Picked Up Liu Yao: The Revitalization of Fuyao Sect (by Priest)

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by baka8roukanako, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    *Sends a thousand butterfly kisses to @K.san* ╰(✿´⌣`✿)╯♡

Chuyin, baka8roukanako and K.san like this.
  2. Shizuka15

Shizuka15 Lady Lan XiChen

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!!!

Chuyin likes this.
  3. Chuyin

Chuyin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is true? In fact, it would be great if you found pleasure in reading this book!
    Honestly, I avoided Priest's works for a long time because I had heard about their moral complexity for the reader. As a lover of humor and happy ends, I was afraid that, watching the characters, I would worry too much... Now that I finally took a chance, I want to say that I don’t regret it at all. I really cried, but the feeling of how awesome this work outweighs my sadness. The whole world in the palm of your hand, and it fully deserves attention. I think that gradually morally growing up with the characters. Probably, Priest's works are not for everyone, and fans of a light and uncomplicated plot will pass by. But I am sure that those who love deep works will appreciate this novel.

Attica, Airisu, compass96 and 2 others like this.
  4. Airisu

Airisu Where is my daily GL

Reading List:
    Link
    That would be super amazing! Since ExR's translations are always very good, it would be in good hands.

Fiorisi, Shizuka15, Cypress and 2 others like this.
  5. hasulin

hasulin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have been planning to read Liu Yao for months, but temporarily restrained my curiosity because I really didn’t want to repeat the same painful mistake of getting emotionally invested in a work that hasn’t been updated for a long time. The details in Priest’s writing are so vivid and alive, it almost feels like everything I’m reading is happening right in front of my eyes. If someone decides to translate the rest of this novel, you are our hero.

Fiorisi, Chuyin and baka8roukanako like this.
  6. Chuyin

Chuyin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    By the way! The person above said very precisely what it means to emotionally invest in a book. I pondered a few days and came to the conclusion that it would be better to invite other translators for discussion, who could probably be interested in this work, but for some reason did not see the post.
    Since several teams have already been mentioned here, I would also like to suggest my own options. In the end, now many people are busy with different projects, and everyone has their time divided in their own way... Get it right: I'm glad that our post has found a response, however I don’t want to let this fire go out.
    For example, I am familiar with the work of the BC Novels and Sakhyulations translation teams. BC I trust unconditionally, because at the moment I am familiar with this team more than the others. As for Sakhyulations, they have a good translation, however, there are several active projects, which is why updates are less frequent. Nevertheless, from the tangible merits of their translation, I consider not only quality but also readability - the problem of some translators who put texts in the form of images is still a problem that makes reading very difficult.
    Since I hope to invite someone from the members of these groups here, I want to ask if anyone knows how to use the active link with the user's nickname?

7. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know any translators on NU other than K.san, sorry. I called people from the danmei sect to draw attention to the this thread here.

Fiorisi, Cypress, Shizuka15 and 2 others like this.
  8. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    Shameless advertisement... Great job! You could have also summon the damnei sect here~
    I've previously heard people saying that priest novels are hard to translate... I guess its true. Kinda dissapointing since this means less people are willing to take on this project. I pray some kind soul will come and be our savior soon.:blobupset:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  9. Chuyin

Chuyin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since I also take a great interest in translations and I am familiar with the language in general and Priest's works in particular, I approximately represent the level of complexity of her works. She has a rather rich language and colorful narration, which, on the one hand, causes admiration from readers, on the other - makes foreigners grow mushrooms in the corner. However, my skill is not enough to read her entire work in the original... I do not want to use automatic browser translators, since this work is worthy of good disclosure. In addition, any mechanical translator is more likely to break than translate everything written there.
    Now the little that I can do is, as far as possible, materially and morally support those who dare to undertake it. I load my toy pistol with multi-colored confetti in anticipation of our savior.

10. Cypress

Reading List:
    Link
    It's great that she's such a talented author who possesses a range of beautiful vocabulary and exquisite structure. It makes for an interesting read. I've tried to mtl once and boy was that a disaster~ Let's us all pray for our savior to come soon. Based on the english translations she does a great job with character development which is the main reason why Im so drawn to this book, its characters are very intriguing.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  11. pizZiCcato

pizZiCcato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've received a request for this novel. Currently working on some other stuff, but if it's still available by the time I finish my projects, I'd gladly pick up the translation!

Fiorisi, hasulin, Chuyin and 3 others like this.
  12. Cypress

Reading List:
    Link
    Ehhh piZi!!!! Really you will?! I LOVE U GOD BLESS YOU SOUL!!:blobsob: *bows* :blob_pompom: OUR SAVIOR HAS ARRIVED!!!:blob_pompom: You're currently translatting the extras from SV and MDZR right?! You do a great job with those. Btw wont it be hard to translate a novel by yourself?! Or do you have some people to help you?! (I just dont want you to push yourself)

13. pizZiCcato

pizZiCcato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I am! I'm glad you found those satisfactory! :blobxd::blobxd:
    Hmm, translations I'll be doing myself, but I have people to help proofread, so they'll be rooting out the most glaring mistakes, I suppose. I don't have any project after those extras anyway, so I thought, why not?
    But it would take some time to finish the extras, so hmm, I guess I'll back down if other translators post their own versions before me?
    Anyway, I'd be glad to translate this novel! Priest is a good writer, would be good to spread the love for their work! :blobhug::blobhug:

Nimroth, hasulin, Chuyin and 3 others like this.
  14. Cypress

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep I especially enjoy the SV ones :blobmelt:. Thats great! At least someone is willing to translate it so I'm satisfied.

15. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much!!! :blobparty::blob_pompom::aww:

I will now change the thread tag to 'picked up'.
    :blobhighfive:
    @Cypress @Chuyin @Airisu @Fiorisi @Shizuka15 @hasulin @Lisstr @Nimroth @K.san

K.san, Fiorisi, Nimroth and 4 others like this.
  16. hasulin

hasulin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for tagging, @baka8roukanako !

I quickly fell in love with Priest's detailed imagery, realistic characterization and cleverly structured stories that keep the reader intrigued, so I can't describe how excited I am right now... thank you so much, pizZiCcato!! TT__TT Your MXTX translations are great!

I can now start Liu Yao and meet the narcissist, the troublemaker, the meanie, the idiot and the wimpy kid... somehow I have a feeling I'll end up swimming in a pool of my own tears

Airisu, Chuyin, Cypress and 1 other person like this.
  17. Chuyin

Chuyin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    O.M.G.
    Today I had an unusual day, filled with different events, but your words literally melted the ice in my heart. If I were a spiderman, I would run a hundred times on the wall of my house back and forth. I read this message, sitting next to my friends, and they were somewhat shocked by my violent reaction, asking why I am so happy... I think this is a great reason to introduce them to the novels. :blobspearpeek:
    I love your work and always enjoy reading, getting from this ocean of pleasure. I wish you strength and good luck, because you more than deserve it! I hope you will succeed. I don’t know what else I can help with whatever I wish, but my moral support is on your side!

hasulin and baka8roukanako like this.
  18. Chuyin

Chuyin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    baka8roukanako likes this.
  19. Airisu

Airisu Where is my daily GL

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much! I can’t show in words how happy I am that this is finally picked up. You brightened my day, so happy!

baka8roukanako, Chuyin and hasulin like this.
  20. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    baka8roukanako likes this.