Recommendations LF Happy/Fluffy-Harem Novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by LegionUnderground, Nov 18, 2019.

1. LegionUnderground

LegionUnderground Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey,

I've already asked for recommendations like that and especially @Tsuru55 helped me a lot in the past. But again i'm looking for some fluffy/happy Harem stories (LN, WN etc.)

I just don't like Stories with girls suffering because they get rejected or stuff like that and i just like the idea, that everyone you meet and like is getting part of your "family". So its also not so important if there is a HUGE amount of romance... i definitely like it, but as long as they are happy together and wanna stay together in some kind of polygamy relationship, i'm totally fin with that. Also rape and slavery is a no-go for me (sadly slavery is quite common and as long as the protagonist isn't fan of that and may even try to fight/change that shit, im kinda ok with it).
    Also, strangely i'm fine with other kinds of violence against "bad" and some small drama is fine as well, as long as it turns out good in the end and everyone is happy :x

So in short:
    · Polygamy/harem
    · Happy & fluffy (no important death, separation, rape etc.)
    · Long stories! (i wanna get lost in long stories! i know there are some shorter stories that may fit... but i just can't enjoy them)

I don't mind if LN, WN, Chinese, Japanese or whatever... i'm just not a big fan of Manga and there should be enough stuff translated that its worth starting (and not dropped by the translator). Also i don't mind at all if the story is ongoing! If it’s not, i don't have to feel sad at the end because it’s "over" so... xD

I'm working fulltime at my master thesis atm so it may take till the evening (MEZ) before I have time to check, but I will try to answer regularly!

I’m really looking forward to your recommendations and if you have the time, it would be amazing if you could say 2-3 word why you recommended a story ^^
    Thanks so much in advance! =D

Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. (love it!)

World Teacher

Magika no Kenshi to Basileus

Kujibiki Tokushou: Musou Hāremu ken (bit to pervert heavy)

Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou (start a bit darker, but since all his important people are always happy I loved it)

Shinmai Maou no Testament

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei (nearly no romance)

My Wife is a Beautiful CEO (different from Japanese novels, but I loved the MC and the Harem/Romance!)

NEET Receives a Dating Sim Game Leveling System. (I was sceptical at the beginning but it’s amazing and later on (not translated jet) there is quite a lot romance)

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk

Campione!

Tsuki Tsuki!

Seireitsukai no Blade Dance

Magika no Kenshi to Basileus

Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut

Living in this World with Cut and Paste

Great Demon King

Supernatural Claivoyant

How not to summon a Demonlord (not a big fan, but at least fluffy/happy and some "romance")

Long Live Summons! (not finished, only till c 275)

The True Endgame
    Death March (friendly to slave merchant and brothel visit all time)
    Re:Monster (really don’t like the MC, rape, torture a.s.o. disgusting)
    108 Maidens of Destiny (girl was raped and died, nope)
    Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki (I’ve read the first 3 novels but dropped it then, I guess it was kinda serious and no harem romance?!)
    Shinka no Mi (don’t like a "fat, ugly, smelling" MC)
    That Person. Later on…WN (WN has a terrible sad part, wanna read the LN without this sadness but can’t find)
    I’ve Became Able to Do Anything with My Growth Cheat, but I Can’t Seem to Get out of Being Jobless(he likes slavery way too much, having sex with his slave in the first night)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    dio and Sabruness like this.
  2. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I'm sure that My beautiful CEO wife isn't a happy go lucky harem as there is always a retarded drama between MC and the first female lead, while other harem member got into the harem with some fuckin stockholm syndrome. But people have different taste, so I will just comment about it a bit.

You dropped Genjitsugisha? really?

It is the most serious, happy go-lucky and enjoyable realistic approach to fantasy harem. I suggest you continue to read it, as the romance progression is just so good.

Well.. It seems I can't recommend a title beside Genjitsugisha for now

LegionUnderground and Sabruness like this.
  5. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    LegionUnderground likes this.
  6. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A Demon Lord’s Tale: Dungeons, Monster Girls, and Heartwarming Bliss

7. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    NU:
    Magical★Explorer
    The Death Mage Who Doesn’t Want a Fourth Time
    Everyone Else is a Returnee
    I Reincarnated For Nothing
    To Be a Power in the Shadows!
    I’m the Evil Lord of an Intergalactic Empire!
    My Entire Class Was Summoned to Another World except for Me
    Demon King, Retry! (WN)

Fanfic:
    Broken Adventure*
    Chaotic Good**
    Endless Path Infinite Cosmos**
    SAO: The Eroge*
    One Punch-Gamer
    Lusus Naturae
    OverGamer
    The Prince of Swords
    PsychiK
    A Sociopath in this 'Wonderful' World!
    Remnant of a Carnival
    Dodging Prison and Stealing Witches - Revenge is Best Served Raw
    A Third Path to the Future**

* = R15
    ** = NSFW

8. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    A Demon Lord’s Tale: Dungeons, Monster Girls, and Heartwarming Bliss
    (Happy and fluffy, romance, sometimes mild blood and gore in fighting scenes)

Bringing The Farm To Live In Another World
    (Multiple girls happy with polygami, not so much fluff, more politics and traveling, +1000 chapters translated with +7000 more to go)

I Was a Sword When I Reincarnated (WN)
    (One girl, no romance, but there is happy/fluff, good story)

I Was Kicked out of the Hero’s Party Because I Wasn’t a True Companion so I Decided to Have a Slow Life at the Frontier
    (Multiple girls intrested in MC don't know if there will be a harem or not, romance, happy/fluff, good story)

Konjiki no Moji Tsukai (WN)
    (A long time since i read it, but it should fitt)

Living in this World with Cut & Paste
    (Harem, happy, romance,)

My Entire Class Was Summoned to Another World except for Me
    (Romance, happy/fluff, harem, got picked up recently)

So What If It’s an RPG World?
    (Harem, everyone is happy, translations have slowed down)

The New Gate
    (Romance, harem, happy, some parts of the story is dark)

9. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    You really need to reread Shinka no Mi, mc only fat, ugly, etc like 5 chapter before turning new human level ikemen

10. Toreni25

Toreni25 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In 108 Maidens of Destiny Does that happen? With whom?

Skill Taker's World Domination Building a slave harem in a different world

11. LegionUnderground

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey,

Its already 11 pm here and i have to get up at 4:30 am, but i wanna give at least a short answer :x

First of all, thanks for all the recommendations!

@Sabruness no, i don't know that. I'm not so into yuuri/yaoi stuff in general, because often this part and Drama is put in the middle of the story or there isn't much of a romance overall. But this seems pretty good ^^ Maybe a bit to many girls (saw a comment below, that many girls aren't persistent), but it seems like there is a "inner" circle harem with less girls who probably are in general more important and get more "time" in general, so it should be fine ^^ But would be cool if you could tell me a bit more :x

@Liyus "sekai Nonbiri Nouka" ohh dawn I don't know if i have the right novel in mind atm... i think i started it once, but the writing style was just terrible! The Idea was nice... but the time passed so fast... girls just "joined"... everything just "happened"... without... well... any story around it... it was soooo strange in my opinion xD Sorry if i'm wrongdoing the novel... but i really didn't liked it.

@Fluffy Jellyfish "My beautiful CEO wife" is this something else then "My Wife is a Beautiful CEO"? Bit confused with the names there xD

Regarding Genjitsugisha... i totally see your point. I really liked the first 1-2 books. But it just got to serious for my taste later on... i can't remember every detail anymore, but there was just so much politics later on... and there wasn't really a big "harem" part... strangely the point when i stopped was, when the main girl cut her hair... that was such a sad move overall... don't know... i'm sorry :x

@Kalto @Kurotsubaki mhh ok, maybe i should give Shinka no Mi another chance... i dropped it, because i really didn't liked the protagonist... i just couldn’t get what the girls would see in him, so i didn't wanted to start it at all... but if it’s only the start and there is a reason for "him"... then i may should give it a chance.

Also @Kalto "That Person. Later on…" as i said... i would like to read the LN version, but i will NEVER read the WN version... i found someone who was so kind to explain me the difference (and shit that happen in the WN) and i just can't take it. Still feeling terrible only thinking about it, so nope! If you can show me a place with the translation of the LN i would love to read that tho =D

@BigBadBoi A Demon Lord’s Tale: Dungeons, Monster Girls, and Heartwarming Bliss sounds amazing! I think i saw it ages ago, but back then, nothing was translated so i didn't know anything about it and couldn’t read it neither... are you up to date there? Would you mind to tell me a bit about it? :x

Aaannnnddd here i have to stop :x Sorry @Cosmic_ @DragonMage18 I'm really really thankful for the huge list of titles and i wanna look into each of the names... but i'm REALLY tired and just can't do it tonight :x sorry!!
    But shortly: Fanfic is kinda difficult for me, since they are often on the shorter side and overall just not my thingy...
    I'm especially happy about the small comment DragonMage18, thanks for that!
    I’ll definitely look through those other titles tomorrow! But now I really have to go to sleep (mhh its not 11 pm anymore but nearly 0 … dam it xD

Ohh and of cause I’m happy about more recommendations =D I never can have too many xD

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  12. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To Be a Power in the Shadows shouldn't be recommended since it doesn't fit what OP is looking for since MC doesn't care about the girls feelings.

LegionUnderground and Sabruness like this.
  13. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, as the reviews says it's a two layer harem. The outer harem is girls who Bella (probably) picks up on a whim or because the opportunity presented itself.
    The "inner" or "true" harem is the girls who Bella actually loves and who love her back. You can tell them because they get a lot of screen time and Bella puts effort into actually seducing them. Pretty much all of them so far are very strong in their own right so they're more like a battle harem. There's no real weak "damsels-in-distress" types in the inner harem.
    On the whole it's a very light-hearted novel and parodies isekai stories in many ways.

On Genjitsugisha, i would recommend giving it another try and keeping with it. The romance starts picking up in Vol 4 and gets better from there in my opinion.

14. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is mostly a slice of life with adorable interactions with best girl Lefi and the other girls that live in his dungeon. It is slowly walking the path of a harem with second best girl Nell tho. There are nice battles every once in a while and is actually entertaining compared to the shitty and generic op slice of life isekais

15. Schwarze_Kreuz

Schwarze_Kreuz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    108 Maidens TL here

A "not harem member" girl and the MC are both afflicted with an aphrodisiac, and they end up doing the dirty (the rape since it wasn't actually consensual). Later, the same girl sacrifices her life to save the MC by using her ultimate martial art. The girl didn't seem to even care about the rape, but her death was definitely sad.

16. Toreni25

Toreni25 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you
    Thank you

17. LegionUnderground

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey,

As promised yesterday i wanna go through the other recommendations that i didn’t had time for yesterday =D

Oh, and thanks @Schwarze_Kreuz for answering the question of @Toreni25 I was looking for your comment back then, but then I saw that you’ve already answered that again xD

@BigBadBoi mhh, I can’t say at all that I don’t like those “generic op slice of life isekais” xD I may even like it if someone is totally amazing in some points and everybody underestimates him/her ^^ but it’s kinda generic, that’s true :x But since you said its quite fluffy, I guess the battles are fine in the end, even without an op character, so I’m totally happy with that =D regarding the harem part… mhh, I guess you’re up to date more or less and over chapter 150… so I’m kinda sad, that there isn’t more “harem” after 150+ chapters… but if there are two girls atm who he is in love with, I guess its kinda likely that he will accept the others as well later on ^^ at least I really hope so :x

@Sabruness thanks for the detailed explanation. Mhh I guess I’m fine with that =D as I said above, I don’t mind the “typical” isekai stories so much because they are often light-hearted as well, but this sounds really interesting and fun … even as yuri version ^^ I’ll definitely give it a try!

Regarding Genjitsugisha: mhh really unlucky that I stopped around that time as well… as I said, mainly because it just got to heavy. Maybe I’ll try to find a short summary about novel 4… but on the other hand I’ve already read novel 1-3 (I think… when did the main girl cut her hair) and there isn’t so much more to read then anyway atm

Ok, lets get to the long lists =D

@DragonMage18

Bringing The Farm To Live In Another World - sounds pretty good… I hope the missing “fluff” doesn’t hint that sad stuff happens? But I really love that it is so extremely long ^^ I really really hope that I like the relationship that develops there… maybe I’ll get back to you to ask you a bit more about it if you don’t mind :x

I Was a Sword When I Reincarnated (WN) - Mhh I see why you recommend it, but I don’t think that I would like it… MC only a sword all the time, and no harem etc… it’s not bad, but not really what I’m looking for, sry :x

I Was Kicked out of the Hero’s Party Because I Wasn’t a True Companion so I Decided to Have a Slow Life at the Frontier – not sure about it, seems like it has an interesting setting, but I’m a bit scared, that it may get sad sometimes and wanna know more about the possible romance ^^

Konjiki no Moji Tsukai (WN) – most comments criticise how boring the story is and how op he is… I don’t mind that at all! But I’ve already read a few times, that the protagonist is dense as F***, I’m kinda ok with a slow protagonist, but that’s probably too much and I would get frustrated about him at some point xD

Living in this World with Cut & Paste – I already read most of it =D

My Entire Class Was Summoned to Another World except for Me – started to read it once, but the writing style was just terrible if I remember correctly

So What If It’s an RPG World? – The comments say basically the same as they do about “Konjiki no Moji Tsukai (WN)”… the Protagonist is just so suuupppeeerrr dense, that there is no romance at all…

The New Gate – I’ve read some chapters after the I watched the Anime; no polygamy, really sad past, kinda serious/sad development of the story… that’s not really what I’m looking for :7

let’s get to your list @Cosmic_ =D

Magical★Explorer – overall I am super sceptical about those “dating sim” stories… but I did that mistake with “NEET Receives a Dating Sim Game Leveling System.” Too and now I totally love it! Overall it sounds pretty good… I was especially happy about one comment saying: “This story is a really feel good story, the characters actually care about each other and will actually express it.” that really sound great!! Sadly there aren’t so many chapters jet :,(

The Death Mage Who Doesn’t Want a Fourth Time – oh, yea I remember, I started this years ago and dropped it quite quickly… just wasn’t my thing, sorry

Everyone Else is a Returnee – could be interesting. I couldn’t get much information, if it’s may be too serious and how the harem “works”… also its finished with 350 chapters… hopped for more :x

I Reincarnated For Nothing – as far as I could see the girls are interested in him, but there isn’t any romance at all :7 Also kinda short with 200 chapters :x

To Be a Power in the Shadows – Thanks for the info @Not Red Yet I’ve also read some comments and they’re basically saying the same… because he don’t know that its “real”.

I’m the Evil Lord of an Intergalactic Empire! – that sounds kinda fun. The Protagonist seems to be a smart and interesting person... sadly I couln’t figure out anything about the romance/harem part… would be cool if I could get some information there ^^ maybe I’ll write the guy in the comments who said that he fully has read the raw and ask him =D

Demon King, Retry! (WN) – ohhh interesting… I just watched the anime. The story is still ongoing right? I saw, that someone said the author stopped writing, but picked it up again with the anime adaption? Can someone tell me if there is some romance later on? In the anime the MC even said, that he can’t pretend not seeing the feelings of the girls… but he basicly did exactly that in the anime and I was kinda frustrated -.- also I wasn’t sure what I should think about him playing two different characters and girls liking the one or the other… really would love to have some more information there :x

Btw. I’ll planned to add a small summary list about the stories I wanna pick up reading and stories were I could need some more information… It’s primarily for myself, but maybe you’re interested in it as well =D

Sabruness and DragonMage18 like this.
  18. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    No sad stuff, but can be a bit anoying with how the MC acts.

Thought so, just a long time since i hadd the oppertunity to recomend it.

I don't think the MC will change the lover, but we get introduced to characters with a crush on the MC. As i see it the sad moments are spice that makes the fluff better.

Yes, the MC is dense (tho as i remember there are scenes that can hint at MC just ignoring them) and i can't remember there being any romance. The OP part, yes he is OP, but there are also clear limitations and MC works to overcome them (during time skip).

WHAT THER'S AN ANIME?
    Yes, the story is serious, with the ocational fluff. In volume 12/13 the polygami route opend up partialy.

19. SilverFeather

SilverFeather [Seeker of Yuri]•[Likes tomboys]

Reading List:
    Link
  20. LegionUnderground

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh, sorry @DragonMage18 i made the same mistake I did back then xD I watched “Gate”, someone recommended “The New Gate” back then and I thought it’s the anime… it isn’t ^^ but that’s why I started it and didn’t checked if it’s dark. I don’t really see it like you (sad stuff makes fluff more… fluffy?... I’m just depressed after sad things happen) so same goes for I Was Kicked out of the Hero’s Party as well :/

Regarding Bringing The Farm To Live In Another World… what you mean by “annoying with how the MC acts”? Because it’s so stereotypic or because he is dense as F***? Or sometimes an ass to the girls? How is the romance/harem part in general? ^^

@SilverFeather thanks for that. I seems REALLY fuffly, but the characters are maybe a bit too young, and it’s pretty disappointing, that it got dropped after only 120 chapters :/

By the way, that’s the list I’ve started for me so far, after your recommendations:

1. Magical★Explorer
    Looks great! If the “Dating Sim” base isn’t so much of a theme in the novel itself I’m really looking forward to it!! Would be really happy about more information tho! =D

2. Bringing The Farm To Live In Another World
    Need more information :x But its suuper long and seems pretty good on the first look.

3. The Villains Need To Save The World?
    Yuri, bit to many girls overall but nice inner harem.

4. Demon King, Retry! (WN)
    Kinda liked the Anime. If there is actual harem development it should be great! But need someone who explains me a bit about the romance part in it… ^^

5. A Demon Lord’s Tale: Dungeons, Monster Girls, and Heartwarming Bliss
    Maybe no harem and only answering feeling of 1-2 girls. So I’m a bit sceptical there.

6. Shinka no Mi
    MC is only fat/ugly etc. till chapter 5… so I should give it a second chace… and hope for some nice harem romance.

7. I’m the Evil Lord of an Intergalactic Empire!
    Smart/Interessting MC, would really need to know a bit more about the setting/romance/possible drama overall

SilverFeather likes this.