Question (Long Live Summons) Innate Realm Question

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Goblin Sleuth, May 9, 2018.

1. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WARNING QUESTION CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR LONG LIVE SUMMONS
    Okay so I am reading LLS and from what I understand the protagonist reaches the innate realm in the beginning of the story from practicing a sword technique in his dreams. Later on he levels it up more and when he his fighting in Hope town the story says he is on the brink of reaching the fourth level. Other people he has fought have acknowledged that he is in the innate realm, like the Demon Prince under the ant nest, and impersonator healing dude.

I just finished the part where he goes to pick the indigo flower, and gets ambushed and almost killed by the phoenix lady. Now the story is saying that he has reached innate realm level 1, but isn't this a regression? The story is acting like it a completely new power, and he is having trouble controlling his strength. I doubt the author would make such a huge plot hole, so I feel like something might have gotten lost in translation. Can anyone explain this because I am really confused?

2. draco5666

draco5666 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    think water pressure. his powers had reached the innate realm but say his actual cultivation wasnt yet. like say a pipe with the water pressure to near bursting levels, when his cultivation catches up to his power it actually lowers all the pressure allowing him to use it easier, more frequently and such. or perhaps like overfilling a travel bag. yes you can use it, yes you can open it, but you bst be careful or itll be an issue?

3. Bryce

Bryce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you're mixing up the name of his technique (innate sword qi) with the level of cultivation he has (level 1-10 -> innate/earth level 1-10 -> supreme innate/heaven level 1-10)

4. Goblin Sleuth

Reading List:
    Link
    So before he was at innate earth level 3 or 4, and he broke through to innate heaven level 1?

5. forecast

forecast [Batoto Veteran] [sakurahana veteran]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the innate he had on the first few chapters refers to the sword skill he unlocked. This or what he acquired is minor innate.
    I can't remember since its been some time.
    The new innate realm you are talking about is the power level on the continent, which he just achieved.

6. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
    the author retcon innate by making power levels not that important. the mc was like a kid that got a bottle(innate) but it was not full so he wasn't at his peak only having a drop of water. later he learns to condense water to get stronger without get a new bottle

7. 2trill

2trill Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No. Not too sure which level he was on at that point, but he wasn’t innate yet. He simply had power well above his level. So while he hadn’t actually cultivated and reached the innate realm, he could match the power of someone who was innate level 3 or 4

8. Sin

Sin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol they back to updating it?

9. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure he was already innate just didn't unlock the full powers of innate till she helped his body reach it in one go.

Edit: the 4th level you're mentioning may be the Sword Qi skill level he is at currently, maybe. Haven't read it in awhile.

10. Zom the Monk

Zom the Monk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He basically was a noob innate who couldn't fully use his powers, and that moment was when he truly reached level 1.

11. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    It's like a videogame, he had the requirements for innate from the beginning chapters, and the book even had him listed as one, but he hadn't actually awakened it yet. So he couldn't actually put any skillpoints into it yet, he just kept leveling the skills he had.

Superioreos likes this.
  12. Goblin Sleuth

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay I think I get it, he was not in the innate realm himself, but the attack he learned was on the level of the innate realm. Like knowing an ultimate ability that can normally only be unlocked at a higher level.

13. Greedyspree

Greedyspree 『Exile within the back room』

Reading List:
    Link
    His Technique was up to par, but he wasnt physically and otherwise. She has a technique called Charm, which excites the body and she pushed his body beyond its limits, forcing it to utilize power he couldnt handle. After the switch was flipped it was turned on, and he had to learn a technique to turn it back off so he could properly learn to control the strength.
    If you truly must, think of it along the lines of super saiyan. Because honestly thats basically how its written. He got so emotionally stimulated, it forcefully triggered the change. She just happened to have an ability which helped urge that stimulation along.

14. Bryce

Bryce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no that level 3/4 is referring to his sword skill
    the novel refers to level 3/4/5/6 with names like overlord or elder or something, think of innate as level 11 to level 20, and supreme innate as level 21 to 30;

15. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    the HTL for LLS is trash so that's probably at least part of the problem.

But I remember that LLS was kinda difficult to grasp/understand what's going on in the first place as well, so tl just made it worse/even harder, e.g. most of the time MC doesn't use the names of the characters but pretty girl #1, pretty girl with big boobs 2, ice beauty #3, and so on.

But yeah, then there's the Tauren being translated as minotaur, and quillboar being tled as orc... Some other shitty translation stuffs as well, and the TL changed terms every once in a while without fixing them in previous terms to keep it consistent either.

Also, keep in mind that the ranking on the grimoire/summoning book thing is different from innate/xiantian.

16. Robinhood1

Robinhood1 *The Mood breaker*

Reading List:
    Link
    It will be better to understand the things like this :

His sword qi cultivation starts from innate realm, but he actually does not have an innate cultivation base to support the power. So it's kind of toned down until he builds the base to reach innate cultivation realm. Therefore, he is actually super powerful, but since he does not know how to support it with his body he is slowly building up base to be able to use it in future.

Whenever a person breaks through innate realm there is a column of golden light signifying the potential of the person. But for him the column thing happened when he started cultivating sword qi, and not when he got to innate cultivation realm.

You can equate the thing as when a super strong species is born at a higher level of cultivation, but since they are a child they cannot really hold and use the cultivation realm properly. At that time even a person with lower cultivation realm can easily deal with the child, but the child needs to practice to reach the level where he can properly access his cultivation realm ...