Spoiler Living as the Tyrant’s Older Sister

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ruruki, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    :hmm::blobjoy::blobsweat::blobcat_rawr: I pretty much can imagine what you mean.

FreyjaVanadis and Ruruki like this.
  2. PrincessBubblegum

PrincessBubblegum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to know how the mc deals with the duke and the princess. From the earring situation, there would be other social battles that mc will face particularly against the princess. So it’d be interesting to know how she does it now that we know the mc has a happy ending

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  3. PrincessBubblegum

PrincessBubblegum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, now there’s a discussion thread, it’d be great to read just spoilers here as well as questions for spoilers. Thanks :blobmelt::blobcozy::sushi_thankyou:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  4. SoShy

SoShy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omgggg Kai is so cute. SUPER tsundere xD The siblings love here is so adorable. If you only read first few chapters of the story you would think Kai is an asshole and MC is a cold hearted bish but now, all they do is for each other, it's so goddamn cute... I can't take this... >.<!!!! *beats my pillow*

Just read 46th, I seriously don't get how Ebitch can be a heroine of any story. Usually I read the stories about naïve heroines that hurt people without even knowing and blackened heroines that doesn't give af about others for this or that reason, also other souls transmigrated in to heroine's body type that's selfish af. Ebitch doesn't fall on to any of these categories, she is just a bitch from the get-go, no reason required. Then how In the world does such a bitch gets to be the heroine of a story? I mean is MC's real life sis dumb or what? To write such a character with rotten personality be the heroine when this is supposed to be a cliché plain romance story? I really don't get it. Was she the real intended heroine of original story???

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  5. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    Cause its perspective, you only see one side of the story. Through the novel story you hear that Kai is a tyrant and abuses his rule. Edith being the poor heroine who needs help.

But when you see kai and his sisters side as well you just see the manipulative side to edith and the corruption.

There probably more to the story but we can already figure out that edith is just trying to take back the throne cause kai came out of left field literally.

6. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's also a fair chance that Edith truely believes herself to be in the right. I mean, from her perspective, this little shit who knows nothing just kinda... showed up, and took pretty much everything she had worked so hard for, simply because he's a boy. And then his wicked common-born sister has the audacity of making a move on the love of her life, making everyone believe that she, the perfect princess, is mistreating her and making her out to be a villain. Switch the perspectives, and you could make this a villainess redemption story, where she defeats the poor white-lotus commoner girl and the tyrant ruler and finally ends up with ML. Or at least that might be the narrative in her delusional, spoilt-rotten head.

It might also kinda check out with the original story when you think about how Edith and Ares met. She was crying. Chances are, she was actually crying, because suddenly, nothing was going according to the delusional perfect plan she had in her mind, this fairytale she had constructed for herself. Frustrated, she cries, and Ares, somewhat gullable as he is, believes her when she says that everyone is being unfair and tyrannical, mistreating her. He then checks what she says, sees how Kai has no clue what he is doing (because noone taught him), and decides to right some wrongs. The fact that the pretty princess throws herself at him, taking care of his.... needs, probably helped a lot. He doesn't seem like the type who was every really interested in "true love", being a hardened warrior and having seen the darkest humanity has to offer, so a pretty and devoted fuck-buddy would be good enough.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  7. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much, but ares was also probably using edith as well in the original to look for the item him and the other duke were hinting at during the banquet.

8. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    I kind of think that there is no item. To me, it sounded like he needed an excuse so Alicia does not think he is a stalker. And when the mentioned it at the ball with his buddy, to me it sounded like he told them there was "something" at the palace he's looking for - and that something is Alicia.

9. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone's the hero in their own story and a villain of another

10. lacerem

lacerem Because... I'm Batman

Reading List:
    Link
    As in the original timeline (aka the second one) we do not know how Kai grow up we can't know how his character was. We know that MC was the bread winner and basically the parent of Kai all his life, but the original sister(can't say host as MC is a reincarnator not transmigrator) might be a very weak willed person. Kai learned how to distinguish right from wrong from our MC. He is a little male version of MC. If he did not had this positive influence, he might very well grow up to be a power hungry jerk with or without the "help" of Edith and his uncle.

11. yserieh

yserieh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's called Narration bias. It means, when there is a primary "narrator" of a story, they tend to have bias and told from a perspective that makes them look good as the story is told from their perspective and feelings. That seems very much like the case of this story. You can look at Aladdin and make Jafar the hero in that story, as it's a story about a Sultan, his foolish daughter, and a con artist who forget about the common people of their nation. And only Jafar cares, hence why his desire to overthrow the out of touch Sultan. -nods-

https://jonnegroni.com/2014/06/09/what-if-jafar-was-good-all-along/

12. SoShy

SoShy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now this theory makes more sense but still, there's still the question why she still hold such strong prejudice when characters are just being introduced? Like, MC didn't have anything to do with so called Ebitch's dream-man-of-her-life at the start and even when MC does, Ebitch still only have a simple suspicion and haven't had any conclusive proof for it so far. Rather, she just wants to make MC's life difficult only because MC gets called by the same title as her 'Princess', despite being a commoner. Cutting off the wages of the maid, providing worn out clothes and etc, tbh forget being a heroine but rather she is being a perfect villainess even in her own story. I mean, I can understand her hating Kai, as he stole her throne but why drag the maid of his sister in to her petty acts? If she acted more righteous to her quest, she wouldn't be so hated. Well I guess in this case author actually wants us to hate her. But I don't like one dimensional villains that doesn't make sense. :blobupset:

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  13. 2_Zen_Owls

2_Zen_Owls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I don't think Edith view's Alicia as a major threat, but I do think she views herself as the alfa female and Alicia has yet to submit.

Also if you think about it women were basically pitted against each other. What I mean is men could be good a different things, hunting, academics, war, politics, and not every man was good at the same thing so while competing with each other there was always a chance to win at his specific talent.

For women they all had to strive to be ladies and be beautiful. In fact pursuing a talent like embroidery or literature too much was considered becoming the working class and was discouraged. So women can't be too talented. So every noble woman is competing fo the same thing, the only real determining factors are beauty, behavior, and status.

Edith is clearly threatened by Alicia's beauty, behavior can be changed, and if she marries the right person she could have the status to threaten Edith. That's how I view it anyway.

14. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, I am late to this party.

Currently, she's the alp[ha but I think she's realizing she might be slipping that title to a 'usurper'.

I would argue the opposite. I believe Edith sees Alicia as a possible threat.
    You covered that she might be envious of her beauty and that is true, however, I think she is more threatened of the existing relationship between Alicia and Kai.

They are half-siblings and in the world of the court. they don't anyone there save for each other - just remember Kai was shamelessly trying to coerce Alicia to go with him in the palace. Even with the kneel scene, he's trying his own misguided and childish way of clinging to her i.e.he orders her not to leave. They lived with each their and trust each other. Remember that in the latest chapter, Alicia's maid is covering for Kai when he was being berated by his teacher. Granted at the moment, Kia is no more than a puppet under the Grand Duke and even Edith since they were the people who know how palace thing works and how to be leaders.

Throw Ares here and if Edith gets wind that the guy of her dreams is interested in Alicia, it just gives her incentive to give her more hell (which I assume will be developing in the latter chaps). Let's also consider that Kai is in awe of Ares. FIf Ares asks for his sisters' hand, do you think he'll disapprove. No way, says me. It's killing two birds with one stone - he has his sister and he's the brother in law to the most respective soldier/noble there is.

And no matter how skillful Edith will be, she will realize that she's suddenly back to the bottom again. She cannot inherit since she's a girl and there is a current male heir. She can't get the guy of her dreams because the said guy is chasing the king's sister. Said King's sister challenged and nearly humiliated her at the coronation. She'll be losing everything she thought should be hers. If this is her train of thought, I'm not guessing if she masterminded the killing of the siblings.

I gonna love this circus.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  15. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    It's much every story, MC gets the main POV of the story because they are supposed to be the one who 'develops' in the story. As someone who writes, I cant create development for every character in my story because it will just suck my brain cells and sometimes, it's a waste of time. My editor will just tell me to redo the whole thing. It's impossible to give a good amount of screentime to every character and their development unless you're willing to read every chapter or create a episode for each one. Besides, reader focus is always key. I do assume all my readers are gonna remember every detail I associate with a character.

16. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    This manhwa is killing me! I don't suppose anyone knows the details of what they proposed in the latest chapter (ch. 48)??

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    Seiren88, Jukki and Ruruki like this.
  17. SoraxRiku

SoraxRiku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For once I am confused. Chapter 48 didn't make a lot of sense. So now is she still an advisor or is she just a financee now??? If its the latter, that would be super disappointing considering everything Alicia needed to do in order to get the position.

Seiren88 likes this.
  18. secret165

secret165 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What I understand, she is still advisor. She just hide from her brother. Maybe thats the reason she ask Ares to be her fake lover ??:hmm:

To justify Alicia reason keeps on visiting Ares workplace ??

Lady Lullaby and KathyClysm like this.
  19. SoraxRiku

SoraxRiku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But won't everyone find out that she is an advisor eventually? I mean it was reported in the newspaper two chapters ago. @_@

I feel like its counterproductive to everything Alicia has been trying to do. I will wait for the next chapter, but I guess its just a confusing chapter overall.

Lady Lullaby, river.wyles and Ruruki like this.
  20. secret165

secret165 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In Chapter 47, newspaper reported that Alicia was seen dating with Noel. Kai seems insecure and afraid that his sister will become like their mom. Alicia have to date normally with other men.
    Maybe Alicia ask to pretend to be lover with Ares to reassured Kai. We will know later chapter