Spoiler Living as the Tyrant’s Older Sister

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ruruki, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Suton

Suton Two can keep a secret ᴵᶠ ᵒⁿᵉ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᶦˢ ᵈᵉᵃᵈ.

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno, around 36???

2. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    He's just behave like a typical male lead that throwing away his beloved favorite things when he know something wrong with those things but he didn't bother to explain that since his words is absolutely gold and he loves to create misunderstanding.

3. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    I think its because he doesn't want to shatter her misconceptions of Edith. MC in a way made her like this, so she doesn't doubt Edith's "good intentions" - While Ares understands Edith just simply wants her to be humiliated. This makes me wonder if he will confront Edith about her actions and begin investigating her and the Uncle's actions. Think about it. Isn't it a little too suspicious that the uncle bent the knee so quickly to help a nephew he doesn't know? He could have been king himself? Also, Edith is too greedy to not want to seek power. She must have had a nasty surprise when she found out that she had a "little brother." That same Edith would have also would have requested Ares just so she can manipulate him into marrying her.

On a lighter note. LANCELOT IS A TOTAL CINNAMON BUN. I can understand why the MC wants to marry him so bad.

4. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    That's reasonable too. I mean MC innocently praising Edith in front of Ares as a really good person.

On another note, Lancelot is totally second ML that I am sure every fangirl will love.

5. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At the moment, the webtoon is at chapter 43 and still ongoing

The funny thing is, she has NEVER met him, she just kinda assumes cause everyone was gushing about him hahaha To her, he's just the best possible, least offensive option

alliebee, Mitsuki000, Ruruki and 4 others like this.
  6. Kattz

Kattz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but thing is, Ares knows that Lancelot is such a good person that you can't find fault with him. So he doesn't want Alicia and Lancelot to meet because if she doesn't like him for his skills, status, or material wealth, then there's no way Ares can 1-up Lancelot in terms of personality. Lancelot is too good a guy.

7. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Plus the fact that MC is specifically looking for Lancelot and only slept with him because she thought he's him makes his sense of crisis worse and spot on. :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

8. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone have warning bells go off with the Uncle and Edith? In the latest chapters Res mentions looking something for him while Edith looked disappointed that she couldn’t humiliate MC’s appearance. Then tried to make the public go against her. It’s as if she can’t bear to not step on someone. Then when the MC confronts her about the earring she the begins to shit her pants. I wonder how she’ll deal with the MC? How will Ares protect her?

9. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
    When you open thread and see so many messages you get happy because you thought they were spoilers but then you realised that it is a huge discussion thread...:blob_teary:

10. Atriedes

Atriedes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg.... I never thought of it this way.... You are absolutely right! Ares was such a narcissist saying that all noble women would be happy to find him at their bed. But if MC doesn't want him for his looks, money, skills etc... Damn.

No wonder he presented all the gems to her but she didn't want any even if she was poor. He told her if she is with him, she will get bragging rights but she doesn't even care about that.

He had nothing on her... So the only way left is to force his way to get her attention.

Anyone has the novel raws? I would go G translate if I need to. At the rate the webtoon is going, you'd probably need 5 chapters to go through one super mini arc. And I can't take it!

11. Atriedes

Atriedes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, do you think in the original story, Lancelot would have met Alicia either way? Maybe the OG Lancelot left because OG Alicia died.

And maybe the OG Edith was fake crying to get Ares attention and overthrow Kai.

Mitsuki000, minakun, Anaru and 9 others like this.
  12. Kattz

Kattz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Short answer yes

Short answer to go with the above short answer, also yes.

13. Kattz

Kattz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This specific thing, I thought it was because he knows her life is crap. She's a princess in name only and holds nothing of material value nor any power. She has to go out to do her own dirty work and carry a blade with her, even going so far as to threaten one of his soldiers to get her meager amount of money back. In his eyes, she literally has nothing and must be feeling morose about that considering that she (to his knowledge) wanted to sleep with Lancelot to convince him to give her a job. So, in his eyes, she must have some form of ambition that he can grant so she can finally be able to brag about her sad life.

14. Yukari_me

Yukari_me I Gotta Put Me First

Reading List:
    Link
    @lacerem

woohoo! I’m pretty sure now that the art won’t change not was it a fanart. I read the promo manwha of this and the art was exactly the same as the pic of the one I sent. So I’m betting the meme art will stay :blobparty::blobxd:

As for the current chapter where the manwha left off, I like how MC finally realized about the earrings but when y’all pointed out about how the uncle seems suspicious, i totally agree with you. Maybe the thing Ares needs to find in the palace is information. And this info might be directed to the late emperor’s death cuz iirc, wasn’t he on his death bed and super sick when Kai met him? This might include some internal strife for the throne within the palace. Considering that Edith is a girl, she can’t be the emperor. So the only thing left is to probably control Kai like a puppet while they hide in the shadows and slowly take over the whole palace using their reputation + influence :hmm:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    Zayan, Mitsuki000, Ahgadawn and 7 others like this.
  15. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure he is aware that she was looking for Lancelot to sleep with him though. I mean, he met her while she was looking around, and he himself kinda got her to hook up with him. It's not like she waltzed around asking about a Sir Lancelot (other than the kid who took her money, but he only told him that she was looking for a job).

The thing is, if that was really the case and Edith and the uncle wanted to rule from the start, why not just, you know, cover up that the little shit exists? Cause I'm pretty sure the uncle would have been next in line for the throne and would therefore have been acting interim emperor when the letter from MC's mommy arrived. He could have just, you know, ignored it and all'd be well

16. Kattz

Kattz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His subordinate (the one that told her Lancelot was upstairs) literally told him that she was looking for Lancelot to ask him for a job. Realizing that they had slept together, Ares put two and two together as to why she asked about Lancelot in bed and why she ran away.

17. Yukari_me

Yukari_me I Gotta Put Me First

Reading List:
    Link
    Imo, after reading several palace themed stories, considering the uncle’s status as a duke, I doubt it’ll end up well with him ruling as the king. Although as a duke your power is second only to the emperor, but there would always be others who would try to drag you down and not be satisfied with you. Especially when you don’t have any blood relation to the emperor. They might even think that the uncle’s goal was to become an emperor all this time and stayed by the former emperor just to earn his trust. What’s more, since there’s Edith this suspicion will grow more. So why not bring in a third party who is completely clueless in the world of aristocracy? With Kai’s young age and clueless nature since he wasn’t trained to become an emperor, it’s the perfect chance to score big while retaining your pure reputation. By helping Kai ascend to the throne and being his strongest supporter, Kai would end up depending on him a lot which could be very beneficial for the uncle since his position is secured as the emperor’s confidant. Others would also praise him for being wise and etc and would see him as someone they can’t offend. That’s why there’s so many benefits of helping Kai atm instead of killing him.

18. lacerem

lacerem Because... I'm Batman

Reading List:
    Link
    Theory tiiiiime
    I have one,
    As the chapter 24 indicated Ares knows Edith. As it is an established fact now; Edith is 2 faced, I think in the original story (the second version) she manipulated Ares to believe the empire is bad and tyrannical and Alicia is cruel. She might show the things she did to Alicia as the things she had to endure. As the Ares is very soft hearted (helping Alicia with the earring, sending her gifts, acknowledging her brother to make life easier for the pair...) he believed her and wanted to protect (and +18 her). If he was a real person I would say he has something for vulnerable girls. I do not think Ares completely trust Edith either, I believe when he said he was looking for something in the palace, it was correct. I think he is both loving (wink* wink*) and using Edith in the original story, as the novels do not show the happy ever after we do not know, how did he actually dealt with Edith after he accomplished his aim. This might also explain the 1st version of the story my little Kai was suppose to be a good ruler and live a happy life as a little rascal, but Edith and manipulated the discourse to lead him to his destruction. The difference in the third version is Alicia. she is strong, so she keeps Ares's interest alive and he sees people around her for what they are.
    Ps. I love Kai and Alicia's interaction, it is refreshing. normally the transimigrator and the new siblings would have utopia like perfect relationship. but I assume the writer actually have a younger brother to be able to write the very natural sibling interaction.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  19. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    I can see what you mean, but as a counterpoint, I'd argue that Ares is very, VERY confident in his ability to attract females (as seen in his wonder about why she was not happy when she found out who he was, or his believe that of course they would be sleeping with each other even if he were to date Edith), so it could also just be that from his point of view, she may have been looking for Lancelot, but she only did the fun bedroom stuff because he was just so damn irresistable, not because that was her plan all along. Which would also explain why he keeps insisting he isn't that kind of guy, that he does take responsibility, because he might think she wasn't actually hoping to loose her virginity that way, despite all she said about it being a one-night stand

20. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    you know when Lancelot said that the tsun-tsun Kai remind him someone, I think it is Ares.. (and with how Kai is formerly Main protagonist in first version, I think Alicia's past sister somehow unconsciously input some Kai's personality to her 2nd ver male protagonist)
    If yes, Ares is the person, then poor Alicia will have two men with tsun-tsun personality. She already get her temper up when dealing with her brother, then there is another one. I hope she can stay healthy dealing with two people.

and Kai, even with his bratty attitude is somehow a good kid. So, for him to become a tyrant...yup I suspect some foul play there.