Discussion Long post: "Your answer violates our policies". Uh, policy violates would that be?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kadmos1, May 19, 2020.

1. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Companies, services, and platforms. do have a right to moderate what they deem appropriate and inappropriate. However, sometimes what they deeme as violating their policies can be or are just plain ridiculous. It would be nice if their policies of "You can say or show this but not that" were a bit more specific at times. For example, take a look at this link: quora.com/Are-Greeks-considered-white. My 5/13/2020 response was "While there are Italians and Greeks of [non-White race descent], most Italians and Greeks would be likely deemed White/Cacausian."

On 5/15/2020, Quora Moderation sent me a notice that said "Your answer violates our policies". I have appealed asking how does it violate such policies but have not yet gotten a response back. Since April 1, there have been 5 other times that I got a "Your answer violates our policies" message notification. Uh, to my knowledgeable all 6 of those flagged posts didn't violate any policies.

Unless some auto-mod flagged that response as being a policy violation, not sure why it was flagged. Heck, even if someone clicked the "Report post"-type button, I am not understanding what policy was violated. Sure, I get it is a big site. However, one would think that a Quora mod would have responded back to me on at least 1 of those appeals. Sure, some answers could be seen as insentitive* but an insensitive remark doesn't necessarily violate what the ToS or policies dictate.

Just because a post is flagged that way and a member of the powers that be say the post is inappropriate doesn't mean the post actually is. That is, said person in power will say something that I said is inappropriate or appropriate when in actuality my post doesn't violate the ToS/policies. What do I mean? In other words, that mod or admin is confused with the rules allow at times and thus deemed what I wrote to be inappropriate, or removed/flagged a rule-compliant post that they didn't like. You know, mod abuse and/or cherry-picking.

Anyone have a similar experience at Quora or elsewhere where a response you wrote got flagged as being inappropriate?

*quora.com/Have-you-ever-been-touched-inappropriately-during-a-massage. My 4/1/2020 response was "Not yet (thankfully)." Now one might interpret that to be that it is saying that good thing it was not ME who has not yet been touched like that but I lack a concern for others who/that have been.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  2. Darkcrow.

Darkcrow. Foul Tarnished

Reading List:
    Link
    A short version pls
    [​IMG]

TamaSaga and tekinwillie like this.
  3. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    answer to your question
    Some greeks are considered white if they have lower level of melanin in their skin, other (invented) race if their melanin level is higher.
    after all this is the 21st century, african, asian and middle eastern,native american and pacific islanders people have lived in greece for generations and due to been granted nationality upon birth are greek

4. Kadmos1

Reading List:
    Link
    I suppose the TL;DR is something like this:
    @DocB: That is similar with my Quora post of "While there are Italians and Greeks of [non-White race descent], most Italians and Greeks would be likely deemed White/Cacausian."

Note: I just put a comment on my Quora post saying the following:
    So, how would my Quora post about Greeks and Italians being White be deemed a violation of site policies? I clearly indicated that most probably would be deemed as such, but I did acknowledge that there are Greeks and Italians of [insert non-White race here].

I am quite popular on Quora as I have had nearly 60K page views.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    nah~
    not yet.... maybe?
    here worst perhaps my post gone to andromeda cuz deemed aa spoiler~
    pfft~ too lazy to argue~

for big site hmm nah~ on old game sites there some cuz this cat trolling and flaming around~

ah~ there once or twice perhaps? Y!A what Y!A you ask? it yahoo answer~ quite big thing around 2005++ perhaps? it was on one of most toxic, flaming section which called~ religion section~ on early stage it was fun place ya know~
    anyway put it simple random cat use hmmm no..... more like pick phrase from bible(several ver of same hmm phrase? sorry forget da correct term), buddha, Quran and veda perhaps? to support that cat argument about something~ so this cat pointed how flaw it view based on that exact prove the other cat presented~ well weird enuf this cat get minus point flag cuz broken something~ no not downvote minus from system ya know~ it was 10 point? forget da detail it was huge point anyway~

anyway on big site with several moderator who know what on their mind~
    heh~.png

6. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Reply the same exact message, see if it still get removed

7. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    if you fell so strongly about it, just file a lawsuit of improper aplication of TOS
    After all a company TOS can be anything, but after it is publish it is their law and they can be brought to trial on the application of the TOS.
    Now i'm not a lawyer and can't tell if it would be worth it cause you would have to prove damages and someone disagree with you on internet isn't properly recognized as damaged

nevertheless, possibles reason for violation:
    Identity and Deceptive Activity
    Your Quora profile should use your real name or legally incorporated business name and use accurate and truthful credentials. Do not use Quora to impersonate another person, act as another entity without authorization, or create multiple accounts.
    No Spam
    Do not use Quora to post or attract spam. (basically all question you answered could be construed as spam and as such your answer is also spam)

8. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    I think censorship is gotten too much since they want to protect agenda. A lot of people have become so sensitive that reading the word white is racist to them even though they use black. Lot of words are censored and flag since they offend weaklings. Or perhaps to protect their own ego.

Those mods think they own the place so they decide what is right or wrong. Freedom is speech only exist if you agree with them.

Youtube has same disease taking down videos critising china. More severe is Twitch where they ban a lot of men violating there said policies but ignores those twitch thot even their violation is more severe.

Those policies are mere decoration like politicians promises.

9. Reak

Reak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sowflakes

10. animanaicT

animanaicT Nobody Important

Reading List:
    Link
    Roit games: saying that you are going to report someone is a bannable offense.

11. OverlordPotato

OverlordPotato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All of this would never had happened if this world only had potatoes instead of hoomans.
    Potatoes are love, potatoes are life. :blobtaco:

12. OverlordPotato

OverlordPotato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jokes aside, you can't even have a TV show or movie or novel or manga nowadays without someone getting offended. Go figure. :blobpeek:

TamaSaga likes this.
  13. animanaicT

animanaicT Nobody Important

Reading List:
    Link
    Everywhere there are lists of banned words or ideas, its really deceptive when they do this becuase they say they want to protect the community and foster a better environment, but what they are really doing is censorship by controlling what you can say. They don't want to take the time see the motives or hear ideas behind you are saying. You used a word or idea on the banned list thus what you say is bad.

14. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

15. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Some 'woke' probably got triggered and offended by your post :hmm:

16. Kadmos1

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone care to clue me how some one might be offended by my post of "While there are Italians and Greeks of [non-White race descent], most Italians and Greeks would be likely deemed White/Cacausian."?

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  17. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm betting it was something non-inflammatory that you said in a previous post, but triggered a group of SJWs. You're now on their online hit list and will forever after flag anything you say that is even slightly discriminatory.