Listen to the Song Above

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 504622, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Deleted member 504622

Deleted member 504622 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Listen to the song posted before you then say what you think. After, post the song you want the next person to listen to.

Heard this being hummed recently. Sounds pretty good. Reminds me of my ex.

(Don't know why that was funny.)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2023
  2. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    It reminds me of this song.

Mainly becuas ethere is this idea of time passing and what to do with it, external vs internal, and its perception.
    Clearly in "Dong TIme" its more about being static in time focuses on summer time; this whole song could take place within a few minutes, just before the sun is setting (especially since there is less emphasis on time passing). There also the relationship with others, and what that causes; there is more focused on the relationship than the participants.

Meanwhile, in "Over the..." Its more disillusioned with time. You cant time if they are stuck in the same day, month, season, living it over and over, or if the days blend into each other. There is also the idea that She's enjoying her friends and even strangers.

Another thing to point is the rhythm. They are both mellow, but the first one is a bit more dramatic/lively, while the second one is more careless/dense. This kinda makes me think that they are both expressing the same emotion, but the singer became mature in-between these two songs. Or maybe one is during the drama and one is after the agnst. Whatever the case, they both stem from the same emotion, but I'd like to see it as the singer is looking into her pass and remembering about the song/time, making it seem that it just happened. Or even, that its repeating itself, blending into the next day, or maybe week.... Basically, "Over the.." is a more mature outlook on time than "Doin Time" if anything I just said makes sense.

Deleted member 504622 likes this.
  3. Deleted member 504622

Reading List:
    Link
    @hypersniper159
    "Chemtrails Over the Country Club" is a pretty great song lyrically and melodically. I find that I lean more toward "Doin' Time" though because of its similarity with some of the music I listen to. The artist, I think is great. A recognizable style of singing and some kind of old and modern pop genre fusion. So much reverb and echo. Add a lot of drama to her songs.

I was in this very same concert with my uncles. It gave me a temporary stiff neck, but it was worth it.

StraxDW and hypersniper159 like this.
  4. nayumi_.0o

nayumi_.0o Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    absolutely love lana

5. Aqua_the_idiot

Aqua_the_idiot my decisions are justified by my name

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Deleted member 504622

Reading List:
    Link
    @Aqua_the_idiot
    Thank you for that. I like Amy Winehouse's music and class. Just not a fan of speeding up songs or the genre nightcore.

For the next person.

Aqua_the_idiot likes this.
  7. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Listened to Portishead a bit when I was a tween, for lack of better music. There wasn't a whole lot of the modern stuff I liked back then (I was into older music- 80s and earlier). It's calm and strange and soothing. But not really exactly my taste. And since it brought me back, here's what came to mind:

I think I like almost all their songs.

8. Deleted member 310942

Deleted member 310942 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Song above isn't the type I usually listen to, but it sounds great.

I wanted to recommend some island music since they aren't popular like mainstream music.

9. Deleted member 504622

Reading List:
    Link
    @UnknownTakuaN
    That was actually good. I initially thought it would be some underground rap looking at the photo and the font.
    Singing is RnB influenced which I think is one of the most complex. Was great lyrically and melodically, too.

This song used to be one the most requested for us to play back in uni.
    For the person below.

Deleted member 310942 likes this.
  10. Deleted member 310942

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad you liked it! If you ever want to listen to something similar to it, I have a lifetime's worth of island music :blobsmilehappyeyes:. Also, you're right. Very R&B influence, along with a lot of reggae influence.

11. Eat_Angst

Eat_Angst |System T219| [The Bear Monarch]

Reading List:
    Link
    The song above seems like something my sister's would dance too. Haha. my reaction while listening was really like that one dancing cat meme
    Like this!

My taste in music

https://youtu.be/0bZVnjL5XLc
    Jokes aside

https://youtu.be/zNs0ZOcfMAw

https://youtu.be/amSz35-jHJQ

https://youtu.be/X7hrHMBXM78

https://youtu.be/5fEcPr3vvTo
    https://youtu.be/Oq2PEeuZUvk

But these are just some songs I really like. I don't usually listen to music I like to do things in silence lol lol

12. Deleted member 310942

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol the songs above are just my type lmfao. I want to go even further underground, and introduce my culture. Since we're posting songs of different languages, anyway.

https://soundcloud.com/user-114238789/ee-kan-jemeto-winiwinumw-tata

This is a really unknown language (Chuukese), so I'll translate the main words for whoever is below.

"Ee Kan Jemeto Winiwinumw Ngeniei"- "I Always Remember You" or "You Always Appear In My Mind" (roughly).

I think it's a love song about two lovers who split up but still love each other :meowpuffytears: (I don't know that much because even though I grew up knowing this language, there are too many words to learn dammit).

I'm actually working on translating it. I might post a blog of the translations.

13. Deleted member 504622

Reading List:
    Link
    @UnknownTakuaN
    I don't understand the language, but I listened for the island feel. I think "Overwhelmed" and "Wade in Your Water" are the good ones I like so far. The latter is like a song lovers in an open beach club would dance to.

For the person below:

I like heavy sensual songs; the ones that are haunting and will pull you down to the depths of every emotions. Deftones is one of those alternative heavy metal bands who can pull it off well without sounding trashy. Lyrically good even when he's actually just talking about sex sometimes (haha).

Deleted member 310942 likes this.
  14. Deleted member 310942

Reading List:
    Link
    AHHH THIS IS WHERE I FIRST SAW YOU I FINALLY REMEMBER :meowpuffysoul:

15. Deleted member 504622

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I thought you were a big ole' Hawaiian boy with a fluffy heart.

16. Deleted member 310942

Reading List:
    Link
    PUHAHHA NOOO

HEY I KNOW THAT SONG

17. Kelsealoufromkalamazoo

Kelsealoufromkalamazoo [The Luckiest Sunfish]

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the instrumentals and vocals, but I’m not crazy about it. If it was playing on the radio, I wouldn’t change the station. It’s just not my thing.

I don’t speak Russian, but I really like the instruments and the singers voice. I’m also a slut for a good bass guitar

18. PomeloCloud

PomeloCloud 蝶のようにここまで

Reading List:
    Link
    When it first played, I was just like daaaaarn the bass was just so good. It gives the usual vibes whenever I listen to old songs like ones from America, The Police or Eagles. Those are really great. I don’t understand the lyrics but the music is great. They sound great for driving too :blobmelt:

PS. Didn’t think I’d use great 3x in all the subsequent sentences lol

19. PepperCherry

PepperCherry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Singer has a nice voice but the instrumentals are not so nice. Overall a little slow for my taste but I still liked it.

20. Kelsealoufromkalamazoo

Kelsealoufromkalamazoo [The Luckiest Sunfish]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, the video says it’s not available in my country. What’s the name so I can look it up?

I love Kali Uchis’ voice, and I like how well she blends English and Spanish in her songs. She released this song a few weeks ago and I’ve been obsessed. Love the intro and the beat in the background