LCD Library of Heaven's Path

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Kagamiya, Dec 24, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not really true. Even innocent people have to think about whether or not to confess under those circumstances. Tons of innocent people plead guilty to crimes they didn't commit every year simply because the odds of proving their innocence are quite terrible, and the consequences of insisting on their innocence and being found guilty, much worse than confessing.

Why would he even have a physical copy of the cultivation technique? He should have a photographic memory, and even if he didn't, he's taught it to thirty or more people for decades, he'd definitely know it by heart. Keeping it around when he didn't need it was just asking for trouble.

They keep referring to Zong Shen as "middle-aged", but they also said that the scheme had only been going on for a bit more than two decades, and that it started when Zong Shen was seven. Since his cultivation is quite high, shouldn't he still look like he's in his early twenties at the oldest?

2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C1026: "Departing with a fling of the sleeves after the job is done" He did get compensation though? Granted, it wasn't sufficient compensation, but it was still compensation.

C1027: Well, that guy's going to be useless when the seal opens.

C1028: If the door will only be open for 15 minutes, then how will they get out? And why don't they seem to be worried about the demons attacking to get in/out?

"The details I know about the ancient domain are severely limited. The only way we can find out is to explore it ourselves." Which is why you should have questioned the only survivor from the last expedition before executing him.

"If her clothes were to be burnt as well, should I look… or not look?" lol. That's not the sort of thing you say out loud XD

C1029: He said what he said under his breath right? That means he said it out loud and there's no way that anyone there didn't hear it given their cultivations. I really wish the author would think about these things before writing them :/

It occurs to me that the MC never bothered to get the item he needed to make his breakthrough to saint 1 dan. How is he planning to fight a saint 5 dan when he's not even in the saint realm? Or has he forgotten who his enemies will be in here? Also, why haven't the demons followed behind them? I sincerely doubt that they fear the MTs when there's such a massive gap in their cultivation realms. And why aren't the MTs curious about why the demons aren't attacking? It's very possible that they somehow caused the the seal to open up on the wrong place when they interfered with it the other day.

Wouldn't wasting his energy on that escape technique be the same as committing suicide given their current situation?

I can't help but wonder why it hasn't occurred to any of them that the person who created all this may have set it up for people much stronger than them. If they took a half a second to think about it, they'd realize that if anyone incapable of flight had entered, then that person would already be dead. The person who made this place was more than willing to kill those too weak to meet their expectations.

If he depleted all of his energy, then how is he still flying and still protecting himself from the heat? Or if it was only almost all of his energy, then why isn't he trying to replenish it before he falls from the sky and burns to death?

C1030: How could there not be a folded space? Isn't the entire place a folded space? If it has an actual real world presence, then shouldn't they have been able to map out the size of the place before entering if nothing else? Or was that seal actually a teleportation formation of some sort and the MC failed to notice even after compiling a book on it that would definitely have told him if it was?

The whole point of the "energy storm" is to teleport you away from the lava right? If so, then why does he think he'll have all the time in the world with the lava after finding the path on? It's far more likely to be a one way trip.

I wonder if his soul will be forced into the next segment without his body to accompany it.

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "it did have unquestionable loyalty to him" How is this unquestionable loyalty?

It occurs to me that he could just shove everyone in the anthive nest and send his clone. I sincerely doubt that that lava is hot enough to melt his clone's body.

"I won't be able to set up the formation, unless… I can advance my soul cultivation further." Or, he could just help someone else make the breakthrough to saint 5 dan. I seem to remember there being a few saint 4 dans in the party. Assuming that one of them has studied formations (which seems extremely likely given the MTP's rules for advancement), they could easily take his place and set up the formation under his guidance.

4. jackateonetoo

jackateonetoo Wet Dog

Reading List:
    Link
    Sexist as hell, too

jacobpaige likes this.
  5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C1033: And this is why he and the other supposedly intelligent people should have been much more supsicious of the demons, especially after they didn't try to follow the MTs intot he seal when it opened.

C1034: lol. That was anticlimactic ;)
    Don't forget racist, and just about every other form of bigotry out there. Though, thankfully, those don't come up as much since they just leave the people they don't like out of the story altogether more often than not. Unfortunately, when those people are included, the bigotry is so pervasive and inescapable that the series is basically unreadable far more often than not.

L611 and jackateonetoo like this.
  6. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m just waiting for China to become more progressive and start fighting the bigotry. Think how much better ATG would be if it wasn’t sexist, misogynistic, or racist

jackateonetoo likes this.
  7. jackateonetoo

jackateonetoo Wet Dog

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I remember reading early chapters of Swallowed Star, and although it didn't seem intentional, the racism though brief was still hard to read

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I gave up on that series a long time ago. If I recall correctly, it was because the MC raped someone and the author tried to justify it and make it sound like the victim's fault, or as if he was doing his victim some sort of favor (can't remember which).

9. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol i knew it
    it was so obvious that the author was going to make mc the missing son despite all the "tests" he did to convince us that he wasn't going down that route

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I've never really found toilet humor funny...

11. Finger_Ring

Finger_Ring Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for reminding me why I dropped this novel around 350. I remember entire chapters just to build up the next chapter for the face slapping and the recycled punchlines. I hear his disciple or at least one out paces him in cultivation. The yin meridian girl. I wonder how she accomplishes it since he has the purest energy and could cultivate very fast. I mean, his book creates the best cultivating arts for each and every realm. It was weird hearing about talent when his cultivation technique can super boost anyone even if they are mediocre.

LOL at the racism and sexism in Chinese culture. I believe, since xianxia readers are male oriented, damsels in distress plays to that male ego. It is why most heroines seem to shut up and stay in the background while their husband makes all the plans and decisions. Getting together with the male MC is like the death nail of personal growth. I cringe everytime a supposedly strong female says all she wants is a male to rely on. Growing up as a progressive male myself, I want someone to solve their own problems but I don't mind helping out. I don't want a woman just to agree with me and talk to me. If has a different opinion, I would like to hear it. Having multiple view points can show me how others outside of my head may view things or see if I am being an idiot at that time. A good partner should challenge and grow with you, not lose themselves.

I just want to know out of curiosity, did he ever meet the biological parents of the former body? Is he close to solving his poison? And, what are the status of all his former students in the current raws. Well, the original students since I don't care about any of the probable new ones.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Forgot to mention this previously, but since he killed the demons that came from outside, why doesn't he have the booklet? There wouldn't really have been any reason for them to not bring it in with them.

If it's a sound based attack, then why not just block the sound? They should be more than capable of halting the air around them, which is all it would take.
    If you're wanting spoilers, you should ask in the spoiler forum.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Couldn't he have just stuffed everyone in the anthive nest while he dealt with the tune? Keeping it a secret is important, but not as important as minimizing casualties in his group of extremely important people.

14. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol

Dont talk about racism or sexism in novels bro... if you dont like it, dont read it.
    Btw Have you seen the american spy novels and films? It may seem like it, but not everybody in america hates russians nor arabs. Hell even the authors are just writing it just for the plot. It is to cater to the audiences.

In any case, his poison problems is the main plot device, its never going to be solved until the end imo. And face slapping is still the main issues, hes not settling down anywhere and jumping left and right becoming teacher and principal.
    His students left him left and right to get more resources and being independent. I feel in the end the author is seeting up a big reunion to face slap the demons invading...

15. Finger_Ring

Finger_Ring Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I know all too well about the racism and nationalism. D. Rus book went into how America is an evil country for accepting homosexuals and that America wants to conquer the world and spread homosexuality. In some American books, especially by those hard white nationalistic Christians, write stories about the evil of progressives like myself. They crave authoritarianism and they hate brown people because of the propaganda. Trust me, I try avoiding those novels. But, in my case, I drop them as soon as I reach it or if I scout the book to see the racism tag. For example, I enjoyed the beginning of God and Devil world and Iwanted to leave a review on NU and I read some of the comments on there and dropped the novel. I also know that our dear leader Trump set up a concentration camp for immigrant children that I deplore, China has the same for Chinese Muslims, and Russians tend to kill offf anyone that threatens that oligarchal position. The US is heading in the sameway as Russia, where the right wants to create a white ethno state theocracy. In a study done in the Chicago Institute, nearly 50% of white Americans beleive they are innately superior to African Americans.

Don't worry bro, I pay attention to a lot and I fight for equality for men, women, gays, lesbians, transgendered, all the different races, against police brutality and the impinging threat of white supremisist infiltrating the police departments nation wide. In the US, 40% of reported domestic abuse comes from the spouses of police officers. The US is getting shittier with 30% of those people controlling 70% of the political offices because they suppress minority and other voters.

I enjoy zombie and post apocolyptic stories, but they are rifed with those same issues that disgust me. But, I found a few writers like Myra Grant, and I found other authros like Kel Kade that at least write and state how racism is idiotic. More writers in the US are progressive, and more female writers are writing reverse harem heroines that embrace their sexuality and don't feel shame they like to take on a lot of men at once. More writers in the West have strong women that don't need to rely on men. I have read some Chinese web novels without running into racism and without much sexism. TSJ, often writes strong women that don't mind telling the MC what a dumbass he is from time-to-time.

But, some cultures are just worse right now than others. I cannot ignore that 30% of those in Islam believes that the West needs to be removed. I don't have blinders on and they are a threat to the lives of those that just want to live their lives like myself.Unlike other progressives, I don't turn a blind eye on those things but I believe the choices of those in charge made the situation worse, and the US had a hand in putting those dictators into power and that some, want to expand and seize resources from other countries.

I live in a world filled with irony, some Americans telling Mexicans to go back to their country when Mexicans' ancestral land use to stretch to California. That Mexicans are suppose to be considered caucasians but with a darker skin tone like the greeks and middle eastern whites. Same idiocy that use to call the Irish non-whites.

Still, more authors are progressive and trending faster in that direction.We have a lot more authors writing about how shitty and evil the US has been at times. At least we can enjoy tearing down our government and its people unlike a lot of Chinese and Russian authors. Will it stay that way, who knows, but currently it is better for now. Just read about the Trump baby blimp making its way across America for example. We have mocked our own president and put him into diapers because he is no better than a toddler.

So Bro, don't pretend to know me from I find dislike about Chinese novels in general. Did you read where I jerked off on what a great country the US is? Fuck no and you only assumed.I wrote about the Chinese stories and you think I don't know about the issues I would find with the West.

16. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope you got it all wrong.

I was just saying dont talk about racism at all. I wasnt assuming to know you, but i was suggesting to not talk about it at all because it exists in almost any novel... hence any conversation about it is meaningless...

Hell i wasnt even saying youre a us citizen/patriot. (When you read my comment, ive never assume your nationality) I was just mentioning us novel as an example.

But hey its a free world. I guess you have your own reasons on why you want to vent. This is my personal experience though after seeing the world and having 2 kids, in the end what matters are those who are close to me. I dont label myself as conservartives nor progressives, i dont stand for trumps wall nor for obamas welfare system. I dont want to join either political side because they each have something to gain personally and would burn the world for power, but i vote for something if it changes my neighborhood.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't his body reach saint tier artifact toughness in the previous zone? Why is he pretending to be too weak to learn the technique? It's not like it didn't have enough other flaws for him to not want to learn it.

That aside, I wonder if he'll wind up merging it with his other two techniques.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    How was the cauldron able to squash all seven of them simultaneously without also crushing the master teachers that they were surrounding? Did he use his open end rather than his bottom and basically surround the master teachers himself while crushing the demons with his lip?

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C1045: It's odd that he didn't bring out his clone, either to send it through the lightning in his sted, or to refine its own soul once he realized such a thing was possible.

C1047: Seriously, why does he even have a clone if he's not going to pull him out in situations like that? If he just wanted someone to impersonate himself/Yang-shi, then he didn't need such an exaggeratedly powerful clone.

C1048: So, after he knocked out his friend, why didn't he just seal the demon in his golden page? I thought he still had one floating around, or am I mistaken?

20. Sumasuun

Sumasuun Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He gave it to the poison constitution student

jacobpaige likes this.