LCD Library of Heaven's Path

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Kagamiya, Dec 24, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he could have avoided all this nonsense if he'd just brought out his Apprentice Master Teacher token earlier. Though, given the flow of things, there wasn't really a good opportunity to do so until after the guy had thoroughly offended him.

Wow, that guy just doesn't want to be a painter I guess. Everyone was giving him an out, even though he'd clearly lost, but he just wasn't willing to take it. It honestly doesn't take a genius to realize that the MC is, or will soon become, his senior in the guild, so offending him is stupid to begin with. Also, even if he somehow managed to force his logic through, and the MC didn't have a trump card up his sleeve, it would, at most, have resulted in a do over, and anyone that can use a savage beast to paint a painting better than yours in ten minutes is clearly capable of doing the same without the savage beast. Not only that, but the level of difference by which he curb stomps your painting will be far more extreme. There was literally no upside here for him unless he was secretly tired of being a painter and a respected individual and looking for an excuse to leave the guild forever while simultaneously discarding his reputation and grinding it into the dirt.

2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, just how hard was he working to keep that painting's level down that he can raise it back up so easily? ;)

Also, I feel sorry for every single painter in that room. It'd be funny if they just told him to go away because they didn't need trouble makers in their guild ;)

Sumasuun likes this.
  3. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like poor Lu Xun is in for another faceslap...

justmehere likes this.
  4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if the MC will still be there when Lu Xun shows up, and if he'll still be interested in taking the exam after finding out that the MC just passed the three star exam effortlessly ;)

Also wondering if the MC will go ahead and make a 7th+ level painting after reading all those books. I'd kinda like to see their expressions, and know what star painter emblem they'd have to apply for on his behalf. Though I think headquarters would probably become suspicious at that point ;)

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It occurs to me that he might not get that painting back. Which would mean that he just paid over 30 million for that 3-star emblem ;)

Sumasuun and justmehere like this.
  6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "After all, painters are different from the other occupations of the Upper Nine Paths. " Yes, for one thing, the other occupations are actually part of the Upper Nine rather than the Lower Nine...

"A prerequisite for beast tamers and apothecaries to attain a promotion to 2-star is to possess Zongshi realm cultivation" If that were true, then how would he be a 2-star beast tamer?

"Ever since he transcended into this world, he hadn’t fought with anyone. " I can think of at least four people that would disagree with that statement, more if you include beasts.

"Dealing such cruel blows yourself, how do you have the skin to criticize others?" Well, if there's one thing this MC is best at, its being shameless ;)

Sumasuun and Demonic Spoon like this.
  7. Inuzuka

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe it's assumed you have to be Zongshi realm to tame a Zongshi realm savage beast?

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, but isn't that quote from the MC's mental perspective? If so, then he clearly knows that its not an actual requirement.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll be quite surprised if that guy's not a big wig at the Master Teacher Pavilion. I expect he'll be involved in the MC's test in some way.

I wonder how long it'll take to find out that he has to call the MC senior? ;)

Also wondering why he lied about no one calling him a master teacher in years. There are several people in the city that can prove that to be a lie. And while he can't be certain that they're already in the city, he should expect them to either already be there, or be arriving soon.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Things were going so well for him. If he'd just taken this opportunity to reform, he would likely have lived a very happy life. I wonder how bad things will get before the MC shows up to crush him. Also wondering if the MC will get a golden page out of crushing him ;)

11. Demonic Spoon

Demonic Spoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hold on, the MC was disguised while beating up Physician Bai wasn't he? Why does Physician Bai recognize him when he's undisguised?

Yay, more plotholes!

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do I get the impression that the princess is in a precarious political position and this idiot is trying to make it worse? Some people just don't know how to leave well enough alone and enjoy the good fortune they've been given.

He's not disguised, nor was he disguised when he beat him up the first time. He was himself both times.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, so he wasn't trying to cook up a revenge scheme. I wonder if he just started a rumor that the princess will be upset about instead though? Especially if her family believes it and tries to make it a reality ;)

lol, I kinda feel like that guy will try to get himself added to the MC's retinue. I'm not sure if I'm against that or not.

14. FHandsome

FHandsome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why the MC never research how they do test before, it's so stupid to see MC don't know such fundamental knowledge.

15. Englandismycity

Englandismycity Rap God Nick Crom-... okay, I regret my username

Reading List:
    Link
    Only been like 2 months since he's been in the world. Give him a break, he's just going with the flow with no set goal.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    So, the rubber-stamping process is the only part of the test that could actually pose a challenge to him ;)

lol, that's definitely going to cause a storm. I wonder if the guard will still think that they're dating? Also wondering if she thinks she's doing him a favor, or if she's just fulfilling her obligations as his student.
    He does research it. Usually at the earliest moment that he can. This is probably the first time that he hasn't.

17. kryuzei

kryuzei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He did 'research' it by asking random people how the test works, but Zhang Xuan is shameless enough to just try to get into the test instantly in front of the said people that he asked lol.

justmehere likes this.
  18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "If he were to remain here for any period longer, wouldn’t the pavilion master of the Master Teacher Pavilion have to come greet him personally as well?"
    Actually, I'm pretty sure he will. I think he'll even be calling him Senior ;)

I can't help but feel like he's trying to make trouble by only taking out his lowest ranking emblem. If he'd brought out the 2-star Beast Tamer emblem, it probably would have saved him a lot of trouble in the future.

19. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So much face slapping...

I can even feel my cheeks and hands stinging while reading this novel....

Duwei likes this.
  20. Inuzuka

Reading List:
    Link
    But would he have been able to pass the 2nd test as a Beast Tamer? He's guided someone through forging a pill before as an Apothecary, but he hasn't really guided anyone as a Beast Tamer.
    Yeah he helped the Prince tame the Ancient Lightning Cloud Sparrow, the Poison Hall Envoy tame the Lava Beast, and the Master Teacher tame the Crimson Tiger but that was more using his superior zhenqi than an actual Taming Art (although I'm still not sure why he didn't compile a Heaven's Path Taming Art).

Edit: Who wants to bet that Jiang Chen will try to cause trouble for Zhang Xuan, only for Jiang Shu to find out Zhang Xuan is his Senior under Yang-shi and make Jiang Chen (who is probably a close relative) call him Senior Uncle?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017