Let's build an island colony (Realistic RPG/Simulator)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by lychee, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I’ve been a subscriber since the beginning. I’m planning to do something similar for the clay roof. That’s why I ask early on if there was clay.

2. Clozdark

Clozdark "Kuma chan \(≧◡≦)/ "「airhead」「nonsense speaker]

Reading List:
    Link
    Taking into consideration from my character perspective and how thing changing the game too much and other stuff,i am resigned from this game.

3. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright! Thank you for playing!

4. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m sorry. It’s my first time playing this sort of game. I didn’t mean to ruined it for anyone. If you come back I will with draw. Please don’t go.

5. Clozdark

Reading List:
    Link
    No,it just it's too much for me to roleplay 2 games,and sometimes i think about this game again isn't suited for me who keep derailing from common options (meta gaming)

The game is strict,but it isn't bad thing,i just kind of people who probably breaking the rule since my scenario is something probably make a sense,but kinda cheating.

- finding crushed airplane and robbed every item for advantage
    - buying boat bicycle(which is cheap)so i can found a paradise island full of fruit
    - etc

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  6. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s fine. It’s totally understandable because this is kind of a time consuming game to play, and it’s not exactly an easy game. Even I’m having trouble posting every day.

I’m thinking about ways the game can be nicer/easier so there’s no pressure to post every day. And I hope there can be a way everyone can have fun.

Sorry for constantly making changes!

It’ll take a little trial + error to start, and even though this game is based on the NUF garden simulator, it’s still very different.

Exitiumm and Clozdark like this.
  7. Clozdark

Reading List:
    Link
    You know rather then seeing me active in other roleplay while didn't replied anymore as i planned to leaving this game,i just to openly said i'm leaving,no hard feelings.

It just my playstyle that problematic like if there's open world pvp i always become player killer,or if the open world life simulator,i keep stealing public property.

It just my nature to play dirty,and i think if this continues thing going to become mess soon.

lychee likes this.
  8. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow. I would never have thought about that scenario. That’s actually pretty cool.
    Well even though it was short I wish you safe travels. Thank you for all the fun.

Side note: The whole player killer thing not so cool.

lychee likes this.
  9. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    Tuesday Apr-24 (sunny):
    • 5am: Woke up and started sharpening my axe and knife.
    • 6am: Started breakfast I had Mountain House Beef stew. All my gear is wet. If I have to break camp and store my gear. It will lead to mold. Also if I want to get back to the ship I’ll need to head back at the latest Thursday.
    • 7am: Decision made. I’m going to leave my camp equipment and just bring a couple of food rations with water. I also bring my sleeping bag. I’m going to make a quick sprint towards the north and see if I can find a suitable home base. If I don’t see anything I’ll head back by Thursday afternoon.
    • 12pm: I made pretty good time for 7 to 8 miles. I better take a break. I had lunch which was Mountain House Lasagna with Meat Sauce. I also kept hydrated.
    • 1pm: Good break. I better head out.
    • 3pm: I need another break. I made about a mile or two. Still no sign of future base.
    • 4pm: Another good break. Another mile I guess. It’s getting hot. I’m starting to run low on water. Luckily I’ve been passing a few small rivers and I’m sure I’ll find some more. I’ll just fill up then. I better continue before it gets dark.
    • 6pm: I need another break. I did find that river. Hopefully I won’t die from some disease or parasite.
    • 8pm: That’s it I’m calling it. I must have cross around 12 miles. I’m beat. No dinner. To tired. Rolled out sleeping bag and went to sleep.
    Status: Healthy, really tired, uncomfortable, hungry, plenty of water.

10. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    Wednesday Apr-25 (sunny):
    • 5am: Woke up and started sharpening my knife.
    • 6am: Started breakfast I had Mountain House Beef Stroganoff. I need to start off as soon as possible before it gets hot again.
    • 9am: It’s a good time to take a break. The terrain looks promising. I’m starting to see breaks in the forest from hills. I hope to see mountains soon. At a guess I must have travel 3 miles.
    • 12pm: I had lunch now Mountain House Teriyaki Chicken. Drank a lot more water. I can defiantly see hills above the tree tops. I need to keep going.
    • 3pm: I don’t know if it’s good or bad, but I’m starting to see less and less trees. All well break time. Drank some more water. I’m going to need to get more water soon. I’ll keep it mind. Better get going.
    • 6pm: Its official the forest is now further away and a steady increase in height all along the bank.
    • 8pm: I've finale came across my first cliff side. All I can say is dam it’s windy here. I skip dinner. Didn’t find river had to fill up at the shore. All I want is sleep. I must have traveled 8 miles. If I don’t find what I’m looking for by noon tomorrow I’ll give up and choose one of my secondary options.
    • 10pm: Sounds like a storms coming. Great. Just great. All I need is more rain as I’m hiking.
    Status: Healthy, very tired (legs a little sore), uncomfortable, hungry, water questionable.

11. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    @Cutter Masterson are you in a new tile? If so, let me know which one and I can reveal the map. And you get to name it again and write what wildlife/resources are there.

12. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe your right. I’m moving to fast. I’m not enjoying the view. Well I really want my dream spot. I’ll come up with a name by the end of the day. Thanks.

13. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Which direction did you go in? If I understood what you wrote, you went a total of 20 miles (32 km) north? Was this what you wanted?

[​IMG]

• West: Unnamed Forest, 10 km away
    • Northwest: Unnamed Lake, 20 km away
    • North: Unnamed Forest, 25 km away
    • Northeast: Unnamed Grasslands, 20 km away
    • East: Unnamed Beech, 20 km away
    • South:Unnamed Forest, 10 km away
    • Southwest: Grand Lagoon, 5 km away

Exitiumm likes this.
  14. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    I am following the shoreline. So I believe I’m inside the tile to the west of East River forest. South of the lake.

lychee likes this.
  15. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    By my reckoning, if you've traveled a total of 12 miles on Apr-24, and then 8 miles on Apr-25, that actually puts you right over the border into the second tile to the west.

Each tile is only ~25 km wide after all, and you traveled 20 miles (32 km). So technically on Apr-24 you stopped in the tile west of East River forest. On Apr-25 you stopped in the next tile west of of that just over the border.

In total you discovered two tiles, so make the names for both please. :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

upload_2018-4-25_16-51-25.png

Exitiumm likes this.
  16. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    No way??? I got it I’ll name them.

17. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Some general helpful hints for everyone:
    • Rift Island is a little bigger than Great Britain/Honshu, but smaller than Madagascar
    • Rift Island has all kinds of biomes, including beach, grassland, temperate forest, rain forest, alpine forest, steppe, plateau (rocky), hills, cold desert (tundra), glacier, hot desert, badlands, big mountain range, small mountain range, hmm... I think that was all of them.
    • The Grand Lagoon is about the size of Lake Ontario
    • I definitely picked a map where there is a water route between the mountains and Port Town

Cutter Masterson and Exitiumm like this.
  18. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Please note that the OP has been modified with many of the changes that have been discussed until now. Please re-read the OP when you get a chance.

Summary of changes:
    • If you miss a few days of posts, you can make up old reports later.
    • No make-ups on reports more than 1 week old (pretend your character was sick/injured or something).
    • If you have multiple characters, each character cannot have a prior backstory with the other characters. Additionally, you cannot favor one character over the other (e.g. making one character the servant of another character)
    • Instead of the 25 kg of free stuff, new pioneers get $1500 in savings that they can spend on whatever they like on their first day.
    • All new pioneers get one free ham radio. Port Town has a 200 ft radio tower.
    • Added a explicit starvation system. If you don't eat or drink for a precise certain number of days, you will become to weak to move, and then die.
    • Added radio communication rules.
    • Added a "routine" (program your character to follow a sequence of commands/activities)
    • Added a selling to earth system

19. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Wiki main page

Wednesday Apr-25 (Jack):
    • 8am: Woke up late today. I get up and have breakfast (finish leftover ration from yesterday).
    • 8:30am: Ground is dry today, so I start hauling the white oak logs from Sunday to the river. It's hard work, even with ropes and pulleys.
    • 11:00pm: I lash all the large logs together into an 8x8 ft raft. This is 8 logs across the bottom and 3 perpendicular on top. Then I anchor the raft so it does't drift away.
    • 12pm: Lunch, 1/3 ration, water.
    • 1pm: Back to cutting 4" diameter white oak trees (20 ft tall), same as yesterday. It takes me 30 minutes per tree to prep it all. I work until I have ten more trees cut down (10 4" logs + 10 3" logs)
    • 6pm: While eating dinner (1/3 ration). The weather is beginning to look bad. I'm afraid it's going to rain tomorrow. This worries me because originally I was planning to raft back to Port Town on Thursday, but I don't want to try rafting for the first time in the rain. Worse case scenario, I'll need to depart on Friday, and who knows how easy or hard it will be to raft back. It would be really bad if some kind of accident happened and I was unable to get back on Saturday. I don't have enough food after all to go another week. Since this is the case, I absolutely want to make sure everything is packed and ready to go at dawn on Friday morning.
    • 6:30pm: I begin lashing the 4" and 3" logs to the raft. I have a total of (30x) 4" and (30x) 3". It takes 24 four-inches to cover an 8x8 raft area, so that's another floor. It takes 32 three-inchers to cover an 8x8 raft area, so I essentially manage to put another two perpendicular layers on top of the 8x8 raft. The last six 4" pieces I use to make an ☒ shape on top of the raft. In my opinion, this is a pretty sturdy raft. It definitely floats, but I don't know how easier or hard it will be to steer.
    • 8:00pm: It's dark now, and I start a fire. The sky is quite ominous so I'm positive at this point that it's going to rain tomorrow. Because this is the case, I want to get some more work done tonight, and I'll sleep in tomorrow because it will be raining anyways.
    • 8:15pm: I take out one of my pots and start it boiling over the fire. I can't put the pot directly on the fire, so the setup is like this. Next I take the bark I've been soaking for the past two days and boil it in the water with wood ash for 15 minutes to process the fibers to the perfect tenderness for making cordage. Once this is done, I take it out and hang it up inside the tent to dry.
    • 8:45pm: Since I already resolved to stay up anyways, I go right outside the tent and go for a short walk. Before doing so, I dump the pot of wood ash water, rinse, and fill it up fresh water because it's rare for me to have a fire going. While on my quick walk, I think about how oak is an incredible kind of wood, and there are so many things you can do with it. I've even heard of people making baskets out of white oak before, and those were really beautiful. While I've never made one before, I'd like to try one day in the future. Instead, I find myself staring at a fallen tree (12" diameter) near my tent. I decided that I might as well spend tomorrow carving something like a bowl, so I take out my axe cut off a section about 18" inches long. This piece I split in half and bring inside my tent.
    • 9:30pm: It's late now and the fire is starting to dwindle to a coal. The water in the pot is still very warm, which was exactly what I was looking for. At this time, I strip my clothes off and soak a rag and scrub myself down roughly with warm water, trying to get the dirt and grime off. I don't have any soap, but I'm definitely not complaining because I haven't taken a bath for almost a week now. It feels really good. After doing this, I wash the pot once more and put out the fire.
    • 10pm: I didn't go looking for firewood/tinder yesterday or today, so I'm pretty much out of dry firewood, but I'm planning on leaving Friday morning and I have no intent to start any fires tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

Status: Healthy, tired, refreshed, feeling clean(er), not hungry or thirsty.

- Money: $100
    All constructed as a temporary raft:
    • 12" diameter x 8 ft - log, black ash - 393 lbs (178 kg)
    • 11" diameter x 8 ft - log, black ash - 329 lbs (149 kg)
    • 10" diameter x 8 ft - log, black ash - 274 lbs (124 kg)
    • 9" diameter x 8 ft - log, black ash - 219 lbs (99 kg)
    • 8" diameter x 8 ft - log, black ash - 113 lbs (51 kg)
    • 12" diameter x 8 ft - log, white oak - 415 lbs
    • 11" diameter x 8 ft - log, white oak - 346 lbs
    • 10" diameter x 8 ft - log, white oak - 289 lbs
    • 9" diameter x 8 ft - log, white oak - 231 lbs
    • 8" diameter x 8 ft - log, white oak - 184 lbs
    • 7" diameter x 7 ft - log, white oak - 124 lbs
    • (x30) 4" diameter x 8 ft - log, white oak - 47 lbs (21.3 kg)
    • (x30) 3" diameter x 8 ft - log, white oak - 26 lbs (11.8 kg)
    • Collapsible 10L Water Container - 0.1 kg (full: 10.1 kg) - http://a.co/hnciX0k
    • 2.5 L water backpack - 0.4 kg (full: 2.9 kg) - http://a.co/6eXzJDM
    • Broadaxe - 1.6 kg - (link)
    • Wooden paddle - 3 kg
    • Boiled oak tree bark, hung up to dry - 2 kg

20. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Wiki main page

Thursday Apr-26 (Jack), Raining:
    • 9am: I woke up to the sound of rain pitter pattering on top of my tarp. I peak outside, and thankfully it seems like it's not raining too hard. I take my time eating breakfast (finished yesterday's ration).
    • 10am: I take my time leisurely carving a wooden bowl about 8" in diameter. I spend a lot of my time chiseling and shaping it. To get a circle, I use a piece of string as a compass in the center of the circle to draw a circle.
    • 12pm: Not hungry since I'm not doing very much today. I continue working on the bowl I'm carving.
    • 5pm: I'm done carving! After a full day of carving, I was able to finish two bowls that look something like this.
    • 5:30pm: I eat dinner. (1/3 ration) At this point it has basically stopped raining. The rain wasn't as heavy as it was on Monday.
    • 6pm: Since the rain is about done, I start figuring out how to pack my stuff onto the raft. Using paracord, I lash my wooden oar to the raft. Then, I pack away two out of three of my tarps since I don't need them anymore, as well as the boiled oak tree bark, into my backpack.
    • 6:30pm: Still have some time before sunset, so I figure I'll cut down a few more thin poles since I still have time. I cut down 12 more 2" white oak poles and crudely remove the branches. Then I lash them secured to the raft.
    • 7:30pm: Dinner (1/3 ration).
    • 8pm: Bedtime. Long day tomorrow.
    Status: Well rested, tired of eating emergency rations, motivated, ready to get going!
    - Money: $100
    All constructed as a temporary raft:
    • 12" diameter x 8 ft - log, black ash - 393 lbs (178 kg)
    • 11" diameter x 8 ft - log, black ash - 329 lbs (149 kg)
    • 10" diameter x 8 ft - log, black ash - 274 lbs (124 kg)
    • 9" diameter x 8 ft - log, black ash - 219 lbs (99 kg)
    • 8" diameter x 8 ft - log, black ash - 113 lbs (51 kg)
    • 12" diameter x 8 ft - log, white oak - 415 lbs
    • 11" diameter x 8 ft - log, white oak - 346 lbs
    • 10" diameter x 8 ft - log, white oak - 289 lbs
    • 9" diameter x 8 ft - log, white oak - 231 lbs
    • 8" diameter x 8 ft - log, white oak - 184 lbs
    • 7" diameter x 7 ft - log, white oak - 124 lbs
    • (x30) 4" diameter x 8 ft - log, white oak - 47 lbs (21.3 kg)
    • (x30) 3" diameter x 8 ft - log, white oak - 26 lbs (11.8 kg)
    Secured to raft:
    • 2" x 8 ft oak poles (x12) - 12 kg
    • Wooden paddle - 3 kg
    • Collapsible 10L Water Container - 0.1 kg (full: 10.1 kg) - http://a.co/hnciX0k
    • 2.5 L water backpack - 0.4 kg (full: 2.9 kg) - http://a.co/6eXzJDM
    • Broadaxe - 1.6 kg - (link)
    • 2" x 8 ft oak poles (x12), no bark, serving as bed - 12 kg

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018