Resolved Looking for 2 old Chinese movies or shows

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by TotallyNotAnAlien, May 10, 2020.

1. TotallyNotAnAlien

TotallyNotAnAlien Not an alien!

Reading List:
    Link
    As the title says, I am looking for 2 Chinese movies or shows from at least over 10 years ago. They suddenly came to mind, so I wanna check them out again. The details are unfortunately vague though, so I am looking for help here.

Movie 1 : Something about maybe a dragon tiger gate, and has multiple protagonists. One of the protagonists in their first scene says something like "I hate it when my meal is disturbed" and cue the action scenes. Later in the movie, there is a training arc in a pagoda I think, and one of the training was to pick up Buddhist beads that number in the thousands.

Movie 2 : Now, I remember even less of this one. A character loses his arm before or early in the movie. He then gets a new arm transplant from probably a bloodthirsty demon, which causes him to go on a rampage at times. I'm not even sure if he's the protagonist. But I am pretty sure that the arm gets ripped off later in the movie.

I'll only be able to check back several hours later, so thanks in advance~

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  2. manga2000

manga2000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TotallyNotAnAlien likes this.
  3. TotallyNotAnAlien

TotallyNotAnAlien Not an alien!

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the help! #1 was indeed literally Dragon Tiger Gate. #2 was correct as well. Seeing their details on Wikipedia jogged my memory.