LGBT Demographics and Survey

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Sep 12, 2017.

Tags:
?

Do you consider yourself to be LGBT?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. No

40 vote(s)
    88.9%
  1. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Us aro aces aros (aromantic asexuals) are kinda...invisible. I've never experienced discrimination or anything, but it is sad when people are kinda like: "Huuh? You exist? How???"

I suppose it's hard for people to understand if they can't...imagine it, what with the romance and/or sexual-based culture that we have nowadays.

Filipino culture is somewhat conservative, and coupled with the religion I grew up in, being a "prude" isn't that bad here. But on the other hand, people are reaaalllyy focused on the romance-aspect of relationships so...yeah...:blobsweat:

AliceShiki likes this.
  2. Aegis21

Aegis21 Hiki wanna be

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really care,as long as they don't force me to do something

3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmmm... Well, I'm bixesual and I know some transexual friends.

I feel like the internet these days is a lot more forgiving with most of the LGBT spectrum, I never had anyone trouble me over my choice of being bisexual at least...

There are still some really bothersome people though, like those that look at the way someone speaks/acts/dresses and decides that they're a lesbian or gay... And not only this is annoying, but it's also a troubling aspect, because it's usually used as an insult... I wish we were on a generation that no longer used Gay as an insult to somoene, but I suppose that there is still a long way to go... Still, I think this happens a lot more IRL than on the internet, so I think we're on a good spot on this aspect on online communities.

On the other hand, while I do think that most of the internet is pretty forgiving on this aspect of the LGBT communities.. I feel it's drastically different when talking about the transgender.

To begin with, I think everyone already heard the saying "There are no girls on the internet, only GIRLs (Guy In Real Life)". I think there are a lot of problems with this one.

First of all, I get really bothered by people treating me as a guy, so simply being said that I'm a guy is already enough annoyance by itself.

Secondly, it is a big mysogynist saying, it's as if girls were too busy hanging out at the shopping or cooking and cleaning the house to bother with entering the internet... It's a pretty terrible line of thought to me. I thought we were above that, but this mentality still seems to be pretty strong.

The third point is about the transgender people... There are lots of degrees of how much one feels transgenders and how one feels like it and... Well, I won't enter this aspect, but... Some people just feel like using a different gender online for any reason. Either because they're transgender, or because they can express themselves a better, or because they just want to try something new out I guess.

This kind of saying points out to all those people and point them out as if they were doing something wrong... That it's wrong to express themselves in the way they find better, I think it's a truly terrible thing... Not only the saying is ridiculously wrong, as there are tons of girls on the internet, but also, the ones that do get afflicted by it, are probably quite offended, or worse, hurt by it.

People don't like lying to others, if they hide something, they probably have a reason to do so... If they are hiding something and someone calls them out on it... They will definitely feel bad about it.

Discrimination against transgenders is not something very explicit I think... Well, some people are explicit if you ask them directly, but... I think most of the time, it's actually something more implicit and less visible.

As much as we want the barrier of anonimity to protect everyone, I feel like the internet is still a very... Hostile environment for anyone with gender issues... I think it's not that much of a troublesome environment for people with different sexual attractions though.