Recommendations LF Sword and Magic/Infinity Novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Pannucci, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Pannucci

Pannucci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking for either a good sword and magic or infinity type novel to read. Currently reading The Ultimate Evolution (among other things but pretty early in) but not too big a fan of the main character. Also I have heard while Terror Infinity is good early on, it is not very good in the second half. So looking for any suggestions. I try to keep my reading list relatively accurate although there are things I dont put on it that I am not interested in and drop after a few chapters so there is some holes.

2. Echoes

Echoes 【Wandering Monk】

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Pannucci

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Nino Sasou

Nino Sasou 『 ******** 』『 On Paid Leave』

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh. In that case you could try Doomsday Wonderland. It isn't an infinity novel but it does share similarities.
    ie. She goes to a new world filled with difficulties to overcome every 14 months and she must survive. There is no "God" to buy abilities from but she does future evolve.

7. Echoes

Echoes 【Wandering Monk】

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Pannucci

Reading List:
    Link
    read everything here besides Reincarnator which isn't currently readable from what I understand unless someone knows of a site with it still up and Doomsday Wonderland

9. bluewolves

bluewolves Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The devil's cage

10. dezzter

dezzter The one who knows

Reading List:
    Link
    What's an infinity novel? I can't find it as a genre or tag and don't recognize the term at least in context of a novel.

11. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there is a tag... anyway the original is Terror Infinity, it's about getting into horror/action movies and surviving,completing missions which give points which they use for buying bloodlines and items from any anime,movie... the genre is also known for botching up a nice idea, since all the infinity follow ups suck.

12. Pannucci

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess the easiest way to sum it up would be a survival game? Probably a lot more technical ways to go about it but the genre was kinda created after the series Terror Infinity.

13. Pannucci

Reading List:
    Link
    ehh to be fair I would say they dont all suck but none of them are amazing either even the original. Sadly the best u get is above average. Although I have gotten to the point I am happy with above average XD. Hopefully someone actually makes a master piece infinity novel one day although I would say part of the lack of something truly amazing is just the limited amount of actual material out there. Super limited in how many things are actually published with the premise but its also what I have read the least of so I was hoping I could find at least one or two I like (well besides cultivation novels and thats just because I dont really like them at all )

14. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a fanfic on RRL that started great but botched last chapter, lots of complaints but the author said he will rewrite it and stack new arc, seems he dropped it though even though he said he wouldn't :/

15. Pannucci

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea I dont know, might read Terror Infinity and just drop it when it starts getting bad

16. Pannucci

Reading List:
    Link
    guess ill bump this to see if anyone else has any input, honestly not too big a fan of Terror Infinity after the short amount ive read

17. Pannucci

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Anti-trope

Anti-trope Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish to recommend The record of unusual creature by yuan tong.
    It not exactly infinity since the author wish to avoid copyright issue, but as the MC has travelled to more and more planet and universe you will find these planets actually share similarities to some well known world (dnd, darks soul,game of throne etc.)
    Currently we are at chapter 70 where the interstellar travel are not available yet. but since the qidian international is now doing the translation there is a guaranteed 1 chapter per day so soon we will reach to the point of interstellar travel.

19. Anti-trope

Anti-trope Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hummm i will say the infinity style is be able to travel to all kimd of differemt universe and experience the feeling like seeing Naruto fight against Goku.
    At least thats how chinese defines infinity style, the survival part is relatively unimportant.
    Also i gotta say Infinity Terror is not the one who creates Infinity style, they exist before already, but Infinity horror is the first popular one.
    If you guys define the Infinity style to be travel to horror movie and survive, its really hard for you to find any other novel.

20. Anti-trope

Anti-trope Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait... i think i got another suggestion.
    惊悚乐园
    Dont know the english translation, i will go look it up soon.
    Its also very popular on qidian, very similar to Infinity style but categorized as Vrmmorpg.
    Apparently theres this new Vrmmorpg where players can go to all sort of mission world (based on horror movie or novels)to challange their courage.
    The MC has some sort of physical damage to his brain(cancer)so he can no longer feel the horror.
    He wish to regain his horror through the game, but he eventually find out that this game is actually a..... (i will stop being a spoiler)