LCD Library of Heaven's Path

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Kagamiya, Dec 24, 2016.

1. fibonachi

fibonachi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really don't understand the latest arc. All Zhang Xuan has to do is show he is a Celestial Master Teacher and ALL his problems are solved. His arrest warrant, the wedding, his students' problems... Everything.

He'd rather be an exile, that could die to the innate poison at any momment, than risk the outworld demons knowing there is new Celestial Master Teacher. It feels like the author just forgot ZX had that option.

Also how are the master teachers THAT bad at finding him. He wrecks whatever place he visits and causes phenomenons of cosmic proportions on every breakthrough. Any one of those ancestors wills can just casually mention his Celestial Master Teacher status and the novel is over, but they all need to be mysterious, so of course the master teachers make wrong assumptions.

2. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
    that why he's acknowledged by heaven and your not.

free2591 likes this.
  3. webreader

webreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was hoping his students leave the mt pavilion when they found out. Combat hall all leaves to follow, so does the poison hall and the yuan clan, etc

4. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As ridiculous as the situation is, I'm still throughly enjoying this current arc. We're finally starting to figure out where he came from, the master teacher pavilion is starting to figure out how exceptional he is, it's all been a huge build up and semi frustrating how people are only beginning to start putting things together.

But I'll be damned if I'm not refreshing my LoHP page on a regular basis waiting for the next chapter. It's been a while since the novel's grabbed me like this and I'm really curious to see what things are going to be like when everyone finally realizes who ZX really is.

I mean shit, because of the Library he makes Kong Shi look like an amateur.

There are a bunch of things that he could probably do to solve his current problems, and the author not addressing them does frustrate a bit, but I'm willing to suspend my disbelief and just enjoy the ride.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    Westeller likes this.
  5. fibonachi

fibonachi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, the last few chapters were much better in that regard. With YX on his side he can hope to influence the Master teacher pavilion. Or just use him as easy access to steal... I mean browse some books.

6. droolingsnorlax

droolingsnorlax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How? Kong-shi was 100x better than him

7. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    Hardly. I mean, Kong Shi over the course of his lifetime, yes. He had a major impact on the world at large and saved all of humanity. Incredible, amazing, yes. But Kong Shi never had the LoHP, and Zhang Xuan having it basically means he can never be wrong, ever, and he can learn everything instantly.

Not even Kong Shi could do that.

8. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    F*cling Zhang Xuan couldn't wait 6 hours or whatever to finish the meridian bullshit before sending Yang Xuan off could he. Sigh. Saw that coming from miles away. Hopefully Zhao Ya makes it out of this okay.

9. droolingsnorlax

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you even reading the same novel?

ZX can only cultivate Heaven's Path techniques because he has the library. He can't even teach them to others because they can't cultivate it. One of the prerequisites for becoming a Celestial Master Teacher is to cultivate Heaven's path techniques. Because of many reasons even ZX suspects that kong-shi had LOHP or something similar in the earlier chapters. Kong shi used to have something called Spring and Autumn Grand Encyclopedia. Notice the Encyclopedia

Kong-shi started cultivating a little later than ZX in his early 20s but he also rose to the very top in 1-2 years at a time when there really weren't any proper books to cultivate. He started formal systematic cultivation systems, schools and the 9 star classifications. Kong-shi was never wrong in any of the techniques, he could also point out flaws of people just by taking a look. And i'm pretty sure one of the early chapters mentioned he too collected information at a tremendous pace. And unlike ZX his status was public though at that time FSR had no idea how dangerous he would be, he was still probably attacked a lot by them. He had followers like Ancient Sage Qui Wu who were at the very top of Master Teacher Continent even before he became a saint. (He also pointed out exactly the same flaws as ZX in Qui Wu's techniques)

If ZX wasn't really lucky and happen to come by Saint Canonization ??? developed by Kong-shi even with the library he would have just broke through normally and that would probably have been the end of his Heaven's Acknowledged status.

Kong-shi when he broke through to Saint status has the heaven's shower an aura that is still present to this day after dozens of thousands of years. ZX couldn't even properly break through without his help

Also if you notice Ruoxi knew ZX's status but didn't really care that much about it but was still idolized Kong-shi and was searching for something of his

Once he reached the top Kong-shi slowed down took on thousands of disciples, helped with setting up several professions, established the the Master Teacher Pavilion drove out FSR to some remote ares and helped set up space seals to keep them there. The only time ZX helps anybody other than himself and his disciples is by accident.

Also you can clearly see that LOHP not only gives him cheats but also manipulates him, the most direct evidence being how he chose the name Yang-shi. Who knows where this will lead to. As of yet he hasn't really done anything new without using the LOHP unlike Kong-shi.

When he meets Kong-shi he says that since you are also able to be a HAFM you must be the same as me. and advices / warns him not to just follow the path of previous and make your own way. Which might suggest he knows about ZX's LOHP. He also says since that's the case ZX should also be able to use Spring and Autumn Grand Encyclopedia, and that he shouldn't let it fall into wrong hands

Westeller likes this.
  10. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Zhang Xuan can only cultivate with the Heaven's Path Divine Art cultivation method because he has the library, he cannot teach it to anyone else (even his clone) without simplifying and altering it to suit them. However, he can teach any other Heaven's Path Art to anyone.

The only known prerequisites for becoming a Celestial Master Teacher are to be a teacher and to care for your students. The only known prerequisites for becoming a Celestial Saint are be a Celestial Master Teacher and to cultivate the Saint Ascension Decipher. Neither of these require you to cultivate Heaven's Path Arts.

What is a HAFM supposed to be?

Kong-shi advices / warning him not to just follow the path was a reference to the Great Sage and Ancient Sage stages of Zhenqi cultivation, as well as 9-star Master Teacher, requiring you to create your own path.

11. droolingsnorlax

Reading List:
    Link
    He simplifies the sword techniques before he teaches others, I'm pretty sure they can't cultivate techniques without flaws. ZX also always finds flaws in techniques of his own students. And I'm 90% sure it was mentioned you need Heaven's Path cultivation technique to become a Celestial Master Teacher. If it isn't for Heaven's Path technique his Zhenqi would never be dense/pure/thin enough to do many things that were necessary along the way.

HAFM means Heaven's Acknowledged Famed Master, the same as Celestial Master Teacher

Exact quote from kong shi
    If he were talking about Great Saint / Ancient Sage it would apply to everyone on the continent not just him particularly. There isn't any reason to take the few seconds you have to give that advice. And it's possible at the time of kong shi there wasn't such good cultivation techniques even below Great saint

Westeller likes this.
  12. Inuzuka

Reading List:
    Link
    He simplifies most of the Heaven's Path Arts before he teaches them to others, even his students, because they are too strong to trust others with, not because they would be unable to cultivate them.

Simplifying arts doesn't introduce flaws into them, it just lowers their rank.

13. droolingsnorlax

Reading List:
    Link
    It does though. It is stated several times that the techniques he teaches his students have about 3-4 flaws but he makes it so that those flaws are pretty minor and shouldn't cause any problem. No one else can cultivate flawless techniques other than ZX and Kong shi and probably
    Ruoxi

14. Inuzuka

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I remember, he's only willingly taught someone a flawed Heaven's Path Art once, which was his clone. Any flaws in his students are due to their own misunderstanding of his teaching which he corrected as soon as he noticed them.

Unrelated, but with this talk of meridian networks and meridian reconstruction, I feel like Zhang Xuan is going to end up with a true dragon's meridians.

15. droolingsnorlax

Reading List:
    Link
    From when he tries to cultivate the clone for the first time. Even his clone can't cultivate flawless techniques because it doesn't have the library

Well he is definitely going to get flawless meridians from the library, but will that be the same as a true dragon? I think even true dragons probably have a few flaws in their meridian chart

Westeller likes this.
  16. droolingsnorlax

Reading List:
    Link
    Also the very first time he enters the Library, it says "Heavens path is imperfect". So just because the library says there are no flaws does not necessarily mean there are no flaws. Since Heavens path is imperfect and the library is a part of heavens path it cannot find flaws in itself

Westeller likes this.
  17. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kong Shi hasn't appeared much. But the handful of times his words and actions have been directly mentioned, they match up with ZX's a lot. For example, I seem to recall ZX pointing out that ancient sage's flaws and having him say/think something along the lines of "this is the same thing Kong Shi said to me back in the day, but I couldn't resolve them." Similarly, Kong Shi's test at the Saint Ascension Platform required picking out flaws in his wording, which was otherwise perfect. We have not seen or heard of a single example of Kong Shi being wrong. And his attitude when he directly appeared was kind of reminiscent of ZX as well.

And if caring for your students was all it took to be a Celestial Master Teacher, there'd be a lot more of them... No. The Master Teacher continent is incredibly vast, and the time that has passed since Kong Shi's day has been great. For ZX to be literally the only one, he has to be completely unique. And the only unique things about him are his cultivation and the LoHP.

It is definitely not his personality or intelligence.

droolingsnorlax likes this.
  18. droolingsnorlax

Reading List:
    Link
    What I wanted to say but much better put

19. Inuzuka

Reading List:
    Link
    True dragons may have a few flaws in their meridian network, but it can't be worse than magical beasts or otherworldly demons. Besides, Zhang Xuan has already been confused as being a true dragon in human form since he can vocalize the dragon language, partly due to having all 108 acupoints opened.

Or there are other requirements to becoming a Celestial Master Teacher that Kong-shi met, but Zhang Xuan didn't and the Library of Heaven's Path compensated.

Besides, if Kong-shi did have the Library, he would have been able to resolve the various flaws in Qui Wu's movement technique, and the techniques of his direct disciples like Sage Zhang's speed type sword quintessence, Sage Luo's comprehension of space or Sage Zhong's Heaven Ascending Steps.

20. droolingsnorlax

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes normal beasts and FSR probably have ~1000 flaws and True dragons only ~10 flaws maybe.

You have to remember that Qiu Wu's spirit or whatever was left behind just after Kong-shi broke through to Saint and the memories the spirit has is only upto then + whatever it experienced from then. It's normal that Kong-shi couldn't fix the flaws at that time as he probably didn't have enough knowledge then. So just like ZX he gave an excuse and asked him to fix them himself. Or he could have simply chosen to not fix them for whatever reason. Even ZX doesn't go around randomly fixing everyone's techniques. Even if he wanted to he can't pass on flawless techniques because others can't cultivate them and each generation when they pass on the knowledge seem to do so by their own understanding which introduces more flaws.

Westeller likes this.