Recommendations LF Novels with OP Friendly/Ally MC Recs

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Cosmic_, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking for any novel (translated, original, fanfic, etc.) with an OP friendly/ally male MC with followers or disciples and misunderstandings that has a decent focus on follower/territory development/growth/interaction. I'm specifically looking for that "Sasuga, Ainz-sama!" energy.

So I've gotten back into Royal Road and been enjoying The Simulacrum, Blue Core, and Arrogant Young Master Template A Variation 4. They're all good enjoyment reads that while have a few flaws are fun and enjoyable. I especially like the science knowledge use in Blue Core and Young Master and the genre-savviness in Young Master and Simulacrum.

However, these novels upped the scale of thing too quickly for my tastes. I would have loved more time focusing on the small stuff and taking things slow.

I wanted more disciple interaction, awing, and sect/business management in Young Master. I wanted more follower development and more focus on the friendly dungeon aspect in Blue Core. I also would have liked more best friend/big brother/mother of the group stuff in Simulacrum as well as the tropes research.

What I really like about these reads tho is the "support" focus. I really like that friendly ally, wingman, best friend/big brother, friendly genius loci, wise teacher/master, and hidden power energy. I tend to love support roles in videogames and enjoy the reaction of citizens in territory management novels.

I also found a weird and strange satisfaction for when MC introduce things like birth control and condoms into a fantasy setting (Isekai Vending Machine) . I guess it's cause it's like the ultimate minor issue you could address and solve for a pre-modern setting.

Anyhow, I've already read quite a lot of novels on NU so finding a new rec will be hard, but if you feel like it's a hidden gem, pls rec it. I'm mainly looking for RR, SB, and FF recs.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  2. InvincibleDespair

InvincibleDespair Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link