Feature Request Link to Reviews from Profile

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Molenir, Apr 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Molenir

Molenir Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless you know the link, or go to a series you have previously submitted a review for, and click other reviews by this person, it is really difficult to find the reviews you've submitted. It would be nice if there was a link on the profile page, allowing us to see the list of reviews we have submitted.

2. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    While I agree to this, you can go to your public reading list and see your series. If you wrote for any, they will appear there unless you changed your username.

LaDyViL likes this.
  3. Molenir

Molenir Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where does it show up on your reading list? Is there a difference between the public reading list, and my reading list? Or is it maybe one of the options? I wrote a review for a story, just to check, and I still didn't notice a difference on my reading list. Regardless, I'd like to be able to easily find a link to my previous reviews, rather then having to find a previous review I did, then click check other reviews by author...

4. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no difference. Mango was just offering a possible solution for you while this request is pending until @Tony can get to it. His solution works under assumption that if you've reviewed a novel, then you could possibly find it among the novels in your reading list.

I'll give you another solution to use meanwhile Toni mulls over this request. Take this link: ( https://www.novelupdates.com/more-reviews/?uname= ) and just add the username of the NU member you wish to view reviews for. For you, this link would be: ( https://www.novelupdates.com/more-reviews/?uname=Molenir )

5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    The public reading list has links to all of your reviews.

Check this screenshot out, I took it from Mobile on landscape mode:

Screenshot_20180405-183439.png
    The button saying "Review" right below each novel links directly to your review of it.

Molenir and LaDyViL like this.
  6. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :hmm: I see, never noticed it since I don't review anything. If only there's a filter that can exclude the novels where the user haven't reviewed from that list...would be nice if one have hundreds of novels in one list.

Molenir and AliceShiki like this.
  7. Molenir

Molenir Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Getting a little off the topic, but I've never heard of this public reading list. I am always logged into the site, and to the right, under user tools, is reading list. Thats the one I always use. Is this public reading list, one you need to know the address for? Is there already a link somewhere to it I missed?

8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, you can't access the public one through NU, it's only available through NUF, this is how:

Public Reading List.jpg

You need to enable the Public Reading List on NU first before you can see it though, yours is currently disabled.

Molenir and LaDyViL like this.
  9. Molenir

Molenir Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, took me a minute to figure out how to activate it. In the reading list, under global settings, theres an option to enable the public reading list. Then sure enough following the NUF link allows you to see what rating you've given the stories on your reading list. Very cool. Thank you for the help!

Would still like to have a simple link on the profile though. Preferably this one. Would make it much easier.
    https://www.novelupdates.com/more-reviews/?uname=(username)

Yeah, my now active public reading list has over 300 stories on it. A few with ratings, and a very few with actual reviews.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2018
    AliceShiki likes this.
  10. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    You can also use https://www.novelupdates.com/more-reviews/?uid=
    For op it would be
    https://www.novelupdates.com/more-reviews/?uid=3705

Which is a rather old account

Also +1 to this, it is pretty hard to get link to someone's reviews if they did not have there list public

11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I do agree that a link in the profile would be easier, but Tony added an entry on the FAQ that tells you how to reach your own reviews through this link now.

So, it should be easier for you to find it in case you lose the link, just check the FAQ.