LoL Worlds 2020 and The Kings Avatar

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by juniorjawz, Nov 10, 2019.

?

What would you think the chances are?

1. Highly possible

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. 50/50

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Almost impossible

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's announced that League of Legends Worlds 2020 will be held in Shanghai. Oh boy, all these possible promotions that may or may not happen is quite exciting. The fact that Louis Vuitton made a collaboration with LoL this Worldsis quite big.

Which brings to the topic... what are the chances that The Kings Avatar somehow makes an appearance as something like a collaboration or it being marketed one way or another during Worlds 2020? I find it quite possible, and if it's real that's quite exciting.

Anyways I'm off to sleep.

Also extra note : Who saw the live action and is it good? Heard a movie is coming too and I'm waiting for my cinema to show it. Alright that's all.

2. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All I can think about is how many people will "mysteriously disappear" because they said something about "Free King Kong" or something.

3. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Seeing the options, I can only chose almost impossible, but I think the chances are a little higher than that, there is a chance far it is far from being 50/50, as for the king's avatar live action... well, I will just say, don't get your hopes up :blobsweat_2:

4. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As a non-gamer and a pure novel reader...I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

(By pure novel reader I mean I don't watch animes or dramas and such very much...so far, 3 animes started this year, and 0 completed. Well, actually, 2 of those had a novel. I thought it would be a good idea to watch the anime first cause that has visuals and sound and stuff, then pick up from the novel afterwards...but I ended up watching one episode and started reading the novels.)

5. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    btw LoL World Championship just ended with FPX from China taking the win 3-0 (BO5 games)

Also if I remember, some people think that Ye Qiu is Faker from LoL as they share some similarities

(I myself didn't play league though xD)

6. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Kings Avatar will likely market itself off of the back of Worlds 2020 if they release after especially if China wins again. *This is unlikely due to the Curse of Worlds* However it's unlikely for League to promote The Kings Avatar in anyway shape or form. UNLESS the organisation that makes Kings Avatar is related to the music video for league in some way because they are in China.

7. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    There is already a King's Avatar live action.
    Whats your point?

8. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, there is, don't get your hopes up, no other meaning to it, you seem to have problem understanding my words, you ok :blobunsure:
    Maybe you are reading/watching too much bad stuff? seems be corrupting your thoughts, tell me what did you understand from my words :hmm:

Wujigege likes this.
  9. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont understand this entire thread to be fair.
    What does King's Avatar have to do with LoL
    Although I dont play League of Legends, the Chinese I know are big fans
    forking out $2,000 on a MSi laptop just to play it

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  10. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    Op just asking about the chance of a collaboration between two things he/she wants to see, as well as asking for others opinions about the live action movie but then again, I am probably not the person who needs to answer this :blobsweat_2:
    @juniorjawz, an explaination might be in order here mate :hmm:

Wujigege likes this.
  11. Kuronairo

Kuronairo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was at the arena during the finals , it was awesome. I wish EU won as I paid 100 euro for the ticket but well sports matchs are like that.

12. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    My feed is filled with the KSI and Logan Paul nonsense. I saw a link to an interview with KSI's parents on Skysports and then looked it up
    This recent match allegedly earned over 150million USD

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  13. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is already a ton of promotion between the two properties. Tencent is the owner of Riot Games, the company that makes League of Legends. They also own Qidian and all Qidian books, and they produce the King's Avatar cartoon and live action shows. In particular the live action show is sponsored by a few LPL teams and it is filmed in at least one of these team's gaming house and probably one of the LPL arenas.

There is definitely going to be some cross promotion, but League of Legends makes a lot more money so it's far more likely for Tencent to use King's Avatar to promote it rather than the other way around. And it's actually already happened - you can see a bunch of LOL posters in the live action show.

juniorjawz likes this.
  14. Neku

Neku Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will there be TKA style holo projection on LoL? Is there any game that uses bird eye view holo projection for their competition?

15. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just check Worlds Championship Finals Opening for 2017, 2018 and 2019. They can do it.

16. Neku

Neku Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The music video?