normally even for high-born nobles, you would need to wait for weeks for your order to be filled, however, for noble knights, there was no need to wait.
    Just like the bar owner in the commoner's district. The owner of the bakery recognized the value of noble knights.
    Noble knights accounted for 80% of his profits. They paid on delivery, unlike other upper nobles who demanded credit and never tried to negotiate a discount like merchants.

These two factors along with their daily requirement for his baked good made the owner divide his bakery into two. One served merchants and nobles and the other served the noble knights.

After being satisfied with the service she had been given the noble lady spoke.

“I will require 15 platinum coins a month. 5 platinum coins for the lover I will hire and you will be responsible for all my school matters. Homework, fees, and assignments, etc., etc…”

“Eh…”

“What's wrong? I thought you were the smart one amongst your kind.”

Did she just say kind? he thought to himself

“Eto… I don’t even know your name.”

“You haven’t heard of my family? Noble knights do live in the boonies after all. Listen carefully. I am from the silver viscount household. Shelley O. Silver.” She said proudly

[​IMG]

While she said it proudly. The Silver household was on the verge of collapse. Her irresponsible brother and heir had gambled all of their fortunes while his father was in the capital.

You would think such a person would be more humble towards the person who could help solve all her problems but she wasn’t. She saw no reason to treat Archie any different from a servant.

Her household was 180 platinum coins in debt to gambling houses. The situation was so bad that they had to cut down on their spending. All but essential, servants were gone and the food was no different from commoners.

This was the lifestyle Shelley was not used to and she hated it. She couldn’t understand why she had to endure this humiliation.

Her two older sisters were all married off and were living comfortable lives in other households.

She was outraged.

Why do I have to suffer this humiliation?

At first, her father was able to handle the situation and even managed to send her to the academy.

She had to watch her spending but it was still better than when she was at home. This brought a little joy back into her life until a letter informing her that any more financial assistance was not forthcoming.

The gambling houses had increased the monthly payment to double the previous amount. At this rate, the house of silver would fall.

Her mother pleaded with her to find a noble knight to help save the family.

When she first arrived at the academy, she thought the very idea of taking a noble knight to be beneath her. However, after she saw how the other noblewomen who had knights were throwing money easily, she couldn’t help but feel jealous of them.

Her family’s letter was the final push she needed.

“Umm…”

“If you are not interested in my offer then…”

“Wait! I am… I was just caught off guard there…”

“I will accept that” she replied before waving her empty cup in the air.

Archie stood up and filled it once again.

This is the life I deserve…

Shelley thought.

She was determined to live the life she always wanted and Archie was going to be the foundation of that life.