Discussion List of best xianxia stories

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by kastiaserak, Jan 3, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djsosonut

djsosonut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I Shall Seal the heavens: Simply the best xianxia I've read. Constantly subverts expectations. Great MC, side characters, antagonists, and with a multifaceted cultivation path. Starts out slow, but gets better with every passing chapter.

Douluo Dalu: My favorite wuxia, and the story that introduced me to xianxia and wuxia. I love that the MC isn't the only character that is overpowered. And like ISSTH clever use of power is as important as power levels, if not more so.

Against the Gods: Probably the most addicting xianxia i've read. It can be predictable, but its always a fun read. It's the only harem xianxia I've read where I would enjoy the MC being with every woman in his harem. All the females are well developed and multifaceted. Which makes it more rewarding when the MC gains their favor. Plus the MC trolls like no other.

The Great Ruler: There is just something about this one that I love. I guess i just love clever, ruthless MCs. This MC doesn't come off arrogant. He doesn't start fights, but he will viciously crush anyone that starts one with him. I can't wait to see how this story develops. It's been amazing so far.

Shen Yin Wang Zuo: The MC in this one is a saint. The kid is just so honest and perfect and, at least for me, impossible to hate. Same writer as Douluo Dalu. With the same focus on not making the MC the only over powered character.

Terror Infinity: Not completely sure this counts. But I'll throw it in anyway. It's just a completely unique idea. People getting forcibly evolved by an unknown entity making them survive various sci-fi/horror movies. The MC starts out a bit naive, but become more pragmatic as the story continues. Throughout the story you never get the sense that any victory is handed to them. The specter of death hangs over them all. And often finds them.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
    kastiaserak and AnarchyDev like this.
  2. BlackHat88

BlackHat88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I forgot way of choice, it's really a original xianxia.
    The hero is smart and nice and there's a lot of political plots and the beginning of end game plots.
    The hero is crippled but there's several stuff he can do he shouldn't be able to so we're in the dark about his real power and so is he.
    His fate(literally) is to die by 21, will he be able to reverse is fate? Well probably yes, it's a story after all lol.

He doesn't fight a lot himself so far but it's still one of the best xianxia around.

3. Brungles

Brungles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Perfect World and Douluo Dalu are the most interesting worlds and systems I've seen so far. About everything else seems fairly generic is comparison.

4. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ISSTH
    I love ISSTH for one reason alone and that is Meat Jelly I do not know why he makes me smile a lot given how annoying he is.I think it might be how childish he is. Reading about him is like watching a 2-3 year old being annoyingly cute hate them but love them at the same time

GrimReaper likes this.
  5. xtayuyax

xtayuyax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know this is off topic and I apologize, but are there any xianxias that have good female characters? And I mean good as in more than just a pretty face that knows some martial arts that after a certain point of the story just there to look pretty and be a "trophy"? I read Douluo Dalu but I got really turned off after a certain point in regards to my previous question. Sorry if this sounded rude, I just want to get into the genre because the systems and worlds are interesting but the character development really ends up turning me off ;x

6. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mys Disciple Died Yet Again. The one and only

7. xtayuyax

xtayuyax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I shall give it a whirl. Thank you ;3

8. GrimReaper

GrimReaper Member

Reading List:
    Link
    agree with u...

9. Suoh95

Suoh95 King

Reading List:
    Link
    ISSTH is boring rn but when its on, Its ON.

10. infinitum

infinitum Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Martial god space, TMW, DE, and tales of demons and gods.

11. palaraya

palaraya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I Shall Seal The Heaven and Long Live Summon are my favorite now

12. infinitum

infinitum Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Duh ISSTH is must read and also perfect world. Xianni is also interesting.

13. Aloo

Aloo Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you like ISSTH try World of Cultivation. As far story goes it should be among the best as well. I dont know why people dont know about it. It's really good and the way the story is written is very unique. As far immersion into story goes its higher than any other xianxia I've read.

Arcturus likes this.
  14. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Ryve16

Ryve16 Working Hard and Hardly Working

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like ze tian ji. It has a good story and even though its slow you just wanna keep reading it. The MC is very mature and is not the "you stepped on my foot! KILL!" kind of character. Character development is great (i will ship ChenXLou any day) with emphasis on the MC and those around him.

16. midoriryu7

midoriryu7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    stellar transformation, mga, lls, and issth

17. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    right now i would say, ATG, TDG, Perfect World, and HJC. now ordinarily i would add DKC but recently it's been super annoyingly slow, so for now i'm knocking it off my best list.

18. koog008

koog008 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    some arent best but i like it
    cd - its classic and i love it.. got me into xianxia
    douluo dalu - well written and love background of story
    god and devil world - dont think its xianxia but i love it. i love zombies with gaming elements. the cruel world.
    lls - summoning plus comedy
    issth - all around good read
    de - like the story
    ss - unique
    tmw - liking it alot atm. root for mc.
    hjc - similar to douluo so i like it
    atg - has most epic moments and cliffs
    tdg - its interesting
    ag - similar to douluo so i like it
    csg - liking it atm
    swyz - at ch 243 something unexpected happened where i like it
    perfect world - liked it until baby part and got pissed and stopped reading, ill get back to it when i calm down

19. TrueLiesLost

TrueLiesLost Seeker of The Lost Truth

Reading List:
    Link
    Desolate Era is one of my absolute favorites along with Douluo Dalu and its sequel. I also like Long Live Summons, Tales of Demons and Gods, The Great Ruler, Chaotic Sword God, Wu Dong Qian Kun, and have recently started reading Mythical Tyrant which I found enjoyable. There is also God of Thunder which I enjoy and there's Shen Yin Wang Zuo. I'm also planning on checking out Xian Ni and The Kind Death God after seeing the comics.

20. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want to say that World of Cultivation is fantastic and if it weren't for the fact that it only has ~100 chapters out and I only started reading it recently, it could be fighting for my favorite xianxia with ISSTH. If you haven't read it, you're wrong. (If you're on the site, To Be a Virtuous Wife is pretty good too, though it's not xianxia)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.