Discussion List of worse xianxia stories

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by ArgosYesu, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hendricksen-sama

Hendricksen-sama Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am truthfully annoyed at how much hate the Japanese and Chinese are receiving due to some dark hentai and just overall stupid things by the Japanese and the belittling of women by the Chinese.

Honestly, I am also an Asian, but neither JP or CH. But I would just like to say that EASTERNERS will always be different from WESTERNERS. In a very honest opinion of mine, most westerners are quite a bit hypocrites, leading debauched (sorry) lives. Yes, I admit that we Asians are not exempted, but at the very least it is with reason. The Japanese have really low crime rates, but rape is prevalent. The Chinese are just hateful. I myself don't like Westerners that much.

Do you all know the reason? We lack understanding of each other's cultures. I'm not here to offend anyone. I am here to state my opinion. That is all.

Now, so as not to stray from the topic, here's my 3 worst xianxia:
    1) Chaotic Sword God - boring
    2) Martial God Space - currently reading it but hating it at the same time. MC stumbles upon a priceless treasure, then called a genius? Shameful. Even if he has unparalleled perseverance and hardwork, what use is it if he does not have talent? He just relies on the treasure he acquired. Vice versa, what use is talent without effort?
    3) Xian Ni - I actually liked it at first. But seriously, wtf is going on? I can't understand anything, just random happenings. After his' sect got destroyed he just suddenly went to an ancient ruin (?) and the story starts to get boring and meaningless.

2. Larkan

Larkan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no idea why you went on about that eastern thing.

CSG - is repetitive really repetitive.
    MGS - also repetitive but latest chapters have shown some signs of a plot brewing
    Xian Ni - yep after the sect was destroyed, it was really weird especially that corpse sect part but maybe its due to the MTL translation.

I would say these are also not that good
    PMG - Repetitive , no signs of any plot or character development.
    ATG - well this one is mostly due to its absurdity , sometimes i feel like the author is just adding shit as he goes along
    TDG - felt a bit too bland for me
    MGA - i didn't go very far with this one cause i heard spoilers and i didn't waste any more time in it cause it was obviously not for me.
    DME - typical xianxia tropes but with females character instead of male, the personality of them seem all recycled.

Since this is a worst xianxia i won't point out the shit jp novels but there are some too.

3. Anoncommander1

Anoncommander1 The Commander

Reading List:
    Link
    If it does not good how can it become popular? but seriously i never got to read that raping,drugging, mutilating thing you just said on top 20.... maybe it is just me that haven't read it yet.

4. Anoncommander1

Reading List:
    Link
    It is what they said culture shock.... btw I never give my own worst xinxia here i go

CCM: the MC is dick head, torturing a pet without any reason, sometime he can be clever as fuck and sometime he can stupid as dick.

Xian ni : the story start up good and end up boring so i drop it in the middle. It is forever alone kind of novel where there is only Train> Kill enemy> Train > some mysterious thing happen> and repeat.

Zhan long : I can't even read past 10 chp. boring as fuck.

5. Larkan

Larkan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone has their own taste, So good for some doesn't mean its good for all

6. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that you mention Zhan Long
    Zhan Long was pretty annoying to read so I started to skip chapters then read the bit about the ending. Just saying this now the ending is incredibility lackluster does not really end things at all and even the author said she/he ( dunno the author gender ) was gonna write a side story to wrap things up way better. the ending though made me cringe and I am happy I went and read it so I wouldn't waste my time. its actually nothing horrible but the rush ending with nothing really being explain just reminds me of the TV show LOST where you just get more confused with the ending then if they just discontinue the show / story with having a ending.
    If you guys dislike the ending of the TV show LOST do not read Zhan long please.

Edit: Now that I think about it the only reason I kept reading Zhan long for a while was because the translation of chapters were a lot and happening quickly not the fact it was a good story. It was decent but not one I was say was good.

Ending to Zhan long !!! DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW!!!
    It involves the MC and his group losting a fight at the end in-game then he pretty much goes MIA out of the VRMMORPG to go to war with mutant beings IRL leaving everyone else to deal with his shit in-game well at least he gets the girl in the end I guess? lol

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  7. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    NTR = Netorare where the MC's girl gets stolen.
    In ISSTH, the MC is stealing the girls so he's doing Netori. People tend to like Netori better since the MC is usually stealing them from guys who are dicks.

Unless there's something in the future, in which case "SPOILER."

8. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know but for some reason netori and netarare tend to fall under the blanket tag of NTR. But as I was saying ISSTH has slightly technically an netori but out of all the Xianxia I have read there hasn't been netarare

9. Anoncommander1

Reading List:
    Link
    like ATG. I seriously pity that sword villa familly man. all their wanted girl get snatched by yun che.
    Chu Yuechan = the father
    Xia Qinyue = the elder brother
    Cang Yue = the little brother.

they must be the woman snatcher in their past life that now they get their retribution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.