Discussion living alone

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Return, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Return

Return Ṩ͢͢͢aℽonara

Reading List:
    Link
    i was searching for jobs to freelance and stuff then came to my mind at that time , how much money exactly do someone who lives alone needs to live decently ? in my country salary needs to be 6000 min to be able to live decently and have breakfast and lunch and diner and have money to get medicine and treatment when sick and to save a little bit .
    now how 6000 is divided btw i am from egypt
    3000-3500 alone for food
    300- medicine
    200-electricity
    idk the water bill never had to pay for it before
    as for rent
    one person apartment probably 40meter have no kitchen and have bathroom + living room which accommodate: bed, fridge , sink , table , clothe drawer + electric oven & eletric cooking too
    costs : 700-800 per month and rise every year 100 more cause of prices
    now we are at 4800. let's say i wanted to hangout i would hungout once a week and spend 200 maximum
    5600 then save 400 for next month .
    what do you guys think ? and how much it costs to live alone in your country ?

2. Deadmantellnotales

Deadmantellnotales rebmeM nwonK-lleW

Reading List:
    Link
    It's pretty cheap in my country, for $1 you can have really fulfilling lunch. Govt gives rations such as rice, wheat, and other stuff for super cheap. You can rent a house for $70. As for the job, you can always join the Armed forces or other paramilitaries, they have petty good salary and benefits. If you don't want to serve the nation, then you can find other jobs govt or non-govt jobs if you look hard enough.

My country has a low cost of living. If you are looking for a life without luxury then you can easily find have it here. if you want to have luxury then you need to work hard. It is whole another matter if you have a family though since you need to provide for them.

3. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    you really need to count more on the bills. and save on food if possible. markets rather than supermarkets. cheaper goods wherever possible that does not compromise health

4. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Check the price of affordable but good to live in apartments (rent), then take that rent and put roughly 50% (the percentage varies depending on the relative prices of services such as electricity to rent and if they are included already) on top of it for housing costs, since usually only heating if anything is included and electricity, wifi, etc. Can get pretty expensive stacked together
    Not to mention that you might need new things for the house from time to time.
    Then take 100 times a normal meals price for food and then add however much you need for your hobbies and going out once a week

For Germany you get to roughly 600-900 euros with all of this as a single person living in a small apartment or together with others.

Deleted member 41274 likes this.
  5. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    my tiny studio apartment in SoCal cost 1400 usd a month. utilities cost 120, food cost about 300, plus i had to pay 50 dollars extra a month for my pet. and it was about 100 for gas, 300 for health insurance, and I'm sure there's more I can't remember. my basic living expenses were right around 2200 usd, and I was always right on the line so I moved back home.
    just remember, the general rule of thumb is to budget a max of 30% of your gross monthly income for rent. if you go higher you might not have enough to make it to the next paycheck.

6. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    It all depends on your expectations. The cost of living per person is about $ 2,500 per month, I mean in Aussie.

Look for an affordable place to live in your area. Be sure to save for a security deposit, rental bond, and other moving expenses. Cut your costs and make living alone more feasible by purchasing secondhand furniture, saving money at the grocery store, and limiting your appliance and utility usage.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wikihow.life/Spend-Money-Wisely?amp=1

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  7. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My only advice is to always overestimate expenses. And to invest ur money rather than to let it sit around devaluing. If you don't wanna get educated in stocks or end on the streets after trading options, just do index funds.

As for the costs of living alone in my country... A bit above our minimum wage, about 1.300 EUR (average wage of cashiers/waiters), should be more than enough if you don't eat out much and live like a neet in small cities or villages. In medium to big cities, you would need to share the price of the rent & food with one or two roommates.

Healthcare and education are free, so no fear of big expenses.

Price of rent = 100-400 EUR (Small cities or villages) 400-1200 (medium to big cities)
    Price of food, electricity, water...etc = About 200-500

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  8. Return

Return Ṩ͢͢͢aℽonara

Reading List:
    Link
    correction i spend about 120 every day for food multiple by 30 days you get 3,600
    and about saving if i dont hangout which usually happens then i would save between 1000-1500 every month. about healthcare costs 300 as mentions above
    and you ekfreet lucky guy have free education and healthcare

9. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Over here, the cost of living for a single lone person is roughly the minimum wage... Like...

The minimum wage over here is about 1000 of our local currency (which I'll refer to as 1000$ for simplicity).

You can live alone in a super duper small apartment for about 600$.
    Water, Energy, Gas and Internet should amount to about 100$ total.
    Food should cost you about 300$ overall.

Which should make you barely break even if you earn the minimum wage... Tough luck for you if you get sick or lose your job since you'll basically live without any savings at all, but such is life if you wanna live alone with minimum wage.

Ai chan likes this.
  10. Return

Return Ṩ͢͢͢aℽonara

Reading List:
    Link
    Not minimum but decent salary like a beginner salary

11. Llamadragon

Llamadragon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm. Not counting rent (because it varies so much depending on where in the country you are) I'd say 550 euros or so is realistic but not at all extravagant for a single person. That will narrowly cover taxes, transportation for most peoples daily needs, food, study loans and basic clothing, maybe with a bit of extra to put away for emergencies or stuff that needs replacing. Healthcare is cheap, but dental health or stuff like glasses isn't covered in this budget. And honestly, you'd likely want a little bit more just so you can splurge on proper winter clothes if it gets cold. Good clothing can get expensive.

As for rent, it really depends. The cheapest lodging I've lived in was 400 euros a month (lunch included!), but that was a house I shared with 6 roommates and it was out on the countryside. Rent for a small apartment in the central areas can reach a thousand euros a month. It can get cheaper if you live very far out on the countryside, especially in the northern part of the country, but then you'll need to factor in a car and the fact that food gets more expensive due to the challenges of distribution.

12. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    america?

13. Deadmantellnotales

Deadmantellnotales rebmeM nwonK-lleW

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, India.