LCD Live Dungeon!

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by CamperDave, Aug 20, 2021.

1. CamperDave

CamperDave Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/live-dungeon/

Been following this series after reading its manga adaptation early this month. Starts off pretty slow, but the main characters are quite fleshed out over time, with some decent drama after things start going in detail. The latest translated chapter (84) also finally started off a large-scale battle it's been building up to, which is enjoyable.

Also, I've stated this in my review before, but the fan translation for the first 24 chapters is... not good. Like, MTL quality, with at least a few complicated passages omitted when I checked with the original Japanese text. Chapters 25-31 (by a second fan translator, but hosted on the same site) are much better, and so are chapter 32 onwards (by a THIRD translator for the same site...).

My recommendation is to read the manga adaptation up to either chapter 14 (end corresponds to WN chapter 25) or 17 (end corresponds to end of WN chapter 31) and pick up the WN from either chapter 25 or 32.
    Still wish at least the first 24 chapters were re-translated though, so that those chapters are actually enjoyable and have consistent terminology.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  2. CamperDave

CamperDave Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read up to the latest translated chapter (88). As of chapter 87, the story is finally past the the manga's content convered in the latest English-translated chapter (41). Looks like there'll be another large-scale battle in the next few chapters.