Library Magic

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by TheGirlWhoWearsGlasses, Feb 6, 2016.

1. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    The chapter lengths were just right. I enjoyed them

2. TheGirlWhoWearsGlasses

TheGirlWhoWearsGlasses 「Soul Collector」「Ruelia's Twin Sister」「Megane」

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter Twelve: Unknown Enemy

Yuki POV

Only after 20 minutes did they finally stopped their bickering. There was a big hole in the living room that lead to outside, big enough that you can go through it without difficulty. The cause of it was my mother who used a 【Fireball】 towards my father, only to miss because he used 【Shadow Step】 in the nick of time. Although the 【Fireball】 missed, mother followed it with a punch towards the place where father reappeared. The punch connected, leading to the now bruised face father. He had an ugly expression while mumbling words like "If you weren't a woman" and "it was just a lucky hit..." to himself.

"What was that?" My mother said while releasing a frightening aura.

"N-n-nothing. Nothing at all! I was just thinking about how beautiful you are and how good your punch was." Father cringed after he felt that frightening aura.

He was smiling with cold sweat all over his face while he said those words of flattery without a hint of sarcasm. Combined with his swollen cheeks, it was a funny sight. His original handsome appearance like a proud Lion was nowhere to bee seen. I guess this tells you who wears the pants in this family, and it definitely isn't my father. Even I, who is always indifferent am afraid of her. Though it was the same case on Earth, where I was afraid of girls and avoid them like the plague. There was a girl that I got along with back then, but aside from her, I didn't even talk with other girls, only replying with one or two words when they talk to me. While I was wondering if the girl was doing fine on Earth, a laugh came out of Meria who had kept quiet for awhile. Not the evil kind of laugh of course.

"I'm sorry for my rude behavior, I just couldn't help myself. It's always lively here. Even though there was the earlier incident, it's like it never happened at all! The way big sister Rena argue with Sirius is very sweet and funny, it didn't even feel like you both were arguing at all, instead, it felt like you were just playing.

I would like you to tell that to the wall, which is already non-existent because of the 【Fireball】 that was thrown at it. Judging by the size of that 【Fireball】, it was likely that my mother was serious and was aiming on inflicting 3rd degree burns all over my father's body.

Anyway, Meria is an only child and her mother was always away adventuring, her father has the position of the 9th seat in the 13 Diablos, which are the most powerful within the Devils with the exception of the Devil Empress, according to what I read in the 《Library》, that is. Weirdly, all the books about the Devils Empress's was filled with things like 'she is the most beautiful in Isaiah', 'she is the cutest existence in Isaiah' and 'when you look at her, you won't be able to think of other women anymore', which is pretty creepy as the books were written by different people from various races, it was almost like they were hypnotized.

Strangely enough, I didn't find any book like this outside of the 《Library》 even though it was one of the books that have the most quantity in the 《Library》, aside from the books from Earth, of course. Back to the point, I think one of the reasons that Meria likes to come here, is because she is always alone in her house, with her mother and father always away, making her feel lonely. The maids and her mount Fifi are the only companies she has in that house.

"Haaa? Who will be sweet to this guy? Look at his swollen face! Funny is the right word for it! Hahaha." Mother laugh aloud.

"You..."

Father was almost speechless only letting a single word out, because of mother's shameless remarks. I would really like it if they stop arguing soon. If this keeps up, the discussion won't ever progress. My train of thoughts returned to the topic at hand.

3rd Person's POV

Meanwhile, outside of the Human Country Rolen. There was a different discussion happening, which involves the Blacklion household.

"I have come to report my observations, my Lord. It is as you guessed. The child's parents were the ones who eliminated the group that we sent. We didn't catch a glimpse of the boy at all!" A black hooded person reported with a servile tone.

"Hmmm. I already expected that the parents will be the only ones fighting, but I expected that we have at least one person who has seen the child's appearance before we attack. I guess it was a failure huh? Still, this won't hinder us from capturing the child. Send more men to monitor every movement of the family. Keep monitoring even the simplest of details, even the servants activities. Do not let them escape from our sight." Ordered the tall and handsome man with short blonde hair.

"This servant will do as ordered. There's also one more thing my lord. We spotted the child of 'Serene Ice Saintess' heading into the Blacklion household, just after the annihilation of the attacking group."

"Huh? Shouldn't the day she visits the household be a day after our attack? Well, it shouldn't matter. If what you say was true, then judging by the time she got there, she would be suspected as the one who planned this attack. Did you see how they reacted after she suddenly appeared?"

"My apologies my Lord. We planned to follow her to see what was going to happen, but before we got close we felt a strong aura probe us. It wasn't the aura of Sirius or Rena Blacklion. The possibility that the person found us was high, so I ordered my group to scatter and retreat before we were captured. Most of us had gotten away, there were 3 people that are still missing. We suspect them to have been captured. Although they had gotten captured, I've activated the curse magic that was Inflicted upon them that will make them explode, so they won't reveal any information."

"Hmm. A person with a strong aura, and it's not the 'Grimm Reaper' or the 'Rage Flame Queen'? Could the Blacklion Family have another strong expert hidden in the shadows? The informant didn't mention anything about another expert, could it be that he doesn't know either? Looks like we need to postpone our attack before we get more information about this mysterious expert. You may go now, and tell Lorelei to come here."

"Yes my Lord." The hooded person said and bowed.

After the hooded person left, the blonde haired man stood up from his seat and looked out of the window, he was staring at the direction where the Blacklion house was supposed to be. His gaze was resolute but it also had a hint of sorrow. If there was another person here, especially a girl, the person would be stunned at this scene that looks like a work of art. Especially with the person's wings that looks like an angel's wings.

Yuki POV

"Alright, since the conversation is going nowhere. Meria and I will be the only ones talking, mother and father will just listen. If there are any objections, speak now." I proclaimed while looking at the people present.

Father looked like he wants to protest, only to shut his mouth tight because of mother's hostile gaze. Looks like the discussion will finally restart. As I was having such thoughts, I looked directly into Meria's eyes to ask her a question, but for some reason, she suddenly broke eye contact by looking down at the floor. Is my gaze really that bad? It was the same case on Earth, most people always look away when I make eye contact with them for some time. I cleared away such unnecessary thoughts and asked my first question to Meria.

"Is your full name Meria Devil. And are you the daughter of Eunice and Devon Devil?" I inquired.

"Yes, I am Meria Devil, daughter to Eunice and Devon Devil. From the 13th household of the Devil family." She answered even though she was confused as to why I asked such a question.

"Your ability is called 【Precognition】, and this ability allows you to foresee future events, am I correct to assume so?"

"Yes, what you said is correct. Although I don't have any control on what I will foresee and how long the vision lasts, it only has one condition, and that is that the event should more or less involve myself and anyone I am close to. Also, I can only foresee one future event, I cannot foresee any future events if a previous event that I foresaw still haven't occurred." Meria answered.

Hou, isn't this ability pretty useless? At least, it isn't on par with the abilities that I have. There are too many restrictions on the ability, especially on the limitation on the usage of the ability. If my guess is right, there should be another problem with this ability.

"You said that you foresaw that there will be an attack mounted on our family. Why didn't you warn us of the exact date? Does your ability not know what the exact time the event will occur at? But if that were the case, you shouldn't have known that the attack is going to happen today and you would've not come here a day before your original day of visit."

"Yes it is as you say, my ability 【Precognition】 is a bit vague and it does not include the date the event will occur. It is why I couldn't warn you the exact day of the attack. The reason that I knew that today was the day the event will occur is because my ability... foresaw another event while the event is occurring." Meria answered but she was hesitant on the last sentence.

She said that sentence with a grave tone in her voice and her eyes were a bit moist. I have a bad feeling about this. And it looks like I'm not the only one, as my father also has a serious expression on his face. Mother also noticed, she wanted to rush over to the side of Meria to comfort her, but refrained from doing so, as she knew it was not the right time.

"...May I ask what happened in the event that you foresaw?" I inquired, even though I have a bad feeling about the things that she will say next.

"...On my vision, this house was on fire, destruction prevalent in the surrounding areas, there were a lot of corpses on the blood filled snow... and..." She answered, staring at the floor all the while. I can also hear a barely audible sobbing coming from her.

I closely knitted my brows while looking at her. By the tone of her voice when she was answering, there were no fluctuations from the start till now. She answered all my questions truthfully.

"And? What else happened in your vision Meria?" Mother asked anxiously because she saw that I wasn't planning on inquiring further from her.

"... Both of you... Big sister Rena and Sirius... Were killed..."

End of chapter twelve

Author Note: Just giving a shot for a cliffhanger. I'm not really good at it, though. Probably because I hate cliffhangers. Anyway, if there's something confusing you, feel free to comment, I'll try to answer them with the least amount of information, to avoid spoilers. Thanks for reading~

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
    Ryuubii likes this.
  3. Ryuubii

Ryuubii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for the chap

4. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    If you left out the names then it would've been more like a cliffhanger. was a good read. thnx for the update

5. TheGirlWhoWearsGlasses

TheGirlWhoWearsGlasses 「Soul Collector」「Ruelia's Twin Sister」「Megane」

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter Thirteen: Nalia Frost Wasps

The room grew silent and only the barely audible sobbing of Meria can be heard. The atmosphere is getting awkward. Father was tightly knitting his brows as if in deep contemplation. Mother moved closer to Meria and put her in her embrace to comfort her. I was the only one with the usual calm expression, but deep inside, I was full of questions.

Who is the mastermind behind the attack? What are their motives? Is it enmity or is there something they want in this household? According to my calculations, the attack earlier should be just them testing the water. Or is it a provocation? Are they using fear of an unknown enemy for psychological warfare? Tsk, I need more information to get a better understanding of the enemy.

"If we are done with the discussion, I shall take my leave. I will be in my room." I announced before proceeding towards my room.

"...Yuki." Meria whispered worryingly.

Meria's ability... Could that God have something to do with her visions? I could understand if it's just once, but she foresaw two future events mostly involving my family, it’s just too much of a coincidence. Even though I don't know how her ability works, I'm pretty sure it's not normal. I could've asked her, but I refrained myself, as she'll most likely don't know either. By the looks of her when she announced what she foresaw, there's probably a low chance of changing the outcome. As I was having such thoughts, it suddenly hit me...

"Why did she have that expression when I first met her earlier?"

She had that melancholic expression, like we've done something irreversible that will lead to a tragedy. Which reminds me, she warned us of the attack, but she didn't tell us what the outcome she foresaw was. Something is amiss. She didn't tell a lie, but it doesn't mean she told us everything.

Should I go back to question her? No, if I'm going to inquire her about this, it should be in private. The possibility of her being an enemy is rising. If it's necessary... I would need to resort on using rougher methods to get her to answer. As I was having such thoughts, I noticed my mood becoming bad. I temporarily put aside such thoughts, as I need to focus on a task that I need to do.

I used 【Dominion: White City】, I closed my eyes and focused my mind. When I opened my eyes, the scenery has changed to a place where there were towering buildings everywhere, it was my domain, the 《White City》. Although only my consciousness is here and my body was still in my room.

I proceed towards the west side of the city. I stopped walking when I was in front of a small building. This small building was called an arcade back on Earth. I proceed through the entrance. There were many video games, redemption games, racing games and merchandisers all over the place, they don't function, though. In the middle of the arcade, there were three unconscious men tied on a chair, they were tied up by a magic reinforced rope to the chair. These people were the ones that I captured earlier, I suspect them to be the scout of the people behind the attack. Although I said I was the one that captured them, the ones that really captured them were my clones that were made with my magic called 【Shadow Clones】.

【Shadow Clones】 is one of the advance magic of Dark magic. My first thoughts on this particular magic was a certain blonde ninja doing mischiefs with the clones. But unlike the technique of that blonde ninja, the clones that were made by 【Shadow Clones】 looks like shadows of oneself. The clones that were made by 【Shadow Clones】 are generally weaker than the one who cast it, only having a third of the strength and agility of the caster. Worst of all, the clones can't use any kind of magic even a simple support spell.

It took 5 clones to take down a single one of them. This not only shows how weak the clones are, but it also shows how strong the enemies were. It was only a scout, yet it took 5 clones to defeat one of them. One must know, just 2 of these could take down any normal C-rank adventurer with ease and could fight evenly with 3 Minotaurs. Of course, it doesn't mean that a C-rank adventurer could even fight a single Minotaur, even if it was 3 C-rank adventurers they'll still have a hard time. Although Minotaurs are strong,I they're also dumber than a rock. A perfect example of brawns over brains. So for me who specializes in agility and strategy, they might as well be rocks.

These guys should, at least, have a strength of a B rank adventurer. Though they might have used magic to resist, but even though my clones only have a third of my speed, it’s still more than enough to dodge simple magic attacks. Their teamwork is top notch too!

To be able to employ people with the strength of a B rank adventurer as mere scouts. This shows that the ones behind the attack, are not ordinary. Judging from the tattoos on their arms, they should be part of the Assassin's Guild. The tattoos should be a rank of strength among the assassins'. Though I could search for the information in the 《Library》, I refrained myself momentarily from doing so, as there could be more information I need to search later. Using 【Library Magic】 to only search a single piece of information will be a waste. I need to interrogate them first. As I was having such thoughts, it seems that they have awakened from their fake sleep.

"It seems you guys have finally stopped pretending to be asleep. Did you get tired of thinking as to what my intentions are? Anyway, because I am generous, feel free to ask any questions, I'll answer them to the best of my ability. You better start now because soon, you will be the one answering my questions." I said in a mock-humble tone. Though it was not the case for my eyes, which was filled with indifference.

"Is your name, perhaps, Yuki Blacklion?" The one in the middle inquired.

"Hou, how surprising. Yes, I am indeed named Yuki Blacklion. For you to actually know of my existence is very surprising. Not only that, to firmly assume that I am named 'Yuki Blacklion', means that you more or less know that I was still alive. I wonder where you guys got that information. Or to be precise, where did your employers get such information." I asked.

The guy in the middle immediately shut his mouth, afraid that he will leak even more information. The other two was the same, they were definitely not going to talk. That's fine, the talking will continue later on. The question is how did they know that I'm still alive? The only ones that know that I'm still alive should only be my parents, Raul, Martha, Meria and her mother. Even the few maids and butlers don't know that I'm still alive.

The child that is named 'Yuki Blacklion' should be publicly known as already have been deceased, 2 years ago. Even the Human King should have no idea that I'm still currently breathing. Is it actually possible that Meria is really an enemy, and she is the one that gave them the information?

No, that shouldn't be possible, there are too many inconsistencies in that theory. First of all, the way that the 3 of this guys looked at me was full of suspicions and doubt whether I'm the real Yuki Blacklion. If Meria really gave information about us, she would've described my whole appearance to them. Secondly, I can't trace any hints of malicious intent from her. Although, from time to time, I see her having a creepy look on her face whenever she looks at me without me knowing. I temporarily erase such thoughts, as it is not necessary. I have three people here to answer my questions, thinking could be done later.

"Based on you silence, I assume you guys haven't got any questions left for me to answer. A pity, you didn't take advantage of my generosity. Now it’s time for my interrogation to start. I shall give another generous offer to you guys, you will give me all the information I want, in exchange for your freedom, that is the easy way. If not, then I will torture the information out of you, the hard way." I proclaim, smiling while I took out a dagger from my storage ring.

"Hahahaha. You think that you, a mere child, can make us, professional assassins, talk? Assassins are trained to have the endurance to resist torture. How can a child like you possibly make us talk?" The guy in the right sneered.

Hou, it looks like I have my candidate for the last one to be tortured. Judging by the tone of his voice, it seems he's rather afraid of being tortured, or, at least, have little experience in them. It would be better if he sees his comrades being tortured.

"Yeah, we ain't afraid of a stinkin' brat. Besides, you won't have enough time to torture us, they will soon activate the Curse magic that was set upon us. Once that happens, good luck getting information out of us! Hahahaha!" The guy in the left mocked.

For assassins, who I think should be quieter, these two guys seems a bit too noisy. Though I can't blame them, as they think this will be the last words they will say. Only the guy in the middle is quiet, he was drenched in cold sweat, he must've noticed it, unlike his two idiotic subordinates.

"Oh, you mean that curse? Your employers have already activated them, long before you guys work up." I said.

"Ridiculous!!" The right guy shouted.

"What nonsense are ye talking about brat? If that was the case, then why are we still alive?" The left guy questioned.

"Ridiculous? You've been here for at least 8 hours if your employer still hasn't activated the curse, wouldn't that be even more ridiculous?" I ridiculed.

Right after I said those words they've become silent for about a minute. It looks like they have at least a bit of intelligence to get the hint. Their expressions became sullen after contemplating, and they've begun releasing cold sweat.

"...Did you remove it?" The middle one inquired after being silent for awhile.

"Hou, how'd you guess that it was removed? Doesn't matter, I'm not really trying to hide it. Yes, I did remove the curse magic 【Detonate】 on your bodies, technically in your head. Though, on how I did it, will be my very own secret. But since I'm still feeling generous, I'll give you a hint. Did you know that Curse magic is connected to Dark Magic? In fact, Curse magic started as just a part of a branch spell in Dark Magic."

They wore a confused expression on their faces, it looks like they didn't get it. Well, that's normal, if I didn't have 【Library Magic】 then I would've never known about it either. It seems that book that I've found the information form, no longer exist in Isaiah. At least, it should already be among the ancient documents as the language of the book was unfamiliar to me. That language isn't used by any race in Isaiah that I know of, so it should already be an extinct language.

"Okay, my generosity has reached its limit. It seems that you won't pick the easy way, so I'll need to do it the hard way." I said taking out a jar of mist, filled with frost both externally and internally.

"W-what is that? What are you going to do with that?" The guy on the right started to panic and whined.

What a pathetic assassin, I thought assassins were more calm and collected. The other two have fear written all over their face, but at least, they aren't as pathetic as the guy on the right.

"Did you know of an insect type monster called Ice Wasp?" I answered his question with another question while tapping the frosted jar with the dagger I took out earlier.

"They are weak monsters that give you frostbites when stung and appears with the coming of winter. They are mostly called pests instead of monsters, though. People always post extermination requests for them, at the Adventurers Guild when it's winter season. Mostly it’s a rank D mission if it's just an infestation, rank C if there's a hive nearby. This tells how weak they are. But did you know it's not the same case in Nalia? They're the one of most, if not the most, dangerous monsters in Nalia. People even changed their name because of how the difference in danger levels they show in the two areas. They're called the Nalia Frost Wasps. They're 5 times smaller than Ice Wasps. I'll assume you don't know them or haven't seen one, as most who have seen them are either dead or currently being larvae food." I continued before they can answer, it was at that time that the mist inside the jar started to move. But if you look closely, you'll see that it wasn't a mist at all, instead, they were minuscule flying insects.

Their faces are now distorted with fear, the guy on the right was even chattering his teeth.

"The Ice Wasps' way of hunting food is interesting, you know? They first hide under the snow or ice, and when an unlucky prey comes near, they'll swarm the target. They also like to hunt when there's a blizzard, they look like snowflakes, so you won't know even if you were already surrounded. They'll get under your skin, pierce through your orifices and worst they'll even go through your genitals and rectum. They'll freeze your body from the inside out. Worst of all, the Nalia Frost Wasps larvae like eating their food is alive, so if you're really unlucky, you'll experience hell while being alive." I described while I accidentally let out a chuckle.

They were all pale now, their cold sweat gone, probably because they've been releasing them non-stop since earlier. I extend the hand that was holding the jar, towards the guy on the right.

"N-no, don't get those things near me!!" He bellowed while his face was distorted with fear.

"Shall we get started with the interrogation? Kufufu." I let out a short maniacal laugh.

End of chapter thirteen.

Footnote: He is 13 here, in case you forgot. And the event where he was assumed dead hasn't been in the chapters yet~

Author's Note: The plot thickens, awooo!! Anyway, the event that happened when he was 11 will be written in a side story. There's one point I've been noticing, Yuki has whip for a weapon, there's bondage, this chapter was full of torture info and there's that 'kufufu' laugh... It's happening earlier than I though...

Thanks for reading~

akki likes this.
  6. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    for a second there I thought I missed a chapter or something. thnx for the clarification and the chapter

7. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    There are to many nufufus. Lol

8. Jatron

Jatron Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the synopsis you wrote 'more deeper' that's like saying more more. Should just delete the 'more' in it.

9. ZONGO

ZONGO Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are Avians going to be humanoid bird people or planes shaped like humans? I would have to personally vote for the latter.