Listen to the Song Above

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 504622, Feb 2, 2023.

1. LAOG

LAOG Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kali Uchis' is great. Definitely prefer when she sings in spanish but that's mostly my bias talking. This song like many other of her tracks is a vibe.

2. Deleted member 504622

Deleted member 504622 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think I've ever hated any Spanish song in my life. I always prefer the older ones, but I also like this.
    The feel is very much like 2014 Latina girl dancing alone in a club.

Arctic Monkeys has always been a great band since Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not which was the time he didn't look like he does now. He used to have short hair, then thick wavy hair. Honestly, we all thought he had a growth spurt during the Suck It and See era 'cause he just appeared looking different suddenly.

LaDyViL likes this.
  3. Kelsealoufromkalamazoo

Kelsealoufromkalamazoo [The Luckiest Sunfish]

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the Arctic Monkeys, and this is one of my favorite songs of theirs. That guitar is so iconic

This is my favorite Mitski song. The lyrics really pull at my heartstrings and I identify with them. Coupled with Mitski’s voice that radiates regret and tragedy so well, it’s no surprise I tear up a little when I listen to it.

Deleted member 504622 likes this.
  4. Deleted member 504622

Reading List:
    Link
    I somehow see the influence of Cranberries, Sixpence None the Richer, and some Courtney Love. Not bad.

5. LAOG

LAOG Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't heard of them before. They remind me a lot of some of the bands that came out around that time and around 07-09. Not bad at all.

6. Kelsealoufromkalamazoo

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I really like this. It kinda gives me an old-school vibe with the piano and female vocals. This would be great to listen to while studying.

Shizukani likes this.
  7. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice! Made me feel like dancing a little bit :blobneet: When it started it kinda reminded me of plastic love. Very nice~ I can add this to my playlist. :shiblobhappy:

8. LAOG

LAOG Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Taylor Swift still got some bangers even after all this time. Haven't heard much of her newer stuff but this was still pretty good.

One of my favorite mixes out there

Shizukani likes this.
  9. Deleted member 504622

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, this is not bad. If I were to rate this, I'd give this a 7/10.

I truly think this Miley Cyrus is at the peak of her vocal ability. She has a voice I can line up with Heart, Roxette, and Cyndi Lauper. Rare tone for someone pretty young.

10. Kelsealoufromkalamazoo

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t listen to Miley Cyrus much, but she really does have a great voice. I like her take on Like a Prayer

I love how The Orion Experience sounds. The vocals kinda remind me of bands from the 70s. You can tell they have fun with their music

11. Deleted member 504622

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm familiar with this band because some of their songs were used in a few shows back then. They make catchy tunes, a very disco-ish feeling, but they're not for me. If I want to listen to that some disco, I'd listen to some Earth, Wind, Fire.

I just remember this track while I was working earlier. This was playing in one of my road trips before.

LAOG likes this.
  12. LAOG

LAOG Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, been a good while since I last heard this track. Majestic Casual is definitely a good channel to check out many artist and good tracks. As for this song, reminds of some good old times in the mid 2010s.

13. Dwarkin

Dwarkin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This song reminds me of my youth. In the beginning of 00's I liked to watch anime and listened j-pop and j-rock bands, like L'arc~en~ciel. And it seems like I've heard this song before

14. Deleted member 504622

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, yes, One of the best. I'm not sure if there's another comedy rock band like them. Jack Black is one of a kind.

I have limited taste in hip-hop/rap. This made the cut.

15. Kelsealoufromkalamazoo

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t listen to hip-hop, and I’m not much of a fan. But I really liked the guitar and that bass in the background

Melanie released the audio for this today, so excited for the rest of the album!

16. PomeloCloud

PomeloCloud 蝶のようにここまで

Reading List:
    Link
    This has a nice beat and tone, the kind of music I listen to on a chill afternoon. Pretty cool music you would vibe your head to

The chill music I listen to when driving

17. Deleted member 504622

Reading List:
    Link
    Certainly fitting to be played while driving.

I found out about this recently. It's sexy. I like it.

18. LAOG

LAOG Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was a nice track. Reminded a lot of the RnB songs that came out back in the day. Some of the lyrics seemed cheesy but was still pretty good.

19. simon1992

simon1992 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really good song remind me of early 2000s rock, i can see myself listening to this will reading a novel

20. Deleted member 504622

Reading List:
    Link
    Some parts of the main vocals remind me of 2003 Evanescence. For some reason, some Japanese songs are easily recognizable to me even without listening to the lyrics. Some instruments utilized in Japanese songs like this aren't typically found in pop/rock from other countries. The arrangement also gives them away, but I generally have limited knowledge of Japanese songs except for ones from One Ok Rock (my cousin was blasting one of their songs in the car a long time ago) and some old Japanese pop songs. I have a neutral take on the music.

I like songs that are quite haunting.