TV Limitless

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by sal880612m, Nov 5, 2015.

1. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    So this I have been enjoying. It's got just the right blend of drama and levity that it works. Sure the premise is kinda dumb but if you get past that it's got it's own charm. I couldn't help but be amused by the most recent episode. I started watching it and realized that in a lot of ways the show in general reminded me of Ferris Beuler's Day Off, this was of course just a few minutes before it became perfectly clear that the entire episode was an homage to FBDO. Easily my favourite new show so far.

2. Fosk91

Fosk91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, i started watching it, and it wasn't that bad, but after 3 episodes i was tired of it xD.
    The thing that bugged me the most was how they reduced it to a standard detective flick with dumb cops. With the abilities that the guy has the possibilities for the show were,as the name of itself say, literally limitless...

3. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    What direction would you have like it to take?

4. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have only watched the movie, and haven't watched the series yet. Is it good? @Fosk91 said that it became detective show.

As someone who liked the movie, I guess more to drug dealer? Or physiological series instead of detective. US already has too many detective show.

5. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    It did end up going the procedural route. I have never seen the movie, so I don't know how it compares to that. Still I don't hate procedurals so it works for me.