TV Liar Game Japanese and Korean show

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Jojo775, Oct 4, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I just watched ep 1 of JP show and gotta say it seems good. It's not realistic, characters are theatric and striking poses while others have a dialogue XD but it's fun and the music is epic.
    Even the camera is dramatic and Nao is super cute.
    I will probably watch Korean LG afterwards as it will probably be a realistic version.

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  2. natsume142

natsume142 だが、断る

Reading List:
    Link
    Read the manga haha

MisterBubbles likes this.
  3. MisterBubbles

MisterBubbles [The Omnipotent No. 2 at Everything]

Reading List:
    Link
    The manga is magnificent with its overdramaticness and facial expressions. For example:

images.jpg LiarGame7.jpg

natsume142 and rhianirory like this.
  4. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    I did haha?

5. natsume142

natsume142 だが、断る

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh hahaha I only enjoy the manga..

6. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah feels like watching drawn out anime, it's less exciting. I'll give it 7/10, one point lower than Squid Game.

Update: finished first season, last episodes are mostly recap but not full recap so you can't just ignore them, no the devils put new scenes between recap scenes. I did get tired of exaggerated laughter and other teatrics Final rating 6.5/10
    Advice: watch with company, otherwise just read the manga.

Just finished watching ep 1 of Korean LG. More realistic and longer episode, It doesn't follow manga to the letter but more as keep as much as they can but in a way that makes sense.
    So MC is super nice and naive, but not ridiculously so and the game is a legal reality tv show.
    I like this one better, quality is obviously better and I was able to find 720p while I only had 360p fuzzy picture at a streaming site I found. So far 8/10...

Update, ep 2 I thought Korean LG is an alternative but it turns out it's pretty similar. Even if most of the stuff is more realistic and there is no overly theatric acting, gangsters beating up the sensei on camera and forcing him to thumb print organ doning? lol how is that realistic?
    (nvm explained in the next ep so I won't spoil)
    Acting while not overly theatric like in JP, it is a bit dramatic and soapy, I kind of like that since some flirting is added which is missing completely from JP.
    I mean who doesn't want the naive girl and the con artist to get together...

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021