Discussion LN and unconquerable Japanese

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Deadmantellnotales, Oct 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadmantellnotales

Deadmantellnotales rebmeM nwonK-lleW

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh I'm frustrated.,there are 100's of LN out in internet, we're you can download with one click. And here I am can't read that god damn Japanese. When ever I try to translate using Google translator, it makes my eyes bleed. How can a Google translator be that bad.
    So 3 days ago, I thought "enough is enough" I'm gonna conquer that freaking language and start learning hiragana. To my surprise, the pronunciation is identical to my native language . And I learned 4 columns and their tentens(so totally it's 8). Then when I looked at the future contents, it feels like mount everest. I will push ahead as long I can.
    God why Japanese is so though.
    I Even had a opportunity to study Japanese in my college, instead of Japanese I choose French, freaking French. And I was sleeping majority of that class. Thanks to my teachers kindness and fear for getting paycut(if certain % of student didn't pass then teachers get severe pay cut and backslash) I somehow passed.

UnknownSaint171 and Matteus like this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Get hit by ur local truck-kun and pray it "isekais" u to Japan. Once u isekai, u can learn the native language instantly (or so I've heard; check with ur local gods).

3. RabdomPersona

RabdomPersona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know the pain as well. I’m trying to learn Japanese and it’s quite hard to memorize everything. My method is to cry and then continue on

mir and Deadmantellnotales like this.
  4. abewan

abewan 〘Nishikigoi Dungeon〙

Reading List:
    Link
    As my teacher always said...
    "Guten tag."

Sadim and Deadmantellnotales like this.
  5. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that related to Gluten Free? :p

... I'll go stand in the corner now. lol.

Deadmantellnotales likes this.
  6. Matteus

Matteus [潜んでいる] [Com Fome]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I remember when I started learning Japanese, it was pretty tough. I thought about giving Korean a try after getting fluent in JP but Korean feels even harder than japanese.

7. VesperNyan

VesperNyan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Its not your fault, its the crazy history of Japanese writing. For years they just coped the Chinese and they to fit it with their own language kinda like Koreans. ( Keep in mind even though the writing system is the same, the spoken language is totally different, bonkers so there is both Chinese way to read and Japanese pronunciation). Unlike the koreans who got rid of the system, they decided hey lets add our own swiggly symbols by nobles. Thus hiragana was born. Then they met the dutch and were like how we add these weird Western words because he cant write in Kanji or hiragana, let invent and totally different symbols for same stick. Thus Katakana was born so you are basically learning three writing system because some lazy ass doesnt know when to simplify like the Koreans.

8. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    what's tenten? "? or °?
    speaking of japanese, I learnt hira and kata to read song titles.
    but I can only read, barely comprehend.
    the only upside is that chinese is my mother tongue and so I can barely read kanji.

9. Refulgent

Refulgent Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's really really really annoyingly hard in the beginning, but if you stubbornly stick with it, it eventually gets better. But it's going to be painful and suck until then, for quite some time. It's normal, don't be discouraged by this.

You need to work on it a little every day, don't just go all out to start and burn out after a week. Make it into a habit, work (yes it's work) on something every single day. Then one day you'll realize you're reading a few sentences without any lookups, a chunk of text, almost a whole screen... it sneaks up on you.

Then you realize you have a whole mountain of novels you can read and want to share with others, and then the frustration of creating good translations (a separate skill from reading) sets in...

[​IMG]

10. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    I completely agree with you. We simply don't get enough dose of LNs. WNs are too inferior and too many flaws. This is why JP will always be above CNs in terms of quality. It really makes one sad since we're years behind a lot of good content.

I'm also trying to self teach myself Japanese. I've seen people do it

Kuro_0ni and Deadmantellnotales like this.
  11. Deadmantellnotales

Deadmantellnotales rebmeM nwonK-lleW

Reading List:
    Link
    " =dackten/tenten
    °= handaten/maro

12. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Good luck studying it, it's a tough language, but it's nice to learn it! ^^)/

Kuro_0ni and Deadmantellnotales like this.
  13. Defiring

Defiring Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tough language to learn, you just have to try stuff out and practice, practice, practice. Don't look for a logical pattern to follow or anything, it'll make it even harder for you to learn.

mir and Deadmantellnotales like this.
  14. Melodious Nocturne

Melodious Nocturne [Dance, water, dance!] [My name is Demyx!]

Reading List:
    Link
    頑張って! Btw, my favorite online Japanese dictionary is Tangorin.com. Hope it helps!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.