Discussion Lets talk about The World Online

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by shinobimike22, Feb 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shinobimike22

shinobimike22 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is "The World Online" the ultimate kingdom building novel out there?

and the Idea of the game itself is soo good . Especially the way author integrated Historic Figures to the game was a brilliant Idea.

2. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    ZA WARUDO? :blobwoah:

KONO DIO DA !! :blobfistbumpL:

WRYYYYYY :blob_catflip::blob_catflip:

Deleted member 155674 and Sadim like this.
  3. Manah

Manah Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked it because MC clearly studied laws and economy and learned from NPC that doesn't worship him for no reason.

+ Baiqi is cool as fuck.

4. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    There are atleast 2 other VRMMO games where it's based around the Romance of the Three Kingdoms era and the MC has a 2nd chance so knows a lot of tricks. One of them has the MC starting out in an enclosed valley with only a tunnel and sea exit, so it's pretty safe. The other has them starting out in a mountain valley, with one entrance as well.

Both of them have names something like online, overlord, three kingdoms, so they might be a bit difficult to keep asunder if you don't know them, but they were never really translated, should be only a few teaser chapters on one and maybe none for the other.

The Lord's Empire is a bit different with the whole 'Yeah, we're actually going into another planet because Earth is fucked' (that part is similar to TWO , yes ,but the other planets ? No).

They all tend to focus a little differently on what's important, TWO has the 'natives'/NPCs only as subordinates or capital cities, whereas the other two have them as they should be in that timeline, and players instead form influences inside their organizational structure.

5. Wick

Wick Black van owner

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree this novel was good, but the only thing that can't make my heart smooth was about the rules how the best Lord will become president/government leader.
    It doesn't make sense (even though I know it's just novel) how could the people above (current leader) approved it, how do they split the land with other country representative will small country get share, how milliary though it was trouble time they will have ambition with the soldier they lead they can make an Empire, will people with wealthy and authority submit to ordinary people they must have many connection with milliary.
    But as I said the story was absolutely superb.

6. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree it’s an incredible novel. I like how he’s so detailed on China’s history, laws, economic and mythical. Sure he had a cheat, but it’s awesome how he use it.
    The only thing I don’t like is how often he changes his military, government and his people chain of command. I understand the game is fast paced and you have to put people where their best at, but it changes almost after every 10 pages.
    One last gripe. Which isn’t a serious one. The names. Being a western citizen I prefer western names, but I can look past that since it’s Chinese based. What I can’t stand is the multiple names. I have to sometimes back track and figure out who I’m reading about. And another thing is the similarities in name. Some names only has one letter difference. So I have this image in my mind of the character, but all of sudden I realized it’s the wrong character. It can by annoying.
    Otherwise a wonderful novel. It reminds me to look outside the box. Some people in novels stay in their small piece of the world and say I will conquer this wold, but never leave. Than you have this main lead who has conquered distant lands.
    Also the MC needs a harem. I know. I know. Harems are the death of novels, but it’s kinda ridiculous to have small time bandits and thieves having a harem and the MC doesn’t. WTF. All work and no play makes sociopaths. Besides his wife looks a little worn out. She needs help.

At least that’s what I think.

7. shinobimike22

shinobimike22 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean worn out? like from () to ( ) because of the dragon blood?hehe if ya know what I mean *evil smirk*.
    Anyway, yeah A lil bit if harem dosage would've been a great treat. If Users can't then he should've went with NPCs . lul

Would be great if someone pickup those series then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.