LCD Let Me Game in Peace

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Mar 1, 2020.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If mythic fights are so fast, then how would anyone get anything from watching them over the internet?

2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If no one who sees it returns, then how does anyone know that its been seen?

I wonder how many times he has to swear off entering dimensional zones in RL before he actually follows through with it...

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, at this point, I can't help but think that he should take the time to study medicine to at least some extent. He could probably make some fairly significant contributions to the field, or at least have a better shot at saving people in even trickier circumstances, himself included.

4. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He could probably better spend his time finding some creatures with healing abilities.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He already has.

6. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he looked but did he actually get any?

7. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    The doctor

jacobpaige likes this.
  8. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really count that as a healing creature. It's counters poisons and parasites. Perhaps it's good at surgery. Doesn't have any magical healing abilities though.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless I'm misremembering, his natural healing is good enough to deal with non-fatal injuries so long as he doesn't have to worry about poisons, parasites, etc. As such, Dr. D is good enough for his own personal needs the vast majority of the time.

10. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    There's healing other people and healing his other beasts to consider as well. Plus it may be able to turn a fatal injury into a non fatal injury.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    His beasts will heal so long as he unsummons them before they die as far as I can tell. For fatal injuries, he already has the talismans and the dragon.

As for healing others (or situations when his talismans are out and his dragon is sealed/dead), I'm not clear on why its superior to have a healing pet that can be killed or sealed instead of learning any form of healing himself. Its not like he wants to live a life of killing. He just wants enough strength to feel safe and has no real career lined up for himself (as he's totally uninterested in fighting as a career). What's wrong with medicine?

12. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    That doesn't help if he's stuck in a drawn out battle like the one against the Buddha guardian.

Magical healing is generally better than non magical healing. He presumably would study non magical medicine and then boost it up with Dr. Darkness. That's most likely going to be inferior in most circumstances to magical healing from a high tier creature. Buddha guardian returning creatures straight from the dead in perfect health being an obvious example of them being nowhere near the same level.

13. secretish

secretish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Keep in mind he is trying to desperately get stronger and become Mythical due to the mass breakout soon. Studying medicine is difficult and a massive time-sink, and he's already crunched for time. What good would studying medicine do if he dies to some random Mythical creatures roaming around once the dimension zones open up? It's not as likely anymore due to his companion beasts, but definitely not impossible with how strong some of the mythical creatures/guardians are, and because of the fact that he still has an Epic-strength body.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not saying he has to do it right now. I'd be kinda shocked if he did. At least, if he got particularly serious about it. But given how fast he learns things, even a cursory interest should improve the way he uses Dr. D. and eventually allow him to become a doctor in his own right (many years from now). Given his disinterest in the career he's currently training for, I would expect that he'd be looking for a new one, and this is one where he could likely do well.

Then why not both? Its not like its hard to acquire a pet with healing abilities. He can probably just buy a very high tier one if he feels like it. Heck, he could probably buy a hundred of them and then merge them until he got some sort of super healer. Its not like he's lacking for wealth or connections at the moment.

My suggestion wasn't about increasing his battle power after all. It was about increasing his contribution to the species and maybe improving his own survivability while he was at it.

Also, we don't know what Buddha Annihilation was doing. Its very possible that those were just shells that would have died on their own after a few hours.

Vincent1873 likes this.
  15. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are there even healing companion pets? Iirc no such thing has been introduced yet, so far the only companion beasts that has to do with healing are Worm Dugu's Gu beasts. They don't neccessarily heal, but it could easily invade one's body to either do harm or good.

Aside from those, are companion beasts who serve as a duplicate or a reserve organ in their companion form.

16. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I remember them being mentioned when he first got to the Zoulou battlefield or whatever it's called. I think the girl who followed him was a healer or something.

17. Bachingchung

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't she a doctor? Or a medical intern or something?

18. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't be bothered to look too deeply with the locked chapters and such but at the beginning of chapter 264 they reference a companion beast with healing abilities.

19. Bachingchung

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the Head Nurse who has healing abilities, there wasn't any mention ot a companion beast.

20. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    There was clearly a mention of a companion beast. It wasn't named but it said, "Under the treatment of a companion beast with healing abilities, his life was saved."